test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.2

Comments

• arielstarshadowarielstarshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    A good thing also, would be all items from pvp/seal vendors were bound to account. You could choose from every class gear(like pvp sets) but it would be bound to account, so you can at least use them for a new character or merge the separately bought sets on one char...

This would be wonderful - not just for gearing up alts, but also for gearing up companions. It drives me bonkers that I can't use the seals on my Rogue to buy a talisman for my panther.
  • ahsmagnetahsmagnet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kettemann wrote: »
    Might I suggest a fix to the Sort inventory function?
    dimentium9 wrote: »
    Seriously, priority #1 should be the Sort function issue - nothing else should come first.

jumping on this bandwagon!
  • lagonlinelagonline Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    guys u still sell pvp itens for gold but not to shop
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What goes on the preview server is not written in stone! PvP/GG gear may or may not be BOP in the future. For example look at the TR nerf, it has changed again:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?429441-Trickster-Rogue-Changes

I for one can't wait to try out the -35% reduction to LA just to see if it is still feasible for PVP/PVE compared to live.

Anyhow, I can see it coming: PVP quit penalty and vote kick are coming, I don't know when but they are coming.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lagonline wrote: »
    guys u still sell pvp itens for gold but not to shop

Yeah because people are going to want to buy PvP healing potions...

The PvP gear will become BoP on 22-Aug so... Yeah.. About that.
  • lagonlinelagonline Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Yeah because people are going to want to buy PvP healing potions...

The PvP gear will become BoP on 22-Aug so... Yeah.. About that.

well that i dont know about but just bought a heroic glove and not bound and can sell for gold to other players but not to npc
  • ata67ata67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Two new bug for me after the patch:
    1) [Admin] Couldn't get map names from map manager
    2) Account server connect dont start
    Thank you!
  • gamespeakgamespeak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What happened to the Lurker's Assault Black/White Effect? I didn't see any thing about it in the patch note but it's now gone??? It was one the the cool thing about that skill.
    Boss = 60 Guardian
    Mad Hatter = 60 Rogue
    Foundry "Zombie Survival - Nightmare" NW-DRBK6WNML
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can anyone confirm that the Epic savage enchants work now?
  • miahsdadmiahsdad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looks like to me they broke alot of stuff this patch instead of fixing it. Perfect Vorpal doesn't seem to be working, LA seems bugged, Skulker's is messed up. I think they tried to Ninja the TR's and fugged them up.
  • milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I usually complain (already did about inventory sorting), but I won't this time. I finally remembered to check the change to Alchemy and this is a nice step in the right direction. I really hope they go through and tweak more of the recipes for alchemy. It would be nice if it was financially viable to make my own pots.

I love that the black and white is gone from Lurker's.
  • vanqangelvanqangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since this patch I have been getting the "server not responding" error constantly, every minute or so and this makes the game unplayable. I hope this gets fixed soon.

I like the patches that are mentioned, it seems like they are reasonable fixes.

My 2 cents is I think the sort button is of little importance in my opinion, I feel that this game is well done but a bit too easy, not enough puzzles and things that made the neverwinter games great but maybe it will get there, and leveling is far to easy, not enough challenge. I really appreciate the graphics and the general evironment tho.
  • ederlandederland Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vanqangel wrote: »
    My 2 cents is I think the sort button is of little importance in my opinion, I feel that this game is well done but a bit too easy, not enough puzzles and things that made the neverwinter games great but maybe it will get there, and leveling is far to easy, not enough challenge. I really appreciate the graphics and the general evironment tho.

I agree. The sort button is a nice feature, but seriously, how much hand holding does one need to get the inventory sorted out?
    There are other and far more important issues that needs attention than some silly sort button.
    Assumptions is the mother of all f***ups
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sort button - NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Sort button - NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!

There's a sort button? Never used it.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can't sell the glory items for gold anymore ?! I can see this becoming a major issue .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • redyummiredyummi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I predict that NW will go the way of other PWI games such as Perfect World and Jade Dynasty.

