test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hello from the Neverwinter Community and Volunteer Moderator Teams!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone!

A warm hello and well met from your Neverwinter Community and Volunteer Moderator Teams! We're here to help you feel welcome, answer any questions you might have, and listen to your feedback about the game and Neverwinter community in general.

The current Community Team is as follows:

Community Manager
Strumslinger

Communications Manager
yetweallfalldown

Community Moderators

Ambisinisterr ; Lewstelamon01 ; Zebular ;

Volunteer Forum Moderators are community members who help keep the Neverwinter forums warm and friendly by organizing and tidying up threads, ensuring conversations stay on-topic, and promoting polite and constructive discussions. Volunteer Forum Moderators are not employed by Perfect World/Cryptic Studios and do not have any special access or privileges other than moderation tools. Rather, they've expressed a desire to help the community thrive through volunteering their time on the forums, and help make the forums a place where players are enabled to have their voices heard.

Please feel free to PM any of us with questions, comments, or concerns. You can also find the Neverwinter Community Team on Twitter and Facebook, and feel free to post your feedback about the game in the appropriate subforum - we're always listening!

Also, if you're ever wondering what the Community and Developer Team members are talking about, head on over to the Dev Tracker to find out!

Thanks, and see you in Neverwinter! :)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello.

I'm not the wool-headed sheepherder everyone is talking about. He comes later.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited July 2013
    Hello, Neverwinter fans! As sominator mentioned, we love reading all the feedback and suggestions you've left so far -- don't stop! You have a bigger impact on the game than you could ever know so keep up that passion! Let us know what you like and what could be improved in Neverwinter. And of course, continue being an amazing community.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Greetings and Salutations People of Neverwinter!

My name, as you can probably tell, is Ceryndrion, though most people just call me Ceryn, or "hey you", or "the cranky english guy in the corner, pay no attention to him". I've been playing Neverwinter since Beta Weekend 3, and have been hooked on D&D games from a young age, from being bough my first dragonlance book, to the first time I played pen and paper D&D in a school classroom one lunchtime.

I don't claim to be an expert in all things D&D, I make mistakes as much as the next person. But at the end of the day, I'm here to help you, and to help these forums, develop into a good and strong community.

I've been gaming for a great many years, and have been playing MMO's, for the last decade (I'm not counting MUD's which I played/developed since the early 90s). I was also part of Anarchy Online's ARK program, where I trained their in-game CS team on how to handle problems, what to escalate and when, and of course, exception incident handling (players interfering with other players). I also was part of the 'Voices of Kobol' moderator team for Battlestar Galactica Online. I'm not a huge fan of PvP, I much prefer to explore, to investigate, and to learn new things. Shouting "omg **** u suk!" or words to that effect, just isn't my scene.

I'm old enough to know better, but still young enough, to not care.

Have a fantastic evening of dungeons, quests, pvp and chilling out in Protector's Enclave..

Ceryn..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello!

First I want to thank the volunteers and I appreciate what you guys are doing. It is not going to be easy dealing with cynical and at times disruptive posts in forum - you guys got your work cut out for you. Here's to your successful tenure, cheers!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys,

I hate talking about myself. :(
    *Looks at Som and Pin* Can't I just do and an Ask Me Anything!?

Well, I've been a fan of D&D for more years than I can count and I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys in game and posting here. If you have any questions about the Game, D&D, or want to discuss anything I'm literally a PM away. I do read everything I am sent so truly don't hesitate to ask. :D
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Well met!

. . . . . I've been playing MMOs since 1997, with Ultima Online where I was once a game Counselor for EA and was in training to be a Mentor (trainer) when the Counselor program was dismantled. Since, I have played nearly every MMO to hit the Western Market, as well as many more from all over the World. I also used to be a Moderator, Forum Administrator, and Managing Editor at Stratics, years back. You can learn more about me in the original introduction thread, when I was first brought on as one of your Moderators.

. . . . . I am known as 'Old Zeb' (with the apostrophes) in game on the Mindflayer Shard. My Cryptic Handle is @zebular and I currently only play on the on Mindflayer Shard. My secondary account handle is @Captain_Ralubez. I do not have any characters named "Zebular" in Neverwinter, so if you see someone with this name in Neverwinter, it is not me. Check the @handles (@zebular & @Captain_Ralubez is me). I do have a Zebular character in both Champions Online and Star Trek Online however (my mains there-in), by the handle of @zebular also.

