test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What have you got from Tymorian Lockboxes?

Comments

• baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So far ive got 15-20 Eggs, maybe 200 - 300k AD, 100's of pots, 100's of various profs items, nearly 1 of every blue gear item and crowns coming out of my ears..

So I think I would say in response to this thread.. ive got too much:rolleyes:
  • iomhariiomhari Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've ran into times when the crown will remove hair, and times when it doesn't. I'm starting to think it might be something to do with whatever helmet you changed, and whether or not it removed your hair.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so i think i would say in response to this thread.. Ive got too much:rolleyes:

blasphemy!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So far ive got 15-20 Eggs, maybe 200 - 300k AD, 100's of pots, 100's of various profs items, nearly 1 of every blue gear item and crowns coming out of my ears..

So I think I would say in response to this thread.. ive got too much:rolleyes:

Why you lucky.... I only get potions. No healing potions, but other potions. Maybe I just didn't open enough boxes yet...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . I've gotten only two so far tonight, most of the things I have been fighting have been a level below me. Just doing my story quests. Both of them gave me three really nice (for my level) buff potions each.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have opened 240 boxes - 30 which I got myself and 210 which I bought at the AH. So far: 20 dragon eggs, 5 crowns, tons of potions, elixirs, residuum, crystals, shards and around 10 blue weapons - and of course a pretty big pile of ADs.

Overall, I am doing quite a bit better than break-even, but the final outcome will depend on the prices of dragon eggs.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've only opened maybe 2 dozen boxes so far but the coolest item I got was a spellbook for my CW. It's just an "orb" with a different graphic but I was pretty jazzed to get it. Other then that I got a lvl 60 blue GF armour, some potions, residuum and 10,000 diamonds.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lets see
    lots of potions 2 blue GWF axes lots of residuum and potions.....and this

71d38e287c5000f87edc519f8d96740f1375019916.jpg

And it doesn't make me look bald or anything in fact I like how it sits over my bangs unlike the fashion crowns, I wish this was a fashion item.
  • nechoventsinechoventsi Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, I got a lot of residium, and other resources, 3 Dragon Eggs and 5 or 6 times I got 10,000 AD. Also, I got 2 Fools' Crown of Neverwinter.

BTW, what's with this crown - OK, maybe it should be bound, but why on pick-up? Why isn't it tradable? I understand why it is not a fashion item - you can fuse it with a helm and so on. But I got two...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    So far like 29 eggs, 250k rough ad, two crowns, a bunch of crystals/residium and a ton of pots.
  • stev2510stev2510 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    out of 250 - 300 boxs i got 500k ad and 25 eggs.
  • killerhitman209killerhitman209 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I made 850k AD from selling all the boxes i sold them at like 5-4k AD each.
  • jimbomobojimbomobo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got 10k AD from one :) and that's it :(
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Not sure what folks were doing to get so many boxes, I am a bit envious though! I got only a total of 8... yeah.. no crown just pots and about 20k AD total. *the mage makes a sad face*

. . . . . I got my first three when I played my CW through my three campaign missions, I got one box in each of them. Then, I played for a while out just doing missions for about an hour, an nothing. So, I decided to level up two characters from level 4 to level 11, I got two boxes on one character, that was it for then. It wasn't until I started playing my own campaign again that got a couple more. Then when I started foundry testing (through the foundry) I stared getting drops left and right on my foundry editor character (just my "luck")... So, in all, I ended up getting only 8.

. . . . . I really liked the idea and lore of this event but I really do not like the farming and delivery mechanics it seemed to encourage and support those who spend hours a day farming or doing UGC. The only thing I can think as to why I got so few in normal game play was because I out-level all the mission content that I wanted to play and get done, by a few levels. Which then screams to me how horrible the delivery mechanics might be for this event in relation to the game having such a high leveling rate - especially how easy it is to out-level official content by a level or two.

. . . . . I hope more thought goes into the future delivery of events like this. Plus, three days on a weekend is too short for any Event, in my opinion. I rarely get to play even a few hours a week!
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got about 12x AD, 2x Eggs, 17x Residuum, 2x Equip, 2x Crown, 6x Potions, 5x Arcane Shard/Crystals
  • thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Not sure what folks were doing to get so many boxes, I am a bit envious though! I got only a total of 8... yeah.. no crown just pots and about 20k AD total. *the mage makes a sad face*

Hi Zeb,

Allow the crafty rogue to elucidate for the wise old wizard *smiles his most cherubic halfling grin*

Certain types of mobs seemed far more likely to drop the gifts than others. In general, the tougher the creature, the better the chance seemed. Trolls were especially good.

Once I figured this out, I spent most of my time running Foundries that I knew were primarily populated with bigger monsters and avoided those that were mostly minions. If a mission had a difficulty slider, I would play it on the hardest version to ensure that the baddies were as tough as possible. I was getting about 6-11 boxes per Foundry mission. Despite not having a whole lot of time to play this weekend, I ended up with a couple hundred thousand AD, about 10 dragon eggs, and a crown on each of my character's heads.

