Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.5

Comments

• Options
    aerynn1aerynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    90% of my guild as already quit and moved on ...

Same problem here.

Boredom and frustration are slowly approaching toxic levels at my end. I'll probably move on after I'm done getting my 2nd alt to lvl 60, and finish up my 3rd crafting lvl 20 unlock. It's a matter of habit for me that I always finish an MMORPG game at least twice, using 2 different classes.

Might head back to SWTOR or DCUO, until TESMMO comes online.

No matter what, I've already squandered my last zen on this game.
  • Options
    milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New Launcher patch broke the game so that it crashes after loading the in-game 'homepage'

I was having the same problem (I think). I noticed that the Select Character screen loads VERY slowly now and if I do not let it load completely the game will crash right after I enter.

On another note. I really expected a patch today to fix some of the things they broke. I was kind of shocked that they did nothing.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    On another note. I really expected a patch today to fix some of the things they broke. I was kind of shocked that they did nothing.

Get used to it, most have by now, i am now starting to believe their phylosophy seems to be : 'Broken' = 'working as intended'

I can guarantee if there was a bug or problem with the Zen shop, it would be fixed faster than you could log onto the forums.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Professions:

Which tasks in alchemy now give solvents? I can't seem to see any change.

Which mass gathering tasks in the armour proffs have changed? They seem the same as before.

Doesn't help that the wording in the patch notes for both these changes is very vague so can't really tell if they screwed up or I'm looking in the wrong place (although I know which my money is on).
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can now gather the base materials in bunches of 10.
  • Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    Sorting is badly broken - not good.

It said in the patch notes that Epic Lvl 60 Dungeons are supposed to be "slightly easier" - but ... they are harder (in my opinion and experience from last night). They were ok as they were, but with more adds and the End-Boss harder to kill - they seem to be more difficult.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was having the same problem (I think). I noticed that the Select Character screen loads VERY slowly now and if I do not let it load completely the game will crash right after I enter.

Wow , so I'm not the only one with this issue , I thought it was just my internet playing up last night , for me the problem is that before the patch the game loaded really fast and smoothly , now it takes ages for the "Cryptic" screen to load , when that finally loads up it then takes ages for the screen that says "Neverwinter" to load then the character select screen takes ages , and if I choose a character and try to enter the game before the character select screen has fully loaded so that it shows my character onscreen the game now times out and goes all the way back to the log in screen .

Edit - Also last night ( 6 hours ago approx) I was suffering from weird lag where other characters and mobs would freeze on screen for maybe a quarter of a second or so on quite a regular basis.
  • Options
    arcaelusarcaelus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Been having the same problems since the patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dreadmaxdreadmax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting "xx" times.

I can't play right now because of this. It says be patient but my patience is running out. I'm stuck with this problem for 8 hours already. Haven't been able to play all day. Anybody else having the same problem? Or can someone from the dev team please respond as to why I'm having this launcher problem. Thank you.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oooh, only 50,000 AD a day profit compared to 200,000! Waaaaaaaah!

Doesn't the fact that you could make 200,000 AD a day PROFIT, tell you how out of balance and economy destroying crafting those Gauntlets actually was!

It's not like this is your REAL LIFE Job, where how much you make actually serves a purpose.

Not really, lots of folks actually don't even have level 20 mailsmith (or even other crafts). Some of them just wanted to buy it, and judging by the fact that I'd see no more than 3-4 reinforced gauntlet sets in the AH, it really wasn't affecting anything. Other than their Zen bank.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Not really, lots of folks actually don't even have level 20 mailsmith (or even other crafts). Some of them just wanted to buy it, and judging by the fact that I'd see no more than 3-4 reinforced gauntlet sets in the AH, it really wasn't affecting anything. Other than their Zen bank.

it does not take a rocket scientist to work out that this is REALY what its all about,

i think the crafting tasks were 'working as intended' right from the start, but because people are leaving the game and quitng now on a near daily basis, obviously their player base is shrinking,
    ALL of this due to there own fault for not fixing bugs and exsploits, feats , etc etc etc plus the fact that every patch that as folowed launch with 'supposed 'fix's' in it, as actualy not fixed a thing, in fact every patch as brought just more bugs and things that dont work right,or most usualy results in more and more broken things in the game. THUS driving more and more people to give up on the game, most just purly fed up of the lack of feedback from PWE and nothing ever being fixed, just more being broken everyday.

