test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.2

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
This build is set to go live at 7AM PDT on Thursday, August 1, 2013.

Gateway
  • Fixed an issue that could cause item tooltips to display in the lower left of the screen instead of over the item.
  • Fixed minor layout issues on the profession screen in some cases.
  • Fixed a minor issue with overlapping text that could occur when returning from inactivity.
  • Fixed an issue with Auction house searches not always working with some versions of Internet Explorer 8.
User Interface
  • The Dungeoneering skill and other powers with long names should now have better word wrapping in character creation.
Systems and Items
  • Fixed some enchantments and items not giving their proper stat bonuses.
  • Items purchased for Glory or Grym Coins can no longer be sold for Gold.
  • All types of Identification Scrolls will now be sellable on the Auction House.
  • Tomb Spider companion now has an updated character preview in the companions screen.
  • Frozen Power Transfer Feat: Fixed an issue where this could extend the duration of all other effects on the Control Wizard.
Professions
  • Changed the task name for Elegant Scale Shirt to Elegant Scale Pants
  • Alchemists have discovered a new more efficient way to make Aqua Vitae. Check your Rank 8 Alchemy tasks.
Content and Environment
  • Mephits that were spawning underground or outside playable areas in the Mt. Hotenow Firecatcher contest have been moved to more accessible locations.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    kettemannkettemann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Might I suggest a fix to the Sort inventory function?
  • Options
    dimentium9dimentium9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seriously, priority #1 should be the Sort function issue - nothing else should come first.
  • Options
    averisharynaverisharyn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What are we supposed to do if you max out on glory and have gear? only buy pots? you need to add more useful things to PvP vendor. Get rid of bots instead, i know your trying to curb gold farming, but this is silly.
  • Options
    therealgravecardtherealgravecard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited July 2013
    RIP sort button :(
    Gauntlgrym Best Score - 21/2/48
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I wouldn't call the sort button the #1 priority. I'm sure that I am not the only one that never uses it. I would consider the crashes that occur in Protector's Enclave more important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Items purchased for Glory or Grym Coins can no longer be sold for Gold.

Does this include items in our inventory or just anything from 7AM -8GMT onward?

Otherwise, nice progressive patch Devs! Of course a lot of us were hoping for a sort button fix, but I know you will get to it.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No holes in walls fixes this week? meh.
  • Options
    jiguur1jiguur1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah please fix sort item...
    Dominatin' force of Mongolia:mad:
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please say Sort was fixed just not mentioned in the patch note omg.

Can I just say: Boooooo. I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next 2 hours across 5 characters.
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    [*]Alchemists have discovered a new more efficient way to make Aqua Vitae. Check your Rank 8 Alchemy tasks.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is excellent news, I can't wait to check it out! :D
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Fix Karrundax 1st and 2nd boss so range classes cant solo them, fix dread vault campfire bug (u start at the entrance of the instance if u die, not at campfire) and fix castel never last boss (diferent mechanic so u dont need to bring 2 CW to be doable).
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fixed some enchantments and items not giving their proper stat bonuses

WOOT ! yay !
  • Options
    shadowmancer68shadowmancer68 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would ask that they fix an issue I have been reporting on for the past month or so. The game crashes when I log out of a character and try logging into the foundry. It's very annoying.
  • Options
    beezer94beezer94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seriously, do you guys listen to the community even a little bit? You claim to have 2 million users, assuming 500,000 of those are scam gold farm, that's still probably 1.5 million people who have told you exactly what needs fixing. And instead of reading any of it you just nerf nerf nerf and nerf. I understand that any game will need tweaking, but you keep removing features. Like the fact that if you have enough unicorn/drake seals to buy an item, then you don't need that item because you've done dozens of dungeons. Not being able to sell token items makes acquiring tokens useless. So once you have that one piece of gear from a given dungeon, you have zero reason to ever go back. You claim you need 9300 gear to do the top dungeon in the game, when there are tier1 dungeons that are practically impossible with any one of five people have less than 9300. Every boss fight, 'let's just put hundreds of adds' is not fun for anyone. There is one tank class, the guardian fighter, useless for anything but kiting the adds (and clerics can do that better). Why have a tank when they don't even get to tank! Please stop fixing what is not broken. There are 1.5million people that want the sort bug (couple weeks now) fixed & the professions only showing rare tasks (many months now) fixed.
  • Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    Disappointed to not see fixes for the insta crash upon login and spider temple boss suiciding :(
  • Options
    anon003anon003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the sort bug fix would be nice ^.^
  • Options
    mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so glory and gg gear being bound wasnt enough that you had to make them now unsellable to any vendors. gg guys, thanks. buff the amount of money you get in epics then if youre going to be jewish with the gold. getting 2 copper from every other enemy that dies is stupid.

