Options

Nerfing the clerics Hammer of Fate by 40% damage is a game killer for me

124»

Comments

• Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    any word from the devs ats to why this is happening would be nice

I'm waiting for this, too. Yes, one would expect nerfing and "balancing" in MMO, but playing a class that is officially designated to be a "whipping boy" (developers already stated that they are fully aware about clerics being at disadvantage in PvP) seems masochistic. And a number seems semi-random, just like the choice of power affected by it. So we got 40% self-healing debuff, 40% nerf to the HoF, what next? 40% nerf to the HW, divine power, any extremely useful feats?
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nichivo wrote: »
    Relax... Prophecy of Doom will be nerfed next.

hahaha no clerics will just be deleted next.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm waiting for this, too. Yes, one would expect nerfing and "balancing" in MMO, but playing a class that is officially designated to be a "whipping boy" (developers already stated that they are fully aware about clerics being at disadvantage in PvP) seems masochistic. And a number seems semi-random, just like the choice of power affected by it. So we got 40% self-healing debuff, 40% nerf to the HoF, what next? 40% nerf to the HW, divine power, any extremely useful feats?

I was hit hard in their last major patch nerf to the cleric. Had to respec and go with completely different play. My current play style was my backup build. I neither have any more back up builds nor wish to ever create one cause every switch like this makes things worse and worse. Why would anyone spend money in this game to build up a character that you can't cater to cause everything you build up for gets nerfed even after the class was heavily nerfed and deamed weaker than all others in PvP? That the game's official stance is that the reason for the HoF nerf was that clerics were never intended to do damage pretty much tells me outright they will never let clerics have any type of damage and they will nerf it all to hell should they ever have any. We were supposed to have three paradigm paths, which we don't have and its quite clear that of the ones we don't have not a single one of them will give damage. Hell of the three paths we can follow under the current paradigm one was supposed to be offense orientated, one defense, and the other healing orientated but they have made it clear you aren't supposed to do damage. Right now I only have my account so if I want to play another Perfect World game hopefully I can convert astral diamonds over to it.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hahaha no clerics will just be deleted next.

lol, many of us are already deleting them
  • Options
    tigerspawn1tigerspawn1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lantmont wrote: »
    nerfing the two weakest classes and buffing the two strongest just goes to show they have NO idea how to balance a game whatsoever.

Protip: If a Trickster Rogue can one shot a GF and do 120% of a GWF's health in one hit, that isn't good game design.
    I agree. The DC was the weakest class and now it is even weaker. Devs need to spend some time playing their own game or look at the stats. Who wins PVP? Who scores highest out of all skirmishes and dungeons? It sure isn’t the DC. Only thing they top is the death board. Also if they are a Gods emissary why are they so easily controlled or stunned. Shouldn’t they be protected? I have never played any game were the cleric healed himself less than he healed everyone else. DC due to their power base and the fact that almost every power that they do is considered a taunt were already at a major disadvantage.
  • Options
    tigerspawn1tigerspawn1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since perfect world is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up our builds they should be proving respect tokens to characters that were affected by their nerfing. Most people are going to be quitting this game because devs are severely handicapping PCs. They are also making items worthless. These changes by themselves are causing people to want to leave combined it’s a game killer.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whit my Dc i don't do pvp very often. My build until now is based on recovery, i sacrificed my dmg for get the fast recharge of the enc and daily. Whit sun burst until now i'm able to recharge my day skill as a CW, spamming armor like singularity of most CW. The nerf on HoF isn't a so bad, since in pve i never used that skill. Many dc have forgotten that we are a heal/support class and not a daming class. Using a Dc is very hard, because you have to dodge, heal, take the whole party alive even if they failing all the dodge, because if 1 of them die, we are **** and we don't know how to use a DC. They nerf the sun burst too, this mean i won't be able anymore to use day like a Cw, maybe i will need more atk for get 100% Ap and this is the real kick in the ball we got. Prob a lot of player will left the game thx to this nerf, personally i will try to find a new way to use my full heal support Dc. Now, on the 22 the Dc in pvp will be like the training dummy for the glory of the Tr
  • Options
    eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i dont have cleric toon, but when i fight against cleric in pvp it dosent look to me that clerics need any nerf at all.. i think they need more survivebility... nerfing clerics are big NO for me...
    Veno Forever <3
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    it sounds more like you suck at DPS. cleric are dop notch AoE dps and survivability in both pve and pvp.

bad players will be bad.

Yea smart 4ss, how much did you dupe/exploit/pay them for high level gems to do that "top notch damage" you speak of? I don't even have end game gear yet, not even a stone, yet my stats surpass those of many clerics, bearing 4k power minimum and critical chance 38% and I'm not wearing a two-piece combo of each, I actually do a lot of debuffing, that takes away enormous defense amount, yet Lance of Faith, or Sacred Flame or any At-Will for that matter do sh*tty damage, so yea, while certain encounter powers deal acceptable damage, it's the At-Wills I had in mind mainly, so go kiss their asses more to take away suspicion from exploiting.

They should fix real bugs instead, like clerics able to heal themselves with Soothing Light while constantly jumping, one of the things which shouldn't be possible, but no, nerfing them is the way to go. If healing oneself from Soothing Light slows one down while running, how come it allows them to heal themselves while jumping?

P.S.: According to my calculations: if I can take away a char's defense from 5.5k to 1.1k (at least that's how it should work) shouldn't they die almost instantly while bearing power of 6k from buffs and very high critical?

Just a thought.
  • Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So my main used to be a DC (used to because now I will stick with my GF untill you nerf her too). After the big patch some time ago I was forced to respec from righteous to faithful chain to be able to heal efficiently and use feated HG when AS was down. Ofc that as any other DC i use SB to power my dailies up. So now you nerf it too. I used to get like 45% APs from well struck SB... it takes forever to build enough APs now - tested it on preview shard.

There are already so few DCs in PvP (for obvious reasons), nobody wants to be the punching bag for every other class. I personally PvP on DC only with my guild when I am sure that the fellow GF will cover my squishy bottom so I can build enough divine for AS. In PvP nobody thinks "aww a DC I should avoid that one it might nuke me" but "yey a DC I am about to get a free kill". So lets nerf the only daily that actually did some dmg in PvP, because it was "doing too much damage overall"... (um when where did I miss something?!)

Btw... I never felt so frustrated as a healer that cannot heal herself.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