test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask the DEVS: on the NOCS PODCAST Episode 4

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
2ewmx3t.png
The NOCS Episode 4
The NOCS has started pre-production of Episode 4. I would like to give the community the opportunity to pose questions you'd like to see us ask the Cryptic Neverwinter developers. I'll only have a limited time with the team, and I want to ensure the community is HEARD!

Part ONE:

FURY OF THE FEYWILD with a Cryptic MYSTERY GUEST!

Part TWO:

TOP FIXES NEEDED FOR A PRIMO NEVERWINTER PUG & GUILD GROUP EXPERIENCE with several MYSTERY GUESTS!

Part THREE:

The FOUNDRY & The FUTURE with an OLD MYSTERY GUEST!

The NOCS will be recorded first week in August. Feel free to send me questions or topics you'd like to see covered, here in the thread or privately if you want to keep it on the lowdown.

Keep in mind I am a volunteer community moderator, not a PWE or Cryptic employee, so the views contained in my show are mine, and mine alone. I spend my own time to do these shows for the community's benefit, not for any monetary benefit of any kind.

If you've seen past episodes, you know I'll ask just about anything. I pull no punches and I get to the questions everyone wants to know. Don't expect pretty little questions and fancy BS on the NOCS! Expect to be entertained, learn something new, and be energized for the future!!

FOR NEVERWINTER!

(Needless to say, please keep comments on topic, and keep it clean.)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My question would be:

Is cryptic ever going to move away from the current engine they use and toward a more open modified sandbox type experience with any of the games they are planning in the future? As a gamer, I am getting a little tired of following the pre ordained trail to exp and gold.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think mine would be:

How much communication has there been with Wizards Of The Coast concerning the look of the game regarding in game visuals etc
    Who has the final say on the artistic style? Cryptic? Wizards?
    & if so cite sources for your inspirations..
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think mine would be:

How much communication has there been with Wizards Of The Coast concerning the look of the game regarding in game visuals etc

It no doubt will be an Epic show.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I think mine would be:

This one has already been touched upon by various sources and Wizards always gets the final say.

Everything in the game is approved by Wizards of the Coast. If they don't agree with it they do not hesitate to shoot it down especially when it comes to lore and visuals.

I believe that was stated in the Second NOCS but not positive.

However guys, remember this is a place to post questions which will be asked in the next NOCS. There won't generally be answers posted here so the answers to questions posted here will be answered in the NOCS. :p

Removed a post for being Off Topic. Please keep this thread about questions you would like answered and not to simply post your opinion about the game and such.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This one has already been touched upon by various sources and Wizards always gets the final say.

Everything in the game is approved by Wizards of the Coast. If they don't agree with it they do not hesitate to shoot it down especially when it comes to lore and visuals.

I believe that was stated in the Second NOCS but not positive.

However guys, remember this is a place to post questions which will be asked in the next NOCS. There won't generally be answers posted here so the answers to questions posted here will be answered in the NOCS. :p

Removed a post for being Off Topic. Please keep this thread about questions you would like answered and not to simply post your opinion about the game and such.

Yah we talked about it with Andy in NOCS episode 2, he has the weekly conference calls with WoTC

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yep, every Tuesday I do believe.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to know why Gauntlgrym is limited for people in guilds. As someone who is not in a guild I find it odd that I can't experience this content unless I join a guild. That seems like a wrong reason for people to join a guild.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What I would like to know is are they ever going to do anything about the lameness of traps and are they ever going to give us more customization to companions?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    WotC may have to give their approval but then again they can always say "Mehhh, close enough" being that they want money as much as PWE does.

So my question is this: To what extent (as stated above) will WotC promise "Quality" and the likeness of D&D?
  • Options
    henzaihenzai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 154
    edited July 2013
    Mine would be: When will we see items that work like magic items from 4th? Are there ever gonna be a Jarlaxl looking rogue? Will Hybrid classes come? And how's the plans concerning psionics? ans so on and so forth

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?408251-Changes-I-would-like-to-see-with-loot-n-stuff
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Good questions thusfar... but I KNOW we have more questions than this...

Let's get 'NW Community Creative' a churnin'!!

• Options
    doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Here is mine...

Castle Never and some of the other T2's seem to be getting small half heart'ed attempts of patching shortcuts. The truth is 30 minute CN clears as still possible as of the last patch, and every shortcut is still possible. Is there going to ever be a serious attempt to stop all the dungeon shortcuts and trash skipping?
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to know why Gauntlgrym is limited for people in guilds. As someone who is not in a guild I find it odd that I can't experience this content unless I join a guild. That seems like a wrong reason for people to join a guild.

^ This.

And even though I am in a guild not one of us has any interest in PvP.

Gating PvE content with forced participation in PvP is an appallingly bad idea and seriously needs to be addressed.

So I'd ask: what was the thinking behind forcing players to engage in PvP just to unlock access to PvE? Some players (I'm one) have no interest in PvP at all and will simply not engage that Content. Thus you are denying a significant portion of the player-base access to new content on fairly arbitrary, and wholly unnecessary reasoning. There is simply nothing you guys can do to make me want to play PvP, and without access to new PvE content I'll get bored. Not a good move from a business point of view.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    Questions:
    1. How many classes are you currently hoping to have completed by the end of the year?
    2. Paragon paths should we expect them within a year?
    3. How many more companions are you going to add to the Zen store?
    4. Are you currently looking to make the crafts more viable at end game?
    5. Do you realize the most fun part of the game is the foundry and likely the only thing keeping the game a float?
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good questions thusfar... but I KNOW we have more questions than this...