I played Perfect World for two years, reached level 96 on main and lvl 60-90 on other toons. We could also create more than only two toons on the same account. I took a break for a couple of years to play other games and a few months ago I went back to Perfect World and found very few players compared to what was there before. The reason: they nerfed one of the only ways to make in-game money by grinding mobs for Dragon Quest (DQ) item that we could sell. DQ items are now worthless and of course they blame it on the Chinese bots. So instead of fixing the ability to script bots, they ruin the game for everyone else. Of course this change pushes you to the real money cash shop as less in-game money is available to buy item in the auction house or from other player shops. Sound familiar ?

I played Jade Dynasty for about a year before I finally rage deleted it. The reason, I got tired of destroying my nice gear by trying to make it better by refining it. The refine rates were so low, you had to buy a ton of items in the cash shop or from other players to refine gear. When my average level +7 gear was destroyed back to level 1, I finally had enough.

NW will not learn the lessons of the past, the primary concern is the cash shop. They will over time continue to nerf items, remove items that we can earn game money from and slowly drive the players away. It’s a shame, as I really like NW, but the greed of the developer will eventually ruin the game. Fix the bugs please....As some others have said, I'm tired of crashing in Protector's Enclave with better than minimum computer specs.

And yes, I have spent real money on these games, both Perfect World and Jade Dynasty. But I would rather pay a small monthly fee to play then be limited to small number of inventory/bank slots, that are totally insufficient to hold all the items you pick up or want to save.

The best on-line game I’ve played was Guild Wars for five years. Bought the game box to start and some extra character slots to enjoy all the classes. I’m think of going back to it, but most players have also moved on….
  • amarystaeamarystae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is really great and a step in the right direction, but are we going to see any bug fixes here any time soon? How about some real new content besides additions to the Zen market? I get you guys need to make your cut, and I don't mind it, but a lot of us have been playing since beta-beta, and we are still dealing with the same hang-ups since then, the same bugs, the same PVP maps, the same really disappointing GG, etc. and all we keep seeing is new <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for the Zen market, prices going up for enchantments because there is nothing else out there, and new content that isn't even out yet with the expectation that we drop 60 bucks on it before we even get a real preview. For a moon elf and a unicorn?

Now, I am not flaming, I'm not snappin out, I am just honestly curious. Other Cryptic games aren't like this at all. Are we going to see any follow through of these promises we have seen? Like combined shards, new paragons, new races, bug fixes, I dunno maybe make the AH actually usable without pulling my hair out, things that should've been handled before the 38 updated Zen market patches? We have a PvP tournament going on on Mindflayer, and we are having trouble keeping it together with only 13 teams, as people are just leaving game left and right. Accounts are selling like hotcakes, one day you have a top level PvPer friend, the next someone that doesn't know you or speak English on the same account. Everyone seems to be just getting tired of the nickle and dime game and the same old content and bugs. People can't even get a response to their legitimate help requests. I realize you are inendated with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> questions like, where is the mailbox, but people like me haven't been able to see scores since beta-beta, as they just fly off the screen. Legitimate problems that we just can't get help with.

I am asking on behalf of my guild and many, many other players, please, take some time in development to fix some bugs, release some content, or you are going to have to start counting all those spam-blocked gold farmers as current accounts to keep that 2 million mark, as I said before, its just hard enough to keep a small PVP tourney together.

Thanks guys.
  • amarystaeamarystae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, this is going to be my last shot at Cryptic as well. I had very high hopes for Neverwinter. Have been a D&D nut for over 20 years. They are breaking my heart. If they don't pull it together here in the next month or two, it's gonna be my last go with PWI and Cryptic. Just breaks my heart. Was terrified when I first learned that Neverwinter was going to be a F2P model. Completely ruined.
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    Save your words lads, they don't care.

The only wake up call for them would be if you all stop waste real money on this good-game-went-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-with-every-update, then they will notice something is not right. Until they see an income, they won't care.