. . . . . I have some biographies written on my personal web site for my Role-Playing characters in the MMOs I play and also included them in the Sticky in the Moonstone Mask (link 1 & link 2). I love to Role-Play and I love the Forgotten Realms and have been DMing the same Campaign for almost 20 years now (off and on).

Safe travels,
    ~Zeb
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm actually glad you guys made this thread, here's for good luck ^^
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I haven't had too much experience with the mods so far, but I have to say, from the one I did have experience with zebular has been fantastic. :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, thanks for all the admin work.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,367 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Howdy all!

"You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here." -- And hence started my gaming adventures....

I'd like to officially introduce myself. The very first RPG I played was a text adventure from Infocom called Zork. Good Lord Dimwit Flathead, am I dating myself! I was 11 years old when this game came out, back in 1981 BC... My Commodore 64, 128, and the grand prize of the '80s computer scene, the first multi-tasking computer, the Commodore Amiga, played literally hundreds of games... it was great growing up in the 70s & 80s. I have my father to thank for buying those machines as a kid.

I have played many a game afterwards... including all the SSI Gold Box D&D classics (Pool of Radiance, Dark Queen of Krynn, etc), Dungeon Master, a Bards Tale, Might & Magic, Diablo I & II, Bulder's Gate I & II, and of course a couple of little known MMOs called DDO & Neverwinter...

Nowadays I'm a family man and a business man with only so much time on my hands. However I see myself always keeping some time to play games with likeminded folks all over the world. I love the fact that this space created by Cryptic, allows our D&D folk to mingle once again.

I'm an avid music fan who loves classic rock, oldies, motown, the blues and the sounds of live instruments in concert. My favorite guitarist of all time, is the guitar tone king himself, Leslie West. Games & music, the great escapes.

I leave ya'll with a famous quote from the Game Master himself, a happy huntin' and to playin' it hardcore...

“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” -- Gary Gygax

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here."

Your sword is glowing with a faint blue glow
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    ad1x2103ad1x2103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    YO :D Co tam ziomki
  • Options
    jast3njast3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys,
    I'm new here and my character is lvl 8.
    Im stuck in a quest called Labyrinth of the Pso'Nul'Ja:
    Find the prelate veraza hidden sanctum, I checked all gates but couldn't solve this puzzle.
    Can any one help me please?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Well it's a labyrinth for a reason. ;)

BTW That's not an Official Quest, that is a Foundry Mission made by a player. Pretty impressive, huh? :D

I don't want to give you a direct answer but I know it is, vaguely, hinted in the clues when you read the books and conversations. I'll simply say you should "NEVER eat sour warheads" and leave you with that if memory serves.

I'll have to play later and make sure that is the right answer, if you understood my clue, but I am fairly certain it is.

Have fun and welcome to Neverwinter!
  • Options
    thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi all,

Sorry for the late introduction; I haven't been around much the past week or two and just noticed this particular thread.

I've been playing D&D since the days of the little blue box, and been playing video games since Pong. In a related note, I'll be celebrating my 29th birthday later this year ... for about the 15th time ;)

While I've done a fair amount of progression raiding and organized PVP in past MMOs, I'm pretty much the definition of casual player these days, mostly due to the tighter schedule demands of marriage, work, etc. Until gnome illusionists get added to the game, you'll find me on Dragon Shard playing my halfling rogue, Briman.