So , this as led to a vastly shrinking playerbase, which in turn leads to less customers for their Zen shop, mainly the purchase of Zen itself to transfere into AD, bassicaly less monetary income for them.

So their logic seems to be they are having less and less customers in the Zen shop, and so in their wisdom they are trying to combat this problem ( which of course was all caused by them in the first place ) by making it harder and harder for those players still hanging on to make AD from any easy sources or by any large amounts, thats why the leadersdhip profession had its AD reward nerfed by 50% some weeks ago. lol 50% it worked very fine all through beta , open beta and after launch, but they wait until weeks after launch to decide it is not right, seriously, do they think we are stupid.

So all that we can expect in the future is it is going to be gradualy made harder and harder to make AD in the game at a rising rate to the amount of people leaving the game in the hope to drive people to purchase more with real money from the zen shop
    Am sorry but people are not stupid and many are catching on to the obvious so called fix's very fast. in my opinion, just average casual gamers have certainly alot more sense than the primatives that are running this game at presant

Just to add, i am not some 12 year old kid who plays the game in between doing homework, I am a 49 year old businessman, owner of multiple companys and a invester in others, this said even somone with just a basic business background can clearly see that from a business perspective this game and the way it as 'progressed' since its 'live' launch just defies all business logic..........
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    it does not take a rocket scientist to work out that this is REALY what its all about ...

I find it telling that in the last few days (shortly after the last 'fix'), the auction price for Grandmaster Platesmiths and Grandmaster Tailors have crumbled from 300k to just over 200k.

Cue Nero and his fiddle ...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    aerynn1 wrote: »
    I find it telling that in the last few days (shortly after the last 'fix'), the auction price for Grandmaster Platesmiths and Grandmaster Tailors have crumbled from 300k to just over 200k.

Cue Nero and his fiddle ...

UPDATE: The prices are continuing to nosedive ... some are below 200k now. Some blue tier assets have fallen by more than 50% (ex: as of this post, Platesmiths in my instance have dropped from 65k+ to 33k and still falling).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So its weekend and the time when most games will find a high amount of there player base online.

Its is now sunday 3:00 pm here in the UK, My guild as just over 600 members, and right now there is no one online ?
    Checking roster, and out of those 600 members there as only been 3 people online since friday evening, and 1 of those was my alt !!

I have seen some old friends from 'open beta' online, but they dont stay, its seems alot just log now to collect proff tasks and evocate, then log to another game

It is eerily quite online, even in Protectors Enclave there is nowere near as much activity as the previous weeks.

It makes me sad, this game had so much potential to be great, this game was a gold mine for Cryptic, just a shame they joined with PWE, who are just sucking every last drop of life out of this game to fill there own pockets without any thought or care for the customers along the way. there is no customer care at all, no customer feedback, Gamers have good memories, this will not go forgotten
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    So then the bug wasn't that the platesmithing reinforced arms were bop its that the others were not? So that item can only be used by people with that craft profession. Sucks.

Yeah I agree, crafters need to be able to sell their wares.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I agree, crafters need to be able to sell their wares.

Is'nt selling crafted goods from your grind of lvling up a profession the whole idea about having professions in the first place ?

Otherwise, what is the point that CW's and clerics CAN lvl platesmithing ? Why can GWF's and GF's lvl tailoring ?

If all crafting professions were designed that any end products would be BoP, then why have the professions available for classes to lvl when they can not even use the end products ???????? obviously this was not meant to be, and the last patch is just another major ****up in the endless line of constant ****ups

In fact now since patch, and the so called Fix, what is the point of having crafting professions at all ??????? Why dont you just remove them altogether, it would seem to fit in with your logic LMAO
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    And of course since we're well past page 1 & 2 of this thread, the fora staff are nowhere to be found.