Open your eyes finally, all they care about is money. They don't care about your suggestions, ideas, nothing. If they would, they wouldn't introduce redundant stuff, they would fix serious issues instead. If they'd listen to what the majority says, they would improve but hell no!

No mount in the world is worth christless amounts of money like they request of you. Stupid stuff like character slots are paid. Inventory slots, each single square in your inventory worth 1 EURO? Not in the universe!

THEY DO NOT CARE.

2 million unique users, take it if "only" 25% of them paid let's say 100 EURO (and there are many who paid for a founder pack, so that's in my conversion 150 EURO), how much is that? I've talked to people in-game who told me they wasted 400$ on this game!

No expansion pack is worth 200$! Imagine how many games you can buy for that money! You can run into the closest store and buy at least 5 games for that amount, not invest 200$ for a spider? For a race that is utterly useless? For what, a mask? People who've purchased that can't be sane.

Cryptic bath in money, yet they don't have enough. Greed has always been mankind's defining attribute.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They are actually fixing some issues but the problem in my opinion is that they arent do it well.

IN MY OPINION what should always fix first is class bugs (animations, worng effetc powers/feats, ect...) and gear bugs. Why? Because people want to chosse they build without wondering if it rly works lol that should NEVER HAPPEN in any game... Thats the most terrible bug a game can have IMO. (im not talking about class balance, i talking about broken classes)

2nd priority for me should be dungeons exploits, why ? because it screw up all economy... some T2 gear are ridiculous cheap in AH because people can just "farm" the instance where it drops. And to be honest i bet cryptic is aware of all dungeons exploits and dont make it top priority... they rather prefer to change profession tasks names..... :/ (if cryptic rly dont know the exploits i will happy to share all the ones i know). And with lower prize on epic gear i think the zen sales will be lower aswell.

For me that's the top priority cryptic should apply when making fixes for the game.
  • chaserx26chaserx26 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Open your eyes finally, all they care about is money.

QFT

/10char
  • lisaranawaylisaranaway Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The issue with the pvp/Grym coins is greed on the part of PWE. If you have gold, I would suggest you hang on to it. The value of it is about to skyrocket. This change doesn't hurt just the die-hard PvPers like me. It hurts the PvErs who came in each day for their AD quests and their ability to trade their glory in for gold to buy potions and injury kits.

Bots won't disappear. They will just be reprogrammed to do something else. It's a small chore and their users will keep right on using them. They don't have to have patience, and their toons don't have to have good gear. But bots really aren't the issue. However, real players have wallets, and are impatient. They will spend their money to satisfy that impatience, but only for so long. And that patience timer for me is ...just...about...up.

I understand making a respectable profit for a quality product. I don't understand ripping people off with promises of quality content, and never delivering on that promise. What happened to game developers who were proud to stand behind their creative work?

I would have paid for the original game at retail, and I would have paid a monthly subscription to play. I will when Elder Scrolls Online comes out.
    edited August 2013
    Save your words lads, they don't care.

The only wake up call for them would be if you all stop waste real money on this good-game-went-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-with-every-update, then they will notice something is not right. Until they see an income, they won't care.

Open your eyes finally, all they care about is money. They don't care about your suggestions, ideas, nothing. If they would, they wouldn't introduce redundant stuff, they would fix serious issues instead. If they'd listen to what the majority says, they would improve but hell no!

I intended to take your advice my aussie friend and just keep my mouth shut, but your words moved me and made me realize a few things. It doesn't matter at this point if we stop buying things, and I have been a total fool. I let my love for what this title used to be so long ago blind me to what it has become. They have no intention of following through with anything, just as they have no intention of reading any of this.

The reason they have developed this as they have is they don't expect it to last at all. That's why they have forgone all of the promises they have made to us all in the past, and instead are pushing everything Zen. As well as making PvP and GG items worth nothing, etc. Their economic strategists that put the numbers together for their "2 million strong" video, put a report together for PWE alright. Only it had nothing to do with 2 million accounts.