Of course, Tymora is my patron. It could just be that she loves me more ;)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I kept running around the Whispering Caverns on my GWF to farm the gifts. I never got a single one from the lowest tier of enemies. I only got gifts from the 2nd tier and up, (Drow Assassins, War Leaders, Arachnomancers, Dryders, etc). I got about 100K in ADs, maybe 8-10 Dragon Eggs, 2 crowns, maybe 4 blue items, and countless drops of Residiuum.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Picked up 30K ad and a bunch of pots and green crafting stuff.
    Only had limited play time and I do not farm but did enjoy the free stuff and event.
    Hope to see more Special event weekends like this just for random funs sake.
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have gotten 10,000 AD, numerous potions, some Residuum, and two sets of rare armor (one for my class, one not)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone have a listing of all the names of the rare armor and weapon drops, from the gift box?
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I was in the Chasm most the time. One egg, 30 k AD or so, GWF blue armor lvl 60, blue CW book lvl 60.. and potions/shards/resdium. Not many boxes..maybe 22-28 total Did the whole zone and some Icespire prior. Guess foundry was the way to go but didn't want to miss content. I noticed the hard dungeon mkbs didn't drop it hardly at all..once I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I noticed that enemy tier seemed to matter more than whether they were on my level or not, which was nice because all but one of my characters are overleveled for their quest areas.

Didn't have a whole lot of time to play either, but between my three main characters, I got probably 60,000 AD, two blue weapons (one for my TR, one to sell since I don't have a GWF), one Robes of the Arcane Wanderer (which will look cute on my halfling CW), two Dragon Eggs, metric ton of Residuum, lots of Arcane Shards and some Arcane Crystals, and assorted potions.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I quickly discovered the joys of the "Melee Grind" Foundry mission.
    8-15 Boxes per run, 30-45 min. per run.
    =LOOOOOOOOTS of Boxes.
    Even with my limited gaming time this event I landed about 350000 A.D., 20 (ish) Eggs, three Crowns, a half a dozen assorted Blues, and potions out the Wazoo and enough Residuum to sink a Battleship.
    Needless to say I gave the Author the Max. tip a couple of times.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited July 2013
    thebriman wrote: »
    Hi Zeb,

Allow the crafty rogue to elucidate for the wise old wizard *smiles his most cherubic halfling grin*

Certain types of mobs seemed far more likely to drop the gifts than others. In general, the tougher the creature, the better the chance seemed. Trolls were especially good.

Once I figured this out, I spent most of my time running Foundries that I knew were primarily populated with bigger monsters and avoided those that were mostly minions. If a mission had a difficulty slider, I would play it on the hardest version to ensure that the baddies were as tough as possible. I was getting about 6-11 boxes per Foundry mission. Despite not having a whole lot of time to play this weekend, I ended up with a couple hundred thousand AD, about 10 dragon eggs, and a crown on each of my character's heads.

Of course, Tymora is my patron. It could just be that she loves me more ;)
    . . . . . Well met! Ah, thank you for that enlightenment, much appreciated indeed! I do suppose I shouldn't expect any divine luck when worshiping a currently inanimate Goddess... One day.. one day.. things will change! You'll see! Mark my words, magic and the Weave will come to order once again. This has all happened before and will come to pass again, as it has been foreseen by the divine Lady of Time, herself. Now if only I could foresee my lucky streak... if only!
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Because of my horrible luck, I just bought 30 Tymora Gift Boxes from the AH (thanks seller!), out of them I got one Crown, two 10k ADs, two Armors (pic below), a greataxe (pic below), and a ton of Potions!

Here's the two Blue Quality Items I Got:

armor_of_the_impenetrable_bastion01.jpg~originalarmor_of_the_impenetrable_bastion02.jpg~original

greataxe_of_rage01.jpg~original(sadly, I don't have a GWF to show a preview of this)
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    can someone tell me what i'm supposed to do with seven bound and otherwise worthless epic fool's crowns? am i a fool for even thinking they (may) have some (future) worth?
  • capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    300 Boxes opened so far:

114 Potions 38.00%
    58 Green Resources 19.33%
    30 Blue Resources 10.00%
    24 Blue Gear 8.00%
    40 Packs of AD 13.33%
    25 Dragon Eggs 8.33%
    9 Crowns 3.00%
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Best thing i got (over 200 boxes too) is the Axe of cleaving for my GF!!!! an actual axe that looks like an axe!!! soooooo cool on my Ancient set... the bastion armor would be cooler if had the rest of the set, but right now is only the chest... i might search for some gaunlets greaves that go well with it, but for now i wont transmute it
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Because of my horrible luck, I just bought 30 Tymora Gift Boxes from the AH (thanks seller!), out of them I got one Crown, two 10k ADs, two Armors (pic below), a greataxe (pic below), and a ton of Potions!

Just the sort of bold maneuver that Tymora would favor ... and it sounds like she did. Gratz, sir!
    edited July 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    can someone tell me what i'm supposed to do with seven bound and otherwise worthless epic fool's crowns? am i a fool for even thinking they (may) have some (future) worth?

Tymora does love a good practical joke ...