test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.2

Comments

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    there has to be like 1-2 (misguided) people MAX working on patches there
    you guys realzie there is no incentive to do pvp now...right?
    You can't get gold or AD now for better pots/gear to do high level dungeons
    people will literally stop playing because of this
    and to think I almost accidently bought a points card yesterday while I was at EB Games LMAO
    im srtarting to regret investing money in this game
    with every patch seems like they are just frustrating more and more people
    1 good fix comes along with 3-4 stupid things attached

Short sighted and narrow minded.

Certainly preventing the PvP of becoming a gold farming will help to reduce the amount of bots we have in PvP. I personally play PvP for getting top score and have a chance to get a blue belt as a reward.
  • amorraamorra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xariama wrote: »
    So just when are you going to allow us to level our allies past 15? Hmmm? Not like you couldn't code it in an hour and put it in with a patch...
    1. This is coming with the next expansion/module. 2. If you think it would only take an hour to 'code and put it in' then apply for a job with them so you can get this game nice and polished with in a week.

There is nothing more annoying that someone who thinks coding is easy as write it up and snip it in. It is just a little more complicated than that. Especially when adding new code to old code. (If you want
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't say that Sort is the priority either, I'd say that the new classes that they were supposedly working on in the closed press beta that were to be released "shortly after launch" should be the priority. Still waiting on the ranged ranger.

Wait longer. In a recent interview they said it would probably near towards the end of the year if I remember correctly.
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Y'all need a name filter on the character creation screen to stop websites i.e (www.*******.com@whatever) being used as a character name. This will reduce the number of SPAM messages from these folks in Zone chat. A huge annoyance.
    Craptic is known for their lack of Spam Filters and Character Name Filters. Just look at Zone chat on any day.

It's not like Spam Filters are new, they just don't use them.

They have a tiny name filter, but as a casual glance in game would show, it doesn't work very well.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    How about fixing the FIOS lag issue? It's been nearly a month of lag now. You think this should be addressed?
    What FiOS lag issue?

I have FiOS (50/35) and I get no lag at all.

It has to be on your end. Or there are a lot of people not allowing the game to open router ports on its own.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • cgkegarocgkegaro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am not one for complaining about patches on forums, but I had to put in my 2 cents on this one.

Not being able to sell items obtained with Glory or Grym coins is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. You are effectively restricting the functionality and the ability of legitimate players to properly obtain in game currency. I am not a huge PvP player, but I do run GG whenever I am on and the events for it are up. With this patch you are effectively punishing your actual player base to try and prevent botting? Was this the first idea that came up to try and resolve it and everyone just said, "yea, lets go with that!".

You are boasting about your 2 million account player base, and yet you have decided to alienate about 75 to 80% of that player base with this patch. There are far more crippling flaws with this game that need to be addressed first and foremost rather then spending your time, and killing our enjoyment of the game, trying to minimize the botting issue because we all know that it will never be completely eliminated no matter what steps you take to squash it.

I have been playing this game since prior to release, and with each patch you are making it harder and harder to return to the game. With your constant nerfing of classes, removing features, limiting players, and so on, and yet you are constantly asking them to PAY MORE! I know and understand that you are in this business to make money, but your product needs to match or even exceed the cost you are asking people to pay for it and right now that just isn't there. It starts to grind on me as a player and I am sure it is grinding on the community as a whole, though I do not wish to speak for them all, but I am sure that it is happening, you merely need to read your own forums to see that.

/end rant
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    there has to be like 1-2 (misguided) people MAX working on patches there
    you guys realzie there is no incentive to do pvp now...right?
    You can't get gold or AD now for better pots/gear to do high level dungeons
    people will literally stop playing because of this
    and to think I almost accidently bought a points card yesterday while I was at EB Games LMAO
    sominator wrote: »
    This build is set to go live at 7AM PDT on Thursday, August 1, 2013.

Systems and Items
    • Fixed some enchantments and items not giving their proper stat bonuses.
    • Items purchased for Glory or Grym Coins can no longer be sold for Gold.
    • All types of Identification Scrolls will now be sellable on the Auction House.

I don't see any problems in this patch's Note.