It said, wring these idiots for everything you can as quickly as you can, because this model is doomed to failure. This game isn't built for D&D enthusiasts, by D&D enthusiasts. It's built by get rich quick scam artists and economists, and we have all been taken for the proverbial ride. I just feel so stupid that I didn't see it earlier. Well, you squeesed about 200 bucks out of me, and I learned my lesson about the f2p model. Thanks PWE for ruining yet again my most favorite memories of D&D.
  • kudzilkudzil Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seriously not being able to sell glory items for gold? C'mon you had to play a lot of PVP to make even 10 gp. I would hardly call it "gold mining". What is glory good for after a certain point, basically you could sell items at AH or sell for gold. If there's no circulation paths between currency types its more than a little frustrating. There should be some meaningful reward for success in PVP beyond an initial set of equipment. I think perhaps this move was over-thought and over-zealous.
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    all they care about is money. They don't care about your suggestions, ideas, nothing. [...] No mount in the world is worth christless amounts of money like they request of you. [...] I've talked to people in-game who told me they wasted 400$ on this game! No expansion pack is worth 200$! Imagine how many games you can buy for that money! You can run into the closest store and buy at least 5 games for that amount, not invest 200$ for a spider? For a race that is utterly useless? For what, a mask? People who've purchased that can't be sane. Cryptic bath in money, yet they don't have enough. Greed has always been mankind's defining attribute.

Point 1: All Cryptic cares about is money
    Rebuttal: Cryptic and PWE are companies that employ people to make a product. In the end, making money is the only thing that allows them to stay in business. Every for-profit company that exists in the entire world cares about making enough money to not only stay in business, but make a profit. There's nothing evil about that. There are certainly evil ways to go about making profit, but I don't see any of that here. We are being told up front (A) How much things cost, (B) what exactly we're getting, and (C) how to obtain free/lower-end versions of said items. You never have to spend a single penny to play the game, that's pretty generous! But there has to be an influx of money somewhere so they can keep the lights on, let alone continue development

Point 2: [x item] is not worth [what they're charging].
    Rebuttal: These items may not be worth it to you, but obviously they're worth it to other people, given the number of zen-bought purple items I see running around the game. And I think it's rather rude (not to mention ignorant) to intimate that anyone who spends money above a certain threshold on this game must be sick or insane. I could have gone out and bought 20 console games for what I've pumped into PWE (spread out over NW, CO, and I may eventually filter some into STO). But you know what? I don't want to play console games. I have a mint condition SNES, a game cube, PS2 and PS3, and plenty of games, and they get very little use from me. Whereas the money I've spent in Neverwinter has seen far more use and provided far more entertainment to me than 60 new console games would provide. I work hard so that I have the disposable income available, and I have the right to spend it on whatever I please, thank you very much.
    qtPt2I
    edited August 2013
    amarystae wrote: »
    Well, you squeesed about 200 bucks out of me, and I learned my lesson about the f2p model. Thanks PWE for ruining yet again my most favorite memories of D&D.

You should feel lucky that is all you spent and I hope you got your monies worth. I have known people playing Perfect World that spent in excess of $1,000 in the game. Just the Herc pet would cost well over $300 for the pet and accessories. Many people that play these types of games want the best weapon, the best armor at any cost and want it now, just the culture of excess we now live in. Yes, if you have earned it you can spend it, but I can think of far better things to waste money on than a game that I might play for a couple years or months or less. I have also spend a modest amount of money on various PWI games. What chaffs me the most is the developers ability to turn out cash shop items every few days, but bugs and exploits/issues in the game are not fixed for months, if ever, and promises of new content is not kept, delayed, or reduced.

My 2 cents
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    redyummi wrote: »
    I have known people playing Perfect World that spent in excess of $1,000 in the game. [...] Many people that play these types of games want the best weapon, the best armor at any cost and want it now, just the culture of excess we now live in.

