What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.5

Comments

• kuma972kuma972 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guys, read the full explanation.
    Professions

Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended. If there are any mailed or in the Auction Hall, they will become bound to the next character who picks them up.
    (emphasis added)

So, it's not the crafter it binds to, but the first person the crafter gives it to.

Your high-level crafter making goodies for your guild-mates is still useful - you just need to be a bit more careful who you sell/give it to.
  • pasainpasain Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2013
    kuma972 wrote: »
    (emphasis added)

So, it's not the crafter it binds to, but the first person the crafter gives it to.

Your high-level crafter making goodies for your guild-mates is still useful - you just need to be a bit more careful who you sell/give it to.

Erm..

It is two sentences. The first states the item will be bound to the crafter.
    The second states the item currently on the AH or in the mail will be bound to the first character to touch them..
  • aerynn1aerynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aerynn1 wrote:
    I haven't seen a single reply by forum staff in ANY of the patch commentary threads I've skimmed to date

Crossed posts with ...
    sominator wrote: »
    Totally on our radar {edit by aerynn1: the alchemy leveling freeze}. We're working on it presently and hope to have a fix soon. :)

Seeing a lone reply, even though it only covers one item among many, seems like small step in the right direction.

Hopefully we'll see more of the same on other issues of equal import, deeper into this thread, and the many threads that have preceded it.

Non-sequitur: On the bug involving the available tasks list under a given profession occasionally only listing rares sans common tasks, this WORKAROUND sometimes resets the problem ... try selecting either abort or 'finish now' on one of your existing (in-process) crafting tasks in the professions overview display, and then returning to the desired task list. If that doesnt work, try switching characters and then switching back, with or without re-logging in/out. I've had intermittent but reasonable success with both methods.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dnosrc wrote: »
    If you intend to make them BoP ... why on Earth would you allow crafters to craft Arms they cant use?
    Seriously i dont know what your programmers are doing ...

Ha, yeah, this too. Biggest screw-up I've seen in this game so far (see my rant a page or two before this one). Completely idiotic, and an obvious cash-grab on the part of the devs, which disappoints me. I forgot too I can craft items for clerics, which I can't use now under my GWF for crafting. Pointless. Completely ruins this aspect of level 20 crafting, completely. It's easy, as I already stated, to see the reasoning. And that's that we can make good AD off of it with less effort and no mats. It can take a long time (upwards of a day if you don't have fast craftsmen), but still, kind of the point of getting to 20 was to do this. Really stupid movie, so obviously a way to control the market as part of your overall pay-to-play (for some people) business model. Great way to make us hard-workers have to do more work. Thanks.
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kuma972 wrote: »
    (emphasis added)

You are completely reading that wrong.

It talks about if there are any items on the AH or in the mail. THOSE will bind to the next character.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyway, just another completely useless patch. Nothing major has been fixed. PvP has not been addressed.

It's just getting worse and worse.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • aerynn1aerynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aladnis wrote: »
    Anyway, just another completely useless patch. Nothing major has been fixed. PvP has not been addressed.

It's just getting worse and worse.

Essentially true - this latest release appears to be causing more grief and frustration than it resolved.

I've purchased my last zen for this game, and I'll probably pack it in soon and move on to something that's better managed and more responsive to customers.
  • vetcorevetcore Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since reinforcing is boe make it so a lvl 20 can reinforce all armor parts not just gloves , makes sence for the time and effort to lvl to 20 lvl.
  • whispurswhispurs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is Neverwinter going to fix the exploits some of the players are using on their characters that is giving the other players the disadvantage in pvp?
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    whispurs wrote: »
    Is Neverwinter going to fix the exploits some of the players are using on their characters that is giving the other players the disadvantage in pvp?

Such as? Please be detailed.
  • damnoxz11damnoxz11 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really, no Stalwart Bulwark set piece fix?
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I saw more things in the patch notes I didn't even know were problems than actual problems. PvP is still broken but at least my Ioun Stone no longer casts shadows of mysterious people. >_> Can't wait to see the "updated" Lurker's animation either.
  • danfixdanfix Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    No fix to the insanely broken and OP Perfect Thunderhead Enchantment that stun locks anyone in melee range of the exploiter.

No fix to Castle Never dungeon running of the first and last portions by Rogues, even though they claimed they fixed it last patch.

Still a ton of imbalance in PvP such as Greater Tenebrous making Sentinel GWFs, GFs, and permastealth Rogues ridiculously OP.

Yup, another useless patch from Cryptic.

Total and absolute agreement. Without doubt, the worst PVP ever.
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Still wondering why the HTML formatting for history is broken and why they haven't fixed it yet. :|
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    srazy wrote: »
    Really? So only lv 20 prof people can use reinforced, if thats the case then the bonus should be far greater than a few points, it takes 2 day to make them to get only a measly buff.

