What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.2

12346»

Comments

• hubcityhubcity Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    redyummi wrote: »
    The fanboys have spoken, we must all leave the game because we want bugs fixed and won't spend a fortune on the game...

The game devs count on these fanboys and LOL all the way to the bank...

As far as disposable income goes, I probably have ten times the net worth of the fanboys and have been retired for 12 years. But paying $1000s of dollars to play a game is kind of sad, considering all the great charities that need help like Wounded Warriors, Disabled American Veterans, etc. and the same for charities in other countries. I make more than a fair share of contributions to worthwhile causes and don't need a fanboy to tell me to stop playing a game. Time to look in a mirror to take assessment of your lives, there are so many things so much more important. And my grandson, sitting here at my other computer next to me agrees.

Like I said, the culture of excesses we now live in, so sad....

OMG !!! How great it would be to have one of my grandparents play an online game with me. I can't even get my dad to play. You are so right 'red', I'm so glad there are people like you out there.

Have a Great day and hope to meet you in the game. :):)
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The fanboys have spoken, we must all leave the game because we want bugs fixed and won't spend a fortune on the game...

As far as disposable income goes, I probably have ten times the net worth of the fanboys and have been retired for 12 years. But paying $1000s of dollars to play a game is kind of sad, considering all the great charities that need help like Wounded Warriors, Disabled American Veterans, etc. and the same for charities in other countries. I make more than a fair share of contributions to worthwhile causes and don't need a fanboy to tell me to stop playing a game. Time to look in a mirror to take assessment of your lives, there are so many things so much more important. And my grandson, sitting here at my other computer next to me agrees.

Like I said, the culture of excesses we now live in, so sad....

Just a little clarity...
    - I asked people to keep it constructive or keep it off the forums. Asking for bug fixes, providing feedback, and giving constructive criticism are great for the game. Whining about how the game is stupid and they're leaving is not helpful in any way, so I wished them a fond farewell.
    - I'm not sure where you get the assumption that because I spend money on this game, I can't possibly spend money on charity. That's something of a mental leap that is, by the way, false.
    - And again, just because you don't think the game is worth spending $1000 on, doesn't mean other people are dumb/fanboys/gullible for thinking so. You are entitled to your opinion, and you're welcome to spend your Amazing Net Worth That Puts Us All To Shame on whatever you want. PWE and Cryptic can LOL all the way to the bank as I LOL all over the game. I think it's a mutual LOLing.
    - In my opinion, nothing is more important in life than being happy. This game helps contribute a lot to my happiness, and doesn't hurt the rights of others to be happy in their own way. Who are you to decide what my spending limit is, or how I feel about the game? Oh wait, nobody. Congratulations on being retired and Richer Than All Of Us, but that doesn't make you my decision maker.
    qtPt2I
  • redyummiredyummi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    - I asked people to keep it constructive or keep it off the forums. Asking for bug fixes, providing feedback, and giving constructive criticism are great for the game.

Wow, so now you are a forum moderator? I think more like a paid forum troll for PWI. I have seen your posting all over the various forums always defending the cash shop and never defending posters that simply want bugs fixed. I can see its pointless for anyone to respond to your rants.
    hubcity wrote: »
    Have a Great day and hope to meet you in the game. :):)

Thanks hubcity, appreciate the comment and you have a Great Day too !
    edited August 2013
    Wow, so now you are a forum moderator? I think more like a paid forum troll for PWI. I have seen your posting all over the various forums always defending the cash shop and never defending posters that simply want bugs fixed. I can see its pointless for anyone to respond to your rants.

I'm as much of a moderator as you are my financial counselor, and they're not rants. You're entitled to your opinion and I am to mine, as much as you seem to hate that idea. To each his own! Take care not to fall off that high horse of yours, it hurts when you hit the ground.

(Is there really no way to /ignore users or am I just missing it?)
    qtPt2I
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013

As far as disposable income goes, I probably have ten times the net worth of the fanboys and have been retired for 12 years.

People who make these kind of statements on internet forums make me LOLOL! all the way to the (hilarity) bank xD
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    People who make these kind of statements on internet forums make me LOLOL! all the way to the (hilarity) bank xD

In defense of 'redyummi' it was 'kwsapphire' that first mentioned his huge disposable income to spend, but I noticed he edited that post and removed it. But then he thinks he owns this forum, based on his various comments. Yes, it would be nice to /ignore certain people that post garbage in these forums.
    edited August 2013
    hubcity wrote: »
    In defense of 'redyummi' it was 'kwsapphire' that first mentioned his huge disposable income to spend, but I noticed he edited that post and removed it. But then he thinks he owns this forum, based on his various comments. Yes, it would be nice to /ignore certain people that post garbage in these forums.