As someone who has spent in excess of $1000 USD, please allow me the right to posit my opinion.

I can't speak for others, though I agree there are probably people who want to "pay to win". But let's keep in mind there are some of us that want to "Pay to Dire Wolf", "Pay to Armored Spider", and "Pay to have All The Things" because we like collecting stuff that amuses us. Yes, there are some people who expect to gain some upper hand (though I seriously wonder how they expect to do so with mounts and companions), and some of us want to pay because We Like The Stuff.

As far as I'm aware, there's no way to pay money to gain an upper hand in this game. Okay, maybe you can turn Zen into AD and buy armor on the Action House, but you could also just run dungeons to get that armor yourself. As far as I can tell, this game is "Pay to Convenience" or "Pay for Nifty Prestige Items", not "Pay to Win". As someone who has spent an enormous amount of money on this game, I am probably less apt at winning than many free players who ground out purple gear. (I admit it, I am TEH SUCK at PvP, and probably not terribly awesome at PvE either.) Which one of us do you think had more fun, and is more satisfied with their investment? I for one don't feel the need to plaster other players against a wall to prove my self worth; instead I continue solo-quests (or perhaps have guild company) that doesn't base their self worth on how high their glory score reaches. Instead my goal, and that of my friends, is to have fun. Some of us do that without spending any money what so ever, whereas some of us have disposable income to spare.

Given that I work in a corporate environment, I realize I might be privilege to life experiences that others might not, so please let me share: People who work for a large company generally do what they are told to do. That company may give leeway for innovation or it might not, but in general (A) deadlines are hard to meet, (B) there will be bugs, and (C) there will be people who complain about what you do, no matter how hard you try to please them. The company must go on in a direction that they think is best for the company. If you disagree, give CONSTRUCTIVE feedback OR by all means, LEAVE. And don't let the door hit your rear end on the way out. Now, lest that be construed as a plea for acquiescence let me waylay your worries: It's a game. If you're not happy, go. But it's short sighted to assume that just because you're not happy, NO ONE ELSE CAN BE HAPPY OR IF THEY ARE THEY ARE STUPID AND OPPRESSED. Maybe this game is just not for you?

Some of us are enjoying the game, and feel the developers are doing their damndest to keep us happy. If you disagree, by all means, LEAVE. There are something like two million of us who are actually having fun, and wish you all the best. Bye! (And can I have your stuff?)

Amazingly, the companies which are run by smart people try to cater to the people who are actually willing to spend money on the product, rather than the people who feel they deserve to be treated as Kings without spending a penny. Not saying that it's not a good idea for F2P businesses to find out what makes their free players tick, but let's face it, it's those of us who are willing to spend money that keep these companies in business. And as someone who has spent money, I am VERY HAPPY with the game so far, even if I see room for improvement. (Hello Side Kick and Casual Quest Entry?) But, as someone who has invested heavily, I'm not ready to declare NW a failure. If you are, PLEASE LEAVE. No hard feelings, but I don't need your non-constructive negativity taking up space in my valuable feedback forum. Thanks.
    qtPt2I
  • reznoratereznorate Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kwsapphire~
    BRAVO!
    Rez
    edited August 2013
    The fanboys have spoken, we must all leave the game because we want bugs fixed and won't spend a fortune on the game...

The game devs count on these fanboys and LOL all the way to the bank...

As far as disposable income goes, I probably have ten times the net worth of the fanboys and have been retired for 12 years. But paying $1000s of dollars to play a game is kind of sad, considering all the great charities that need help like Wounded Warriors, Disabled American Veterans, etc. and the same for charities in other countries. I make more than a fair share of contributions to worthwhile causes and don't need a fanboy to tell me to stop playing a game. Time to look in a mirror to take assessment of your lives, there are so many things so much more important. And my grandson, sitting here at my other computer next to me agrees.

Like I said, the culture of excesses we now live in, so sad....
This discussion has been closed.