You can no longer sell PvP gear for gold. However, you can post it in the AH for AD. As for the patch note on the preview section, those effects may or may not happen, we have already seen two patch ideas either scrapped or delayed. I'm sure they have some sort of community head looking at the forums response to the potential changes before anything is finalized.

If anything, I think the price of PVP gear on the AH will go down since it will now be a narrow market. Eventually, it won't be worth it to sell PVP gear for AD. Unfortunately, this won't get rid of the automated users until PvP potions no longer sell for gold and instead return the glory invested.
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another thing that needs patching:

Surveys for earning Zen.

I've done tons surveys this week and only 5 of them have paid out any Zen upon completion. Sure, I get the junk mail from taking those surveys, but I never get the promised rewards for a vast majority of the ones qualified for, taken and completed. This is complete and utter BS and needs to be looked in to.

Yes, I only take the surveys which say they take an hour or less to send the Zen. Surveys completed on Saturday which said they'd take an hour to reward the Zen have never rewarded.

They make money off of my personal information. They happily take my personal information. They absolutely enjoy spamming my inbox with trash emails about terrible services and products. Yet, they never make the reward payouts.

Each patch (just talking about patches now, not comparing) is worse than the patch before it. It's a vicious cycle where the devs ask for our feedback over and over again, yet totally ignore our feedback and never patch critical issues unless it affects the company's cash earnings. Well... your cash earning will be moot when enough people get sick of this. So have fun with it.

Back to surveys; I know some of you are thinking "PW/Cryptic have nothing to do with that! They just link them!" Well, I call BS on that one since they have the ability to oversee which ones are displayed and offered. They can listen to the players and ban the surveys which are not paying out the promised rewards. They CAN and SHOULD address that.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What is the idea of the developers that we should do with the Glory and GG coins when we have geared our toon and bought enough pots to use? What do they expect us to do with all that Glory and coins? I honestly do not understand their train of thought.

There are those that suggest it is the beginning of another scam to get us to spend more real money in the Zen shop, which judging from their trends since the game went open beta, could possibly be so. But making a big portion of the game useless to participate in except for the "experience" is not making any sense to me at this moment.
  • bigbadbieberbigbadbieber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    iergo wrote: »

You can no longer sell PvP gear for gold. However, you can post it in the AH for AD. As for the patch note on the preview section, those effects may or may not happen, we have already seen two patch ideas either scrapped or delayed. I'm sure they have some sort of community head looking at the forums response to the potential changes before anything is finalized.

If anything, I think the price of PVP gear on the AH will go down since it will now be a narrow market. Eventually, it won't be worth it to sell PVP gear for AD. Unfortunately, this won't get rid of the automated users until PvP potions no longer sell for gold and instead return the glory invested.

your right in that pvp gear might start going for less on AH
    Meaning that the return on investing time in pvp will go down
    which means fewer people will play it overall
    for myself it is because if i can't sell for gold I don't have an efficient risk free way of getting pots/kits for dungeons
    but overall there is no long term incentive to play Pvp anymore there are no leaderboards or rankings, no useable currency is obtained, no top tier items to be farmed for
    without a longterm incentive there is no reason to do it, and longterm incentives are what MMOs are all about
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seriously if you need gold just use your AD to buy a key, they have been selling for 50-60g lately on dragon. Maybe this is because some people have ridiculous amounts of gold because they were farming some system. hmmmm...
  • skig201skig201 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Content and Environment
    • Mephits that were spawning underground or outside playable areas in the Mt. Hotenow Firecatcher contest have been moved to more accessible locations.

What?

This isn't even the issue with the Hotenow contest. There are plenty of the little buggers about without the ones outside the playable area. The issue is that the contest doesn't work! The timer starts and you can catch them. It does not however give any rewards and does not give credit for the quest. Fix that before worrying about the actual mephits which are fast spawning and plentiful as it is.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If level 60 identify scrolls didn't cost so much AD I'd really have no problem farming foundries or whatever for gold. Instead of a fix for bots it's seeming more like a push to get people to buy, or at least use more, AD. If you don't identify a green item it sells for 1 silver whereas if you identify it it's 10 times more. Yet a single identify scroll is what.. 145AD or something?