Agreed. You nailed it.
  • greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited July 2013
    Lovely, so this patch ruins crafting. Seriously, is Cryptic trying to drive off the customer base? Maybe I should ask for a refund on the zen I just purchased. I'd be better off going back to Second Life.
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Lovely, so this patch ruins crafting. Seriously, is Cryptic trying to drive off the customer base? Maybe I should ask for a refund on the zen I just purchased. I'd be better off going back to Second Life.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Second Life?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! *snort*

(Nothing against you, just.. Second Life.. Hahaha..)
  • domushdomush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why are some of the patch notes the same as last patch? Were the fixes not applied as promised in last patch? Can we trust they are applied in this one?

Why so few fixes for GWF? The unstoppable activation bug is a big deal, yet still no fix. Try fighting for 40 mins to get to a boss when unstoppable magically stops activating, then you'll agree just how big of a deal that bug is.
  • greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited July 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Second Life?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! *snort*

I think you got my point nicely... When even that crappy game is starting to look good by comparison.... yeah...
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's easy, as I already stated, to see the reasoning. And that's that we can make good AD off of it

That's easily fixed.

Make Gold the currency for player-to-player trading.

Make AD the currency for Player-To-Company trading, via conversion to Zen.

This issue has only arisen because of Cryptic/PWE's greed in want people to pay real life money to buy Zen to convert to AD to buy virtual tat on the AH.

Once again Bean-Counter-Greed ruins what could and should have been a brilliant game.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    •Feat – Healing Action: Now can also affects Heal over time effects. ???

Can we please have this in English, or at least make sense

•Miracle Healer's Set: Description changed to be "Your encounter powers cause a nearby ally to be healed for 5% of your maximum HP." This now correctly reflects the effect of the power. This is only a tooltip change.

Does this mean the 4 set actualy works now ??? or is it just a tool tip change.
    edited July 2013
    Devs. ANSWER.

Why is HTML formatting for history still broken? Why have you not fixed this?
  • croffilecroffile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Totally on our radar. We're working on it presently and hope to have a fix soon. :)

Glad to see it is being worked on. Although sominator, stay away from the Unstable Potions will ya? We want "Stable-Fixes"! <('.'<)
    asailorsadventure.png
    Shortcode copy: NW-DFQEQQ8H6
  • harplesharples Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    I'm so glad i allready bought my reinforced bracers from the ah......
  • dd93dd93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice patch, a step forward and in the right direction, keep up the good work.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice! Hope now we can do more t1 dungeons whitout having to buy the t1 gear first. Nice changes on companions I"ll test my jagged blade after the patch :)
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dd93 wrote: »
    Nice patch, a step forward and in the right direction, keep up the good work.

Did you read it? Or did you mean a step forward and two back? Are you being sarcastic? I don't understand... Surely you weren't sincere. That would be counterproductive-- kind of like crafting.
  • dd93dd93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Did you read it? Or did you mean a step forward and two back? Are you being sarcastic? I don't understand... Surely you weren't sincere. That would be counterproductive-- kind of like crafting.

I wasn't being sarcastic i was being serious, it's a free-to-play game, can't expect rainbows out of arses, with patches like this i am happy, because it rarely comes good with free-to-plays. Plus i am easily pleased, think what you will. ^^
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Older Knight Captain's items are now named Antiquated Knight Captain's items to clearly indicate they are not part of the Knight Captain's set, and that these two sets are not interchangeable.
    LOL. Guess it was too much to ask that the GF T1 set bugs would get fixed properly. I suppose this is going to be the case with the stalwart prepatch items as well?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • alagos77alagos77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    swarfega27 wrote: »
    So what pray tell is the incentive for all the mis-matched professions/class armor types out there now? How was this rocket-surgeon change supposed to improve anything?

Wizards with leatherworking, GWF with tailoring etc have next to zero purpose. Was there some form of notice to inform them they should not proceed with thier craft if they intended to trade for their reinforced arms?

AT THE VERY LEAST as soon as PW was aware this was not intended for the love of all things fair SAY SO!!! so people do not invest into something which will not be staying.

There is more dev talk on welcoming a new player than information of what is not WAI and an future patch will fix.

Thumbs down. Idiotic change with next to zero notice.

Well, it was probably too much work for the game to remember socket and binding status and restore that after crafting. You could unbind used items with this which is probably what they want to prevent. Just glad I put my last reinforced arms up for sale a few hours ago.. hope they sell else I'm stuck with them ;)
This discussion has been closed.