I never mentioned a huge disposable income. I said I have /a/ disposable income and I enjoy spending some of that income on this game. I've edited a few posts for clarity but I haven't removed anything. And as a side note, "She."
    qtPt2I
    edited August 2013
    I never mentioned a huge disposable income. I said I have /a/ disposable income and I enjoy spending some of that income on this game. I've edited a few posts for clarity but I haven't removed anything. And as a side note, "She."

My bad....if I had misread it before it was edited.
  • hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    (Is there really no way to /ignore users or am I just missing it?)

You're just missing it.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Glory/GG not sellable for gold is as good a cure for bots as a bullet to the head is for cancer.
    edited August 2013
    hobokenboy wrote: »
    You're just missing it.

Ah, found it. Thanks!
    qtPt2I
  • vaashievaashie Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So it's over a week when this patch have broken all the 4-set armor bonuses by removing/changing any of the pieces. PWE, I suggest you atleast writing some sort of warning to all players, seeing your severe lack of internal testing when the bug of this scale goes to live...
  • lisaranawaylisaranaway Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't worry Peeps. Soon the elitists among us will have their kingdom all to themselves, but unlike real-world kingdoms of the past, we aren't chained to their snippy, mincing, superior, forward-facing rear-ends. Unfortunately, we can't depend on them staying here, after they have no one to lord their superiority over. I would donate money just to never have to read another post from some who obviously have no life and all the time in the world to tell everyone they are right and others are just poor peasants.
  • imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So how come you didn't mention the change in animation and icon buff for Lurker's Assault in the patch notes? When you change something so obvious (from black and white to no video change) you would think it would be worth mentioning. Or was it a case of an cross contamination from the preview code which begs another question.
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    Also, thanks for informing us of the DRASTIC nerf in rother valley nodes (and all other nodes in general, though not so bad.)
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    rathma86 wrote: »
    Also, thanks for informing us of the DRASTIC nerf in rother valley nodes (and all other nodes in general, though not so bad.)

I must admit i have noticed a considerable change in node drops this past week, i used to run around Rothe vally, Mount Hotenow quite alot for nodes looking for enchants for my own personal use for once i can not blame it on BoTs, the nodes are there but there contents are very different.

It does not suprise me if they have been nerfed down, but like you say there is nothing in the patch notes, which again does not suprise me at all, the game is getting harder and harder every week to build up characters, gear , enchants etc etc because even though there is nothing in patch notes we all know anything and everything that you could farm for previously, enchants, AD from leadership etc etc is slowly but very surely being nerfed down to near impossible to do anymore.

The game is getting more and more p2w with every passing week, that is for sure. The game is f2p if you just want to lvl up charcters but not get anywere after hitting cap.

Every LFM in zone chat these days always askes for a min ilvl, usualy 10k+, most even specificaly ask for people with stone or cat and exsperience, which means 80% of players can not even get in a pug group these days.

I gave up on dungeons ages ago, most of my guild quit the game weeks ago. out of a guild with over 400 members most of the time i am the only 1 online, and pugs are a joke, most do not even finish runs, people leave all the time, and you can not invite new people, most want to run 'short' cuts, if you dont know them you get kicked.
    I have even exsperienced groups in chat that get a group together, usualy set up by 2 friends, they do the run and iether just before last boss or seconds after it is killed they kick everyone from the group, so they have all the loot for themsleves.

Its a shame as when the game went public is was awesome and had so much potential, but since 'live' launch its deffinatly changed direction, although technically it is f2p in reality it is very far from it.

As for the weekly patches and so called 'fix's' they have just gone beyond a joke now, very very rarely does anything actually get fixed at all, more usualy more ends up broken, i'm still waiting for feats and abiltys to be fixed from beta that never worked or not as intended.

i have played quit abit of content on the preview shard and to be totaly honest there is nothing realy to look forward to at all.
    I love the game but it is a long way from what it was exspected to progress into, if anything it as gone backwards, all that is keeping it going is the hardcore farmers, bots and new 'green' players. i have already gome back to my previous game , at least i know were i stand there, this game is just too unpredictable, nothing ever gets officialy stated concerning anything in the game thats is actually correct.
  • epicin1epicin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nope nope game is great
    It's the people that make it worthwhile
    If you have no fun in playing it then don't play it
This discussion has been closed.