test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerfing the clerics Hammer of Fate by 40% damage is a game killer for me

wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
They said the 40% damage nerf was because it was way too powerful, and yet it sucked damage wise in PvE and was needed in PvP just so the cleric could get kills, and even then it often would only drop a level 60 player by 1/3rd or less of their health if they had good defense. Since I only really play PvP anymore, this change is an absolute game killer for me.
Post edited by wholyhandgrenade on

Comments

• Options
    captobvious8captobvious8 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The is our ONE decently hard-hitting move. It still often would only take off small portions of their health if they had good defense or procs. Why does THIS need to be nerfed while rogues can still one shot people?

Combine this with the fact that we have no stuns of any worth whatsoever, unlike ALL the other classes, nor do we have any cc immunity, and this means that the only way to live through an encounter with any other class is to attempt to heal through it. Not actually try to kill them, cause it won't happen. And, FYI, it's impossible to heal through a fight if you're not even able to touch the ground because of constant CC bombardment.
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    When was this change implemented?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The is our ONE decently hard-hitting move. It still often would only take off small portions of their health if they had good defense or procs. Why does THIS need to be nerfed while rogues can still one shot people?

Combine this with the fact that we have no stuns of any worth whatsoever, unlike ALL the other classes, nor do we have any cc immunity, and this means that the only way to live through an encounter with any other class is to attempt to heal through it. Not actually try to kill them, cause it won't happen. And, FYI, it's impossible to heal through a fight if you're not even able to touch the ground because of constant CC bombardment.

like I said, this will be the game killer that will get me to completely stop playing... I'll try PvP after the changes but chances are really good that I quit
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    iergo wrote: »
    When was this change implemented?

in six hours, when the Fey Wind changes go live I think
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I completely agree, the nerf isn't needed at all, the daily against other classes:
    CW - can time his dodge, avoid 2 of the daily hits
    TR - can go into stealth, not get hit at all
    GWF/GF/DC - too tanky to notice any dmg from it.

its their only CC immune skill at the moment, which they can use to escape or kill a badly injured rogue/cw on the run.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    I completely agree, the nerf isn't needed at all, the daily against other classes:
    CW - can time his dodge, avoid 2 of the daily hits
    TR - can go into stealth, not get hit at all
    GWF/GF/DC - too tanky to notice any dmg from it.

its their only CC immune skill at the moment, which they can use to escape or kill a badly injured rogue/cw on the run.

trying to get a GF to take damage from it 1 on 1 was pretty much impossible... it was also blocked a lot and now with the nerf its made worthless as the other mass attacks will do more damage, and hammer of fate was really needed to finish off those clerics were fighting as you get them to about 10% of their health and its hard to ever finish from there
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Found it and I think they are crazy! http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=958251

I mean if they prevent the other classes from being immune to some of the damage then ok, I would understand a need for the nerf.

Adding to the list above: GWF can go Unstoppable at the right time and become immune to at least one of the damage.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They're coming next week, not in 6 hours. I have to agree this is a baffling change.
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    Added to the list of Clerics quitting when this change goes through.

7 days until it goes live. 7 days notice of the change at all. 0 chance of it being retracted.

GG game over.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And all the DPS clerics just started crying.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    braanu wrote: »
    Added to the list of Clerics quitting when this change goes through.

7 days until it goes live. 7 days notice of the change at all. 0 chance of it being retracted.

GG game over.

consider me added to thie list as well and thats a big F...U.. to cryptic
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why ???????

The def buff during this skill seems bugged, because i got hit with a 22k TR daily twice, 1 during Hammer and the other without, i still got hit the same.

Next whether is lag or whatever, it doesnt always save me from chain CC like its supposed to. Coz its supposed to be my one and only chance to get away from being chain cc to death.

The damage can be dodge....... not once....... but as many as possible even blockable. And as said by many..... its not even a real killer spell T_T.

Why are you nerfing clerics again?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And all the DPS clerics just started crying.

ok so its cool for them to pretty much make us holed into one category so it's heal or gtfo please. clerics didnt need nerfs they needed buffs we have terrible survival rate our defense is **** and even if we dont die in a rogues encounter or cc train our self heals are a sick joke. now were forced to heal only which btw not as good as potion spam. congrats PWI way to destroy a class clearly you have no idea how to do anything with clerics.

and on a pve side not we constantly get aggro from anything and everything the sunburst nerf helps alot to thanks.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please don't take this nerf live, DC's are already a class that needs more love.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    porter35porter35 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Clerics are doing too much damage", said no one ever.

Of all the things that get complained about and desperately need balancing, this one makes the list? I don't even know, man. I know people rip on devs with silly stuff like "omg do they even play the game lol"...but seriously guys, you're making me wonder.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    porter35 wrote: »
    "Clerics are doing too much damage", said no one ever.

