test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.5

Comments

• orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    What the hell have you done with the tiger mount ????????????? it worked and looked perfectly fine before, now, stood still it looks same as it did pre patch, but when moving, my characters are hovering over it in the air, and not just Halflings, my human and Tiefling are the same, it now looks down right stupid.

Soo you completly mess up professions too, as you say they 'Not working as intended' LMAO, They was working perfectly fine pre patch, now there totaly worthless to lvl,

Hows about you fix all the character Feats and tier set bonus's, that everybody agrees are 'not working as intended' and have not been working as intended since the game went live 3 months ago ! ! ! ! and thats without mentioning the 100's of bugs and stuff that dont work as there suposed to since beta.

Every patch just drives more of your player base away, my guild as over 600 members, 1 month ago there was alaways 50+ people online, now i am realy suprised if i see 5 online, even at weekends.
    seriously, gold would turn to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in your hands, hows about you leave everything alone for a change until you employ somone who actualy knows what they are doing .............
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    'seriously, gold would turn to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in your hands, hows about you leave everything alone for a change until you employ somone who actualy knows what they are doing .............'

i could'nt agree more, pretty much sums it up for me, dead game inc
  • bryweyhxbryweyhx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The solution is simple, we all DDOS the game and make them spend our money to fixc their servers and get new IP addresses.=)
  • jose777twjose777tw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    delete...sorry
  • milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its not all bad. At least now the barrels and chest you get from Leadership will stack so you don't lose all that room in your inventory. What a huge improvement. It almost redefines the game as we knew it. I always just opened them as I got them, but I'm sure there is some reason to stack them. Very important fix. Thank you.

Now I can't sort anything, every time I go to log on the name field is full of random numbers, and I am rubberbanding like crazy. Seriously, try testing things out first before you change them in the game. I know I said this already in another post, but it really is just that important.

I will say that the ghost companion does sound fun, but at $20 a pop I will have to pass on that one too. Companions have no survivability. I got a free lvl 20 cleric on every character I have by joining IGN prime for $6 or $7 (most helpful companion leveling up). You would think it would be the same with a Zen companion since they cost $20 or $30 each. You should get it on every character on the account that equips it and if you unbind it all characters lose it at the same time (If they ever put that in place).

Speaking of companions makes me wonder what a mess it will be when we can finally upgrade and also unbind our pets. I bet that one will suck the money right out of our wallets. I assume they will do something stupid and make it cost almost as much as it does to buy a new one.

And for those who think the companions are so useful.... Why are Zen companions one of the rarest thing on the AH. No one sells them (not counting the Stone).

Sorry all. The whole companion thing just bugs me. If they made them useful I would buy them, but they just don't know how to make money. The companion doesn't need to be immortal, but it should live longer than 3 seconds. Beef them up a bit and let us control how aggressive they are so we can chose if they fight or just give support. If it is healing and pulls agro that is my own problem and I have to try and keep it alive, but when it just rushes in and gets killed immediately, or just stands in the AOE until it dies it is a waste of money.

Stop adding companions to the game and start fixing some of the things that are broken.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow. The Foundry has had many MAJOR bugs since PRE-Open Beta, and what do we get fixed?

Nothing. :mad:

• Not even the majority of Detail objects that claim to be 1'x1'x1' in size?
      • Nobody (an intern? somebody's visiting school kid?) could fix the #%@! descriptions?
    • Or the patrol speeds?
    • Or the mouse freeze?
    • Or duplicating maps bug?
    • Or the transition to a Cryptic map drops quest bug?
    • Or the #%@! Teleporter rotation/offsets/relative bug(s)?
    • Or the Invert Visibility Ifs bug?
    • Or Water/other planes displaying above and not intersecting with terrain in 2d editor?
    • Or Optional/Side Quests
    • Or Dialogs displaying (invalid) responses when required item not possessed?
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You realize you can make purple pants and shirts. Of course, those take dragon eggs, which means more money for them. With the 60% chance <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, with max assets, they will be raking money in, if anyone wants to craft regularly. Dragon eggs everywhere. They know exactly what they are doing. That's why I log in to pray, do leadership, then leave.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • felandrisfelandris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guys.. we're talking about PWE here, they're known for this kind of business mechanic. And no matter how much you rant at Cryptic, they will never do anything, why? Because it's their business agreement with PWE. If Cryptic has chosen a different publisher, who knows what could happen? Maybe they'll go for a different cash-grab mechanic instead of making professions completely useless.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aerynn1 wrote: »
    I finished TES4 & TES5 multiple times each ... sadly, from experience, their QA track record (esp for the PS3) wasn't much better than PWE's appears to be, which has blunted my expectations quite a bit.

Still room to be pleasantly surprised however.

