What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    lazydude1177lazydude1177 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My launcher Always get stuck at "Logging in,Please wait" D: I wanna play this game so bad,Looks cool, and interesting.....Pls I need help,

Thx!!

-Lazydude117
  • Options
    ladyandrea87ladyandrea87 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I get this error once every so often.... I load up my Neverwinter but it will stay in the tray minimized and will never maximize and actually load the launcher.... It just stays minimized and judging from my list of processes it doesnt get alot of CPU assigned to it, even if I change its prio it still stays on the 3.5 mbit (?) of assigned CPU... It helps deleting and reinstalling but its a ballache and it happens once a month almost.....

Oh and Im running WinXP
  • Options
    killeronegaikilleronegai Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Launcher problem issue...

I would like to share this

Try downloading the latest Internet Explorer or update your Windows Internet explorer.

hope it helps :)
  • Options
    mcornettomcornetto Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The launcher is loading 2 gig patches over and over again since the last update. It patched before I played, It patched when I exited. Now it's patching again when I started up. Is this going to stop or is it just going to keep on patching. Some countries have download quotas and errors like this one can easily use them up?
  • Options
    mistressjjmistressjj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mcornetto wrote: »
    The launcher is loading 2 gig patches over and over again since the last update. It patched before I played, It patched when I exited. Now it's patching again when I started up. Is this going to stop or is it just going to keep on patching. Some countries have download quotas and errors like this one can easily use them up?

I have the same problem. I also forced verify and still have same problem.
  • Options
    laghartolagharto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mistressjj wrote: »

Same problem here.
  • Options
    mestaldamestalda Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same problem, except that i go through the patch then to another one of 2xxxKB that takes forever (like an hour , lol really?? back in the 80s download speed ratio).

Anyway I am able to go to the log in screen and log into the game then .. nothing. Can't do anything at all.

Is this the release version or is it still the beta (or alpha)

Never heard about perfect world before i tried thius game 2days ago.. I start to understand why.

Re installed the game used force verify and other options...

GG broken code I guess I'll wait a couple of days .. which means I'll prolly never come back
  • Options
    korimus81korimus81 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mistressjj wrote: »

Yep, whenever I exit the game it starts to patch 2.2GB. I close the launcher and reopen it and it patches 2MB every time. Weird..
  • Options
    n3rdlifen3rdlife Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ever since the update I keep getting unable to authenticate. At first the launcher gets stuck on a white screen for a little bit then when it finally loads it gives me that error. Never happened to me before the patch.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    n3rdlife wrote: »
    Ever since the update I keep getting unable to authenticate. At first the launcher gets stuck on a white screen for a little bit then when it finally loads it gives me that error. Never happened to me before the patch.

same as mine.. and before that... it keeps on patching my client.. Since it's been already patched for about 223xMB something i cancelled it.. then it goes white now.. and cant run the launcher.

Error code:

130729 06:53:43 3 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 14\nThe connection to the server was lost - unexpectedly disconnected
    130801 16:16:32 18 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 14\nThe connection to the server was lost - unexpectedly disconnected
    130815 16:23:23 17 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 14\nThe connection to the server was lost - unexpectedly disconnected

but i can browse.. watch videos online... and download @ 1.27MB/sec rate
  • Options
    firesoul31firesoul31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    Can we get a dev response on this? Seriously, it is ridiculous not to hear from Cryptic about an issue that as far as I know every single player is experiencing.
    Playing, paying & Coding - My take on Neverwinter, mods be darned
    Opened up comments, because I would love to hear what everyone says, even the naysayers. :)
    http://goo.gl/TiX1kO
  • Options
    mcornettomcornetto Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm still having that same issue where it patches with 2M when I start and 2G when i exit. I found that I can just close the window when I exit to prevent the download happening again.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sharing:

Problem " res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm "

My own solution... [ I used multiple IP address ] every time I encountered that problem I change my IP and the launcher works fine.

May I ask again? I found another problem... even i dont chage my IP it always keep on patching after i log-out on game? what is that for? Unlimited patch?

Note: I have already checked Option panel on the patcher.. and checked the " Disable on demand Update " but still updating :(

OMG as of now.. I just log-out.. and it patched again.. and it auto closed the launcher is broken again...
  • Options
    prcospicosprcospicos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unfortunately the Boku payment service is not available in your region at this time.
    We hope to have this service restored in the upcoming weeks. Thank you for your patience.

