werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dreadheart wrote: »
    Will the level cap change?

no.
    /ten char
    21.jpg
  • Options
    michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited July 2013
    I'll ride into battle on a majestic unicorn, I don't give a ****.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Daily quests is a nice addition to end game content.
  • Options
    gothicgirl9gothicgirl9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    is there any place I can go to to check for information about the feywild pack purchasing errors .please as far as I can tell im doing everything right .. but keeps giving me errors ..saying it can't complete the purchase now it says I've tried to many time and im locked out ..if you know where I can go for latest info on it please post a link thank you :)
  • Options
    ironman0001ironman0001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can understand about charging for a module, but for a race and the only way to get it is 60 dollars??? That's a bit wrong. Also is it just me or do they look just like the other elves? So what's next? Take back that they said they are going to give us Drow 60 days after launch? Guess we'll have to buy a 60 dollar pack for that one too huh?

Ok, enough of that from me then....but seriously, will we be able to purchase just the race and will we have to purchase the Drow when they finally release them (more interested in the dark elf race)?
  • Options
    beriad1beriad1 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll ride into battle on a majestic unicorn, I don't give a ****.

right? unicorn is sweet! can't wait to get mine, put my spider to sleep.
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    thejokerx30thejokerx30 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i purchased the pack so do i have to wait all the way until august so i can use it? if so i wished that was clear bcause i would have waited :/
  • Options
    derspenglerderspengler Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I forgot about the new playable race. Question for all those Hero of the North buyers.... Was the Drow useful in any way? I'm not asking if it was worth the $200, because it clearly was not. I am asking if the racial ability made the race worth playing.

Nope, it's purely cosmetic. I haven't noticed any actual benefit from the racials and there aren't any classes that would benefit from both stat bonuses (either pair). That's for the best, though, there isn't really anything you could give them that would be both worth over $100 AND wouldn't trigger mass howling of "PAY TO WIN!". This way no one can accuse us of anything other than paying for digital bling.

OTOH they look cool (too bad I *think* they're going to put in "regular" drow, can't imagine how they'd look different), the battle spider purple mount saves a lot of time being available as soon as you hit 20, the blue weapon saves time getting to 20, you get three extra slots to make profession farmers if nothing else and the huge stack of AD does help if you've disposable income. I haven't maxed out a character so I can't tell how well the end-game enchants or the purple item box works.

If you've got to pick a "p2w" pack, though, just get the $60 one. You still get a 110% mount and the blue weapon to get you through the first 20 levels of a new character, bag space, an extra character slot *and* a better companion than the panther for leveling if you don't feel like settling for a cleric companion.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game and I'm willing to gamble some disposeable income (I wish I'd done so for CO and STO at the start) but the founder pack is a little underwhelming in some places. A purple companion should not be less useful than a blue!
  • Options
    khanthaskhanthas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i get to play subscription free with the option to buy extra stuff to enhance my experience freedom to choose suits me fine im loving this game and i dont mind spending my gift money to enjoy the the pack i really think they should put a price on forum posts might make ppl think twice about whining about a service that is mostly free and get on with enjoying it. in the mean time buy a tissue and build a bridge already.
    Evil triumphs when good folk do nothing.
    Your toast is burn't and no amount of scrapping will remove the blackness!
  • Options
    sritthhsritthh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually the renegades in the founders pack have access to six tattoos that the regular drow won't have. I'm not sure if the regular drow will have the faerie fire racial ability either (minor debuff in combat, no vfx so most probably aren't even aware of it). Also the title and spider mounts were exclusive to the founder pack. It was stated in varous spots (but not in the pack store page) that there was a non-renegade drow coming out later for those who didn't buy the pack. I suspect the moon elf will be the same way though the moon and sun elves are mostly a cosmetic difference from each other (and in 4e rules are actually eladrin, not elves which are what the current elf race are).
  • Options
    enixonbbenixonbb Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    sritthh wrote: »
    (minor debuff in combat, no vfx so most probably aren't even aware of it).

wait.... so Faerie Fire doesn't, you know, put Faerie Fire on the target? :(

I think I read way back when the normal Drow will have "Darkfire" instead of faerie fire, so if there's no

vfx I don't know what's going to be different
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    enixonbb wrote: »
    wait.... so Faerie Fire doesn't, you know, put Faerie Fire on the target? :(

I think I read way back when the normal Drow will have "Darkfire" instead of faerie fire, so if there's no

vfx I don't know what's going to be different
    No it doesn't and to be honest you are not able in game to realize that you have it. You know that you have it only because it is listed among yours powers
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I write bug rapports daily.

When I play normally, meaning dungeons, skirmish, quests, I usually end up writing one bug rapport every day (average).

I quite enjoy this game and am by no means upset by its many flaws. But I do find it a lot of errors for a game that sells such pricy items and is supposed to be out of beta.

Right now, I consider it objectively unwise to pay such a high price. Like mentioned; it's the price of a full game for that new pack.

But I've never experienced a game at that price that has this many bugs and flaws. Even very crucial bugs like unstoppable stop working in dungeons and pvp.

