Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.2

Comments

• Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    With the upcoming changes in the major patch with Glory / Grym Coins items being BoP & now unable to be sold for GOLD. How are PvP players going to make AD & Gold outside of leadership?

Some of us ONLY enjoy PvP and a change like this makes it near impossible to farm AD or Gold to purchase enchants off AH.

Please tell us why you would do this?

Thanks,

I'll make a prediction.

You'll soon be able to buy Gold in the Sen-Store.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    • Items purchased for Glory or Grym Coins can no longer be sold for Gold.

facepalm.jpeg
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope the 'efficient' aqua vitae is actually time efficient. The batch tasks are so horribly inefficient time wise that if you just do 1 an hour (which takes 10 mins for the task to complete) you make more of what you want than waiting 6 hours. They are only (slightly more) gold efficient too, in the other professions they also use more resources (apart from the one that costs gold), although it does grant more xp, that isn't efficient either. I could maybe see incentivising being more active should yield more rewards, maybe, but they're not even close to being worth it unless you really can't spend a min every hour to do so, such as when sleeping.
    Edit: Well apparently it is actually decent :D

But yeah, the fact that you can't sell pvp items sucks, and that you're going to bind them... I've managed to transfer 1 1/2 worth of gear I've earned in gg to my characters when they reach level 60 and earned it. Funnily enough multiple runs of the t1 dungeon is the only method to actually get decent coin income, and they'll likely block the path to do it as much. If you go straight in for the t2 dungeon, you run into these issues:
    1) Hope that your team can actually do it. I've had a lot of trouble finding a team that doesn't just die.
    2) Get similar coinage to the t1 dungeon, since the t1 takes less, you can do more than one of them, exploit path or not.
    3) Get 1/5 chance to get t2 gear, that's it. All that effort in trying to get a team that can beat it, and you may only get a t2 item and coins that you are almost guaranteed to get for the t1 dungeon...
    /rant :D
  • Options
    hifixhifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Items purchased for Glory or Grym Coins can no longer be sold for Gold.

Just delete PvP in this game and delete whole game. Game whit no PvP = dead game.
  • Options
    felixp14felixp14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    new class please
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Items purchased for Glory or Grym Coins can no longer be sold for Gold.

So why did you do this? Is this your only solution to botters in pvp ? Do you know how many legit players will be affected by this also ?

Its bad enough to not have time for DD, now you want us to make time for farming.

Being able to sell items from my glory points is also one of the things that motivate me to play pvp, not to mention get better and that means better items. In other words investing in one's toon.

You still have no fixes for the bugs the other patch did or did not do.... the bags are still not sorted. Dungeons like karundax has not been revised.
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good job on the enchants fix! Then again, where does it say the PvP items will be BoP? I know the big list of upcoming fixes from the preview shard has it listed, but this doesn't indicate it (not that it would be a good change).

And I don't even know what the bug is with the sort button...
  • Options
    foosoofoosoo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I cant sell glory for gold?... What a stupid thing to do, that's how I get most of my gold to fund my dungeons. Why would you do that and have you even asked if this is what people want? Bound items suck I can assure you nobody likes to get stuck with items. So now I guess all my time spent in pvp is effectively inefficient wasted time??? like all I am going to get from it is bound items It infuriates me when developers are this stupid.
  • Options
    davaryondavaryon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wouldnt mind if the bug with knights valor where it cannot be activated (that has been around for months) was fixed :)
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yes the Sort inventory button was the best feature in this game that actually worked. Now its broke and that makes us just look at everything else that is broke.
  • Options
    ata67ata67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What should i do with glory now? No sence in glory -> no sence in pvp -> no sence in dungeon farmin -> no sence in this game.
    One and a half million players send you the rays of goodness
  • Options
    powamothapowamotha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bye Bye PVP, almost BYE BYE Neverwinter....devs cant be this lousy...unbelievable...looks like u devs dont want our money, dont u want we play your game?
  • Options
    aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2013
    As with every recent patch, I'm rather concerned to find out what gets accidentally broken while other things get fixed. It seems to be a theme so far.

And let me join the crowd of people who would like to see a fix to the sorting function (a bug introduced by one of these minor patches, after all) and who are tired of painful lags in Protector's Enclave (you could easily reduce the number of people allowed per instance or make it so that you don't always zone in at the same gate).
    [*]Fixed some enchantments and items not giving their proper stat bonuses.

Could it be? This has become a running joke, so forgive my disbelief.
    [*]Items purchased for Glory or Grym Coins can no longer be sold for Gold.

One of these awful changes that I see no logic or good reasoning behind. And from what I can tell, no one else does.

So what does this achieve besides punishing PvP'ers and people doing Gauntlgrym by taking one source of gold income away from them? I won't buy any "waging a war with bots" justifications, because punishing normal players is not the right way to go.
    [*]All types of Identification Scrolls will now be sellable on the Auction House.

Huh. They've been for a while now? Since a stealth fix made scrolls appear on the AH again. So I hope this is just a lost patch note and no one is meddling with it again.
    [*]Alchemists have discovered a new more efficient way to make Aqua Vitae. Check your Rank 8 Alchemy tasks.

Interesting. But I also recall one of these minor patches promising a solvent as a reward for some of the lower rank tasks, and that seems to have never gotten through. Or is there just a display bug in effect?