i understand the frozen thing was an actual bug and made clearing really easy and you wanna stop bots "ruining" the economy and all other shenanigans but thank you for killing some of my good gold getting things off.

no, really, i love buying keys with irl $$ to get virtual gold in this game.
  • Options
    ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love how they always patch and something inevitably gets messed up; they have one day of work to see how bad they really messed up. Then they reward themselves with the weekend off with out acknowledging anything. Best customer service model ever!
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    [*]Items purchased for Glory or Grym Coins can no longer be sold for Gold.

With the upcoming changes in the major patch with Glory / Grym Coins items being BoP & now unable to be sold for GOLD. How are PvP players going to make AD & Gold outside of leadership?

Some of us ONLY enjoy PvP and a change like this makes it near impossible to farm AD or Gold to purchase enchants off AH.

Please tell us why you would do this?

Thanks,
  • Options
    thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited August 2013

Oh god no.. Doing dungeons got a bit harder again. I usually end up running low on gold even when I pick up the green items and sell them. Now if I get bankrupt I can't even get myself back in the game by selling glory items? This is seriously ridiculous.

Edit: Weird typo plus removing this part: "Also if the items can't be sold in any way then what's the use? Seems like no more PvP or Gauntlgrym for me then." They aren't stating that the items would be BoP. Can still be sold for AD.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sort function is not a high priority issue. It is a minor inconvenience not a major bug. It will get fixed when it gets fixed.
  • Options
    thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    Fixed some enchantments and items not giving their proper stat bonuses.

Oh I almost forgot to thank you for this because the BoP PvP and GG items shocked me too much. :D I guess the savage enchants are finally useful!
  • Options
    sanborn32basanborn32ba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Y'all need a name filter on the character creation screen to stop websites i.e (www.*******.com@whatever) being used as a character name. This will reduce the number of SPAM messages from these folks in Zone chat. A huge annoyance.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Sort function is not a high priority issue. It is a minor inconvenience not a major bug. It will get fixed when it gets fixed.

Maybe not to you. In addition to being a bug (yes a sort button that doesn't sort is a bug) it's a major inconvenience especially when it involves profession resources and assets. However I'll grant you if you just mess with your main inventory it's not that bad.

As far as the not being able to sell Glory items for gold this pretty much makes glory TOTALLY useless once you get your purple equipment assuming you hadn't already bought better gear on the AH prior to that. Sure buy the companion just because the glory will go to waste anyway but other than that the only thing left are potions which with a 2 minute cooldown are mostly useless. Can we at least get something else to spend glory on like (bound) identification scrolls or something?
  • Options
    milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The inventory sorting problem affects every single player in the game. There are a select few that really don't care if it works or not, but they are a very tiny minority. The rest of us are really getting annoyed by it and are wondering how much longer it will take. It worked before so you should be able to fix it pretty easily.
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How about fixing the FIOS lag issue? It's been nearly a month of lag now. You think this should be addressed?
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [*]Frozen Power Transfer Feat: Fixed an issue where this could extend the duration of all other effects on the Control Wizard.
    [*]
    [/LIST]
    Professions
    • Alchemists have discovered a new more efficient way to make Aqua Vitae. Check your Rank 8 Alchemy tasks.

My two favorite updates and this coming from a CW also.
  • Options
    r3ds0nowr3ds0now Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When is TR nerf gonno go
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This build is set to go live at 7AM PDT on Thursday, August 1, 2013.

Systems and Items
    • Fixed some enchantments and items not giving their proper stat bonuses.

I hope this includes those Savage enchants thats not been acting right since thier introduction.
This discussion has been closed.