test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask the DEVS: on the NOCS PODCAST Episode 4

2»

Comments

• aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Foreshadowing ~~ The NOCS Crew duct taping a certain old man to do the coolest podcast in the Realms!

suicide-kings-movie-poster-1997-1020196068.jpg

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    You forgot the fingers! You always tie a mage's fingers! HAH!
    *the mage widdles his fingers and disappears in a puff of silvery smoke*
  • twerkulatorrtwerkulatorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    - What is the process involved when choosing to buff or nerf a class? And if you'd like to provide an example, why was the Rogue chosen most recently to be nerfed?

- Can we expect new PvP game-modes (arena, tdm, dueling, etc.) and ladders/stats?
    Twerkulatorr (Rogue) & Twerk (Guard)
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
    Peter Puffer's Foundation @ Mindflayer
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    You forgot the fingers! You always tie a mage's fingers! HAH!
    *the mage widdles his fingers and disappears in a puff of silvery smoke*

"They're chopping my fingers off, Ira."

In Suicide Kings they don't tie up fingers :eek:
  • jim2108jim2108 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No other questions??

Most of us have learned the hard way of not having expectations.
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    -Will there be any improvements to the code to reducing crashing and disconnecting?

-Will there ever be any real town hubs?
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We still havent done the podcast yet, so please keep the questions coming
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I see that they are making some MUCH needed improvements to the foundry in general, thank you very much Cryptic! One of those improvements is adding more, minimal but more, assets.

My question is, Are they working on adding more, much more, assets to the foundry?

I would love to see more variety to interior and exterior maps, more placeables like floor visuals ie; a magical looking summoning circle or other interesting visuals. Add more assets across the board and when you think you have gone overboard add some more. Too much will never be enough!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi,

i would like to ask about character items, body scales and clipping issues.

----

Almost any helmet has clipping issues when you are playing as a half - orc, or a tiefling,
    even as a dwarf.

Female armors tend to have a silly skirt attached to them (for whatever reason)...
    it gets stuck between the charcter's legs by just moving forward.

Male body scales... especially the "slim" preset... this preset has no chest, no shoulders, and the GWF
    sword clips right into the back. For example, even female defaults do have shoulders...

The "toned" male body especially for humans looks way too Buff.

Almost any GF sword clips into the leg armor, due to the sword being attached to the shirt/pant, instead of the armor itself.

----

This reminds me of the terrible character defaults PWE put into Perfect World, after they bought the game... (is it the same team???)

Will the many clipping issues ever get a fix?

• tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I want to know....

Is the cake a lie?
  • jumajiijumajii Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's a few. I haven't had a chance yet to hear the previous pods, so feel free to drop the ones that have already been answered. but keep in mind that some of my questions are based on their responses to previous answers I've seen, so they may need to still be asked.

1) Given the recent additions of the companion upgrades, specifically their costs, and using the current value of zen to AD, the companion upgrade overall cost is close to 50$ real world money. Does the development team view this as reasonable balance, given the cost of the lvl 30 store only companions are only 30$ RWM?

2) Given the previous declaration from the devs that they are not going to allow comp unbinding, in spite of previous indications they were, is the company going to provide any alternatives for players who wish to possibly move their companion to another character...such as giving a one time transfer token to that account only, or perhaps a zen store token that unbinds it as a lvl 1....or any other options to unbind a comp with limitations? it seems disingenuous to give players the idea that they have a "safety net" to explore the companions, then yank out that safety net after so many purchases have taken place? how does the company feel about this reversal of direction and how it impacts their public's perception?

3) This is similar to #1 but probable deserves it's own question. Given the heated responses recently to costs of vendor items vs. AH items, does the company have plans in the near future for reviewing and reducing costs of many of these items? Were talking real world dollars correlating to purchase power on the AH as well as vendors...which means that vendors compete with the AH, and currently most players do not utilize vendor options as the AH has cheaper and better items. Do they have a team that reviews these vendor prices and do they regularly look to update them to reflect the market?
    edited August 2013
    So is this still happening? I haven't see Aandre around for a while. Is he still here?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Aandre is dealing with a nasty case of "real life" and while he is still around he is around a lot less. Sadly this has postponed future NOCS' as well.

(He's healthy and doing fine! He's working a lot of hours and spending time with his family when he's not)
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Aandre is dealing with a nasty case of "real life" and while he is still around he is around a lot less. Sadly this has postponed future NOCS' as well.

(He's healthy and doing fine! He's working a lot of hours and spending time with his family when he's not)

I've always heard this when there's either a death in the family or his wife/gf missed her monthly visitor. Saw him around alot during beta, glad he doing okay.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My questions:

1. For many players, their mount *is* their companion. Will we be able to have our warhorse stomp and kick at enemies along side us fighting, (not while we're on them)?

2. Most of the fashion sets are very elaborate and/or way too revealing to be "casual wear". Are there plans to offer more generic/utilitarian sets, (like what many of the commoners wear)? How about allowing us to simply place armor/shirt or legs/pants armor from any class as fashion pieces?

3. The rampant frequency with which dungeons are completed via campfire suicide runs and/or other exploits means finding a team to do an instance legitimately is next to impossible. Are there any plans to fix these in a more timely manner and/or to provide incentives for running them the right way or to punish those that repeatedly cheat?

4. Will we see player housing and/or account-wide storage anytime soon?

5. Are we going to see more Call to Arms events anytime soon? Are they going to become a permanent weekend feature?

6. There are many cases were a higher tier power is simply not better than a lower one in any way - are they going to be re-evaluated and/or rebalanced so all powers are attractive to take, and there aren't really any "obvious winners"?

7. Are there any plans to tier PvP at level 60? 5K GS fresh 60's are forced to complete w/ 13K 60's w/ perfect enchants, and this sours the experience, (at least IMO).

8. Are there any plans to expand the character models of enemies? For instance, the Many Arrows orcs basically only have axe throwers and drudges as their basic low-tier enemy, and they all look alike. You have the character creator w/ all those different faces, hair styles, etc... so why not use it to its fullest?

9. Are there any plans to add more basic/2G companions to the Emporium, (or at least different race and gender versions of them)?

10. On paper, rotating events sound like a good idea. In practice, only a select few, (like skirmishes or dungeon delves), really appeal to everyone. Are there any plans to allow people a simple "X per day" number of Dungeon Delve chests that they can redeem or anything? This would also help alleviate people's feeling that they need to rush through them when the event is active.

11. I love that you guys added the ability to craft the class dye packs w/ alchemy. The problem, however, is that what looks good on, say, cloth like a wizard, may not look the same on metal like a GF. Will we be able to change the material type or make colors matte/shiny instead of their defaults?

12. Are there any plans to have our chosen deity or city of origin play more of a role in our gameplay?

13. Are there any plans for a sort of "PvEvP" type of event, where teams play against each other to see who can fight off a wave of enemies faster, or who can better defend their tower, etc?

Thanks to all the devs for their hard work!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited August 2013

Thank you for the update.