I hope they've got their resumes updated, because this stick-your-head-in-the-sand approach to customer feedback is going to cause Neverwinter to prematurely die out from under them, LONG before its natural market obsolescence.
  • Options
    orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    In all fairness how can they reply ?
    I am pretty sure the vast majority of posts on the forums are actualy read by employee's of PWE and how can they give honest replys to things brought up in posts when they know most are true.
    All they can do is what they are told to do, irelevent of there own opinions
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Here's my prediction for the next patch fix:

* Zen Market: Insult Comic Gnome Companion (purple tier 3) - Watch your alter ego get endlessly heckled by this adorable new companion (who holds no aggro whatsoever, BTW). The comic is also integrated with the Zen market, and will now endlessly recite our daily specials, in between abuse. Level of abuse is inversely proportional to the recipient's level of purchasing on the Zen market. Specially priced for only 4,000 zen, and includes a complementary dye pack. Binds on Pickup. Cannot be discarded or sold. Cannot be slain in non-combat, or targeted by owner with damaging abilities. Slots: feet (kick me), waist (strap-on), hands (burd flipper).

* Zen Market: The long awaited companion training tomes are finally here ! Tier 1 costs 4 million AD, Tier 2 costs 9,000 zen (only available via Zen market). Tier 3 is free, but is only available to our 'special' customers who've purchased at least 20,000 zen, lifetime, via PWE. Also requires completin of all Gauntlgrym content as a prerequisite, along with concurrent membership in no less than 3 guilds (no more than one of which you must be a Co-founder of).

* Zen Market: Lots of minor cosmetic changes, not worth noting.

* Crafting: All green, blue and purple tier crafted items are now BoP, as originally intended.

* Bugfixes: Sorry, we're on vacation. Too bad for you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    orianthi4 wrote: »
    In all fairness how can they reply ?
    I am pretty sure the vast majority of posts on the forums are actualy read by employee's of PWE and how can they give honest replys to things brought up in posts when they know most are true.
    All they can do is what they are told to do, irelevent of there own opinions

The best reply before this **** starts to turn into a D3 forum war of lies. That was a bug, that wasn't intended, it was never intended to do this or that, here's a nerf, there's a buff, no make that a nerf, here's pointless content, buy this, pay this, etc. Proof enough are the new companions they added, one a "rare drop". Who cares? Don't they still die like all other companions minus cat and stone? Thanks for adding that? Not. **** the Ghost, I have stone, I want to see UNSTOPPABLE FIXED ALREADY. Sick of that bug, it's been around since like week two open beta. They're just trying to control market, I too, as mentioned above by others, have seen a pretty significant drop in some AD prices in the AH. Avatar of War helm for 450K? AHAHAHAAHAHAHA.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Here's my prediction for the next patch fix:

* Zen Market: Insult Comic Gnome Companion (purple tier 3) - Watch your alter ego get endlessly heckled by this adorable new companion (who holds no aggro whatsoever, BTW). The comic is also integrated with the Zen market, and will now endlessly recite our daily specials, in between abuse. Level of abuse is inversely proportional to the recipient's level of purchasing on the Zen market. Specially priced for only 4,000 zen, and includes a complementary dye pack. Binds on Pickup. Cannot be discarded or sold. Cannot be slain in non-combat, or targeted by owner with damaging abilities. Slots: feet (kick me), waist (strap-on), hands (burd flipper).

* Zen Market: The long awaited companion training tomes are finally here ! Tier 1 costs 4 million AD, Tier 2 costs 9,000 zen (only available via Zen market). Tier 3 is free, but is only available to our 'special' customers who've purchased at least 20,000 zen, lifetime, via PWE. Also requires completin of all Gauntlgrym content as a prerequisite, along with concurrent membership in no less than 3 guilds (no more than one of which you must be a Co-founder of).

* Zen Market: Lots of minor cosmetic changes, not worth noting.

* Crafting: All green, blue and purple tier crafted items are now BoP, as originally intended.

* Bugfixes: Sorry, we're on vacation. Too bad for you.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH.

* Bug Keepers: Unstoppable remains bugged, so that GWFs can seem somewhat non-OP to players. It's balance.
  • Options
    abramerlinabramerlin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OT Aside: Math follies.