-Perfect World Entertainment
    Plss i from Serbia.Give me opportunity to mocha to buy credits
  • Options
    rillusionrillusion Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have windows XP, and I have installed the game a while ago. Every patch was patched and I could play the game. But today, when I click on the icon to open Neverwinter. I get nothing. Then I tried with "Run-As" then it opened, but when I tried to login, I couldn't login. And because of that I can't play. Could you solve this issue as soon as possible, please?
  • Options
    crazerqcrazerq Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2013
    same problem here click play on Arc nw client didnt appear but in taskbar have client icon
  • Options
    crazerqcrazerq Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2013
    its fixed alrdy i go task manager click nw client then maximize
  • Options
    grom5674grom5674 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    My launcher is patching everytime I start up, only it only get's to 8% done, then moves on to PLAY. It then patches again when I log off, near as I can tell, that patch never finishes either. The box closes after about 5% is patched.

I see a lot of folks are having this kind of problem... Any one from the game side gonna check in and give some sort of answer??
  • Options
    rillusionrillusion Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is it normal that the launcher can't authenticate, and it even couldn't attempt account server connection??? Please give me an explanation
  • Options
    komatakiakomatakia Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like many others, for a few days now when I exit the game, the launcher starts automatically and starts patching for 2.2G. It doesn't get far though, it only does about 1% and then it crashes (evidenced by the system tray icon being left and only removed when mousing over it).
  • Options
    judicaturejudicature Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unable to log in. Launcher says it is patching but there is no display of what is being patched. No error messages are displaying. This has been going on since after the last update. The only thing on the launcher that seems to be working is the countdown clock :mad:Any one having the same issue?
  • Options
    zimmaxazimmaxa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lol same, all i see when i mouseover the taskbar tab is the clock counting down to doom....
  • Options
    whitedarkness32whitedarkness32 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i downloaded the new client to login to neverwinter but yet i still get spammed with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ads please help with alternate solution or something really want my fix of neverwinter please and thankyou
  • Options
    wolverine19122wolverine19122 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    komatakia wrote: »
    Like many others, for a few days now when I exit the game, the launcher starts automatically and starts patching for 2.2G. It doesn't get far though, it only does about 1% and then it crashes (evidenced by the system tray icon being left and only removed when mousing over it).

I hear ya. I have been having this issue for at least 4-5 days now.
  • Options
    bluehawk89bluehawk89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [Solution] Update 10: For "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." messages, close Teamviewer and Mumble if you have them opened.

This is a work around; not a solution. The solution would allow you to run both programs simultaneously. Please resolve this issue.
  • Options
    nosamnosam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i think ill wait a couple of days tbh then try again as it will load and then time out so i guess its still being workedi log in to it and it says connecting then times out . either thast or its still not ready for uk to connect too
  • Options
    misterandrsonmisterandrson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This seemed to work for me but it may not be the real fix, however, is worth a try:

Open Mumble
    Configure>Settings
    Tick 'Advanced' at bottom-left of the settings window
    Select plugins section
    Untick 'Link to Game and Transmit Position'
    Untick all of the enabled games where you no longer see check marks in any boxes
    Click 'Apply'
    Select overlay section
    Ensure overlay is unticked at the top
    Select the overlay exceptions tab in the same window
    Ensure black list blip is ticked and add the following:
    -C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe
    -C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\GameClient.exe
    -C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\crypticError.exe (may not be available for everyone)
    -C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\PlayTest\GameClient.exe
    -C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Playtest\crypticError.exe (may not be available for everyone)

Restart you computer
    Open mumble first and/or connect to a mumble server
    Open Neverwinter game launcher and see if the game launches for you

If this helps please share it with anyone having the same issue or other forums
  • Options
    afloatingstoneafloatingstone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Having launcher update problems for several days now. Every time I log in it starts patching, only partially downloads it, then launches the game. When exiting the game, it relaunches and starts patching again. Today I had to download the Feywild patch twice before it would work.
  • Options
    annsachdannsachd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Haven't been able to log into the game since the patch :o Keep getting "Material Files Reloaded" on Cryptic loading screen, haven't seen any references to a fix for it yet.. although I did try the suggestions listed here.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    that's a freaking brilliant use of the promo key system....
This discussion has been closed.