Well my other question is more of a "pull no punches" type. I would like to know their response to this question:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?410271-What-to-do-about-lost-ADs
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well my other question is more of a "pull no punches" type. I would like to know their response to this question:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?410271-What-to-do-about-lost-ADs
    You think a community moderator will ask that? :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You think a community moderator will ask that? :D

This one will.

• Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I would ask if they are still planning on implementing their original plans, including (but not limited to): merging the servers, not charging for race and class content ever (much appreciated if you could make a YES or NO question out of this, any other words would be unacceptable), scythes/halflings (i.e. varied equipment), considering persistent worlds in the future, etc. Aandre, since you've been here for much longer than I have, you know what plans they originally had discussed post-Atari.

I won't ask when, because if there's one thing I've learned, it's that asking for specifics like "what class" or "what date" is the most futile question to MMO's in general. I just want to know if they're still standing behind their original ideals.
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This one will.

Ready to be stripped of title?
  • Options
    ledmonsonledmonson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been playing the latest edition of D&D for 17 years.

1. I've seen it typed that Neverwinter is not necessarily trying to copy 4th edition, but instead Neverwinter is allowed to call what they are developing "their own version". Why are you using the words: "powers" and "paragon path" that no other edition had before 4th? If it is still true that you are not trying to copy 4th edition, then I guess that excuses you from having such a low amount of build and paragon path options at launch. 4th edition has I believe on average per 20+ classes: 4 builds, about 8 paragon paths per class, and many many epic destinies that any class could choose from as long as they met the requirements.
    Neverwinter does still wear the D&D logo, so I believe it would be the perfect definition of "disgrace" if Neverwinter did not increase the rate at which they are bringing out more class/build/paragon path options.

I'm not talking about Races, because Neverwinter is doing a good job with that.
    1. Question: What is the estimated time of arrival rate at which Neverwinter will be bringing out more character options.

2. I've realized that Neverwinter already has +6 items which is where 4th edition stops at with a character level cap of 30.
    I believe I've heard Neverwinter is doing their leveling rate at "times 3" compared to 4th edition. 4th ed begins paragon at 11; Neverwinter begins paragon at 30. When we reached 60 in Neverwinter we became "epic"; 4th ed starts epic destinies at 21.
    4th edition said on average you should start seeing +6 items at level 26. 26xNeverwinter3=76. Wait! That doesn't add up. We are already seeing +6 items in Neverwinter before level 60/4th ed 20.

2. Question: A) Will you raise the level cap? B) Will you raise the item + modifier numbers (if so, that will not be copying 4th ed).
    C) Will there be Epic Destinies?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ready to be stripped of title?

Silly wabbit. Listen in... I guarantee you'll be entertained!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Silly wabbit. Listen in... I guarantee you'll be entertained!

Yah I think so. They dont even consider the fact we did this before and now you are a forum mod lol.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xtropianxtropian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My question would be: Why are Moon Elves (the most numerous and widespread Elven race in the Forgotten Realms) available exclusively through the Knight of the Feywild pack, while Sun Elves (an elitist and aloof Elven race that rarely venture outside their domain) are available to everyone?
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, my questions are:

- How do they envision pvp? As it is now it looks like an added extra that many people actually enjoy more than pve. Are there plans to add more zones and variation, or is it working as intended and this is it?

- Enchantments and gearscore. Is this working as intended? To me anyway it seems enchantments can cause so many OP problems (Tene's stacking and not being an armor/weapon enchant for instance).

- Will we get epic-skirmishes?

- Are they willing to be more pro- and retro-active against bots and botters and will they implement some of the suggestions on these boards? Of course they'll say bots are not allowed, but to be honest and in practice, they are increasing in numbers.

- Basically I'd like to know how they think about the major problems the community reports, and whether or not they agree with the community on that.
  • Options
    infernal667infernal667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My questions:

- What are you going to do to encourage more players to play DCs and GFs? Currently there is an EXTREME lack of especially DCs. Have you even tried to find out why players do not want to play these two classes anymore?

- The economy is broken. Most T2 items can be bought for under 30k AD. Players reach level 60 and buy T2 stuff, then they fail completely in T2 dungeons which is bad for everyone. Except for a few selected items selling items has a low return. Escpecially DC items have a low value which discourages even more DCs from logging in and playing. What are your further plans for the economy?

- Are you ever going to change the final boss fight of Castle Never to be less Wizard dependend?

- Are you going to release any endgame viable companions that can compete with the stone / cat?

- We see single players selling several stacks of 99 x lvl5 enchantments. They are clearly using bots or exploitation to get them. Are you monitoring them and following the trail back to the source or do you not care?

- When are you going to fix the bug that the DD chest is not unlocked automatically when you are in a dungeon when the event starts?

- An easy one: Will we ever be able to switch off the visuals of shirts / pants or change their appearence by using skins of other classes?
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    My main question is when are they going to finish the classes in game, were still missing two paragon paths per class after launch and no information in sight.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    My questions:

1.) What are you doing about bots? I see the same bots for weeks on end. Some i have seen from lvl 10 to 60.

2.) Are the various feat/power bugs that various classes have ever going to be fixed? For example, from what i understand the teifling racial still overrides the cws feat (tempest magic?? Cant remember name) that increases dmg while target is under 30% hp.
    3.) Are the boss fights in feywild still going to have a billion adds? Plz mix it up some!

4.) Any plan on tweaking under used or ignored powers/ paragon paths?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for all the questions guys!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    No other questions??

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    No other questions??
    . . . . . My beard has stopped growing since the last magefair. Would it be possible to teach a barber in town how to not cut it off when I go to him or her for grooming? I know I'm only human... I think.. Still, I'd like to grow it long like the dwarves I see running about, but that barber is just snip happy!