I liked the game enough to spend the money on a founders pack but I'm liking the game less with each patch. At this point I'm on the fence about purchasing one of the latest packs.
  • ata67ata67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    iergo wrote: »

You can no longer sell PvP gear for gold. However, you can post it in the AH for AD.
    You are wrong. Read changlog in test server - all gear for glory and seal will be bound.
    edited August 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    Seriously if you need gold just use your AD to buy a key, they have been selling for 50-60g lately on dragon. Maybe this is because some people have ridiculous amounts of gold because they were farming some system. hmmmm...
    Now the gold price will rise and the keys will cost much less. Like 15-25 gold.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I had about 300g worth of glory that is now useless to sell because I didn't know you can buy lesser pvp pots and sell them. :(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • jammerou812jammerou812 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I confess to being very disappointed that patch after patch, I see nothing about actually preventing exploiters and cheaters. You can't find honest groups in the queue to run epic dungeons or Gauntlgrym - everyone wants to exploit. Why is it that people are still able to exploit epic dungeons and skip most of the mobs and content? Why hasn't this been fixed, and the exploiters punished? Invisible walls barring passage would quickly and easily solve this problem. Why is it that every single GG match, I still see the same people calling for coin farming runs through T1 Fardelver? Why haven't these people been punished and removed from the game? It can't be that hard to look at the data and pinpoint those who have been running dungeons and GG in far below average time. Someone who is starting and completing an epic dungeon or GG in 10 minutes is obviously exploiting. It is this sort of behavior that is ruining the game, and which you really need to focus on preventing and punishing.

While I agree with the "fix the exploitation of the Dungeons", I do not think you can punish people for playing a poorly designed dungeon. Don't get me wrong, It has decent geometry, and looks nice, but it was a rush job to get the content out. In this day and age, you cannot tell me a Dev designed Fardelver and thought "no one will jump down and run under the mobs thus avoiding all the conent" It was the devs zone creation that lets it happen. I've designed "zones", "levels", "Maps" or whatever you would like to name them and every game editor I've worked with had a way to make those areas "kill zones" ...Devs could easily make all water in that Map a kill zone in about 30 seconds of editing. No more exploiting!
  • bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I had about 300g worth of glory that is now useless to sell because I didn't know you can buy lesser pvp pots and sell them. :(

I suggest you to spent you glory on pvp gear/companions and sell them on AH, because in the latest patch notes for the test server they have announced bop for glory/seals items.
    Ranger.jpg
  • kattlyankattlyan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    beezer94 wrote: »
    Seriously, do you guys listen to the community even a little bit? You claim to have 2 million users, assuming 500,000 of those are scam gold farm, that's still probably 1.5 million people who have told you exactly what needs fixing. And instead of reading any of it you just nerf nerf nerf and nerf. I understand that any game will need tweaking, but you keep removing features. Like the fact that if you have enough unicorn/drake seals to buy an item, then you don't need that item because you've done dozens of dungeons. Not being able to sell token items makes acquiring tokens useless. So once you have that one piece of gear from a given dungeon, you have zero reason to ever go back. You claim you need 9300 gear to do the top dungeon in the game, when there are tier1 dungeons that are practically impossible with any one of five people have less than 9300. Every boss fight, 'let's just put hundreds of adds' is not fun for anyone. There is one tank class, the guardian fighter, useless for anything but kiting the adds (and clerics can do that better). Why have a tank when they don't even get to tank! Please stop fixing what is not broken. There are 1.5million people that want the sort bug (couple weeks now) fixed & the professions only showing rare tasks (many months now) fixed.

Agree, the patch notes made me dissapointed to say the least. Reported several bugs in the past that would had made more sence to fix then this.. Shame!
  • jellojam1jellojam1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I receive no seal when I exchange my bounty items to the bounty hunter. This happen twice now. Can you look into it pls.
  • patriot1864patriot1864 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I second that. I mean come on already.
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    dimentium9 wrote: »
    Seriously, priority #1 should be the Sort function issue - nothing else should come first.