The thing is though that Zenimax are actually having a real (GASP!) actual closed beta , you know , a proper one , not just some "early access" nonsense , not just a few weeks long either but an extensive closed beta with a gradually growing playerbase that they are using to iron out any major bugs that are found so that when open beta comes about they should have something that is recognisable as a playable and fun game, not saying that the game will be completely bug free but I'm pretty sure that players of that game will have to put up with nowhere near as much <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and BS excuses that we do...
  • galagargalagar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    The thing is though that Zenimax are actually having a real (GASP!) actual closed beta , you know , a proper one , not just some "early access" nonsense , not just a few weeks long either but an extensive closed beta with a gradually growing playerbase that they are using to iron out any major bugs that are found so that when open beta comes about they should have something that is recognisable as a playable and fun game, not saying that the game will be completely bug free but I'm pretty sure that players of that game will have to put up with nowhere near as much <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and BS excuses that we do...

This ^^

Can't wait for TESO...

So sick of PWE/Cryptic
  • tankingspanktankingspank Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thanks for the sucka$$ patch, tier 2's are crazy now, respawn time is to quick, time to go back to rift
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You realize you can make purple pants and shirts. Of course, those take dragon eggs, which means more money for them. With the 60% chance <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, with max assets, they will be raking money in, if anyone wants to craft regularly. Dragon eggs everywhere. They know exactly what they are doing. That's why I log in to pray, do leadership, then leave.

When I hit 20 leader (almost there), might be doing more of this...
  • maddogrenomaddogreno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After this LAST patch are SORT:ing not working properly any more. :-(
  • mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sorting has now been broken with this. ty
  • cyrdecyrde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited July 2013
    Gateway sorting is messed up (rare missions / recipes between regular ones - they just sort by level, not rarity). And forced language setting? So native english speaking players living outside their home are forced to use german language on the gateway? Please add a button to switch the preferred language for the gateway system.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Deleted my post, classy.

What was the reason? Is "pointing out the developer's incompetence" not allowed now? Did I hurt someone's feelings?

What a joke.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The change to crafting is going to make people suspect that its only purpose is to make people less able to earn AD from crafting, thus increase the Zen->AD conversion, meaning more Zen purchases.

However, I think this will backfire - with crafting professions much less profitable profitable than before (I expect my profits will go from 200.000 AD/day to 50.000 AD/day), it means that fewer people will bother to level professions, and buy the profession packs.

Not to mention that some people will feel annoyed and play less than before. Personally I am approaching the point where I don't really feel motivated to do more than log in once per day to invoke to gather my Ardent coins - I really want that 360 coin angel, but I'm really not playing - and I am certainly not spending more money for now (and I have spent over $200 so far - I guess PWE doesn't want more of my money).
    Hoping for improvements...
  • aerynn1aerynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »

Thanks for the cogent and informative heads up.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New Launcher patch broke the game so that it crashes after loading the in-game 'homepage'
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    qozziemoto wrote: »
    Anyone else have a bug now that you cant SORT items in your bags?
    Yes and it was (and yet is) on the public test server too since they were testing this new patch so I am not sure if it is a "bug" or something "working how intended":p
    edited July 2013
    OT Aside: Math follies.

Example: Purple Hero (Leadership Asset) is supposed to give a 50% speed bonus, right ?

* Leadership Task Level 13: Wargames Training. 1 Hero only reduces the duration from 8h to 5h20m (-33.375%) instead of 4h (-50%). Adding a 2nd hero only reduces it to 4h (another -25%) instead of 2h.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OT Aside: Math follies.

Example: Purple Hero (Leadership Asset) is supposed to give 50% speed bonus, right ?

Yes, and it does.

Basic math.

50% speed increase means a 33.33..% decrease in time. 100% speed increase means a 50% decrease in time.

Working as it should.

Think of it this way - if you move twice as fast (100% speed increase) it takes half the time to reach your destination.

There are many, many flaws in the game, but this is not one of them.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited July 2013
    I should know better than to try to count fingers and toes before morning coffee and pain meds. :p
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    The change to crafting is going to make people suspect that its only purpose is to make people less able to earn AD from crafting, thus increase the Zen->AD conversion, meaning more Zen purchases.

However, I think this will backfire - with crafting professions much less profitable profitable than before (I expect my profits will go from 200.000 AD/day to 50.000 AD/day), it means that fewer people will bother to level professions, and buy the profession packs.

Not to mention that some people will feel annoyed and play less than before. Personally I am approaching the point where I don't really feel motivated to do more than log in once per day to invoke to gather my Ardent coins - I really want that 360 coin angel, but I'm really not playing - and I am certainly not spending more money for now (and I have spent over $200 so far - I guess PWE doesn't want more of my money).

Yep, basically summarized my thoughts on the matter of this "wasn't intended" business with the reinforced gauntlets. They must think we're all completely stupid.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, 14 pages of WHINE in one day. You guys are getting me fat, having to eat all this Velveeta "Cheese" to go with this Whine that makes Mogen David and Thunderbird palatable.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oooh, only 50,000 AD a day profit compared to 200,000! Waaaaaaaah!

Doesn't the fact that you could make 200,000 AD a day PROFIT, tell you how out of balance and economy destroying crafting those Gauntlets actually was!

