test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.5

Comments

• katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whoa whoa hold up, what is this?
    Deflection Severity: This value now displays correctly for all classes. Previously, it would show 25% for Trickster Rogues, instead of the correct 75%.
    Is this supposed to be a joke?
    BY WHAT POSSIBLE TRAIN OF LOGIC DOES THIS EVEN BEGIN TO MAKE ANY SENSE? Why the **** would rogues have 25% higher deflection severity than other classes?
    **** everything.
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you know it takes several months (more now since they nerfed leadership last patch) to get leadership to 20.
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    you know it takes several months (more now since they nerfed leadership last patch) to get leadership to 20.

And it's any less relevant than a profession you can't use at all now? Why spend time and effort in Tailoring, when you can't build the end pieces for people to use? People level other professions to use them to make money. I did it with Mailsmithing, so I could re-use my hammers and anvils, yet as of this patch, I can't make any DC or GWF items that anyone would use, so why bother leveling it? Oh, 'cos it's at 18 and all the others are level 1, save Alchemy which is level 2 and bugged.
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was responding to the guy who said it was not a problem and you could just level your armor type, alchemy and leadership to 20 to unlock the last 2 slots
  • galagargalagar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They REALLY don't want me to play ... The F over crafting, they Ignore pvp, and .... I CANT EVEN LOGIN NOW !!! I FORCED VERIFY AND NOTHING!!!
  • milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    [*]Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended. If there are any mailed or in the Auction Hall, they will become bound to the next character who picks them up.

I got to get in game and cancel the reinforced miracle healer gauntlets I was making for my alt.
  • cmgeloneckcmgeloneck Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bekey2nd wrote: »
    "as intended"

Stop throwing that meager excuse around. What's next, huh? Also on another note, how the hell did you manage to mess up the gateway, again???

bzfVjYr.png

Mind you, this is a level 30 character so there's NO chance that all slots would be unlocked. And if you look in the top left corner you see "2 out of 5 tasks complete", but where are they?

Can't do anything in the gateway, good job cryptic, yet again. Good job. :cool:

^ this...............
  • conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited July 2013
    This is good news... I got my tailoring to lvl 20 yesterday and today it was NERFED
  • harley013harley013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can not wait for Elder Scrolls mmo
  • aerynn1aerynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cmgeloneck wrote: »
    ^ this...............

^^ Oh, they probably broke it when they added the new level progress numerical popup to that screen (a stealth change that doesn't seem to appear in the patch notes).

Blame it on the QA team they forgot to hire ... heaven forbid that the marketing people should lose any time on the golf course by the need to hire such.
    edited July 2013
    harley013 wrote: »

I finished TES4 & TES5 multiple times each ... sadly, from experience, their QA track record (esp for the PS3) wasn't much better than PWE's appears to be, which has blunted my expectations quite a bit.

Still room to be pleasantly surprised however.
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    harley013 wrote: »

Yep. It was a good try, PWE.
    edited July 2013
    At least PWE got the part about dragons flying forwards correct.

Ok, back on topic ...

Ah, the joy of watching 7 purple Hero assets grinding away in futility, trying to push badly nerfed Leadership from 19 to 20. It took me less time to level mailsmithing from 1 to 20 than it took me to push Leadership from 19 to 19.5 ... and with a quarter as many assets too. Brutal.

Holy imbalance Batman:

* Leadership Task Level 14: War Games Training (8 hrs -> 240 Leadership XP)
    * Mailsmithing Task Level 15: Ornate Chain Pants (1 hr -> 500 Mailsmithing XP)

Eight times the time for less than half the progress reward. So much fun. And the latest patch propagates the same imbalance ...

* Tailoring Task Level 14: Intensive Scrap Gathering (8 hrs -> 800 Tailoring XP)

All the crafting tasks now have twice as many high-paying overnight tasks as before, and they all pay more than three times as much profession XP as comparable tasks in Leadership do.

Clearly, the reason they nerfed leadership was to reduce crafted AD income, as a means to increase pressure on people to buy zen for lockbox keys and profession packs.

Remember: F2P is just the shiny flip side of Pay2Win.
  • blazenarblazenar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm having the same issue with gateway. Also when I select a profession, all the tasks listed show my current amount of materials I have on my character with no indication of how many it costs to do the recipe (in gateway). Even when I select the task, under "Materials Consumed" it lists my 225 vitriols... I sure hope it doesn't use that many to make one aqua vitae...
    edited July 2013
    Are you accessing the gateway via a PC Browser, or via a Smartphone Browser ? Knowing that, along with browser brand/version info might help any Devs who surf by.
  • qozziemotoqozziemoto Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone else have a bug now that you cant SORT items in your bags?
    edited July 2013
    qozziemoto wrote: »
    Anyone else have a bug now that you cant SORT items in your bags?

C'mon, you know the old adage, "if it ain't broke, break it." :P
  • qozziemotoqozziemoto Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    True ture 8))
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well quite obviously the patch was not to fix anything at all, the more broken things must have happened by mistake, again !

The patch was primaly to introduce a new companion into the Zen shop, first and formost. lol and make it only available with Zen, which means more real money for them........

They just nerfed Professions to ****off even more of there player base, which seems to be their main goal in every patch...

I keep trying to understand their business logic behind every patch, but the answer still eludes me
    edited July 2013
    freshour wrote: »
    I also love how you skip the 40 relevant posts and the staff guys reply to the one person who says nice job. I've never seen good come out of ignoring the majority.