Blessings of Tymora to you and yours,
    thebriman
  • Options
    razzi25razzi25 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Gday all, thanks for your time, and your entertaining thread so far. Its good to know there is a place where you can go for help if you cant get it instantly in the game. I'm new to Neverwinter. A very good friend introduced me to the game who is a long time D&D player.. yah he got me hooked, now officially an addict. So I'm currently level 44 and I am learning lots but i had to give a shout-out to my dear friend Than who brought me in, and also to Slobfest, who I saved last night. Poor short bald lil fat guy was huddled up against the wall in bld in tower region with that big ol orc on him.. when i found him there, i laughed so hard, it looked like he was shakin in his boots and took on alittle more than he could chew. It was so random and unexpected, and truly entertaining.! I enjoyed saving your *** slobfest, whoever you are, and I hope your enjoying the game as much as me ! woot! :)
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey thanks for volunteering guys, Don't let the forums get you down it can be a treacherous path to try to muck through all the repetition. I'm a founder of the north since beta weekend 1 and I plan to buy the fae pack probably mid AUG, and I consider every penny in this game well spent. I am kind of a know it all sort. but I love brainstorming and helping out. I love the game. I love the forums (Drama does = fun sometimes),And I apologize in advance if my posts get a tad wordy.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Howdy all!
  • Options
    penguinjoepenguinjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the intros mod and admin teams.
  • Options
    annieanleeannieanlee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    I need your help, I was wondering if u could put in a request for improvement of this game, don't get me wrong I love it! but... there is a problem with not being able to acess skirmishes and some quene dungeons when you get over the level. I was thinking that when i was all done leveling i could go back and do all the dungeons, but now my surprise, i cannot. That means tons of titles i missed out on. Thank god i noticed a little earlier before level 60, at least i might be able to get a couple titles. Please talk to the producers about this problem, i am sure there are others who have this same problem. And it would make my day if i could get all the titles :) My solution would be to add a separate quene for these lower skirmishes and dungeons, so that players that surpass the level by more than 5, get to go up against challenging opponents, in the same storyline and still get the title. PLZ PLZ PlZ do this, PLZ.
    - a devoted gamer
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The best thing you can do is voice your feedback in your own threads. The Devs do listen but threads discussing feedback by many players are better to them than simply hearing us relay individual claims and opinions. ;)

EDIT - You may want to check this breaking news! :D
  • Options
    geldrinhor62geldrinhor62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Welcome to all the new Mod Teams. From one Old Timer to the others....here's a hint. How many of you remember PBM gaming? (Play-by-mail) I played a fantasy PBM with a guy near my own age in the midwest (I was a 12 yr old in Yuma Az at the time) in 1974. I was also playing a game called Strat-o-matic baseball. :) (I eventually upgraded to Pursue the Pennant in 1983). My first computer was a Commodore 64C in 1987 and like a few others I saw, I played games by SSI (the Gold AD&D series games), Ultima I, Bard's Tale, The Original Might and Magic as well as one or two cartridge games like Tank Battle and Zoids.

Thanks for helping out!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! Yeah, I remember PBMs, but never got into them. Was too slow for me.. when I wanted to RP, I wanted to RP NOW! I stalked the AOHell chat rooms quite a bit, often role-playing an elven vampire who enjoyed drinking dwarven blood.... *the mage grins* Before that, I'd make my own text-based role-playing games on the Commodore... fun times, fun times indeed!
  • Options
    wruswrus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Merhaba ben t
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hello, true adventurers!

some of you may recognize me as i have been a regular contributor in the forums. i would define myself as a gamer, an avid movie enthusiast, a musician, a writer and an IT professional. i can remember playing such games as pitfall, zork and star castle... i tend to think in movie quotes... i've composed film scores for two independent films and won multiple remix competitions... i've composed many poems and i've written one novella... and i've got a background in networking/hardware/software support.

when i was introduced to neverwinter, i was blown away with the attention to detail put into this world. the combat was exciting and in-your-face. and the lore, the story lines... i was well impressed. and i couldn't believe this game was free to play. for my initial character, i picked an elven great weapons fighter. and shortly after that, i decided to support the game financially by buying the (then) founder's pack. then i bought another one for a friend. i got my gwf to level 60 before i started up my (now) main character, which is a tiefling control wizard. while i had played tabletop d&d in my past history, it had actually been a while for me... so getting back into the lore and seeing such things like the gelatinous cube come to life was a great experience.

i'm pretty excited about what neverwinter has to offer and look forward to its future.

if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me or contact me in-game @melodywhr.

thanks!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Melody is a mod now?

Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, we are all screwed

*runs away*

congrats melody
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *dun dun dun*

thank ye... thank ye...

o_O
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Poor Dardove.

It's ok, we have him on a leash and a muzzle will be applied if he bites too hard. :D

*evil laugh*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Now now, Ambi. You know that leash and muzzle is for you, no pawning it off on the new Mod!

*the mage grins*

Welcome aboard, Melodywhr, good to have you!
  • Options
    j51862j51862 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.