All in all, if not for the dumb Glory/Grym Coins item change this could be a decent minor patch. Even with its lack of fixes for sorting and lags.
  • Options
    arielstarshadowarielstarshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I confess to being very disappointed that patch after patch, I see nothing about actually preventing exploiters and cheaters. You can't find honest groups in the queue to run epic dungeons or Gauntlgrym - everyone wants to exploit. Why is it that people are still able to exploit epic dungeons and skip most of the mobs and content? Why hasn't this been fixed, and the exploiters punished? Invisible walls barring passage would quickly and easily solve this problem. Why is it that every single GG match, I still see the same people calling for coin farming runs through T1 Fardelver? Why haven't these people been punished and removed from the game? It can't be that hard to look at the data and pinpoint those who have been running dungeons and GG in far below average time. Someone who is starting and completing an epic dungeon or GG in 10 minutes is obviously exploiting. It is this sort of behavior that is ruining the game, and which you really need to focus on preventing and punishing.
  • Options
    arielstarshadowarielstarshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aesandil wrote: »
    One of these awful changes that I see no logic or good reasoning behind. And from what I can tell, no one else does.

So what does this achieve besides punishing PvP'ers and people doing Gauntlgrym by taking one source of gold income away from them? I won't buy any "waging a war with bots" justifications, because punishing normal players is not the right way to go.

Sadly, this one does make sense - they are hoping this will deter people from exploiting PvP and GG (concluding that if people can't farm stuff and sell it, they will stop farming). But it does nothing to actually punish the ones who've been doing it for weeks, who have already benefitted from their cheating and poor behavior.

ETA: And, incidentally, if somehow, folks are still able to sell things on the AH for AD, then this won't even stop the exploiters at all - they'll just stop spamming the PE Zone chat and toss everything onto the AH.
  • Options
    r1ghteousgr1ghteousg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This build is set to go live at 7AM PDT on Thursday, August 1, 2013.

[/LIST]

well seen as you're taking the ability for me to get gold from pvp which is all i play i hate pve so you going to add pvp enchantments for glory and gems to balance the fact that we should be able to play what we want without the NEED to pve for pvp gear :S
  • Options
    thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    I think you mean bit more harder... I don't remember spiders being so brutal right at the start I was able to make it to the first boss but dayum did they added more mobs or what...

Oops sorry. Right you are. No idea what that "less" is doing there.
    metaplexus wrote: »
    Good job on the enchants fix! Then again, where does it say the PvP items will be BoP? I know the big list of upcoming fixes from the preview shard has it listed, but this doesn't indicate it (not that it would be a good change).

That's a good point by the way. I think the discussion on the test shard and everything has screwed with out minds.
  • Options
    wasd007wasd007 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I will not sell to NPC
    It does not say anywhere it will not sell in the AH
    I wrong?
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why not fix Gateway so you can post things on auction house again? Four bugs fixed but this major one not?
  • Options
    toxicface187toxicface187 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Baddest patch ever !!
    And why did Zen cost so much like 50$ for a mount ??
    Let's go play another game guyz !!
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i have a suggestion... when you plan on things like bringing back the ability to salvage epic gear, why not wait until that is in place before beginning to nerf the things you can do with said items (bind on pickup, can't sell to trash merch, etc).

also, please fix the sort problem.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't say that Sort is the priority either, I'd say that the new classes that they were supposedly working on in the closed press beta that were to be released "shortly after launch" should be the priority. Still waiting on the ranged ranger.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't do PvP (and in fact I think the game would be better without it) so the glory change does not affect me personally, but what I am wondering about is the effect this will have on PvP bots....it seems to me that the idea behind this change is to make PvP botting unprofitable, thus (prewsumably) killing it.

Is that going to work? What do those who really enjou PvP think ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    bigbadbieberbigbadbieber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You guys literally have no idea what you are doing, do you?
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    (Many) Campfires not healing injuries still makes me very sad
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Due to being such a horrible idea, I feel the need to add my voice to the masses.

This glory/grym "fix" is only going to screw the legit players and just bad policy. Its bad enough that Epic dungeon mobs drop 8 copper instead of 8 silver...
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So just when are you going to allow us to level our allies past 15? Hmmm? Not like you couldn't code it in an hour and put it in with a patch...
    Kelvar Lo'Zakven, 70 Drow Elf Ranger

"Don't underestimate your foe. If you do, you're probably dead." - Kelvar, to Torrence the Strong
  • Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    I don't do PvP (and in fact I think the game would be better without it) so the glory change does not affect me personally, but what I am wondering about is the effect this will have on PvP bots....it seems to me that the idea behind this change is to make PvP botting unprofitable, thus (prewsumably) killing it.

Is that going to work? What do those who really enjou PvP think ?

I think that the source of gold, that allowed people to buy healing pots to run dungeons with, has just been cut off. Enjoy your 2 copper drops off mobs. Add the upcoming BOP for glory gear and you just made the PVP in this game straight pointless.

edit: I wonder how many people will turn to goldsellers now, when their only legit source of gold (vendoring greens and mob drops are a joke) has just disappeared. Makes me laugh.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    bigbadbieberbigbadbieber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    there has to be like 1-2 (misguided) people MAX working on patches there
    you guys realzie there is no incentive to do pvp now...right?
    You can't get gold or AD now for better pots/gear to do high level dungeons
    people will literally stop playing because of this
    and to think I almost accidently bought a points card yesterday while I was at EB Games LMAO
  • Options
    georgewild00georgewild00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    im srtarting to regret investing money in this game
    with every patch seems like they are just frustrating more and more people
    1 good fix comes along with 3-4 stupid things attached
This discussion has been closed.