Example: Purple Hero (Leadership Asset) is supposed to give a 50% speed bonus, right ?

* Leadership Task Level 13: Wargames Training. 1 Hero only reduces the duration from 8h to 5h20m (-33.375%) instead of 4h (-50%). Adding a 2nd hero only reduces it to 4h (another -25%) instead of 2h.

Description says "speed increase 50%"
    formula is

Actual_Speed=(Task_Time/(1+Combined_Modifiers))

so in this case:-
    Task_Time = 8hrs
    Combined_Modifiers (1 x Purple hero - 50%)=0.5

Actual_Speed = (8hrs/(1+0.5)) = (8hrs/1.5) = (480mins/1.5) = 320mins = 5Hrs 20 Mins

so 2 Heroes = 4Hrs, 3 Heroes = 3Hrs 12 Mins
    untitled.png?t=1370827869
  • Options
    ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Of course I agree with everything everyone has said. However, I've noticed a lot of people saying that it doesn't make sense that a TR or GWF can do tailoring, but since when does anything about this game use logic. Why do lvl 20 crafting tasks give crafting xp?
  • Options
    ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    never mind i just noticed they fixed that. good job devs. way to fix the important stuff.
  • Options
    chinohatechinohate Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just done the normal Lair of Mad Dragon (lv30-35) and found it's much easier than before. After clearing initial minions, only 4? imps kept spawning and only once at 50% HP, 4-5 devils spawned and that's all. Not even a single magus or healer.

2 of Man-at-arms were tanking mad dragon whole the raiding.

If it's coz of the patch, it's too much nerfed imo.
  • Options
    milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    never mind i just noticed they fixed that. good job devs. way to fix the important stuff.

Wait!!! Are you saying you NO LONGER get crafting XP for level 20 tasks??? Now the game really is fixed. Thank god they finally got to that one.

On a serious note.... Is there any chance that inventory sorting will be fixed sometime soon? It is really annoying. You would think they would just remove the last patch completely due to all the additional bugs it created. It messed up everyone's inventory, increased lag quite a bit, and also introduced a new way to crash the game continuously when you try to log in.
  • Options
    neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just don't get the lack of response from them.
    Even to say.

"Hey guys, that's not fair we try our best."
    "That hurts"
    Or
    "F-Off"

It makes me think that they just don't care for players needs or reactions.
    Maybe this is just one of those games that was planned to fail. They make as much money as they can in whatever amount of time until the player base just walks away shaking their heads saying "Now why they hell did I spend so much time with (or money on) this?"

With the Foundry (which REALLY needs fixing too) this sets this game slightly ahead of others, but even there, very very little communication. And I see post of talented Foundry builders, just giving up and walking away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I understand your feelings and to be honest the majorty feel the same.

I am pretty sure the game was not planned to fail though, in beta it looked awsome, most things actauly worked, lol and most peoples first impressions were this game is alot better than exspected and should go along way, which it should have done,

it as taken a drastic change for the worse all since 'live' launch. I got no idea what as happend but the way the game suddenly changed it feels like all the development staff just upped and quit on launch and left a skeleton crew behind , whom have no idea what there doing, since launch everything that as been 'touched' for a fix as been broken even more or as broken other things that were not even conected to the original bug or fault, lol

I know there is some hype about the module 1 patch and more content, but if the last few months are anything to go by , i am certainly not looking forward to it, i dread to think of all the new bugs, exploits, broken gear, broken content even broken UI all stacking on top of all the faults , bugs and broken things we already have. It just looks to me to like a 'disaster waiting to happen'
  • Options
    baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was Bastion of Health's time reduced this patch? It's down to 14.3 for me, which is awesome and makes it a viable healing option.

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • Options
    orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    Was Bastion of Health's time reduced this patch? It's down to 14.3 for me, which is awesome and makes it a viable healing option.

Hmm strange, there is nothing at all in the patch notes , but on checking my own Bastion of Health's CD is alot lower than before, it is now at 12,6 secs . i am pretty sure it was at least 15 secs before patch,
    however it is definatly now usable, although it could be a bug lol
This discussion has been closed.