Well said.

I've got 5 AD that says the new ghost companion is actually a rendering of the lone real-life QA grunt who died at his/her desk early on in the alpha stage, and who was never resurrected or replaced by PWE. It's an easter egg, for sure.

Any takers ?
    edited July 2013
    aerynn1 wrote: »
    Well said.

I've got 5 AD that says the new ghost companion is actually a rendering of the lone real-life QA grunt who died at his/her desk early on in the alpha stage, and who was never resurrected or replaced by PWE. It's an easter egg, for sure.

Any takers ?

Doubt that. They gave me half of the AD that just disappeared from my account as a "one time courtesy" a couple of weeks ago, so I know they've got at least one living QA person. Sadly, it happened again, last night, but I've already used my "one time courtesy." Fair warning. There's some kind of bug when you use the Wondrous Bazaar that will make AD disappear from your account, after you purchase something. You won't get your purchase either. 4k AD for two scrolls of ID that never appeared in my inventory.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hendy69310 wrote: »
    CN is fixed ?

Nah they obviously prefer people to just 4 men CN and exploit it , who needs endgame challenge ?!
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
    edited July 2013
    methuselas wrote: »
    Doubt that. They gave me half of the AD that just disappeared from my account as a "one time courtesy" a couple of weeks ago, so I know they've got at least one living QA person. Sadly, it happened again, last night, but I've already used my "one time courtesy." Fair warning. There's some kind of bug when you use the Wondrous Bazaar that will make AD disappear from your account, after you purchase something. You won't get your purchase either. 4k AD for two scrolls of ID that never appeared in my inventory.

Don't confuse customer service or tech support with QA ... they're not related. For that matter, QA is also very different depending on whether you're talking about the commercial sector, or the defense contracting sector, but I'm sure that's TMI for the needs of this thread ...
  • threstonthreston Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dnosrc wrote: »
    If you intend to make them BoP ... why on Earth would you allow crafters to craft Arms they cant use?
    Seriously i dont know what your programmers are doing ...

sadly, neither do they
  • reaperman11reaperman11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PvP level scaling has been adjusted so that you should not see a damage decrease in certain conditions?

Yah I've seen this more than once while leveling my TR in a lot of my pvp matches.

Stealth -> Lurkers Assault Rnk3->Lashing Blade Rnk3

AND ...

hits for 600

thanks for the patch.

stealth is my main condition! ;_; also anyone know any good TR guides/etc/combat advantage links?
  • milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ah such a waste of time. I focused all my crafting energy on one character and leveled his crafting to 20 in a few professions because I didn't want to be mailing assets back and forth all the time. So useless. I have reached a quiet calm with this game now. There is no need for me to rant because no one cares. I will just keep wasting time on this game until I decide to go somewhere else. That time is fast approaching.

I WILL NOT level another character's profession to 20 just to get a stupid buff on ONE SINGLE piece of armor. Seriously, get real. I have all the assets to do it. I just don't want to waste the time and all the materials again. If I was able to reinforce all pieces of armor then I would agree that this is a smart change. As it stands now it was just a stupid thing to patch. I do not understand the logic behind it.Thank god I saw the patch notes and was able to cancel the reinforcement I was doing for my alt or I would be stuck with a 200k piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Just a little advice for the developers.
    1. Start using that testing shard before you patch anything. Every patch breaks something else that could have easily been avoided if you just TESTED it first.
    2. Start worrying about the MAJOR problems in the game and leave little things like reinforced armor for another day.

Your game is losing its appeal. I don't want to run dungeons because your idea of an epic fight is just keep having adds run in and spam huge AOE's all over the place so there is nowhere safe. One ability knocks you down and at the same time the boss one shots you because his AOE is even bigger. Add some strategic challenges to the instance instead of continuing to add adds. Try one boss and two very strong adds that have to be separated and controlled or something like that.

I don't want to PVP because it is so unbalanced and glitchy. I don't want to run Gaunt because I can spend an hour in there and if I don't get into the PVP due to queue issues BEYOND MY CONTROL (even though I don't want to PVP I still do for the coins) I get ABSOULTELY nothing for my time. This has happened to me many times now.

So all that is left is leveling alts. For now I am working on it, but there are those days, like today, where I don't even bother playing. That means I will be moving on soon, which is a shame because I really thought I found a gem of a game here, but all we really have is a polished <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and each patch removes a bit more of the shine.

Last rant.... Seriously???? You finally add a epic healer and it is a random drop from ZEN store stuff. If you could just buy it I would have seriously considered it.
  • gamespeakgamespeak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tiger mount rider position adjusted slightly to look better

This Looks completely Stupid for Haflings riding the mount now. I'm not even sitting on the mount I'm like hovering over it...

Please Fix for Halflings
    Boss = 60 Guardian
    Mad Hatter = 60 Rogue
    Foundry "Zombie Survival - Nightmare" NW-DRBK6WNML
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ya I'm sorry but that Reinforced change was dumb as all hell. You should have kept it as is. Now you have a plethora of players who honestly don't want to go into professions. What is the point into going through 3 or more professions?
  • warromasterwarromaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    oh my god!!! What had u did with dungeons?? really you think it s easyer than before....you re "fixing" bugs, but seems you are only making game boring.
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Every time you release a patch you take away something that made the game fun to play. You know it s not our to job to play this, right? People are already getting bored of not recieving anything from you and moving to other games, an empty mmo is a dead game
This discussion has been closed.