That is where you're wrong. There are many more serious issues than sorting your inventory. That you can do manually, obviously you're far too lazy.
  • krejziiikrejziii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    server blocked why?
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    beezer94 wrote: »
    Seriously, do you guys listen to the community even a little bit? You claim to have 2 million users, assuming 500,000 of those are scam gold farm, that's still probably 1.5 million people who have told you exactly what needs fixing. And instead of reading any of it you just nerf nerf nerf and nerf. I understand that any game will need tweaking, but you keep removing features. Like the fact that if you have enough unicorn/drake seals to buy an item, then you don't need that item because you've done dozens of dungeons. Not being able to sell token items makes acquiring tokens useless. So once you have that one piece of gear from a given dungeon, you have zero reason to ever go back. You claim you need 9300 gear to do the top dungeon in the game, when there are tier1 dungeons that are practically impossible with any one of five people have less than 9300. Every boss fight, 'let's just put hundreds of adds' is not fun for anyone. There is one tank class, the guardian fighter, useless for anything but kiting the adds (and clerics can do that better). Why have a tank when they don't even get to tank! Please stop fixing what is not broken. There are 1.5million people that want the sort bug (couple weeks now) fixed & the professions only showing rare tasks (many months now) fixed.
    kattlyan wrote: »
    Agree, the patch notes made me dissapointed to say the least. Reported several bugs in the past that would had made more sence to fix then this.. Shame!

Might I add, 2 million unique users, imagine if only 5000 paid for a founder pack, do the basic math, how much is that they earn for their POOR SUPPORT and ridiculous services like paid character slots, one inventory slot worth 1 EURO, ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?! Not to mention those chests, that is a joke right and a serious ripoff!

I mean, no mount in the world is worth 30 EURO, not to mention those who've wasted more money than anyone else and got nothing useful from those chests should at least get some kind of compensation (non-influencing the game) for what they've wasted their money for.

Fix your bloody ripoffs PW and the economy in-game, so this game doesn't become a job, but a leisure, relax and people don't need to sweat blood to earn something.
  • wariorblak34wariorblak34 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it's just anything, you deprive us of the only way to get some gold for potion kit, it will not change anything for the bots we'll just find them on the map, congratulations for your incomp
  • nieaniea Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Off hand, it's nice to see them patching bugs, but...
    A: sort buttons still broken.
    B: these are all minor bugs and text fixes.
    C: the only content im seeing new lately are more companions and dye pack to be purchased.
    D: still no archers
    E: still no ability to make branching stories without serious engine tricking in the foundry.
    F: this on top of all the lockboxes, horrible writing, and temporary stuff for champions... cryptic once again showing that they can take a good idea, almost get it right, and then grind it face down through the gravel for a few years.

sadly, i cannot find a better online game still functioning without going back to Ultima Online, and i hate dealing with PKers.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bstby wrote: »
    facepalm.jpeg

Yet (another) reason why I've yet to spend any money on this game.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    For the many posters who haven't read the preview shard patch notes yet, Glory/PVP/Grym coin items will be BOP soon. That means no AH for AD for them, and this patch killed selling them for gold. In short, they're useless to any equipped character.
    edited August 2013
    For the many posters who haven't read the preview shard patch notes yet, Glory/PVP/Grym coin items will be BOP soon. That means no AH for AD for them, and this patch killed selling them for gold. In short, they're useless to any equipped character.
    It should be written in large letters that knew all
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ohhhh so now all the bots who farm gold will still be able to and all the real players who actually did PVP won't be able to do anything with it.. CW's "fix" shouldn't have been so harsh.. People build an entire character around using this. Sure it shouldn't have been limitless but you guys always go too far. I can't wait for you to put the rogue patch in and watch the players run to a different game.

But now that you have my nerfed my main income of gold. Can you please explain to me how I am suppose to efficiently make gold? I know farming low level areas isn't mind numbing at all.... *sarcasm*. But what the balls am I suppose to do with all of this glory?

So much for helping friends out with a starter set of gear when they hit 60.

Last point.. Since when did doubling and tripling adds to make a boss fight harder show creativity in any way?

Really last point.. Anyone who has been to CN and done the shortcuts who cannot honestly not see that they were put there on purpose is an idiot. The overhang to jump down to the portal that was fixed... It was missing a spike in the middle so we could jump up.. the jump to run around to get to the third boss... WHY IS THERE A DIRECT LINE TO THERE AND A LEDGE THAT LETS YOU WALK AROUND?! No way some guy just added it for fun.. So why take it away?

Cryptic, please stop ruining your game.
This discussion has been closed.