Of all the things that get complained about and desperately need balancing, this one makes the list? I don't even know, man. I know people rip on devs with silly stuff like "omg do they even play the game lol"...but seriously guys, you're making me wonder.

truth i say!!!

cryptic should delete the cleric class and replace it since they seem intent on making us the crappiest of them all.
  • Options
    zoushozahnzoushozahn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Clerics are already terrible in PVP, and now you're doing this? Really?

Count me in on the list of people unhappy with this change.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    This power should have never been touched. And certainly not for the amount it was touched.

The cleric needed buffs...nothing should have been reduced.
  • Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd be OK with this change if Clerics got a 15-20% across the board At-will and Encounter boost.

It's funny how the Devs already stated that Clerics suck in PVP, then they nerf the one semi-damaging power we have left.

It's going to be **** near impossible to find a cleric for GG runs if this happens.
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Simply amazing. Once again, nerf the cleric, which the community agrees is on the BOTTOM of the pvp power and survivability list. Obviously the devs play rogues as they are so reluctant to do anything about their powers. I'll wager one of them is losing to a cleric in pvp so clerics need to be nerfed even more.

Here's a thought. give us back our self heal to 100% !!!

Think there's almost no clerics in pvp now? wait till this goes into effect. We can't heal, can't do damage, get no pts from pvp as it is, and u want people to continue playing ? What ever happened to that "We know we gimped clerics in pvp by no longer granting assists for healing, we will make it up to them at a future time" post. Oh yeah. Thanks. We appreciate the love.

What's next ? Clerics won't be allowed to equip weapons or armor in pvp ?

simply pathetic
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Most incompetent gaming company ever. But should have been clear, because I already had the experience of Star Trek Online, where damage dealer can tank better then tanks and were buffed frequently to be even more overpowered.

Beside my cleric I also play a TR and a GF. Compared o this both classes, cleric is so weak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think we all know the real reason behind the devs lack of love for DC...they just aren't buying enough Tene's and Perfect Vorpals. Step it up guys :confused: ......
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    I think we all know the real reason behind the devs lack of love for DC...they just aren't buying enough Tene's and Perfect Vorpals. Step it up guys :confused: ......

to step it up we actually need attacks that make tene's and perfect vorpals worth getting... you can tene's and vorpal clerics up all you want and they will suck compared to any other class
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good thing I pretty much gave up PvP with the patch a week or two ago. Like the nerf to GWF Slam, although even moreso, this is a baffling change. Clerics can hardly heal and now they can't do hardly any damage. There's almost no point in bothering with PvP now. And not much for PvE really either.

Where are all these nerfs coming from? Or rather why? Are the devs basing their changes on those overpowered enchantments or what?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Good thing I pretty much gave up PvP with the patch a week or two ago. Like the nerf to GWF Slam, although even moreso, this is a baffling change. Clerics can hardly heal and now they can't do hardly any damage. There's almost no point in bothering with PvP now. And mot much for PvE really either.

Where are all these nerfs coming from? Or rather why? Are the devs basing their changes on those overpowered enchantments or what?

those over powered enchantments never get nerfed and they really should be.... as it stands now they nerf and nerf and nerf classes and abilities to the extent that you can't create a build and expect it not to be totally destroyed by their nerfs, and if you can't trust your build to not be totally screwed up beyond all hell you certainly can't trust that you can spend money on your character to build it up for its build... net effect, this game is totally unplayable ... its really funny that every class was supposed to have 3 paradigms to choose between and we never got those, and the players made builds that at least were able to differentiate ourselves slightly from others and cause of it they choose to nerf the abilities that made even that little bit of differentiation possible.... they can go to Hell.
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well, I bet all the clerics leaving the game or shelving their healers will boost the sales of healing companions and stones of health. I have no other remotely logical reasons to explain these nerfs, because there aren't any.
  • Options
    abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seems quite strange, even if I don't know much about DC.

Seeing other parts of the class changes I've started to question Cryptics ability to balance classes.

I guess they are just unlucky when thinking.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh look more nerfs because of PvPers. So are you PvPers happy now that you have screwed over PvEers which are the majority of the players here.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    please find me all the post from other players complaining that hammer was to much dmg lol, also find me the posts where people complained that sunburst was allowing us to spam dailies lol please come on devs we want a reason behind these cleric nerfs a legitimate one not just oh we felt so and so was doing to much dmg like ive said before have you even played your own class cause you would certainly find out these arent the case. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: x 20 more
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Oh look more nerfs because of PvPers. So are you PvPers happy now that you have screwed over PvEers which are the majority of the players here.

huh what does this have to do with the topic lol

i doubt there are any pvpers that have ever said "**** these clerics are OP they need to be nerfed to the ground"

good one bud