It's not like this is your REAL LIFE Job, where how much you make actually serves a purpose.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    •Tiger mount rider position adjusted slightly to look better.

WHY!!! why touch things that are not broken !! are you all complete muppets, there is plenty in the game which is broken, and has been broken for a long time, so why try to fix the tiger mount that was not even broken in the first place???

i bought my mount 2 days ago, for 3500 zen and it looked great , stood still and moving i was very happy with it, , now post patch, after the suposed 'look better' fix, it looks totaly stupid on the move, all my characters are not even sat on it anymore, they all float above it, it looks absolutly stupid,
    i seriously want my Zen back, i bought and paid for a perfectly fine and working mount, since my purchase YOU guys have ****ed it up, this is NOT what i paid for,

virtual or real items it dont matter, when real currency is involved the customer has rights.
  • sogronnwosogronnwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    - feats bugged and pigeon-holed
    - powers bugged and pigeon-holed
    - setbonuses bugged and seriously imbalanced compared to others of the same class
    - descriptions of most things are vague as hell and a lot state false things
    - itemization is pigeon-holed
    - economy is ruined by bots
    - PvP broken, class imbalance, exploits, ruined by bots
    - PvE broken, class imbalance, whole paragon trees useless, exploits, unusable dungeon finder tool, lack of epic skirmishes and related daily quest, lack of daily epic dungeon (any) quest.
    - Foundry broken, players are not rewarded properly, and authors aren't given proper tools
    - XP rewards are ridiculous, we have to play 3 characters with planned routes to 60 to play all contents, revisiting low-level content is either impossible or made uncomfortable.

You must be aware of these issues otherwise you're knee deep man. And in light of this you had people working on THIS patch?

When will you start communicating? We know nothing about what you think about the plethora of problems we fill the forums with. Bugs and bad mechanics break the game for a lot of players and when they turn to the forums for encouragement to keep playing they see nothing that resembles PR. Seriously?
    There's a topic about known issues on preview. Why isn't there one about live? At least list it so we know you know. Don't be embarrassed by the length of such a list. Be embarrassed about keeping your players in the dark.

P.S.: inb4 your next magic trick of a patch note, where you add companion and mount dyes to the Zen store, fix companion bias toward augment pets by making them vulnerable too, all the while still ignoring the above list of issues.
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sogronnwo wrote: »
    - feats bugged and pigeon-holed
    - powers bugged and pigeon-holed
    - setbonuses bugged and seriously imbalanced compared to others of the same class
    - descriptions of most things are vague as hell and a lot state false things
    - itemization is pigeon-holed
    - economy is ruined by bots
    - PvP broken, class imbalance, exploits, ruined by bots
    - PvE broken, class imbalance, whole paragon trees useless, exploits, unusable dungeon finder tool, lack of epic skirmishes and related daily quest, lack of daily epic dungeon (any) quest.
    - Foundry broken, players are not rewarded properly, and authors aren't given proper tools
    - XP rewards are ridiculous, we have to play 3 characters with planned routes to 60 to play all contents, revisiting low-level content is either impossible or made uncomfortable.

You must be aware of these issues otherwise you're knee deep man. And in light of this you had people working on THIS patch?

When will you start communicating? We know nothing about what you think about the plethora of problems we fill the forums with. Bugs and bad mechanics break the game for a lot of players and when they turn to the forums for encouragement to keep playing they see nothing that resembles PR. Seriously?
    There's a topic about known issues on preview. Why isn't there one about live? At least list it so we know you know. Don't be embarrassed by the length of such a list. Be embarrassed about keeping your players in the dark.

P.S.: inb4 your next magic trick of a patch note, where you add companion and mount dyes to the Zen store, fix companion bias toward augment pets by making them vulnerable too, all the while still ignoring the above list of issues.

Great post, grats on your work, so hows about some answers dev's !!!
    Totaly ignoring the obvious and deliberatly NOT answering, keeping all you playerbase in the dark everytime there are problems is down right ignorant, i have never known a game in all my years of playing MMO's that treats its customers like this.

Your actualy killing the game yourselves.
    as of today i quit, there is just nothing worth loging on for anymore, 90% of my guild as already quit and moved on, even if i wanted to play, there is no one online and 90% of the game is broken and gets more broken with every so called 'FIX' patch, that just breaks even more.

Grats PWE, youy have managed to make a sow's ear out of what was a silk purse, unbelievable..........
    edited July 2013
    Non-sequitur: On the bug involving the available tasks list under a given profession occasionally only listing rares sans common tasks, this WORKAROUND sometimes resets the problem ... try selecting either abort or 'finish now' on one of your existing (in-process) crafting tasks in the professions overview display, and then returning to the desired task list. If that doesnt work, try switching characters and then switching back, with or without re-logging in/out. I've had intermittent but reasonable success with both methods.

Addendum: Another workaround I've had success with is to simply queue one of the rare tasks in an empty slot (if you have one), and then promptly abort it ... that seems to reset the problem too.
This discussion has been closed.