It's my opinion that they can't justify that price at this point.
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As an original Alpha player, I'm rather upset that this game is still as flawed as it is this far in. As such, I encourage people to refrain from spending money on this game. It's not worth it at its current level.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    elek666elek666 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by elek666 on

• Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited July 2013
    While I find the pack and quality of the game appealing, I'm kind of bugged out about the price of the pack. It seems like a lot of fluff with one exception being the augment pet and maybe another being the diamonds. For $60 I want to see one if not a couple of new classes. Hell $60 is the price of a entirely new game. C'mon Cryptic deliver on the classes! I'm not paying $60 bucks for a unicorn, armor set, and Moon Elf. What's the point of a new race if your already capped out on the classes? I've spent quite a bit of money already in this game and I want to see that I'm getting something for the money, this pack should have at least 2 new classes for the price. All the Foo, Foo, pretty stuff should be in game upgrades as they only appeal to a small group of players.
  • Options
    rmoacreyzeusrmoacreyzeus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This packs should include a high amount of zen to be competitive. At last 3000 zen in the 60$ pack.

Free-to-play games works because of the micropayments, not with this kind of packs.

I agree. There should be Zen within this pack. :confused:
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elek666 wrote: »
    Will with a new expansion come and new gear and weapon for all classes (hope not, there is already too many sets) ?

I think that this game needs a lot more fashion styles, and not just bottles with color.

Yes, there will be new gear and weapons in Fury of the Feywild. There will also be two new professions that will make weapons with new looks.
  • Options
    starhawke55starhawke55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm guessing "Enchanting" will be one of the new professions. An enchanter would have a higher percentage to combine gems into greater ones or even mix-n-match enchants similar to the 'savage' ones that came out during the invasion (Read:RIFT) event.

As for the constant "give us your money and we'll make you LOOK uber", I'm about ready to fold on this game too if things don't start turning around soon, like actually fixing whats broken FIRST before you add new content. WoW followed that pattern and look what happened to it! The Founder's pack actually DID give me a nice boost to getting 'into' the game. This pack however, not so sure since there will be no level cap raise nor a new class. Think I'll take a 'pass' on this module 1 expansion since there is no need for me to make another CW/DC/TR or whatever with just a different race.

My $.02
  • Options
    araknixaraknix Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kinda upsetting that regardless of the items you wont get ANY of them until launch. So atm you just throw out a full games worth in money to wait knowing you'll get something a month away.

make the non module specific items claimable now i want my 600k
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    before you release the new content i wish other bugs and supposed features be fixed, like that **** mic bug under pt chat, and other chat bugs. I fear new content will only bring out new bugs.
  • Options
    ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i purchased the pack so do i have to wait all the way until august so i can use it? if so i wished that was clear bcause i would have waited :/

I think so. I agreem it's REALLY not clear. Especially on the launcher where it says the items are "available now" or something similar.
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    delthanin wrote: »
    The "Unique Items Now Available" blurb feels really misleading, since you won't actually have access to those unique items until August 22 (except on a preview shard). I wish it was worded differently.

The items seem good, but it should really say upfront that you will be able to claim items on a future date, instead of just in an FAQ.

EDIT: To clarify, it's on the splash art that shows up on the launcher.

It WAS really misleading. Both a friend of mine and I bought the pack expecting it to be available now.
    I feel like I'm in Spaceballs. "When is it available?" "Now available." "But now isn't now, it's then. When will then be now?" "Soon."
  • Options
    sritthhsritthh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No it doesn't and to be honest you are not able in game to realize that you have it. You know that you have it only because it is listed among yours powers

Yeah I only remembered having it when I happened to mouse over the debuff icons on an enemy and saw faerie fire. I too was disappointed that it had no vfx since that's kind of the point of faerie fire, to light up an enemy with a purple aura.
  • Options
    hkcosgrove1hkcosgrove1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so i dont understand why i am not allowed to use my vanilla prepaid mastercard to purchase anything for neverwinter, i guess i'll have to wait till im old enough to have a bank account then paypal if i want anything for neverwinter. $120 gift card and they dont accept it, any ideas why?
  • Options
    xbonds32xbonds32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I purchased this pack with Paypal, but its still approval status. Its been 14-15 hours and still same. I'll not buy anything in the future if that things happens.
  • Options
    ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    At an average 330 AD per zen, you are getting roughly 1818 zen if you use the diamond exchange, or $18.00 worth of zen.

So yah - comes with zen. Sort of.
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For all the people complaining that Neverwinter shouldn't release new content while there are still bugs...

Bug fixes = bug fixing team
    New content = new content team

Not the same people. While it's your right to complain, please try to complain about things that actually make sense. Do you expect the human resources, marketing, and sales teams to fix bugs too?
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    farronz wrote: »
    why dont you sell them in zen? example 6000zen for $59.99

Because fi they did that players would just buy Zen with AD and they won't make any real profit.
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    araknix wrote: »
    Kinda upsetting that regardless of the items you wont get ANY of them until launch. So atm you just throw out a full games worth in money to wait knowing you'll get something a month away.

make the non module specific items claimable now i want my 600k

And nothing specifies this until after you've made the purchase.

Then suddenly it's; "After Fury of the Feywild is released, these items will be in your in-game mail after you complete the tutorial. You may also claim them from Miles Brome, the Reward Claims Agent, across from Sgt. Knox in Protector's Enclave. To start playing Neverwinter, download the game client!"

D@#k move, Cryptic. You should give us early access or at least some of the items.

Really d@#k move.