What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feywild Packs and Fury of the Feywild Module Live Date

Comments

• Options
    cspoonscspoons Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I thought the price was steep but after 181 posts, I'm convinced of it. The $60 doesn't seem worth it considering the thing I want most is the mount.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cspoons wrote: »
    I thought the price was steep but after 181 posts, I'm convinced of it. The $60 doesn't seem worth it considering the thing I want most is the mount.
    But it has an extra value: the fight with the support system for those players that have problems to have their buy acknowledged. Such a epic fight is more worthy than the $60 don't you think?:p
  • Options
    edwinledwinl Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »

There's a new class being released? I saw no such announcement! Can anyone provide a link? I myself can't wait for an archer class, I'm sure there will be one coming along at some point.

When you create a new character there will be a new class put on the list but it is placed as Coming Soon. The Image for this new class could be a hint of a weapon master type class or simply a place holder for the actual class symbol.
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    edwinl wrote: »
    When you create a new character there will be a new class put on the list but it is placed as Coming Soon. The Image for this new class could be a hint of a weapon master type class or simply a place holder for the actual class symbol.
    Well I think in early June or was it late May whatever Cryptic stated that they will release sooner or later "a ranged class". A ranged class could mean for example Ranger or a Warlock.

My favorite classes in WOW was Hunter(=Ranger) and Druid partly also since in WOW for some annoying reason Clerics are cloth users.

Since this whole expansion is about forest/fey/elves etc. what classes are near to that theme? Ranger and Druid! I would guess Ranger is next class however of course I might be wrong. This is excellent news. Now we know that while new class is perhaps not at release it will come "soon" after.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ehrlich wrote: »
    eh Cryptic is dead, the corpse of the company I loved is now a pawn of perfect world's greed.
    It is not PW that are exceptional greedy. I am landlord and I have rented to many people since I own 2 apartments and I have also worked far away so I have in those cases rented both apartments that I own. I have been called greedy(well usually more diplomatically like could I please get discount?) to my face by renter applicants.

My answer is always the same. If I am so greedy then why are there a swarm of other people who want to rent this apartment(they can all see my price in the renting ad)?

Greed is everywhere nowadays however it is question of what is good marketing price to make good profit. I am a semihardcore player nowadays. I used to be hardcore player in WOW and my mind has not changed from things like hardcore goals.

This game is not a casual carebear game like Guild Wars 2 and neither it is ultra hardcore game(in powerprogression) like WOW. That is ok for me. I still want some hardcore content. You know I have not heard a single whisper of Tier 3 gear. Everything indicates that this expansion will still have roughly Tier 2 items.

I am ok with that fact since I am not those super hardcore gamers that have 11k gear score though I am well into Tier 2. However I have found my hardcore challenge things in Neverwinter. Crafting is very interesting and this economy system in Neverwinter is a lovely challenge and PvP gives good challenge. I embrace the challenge! After I have bought my fastest mount with hard earned AD traded to ZEN I will not stop there. No ZEN store gets lots of good items and either you earn them or buy them or play without them. The economy in Neverwinter is very interesting to me.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Well I think in early June or was it late May whatever Cryptic stated that they will release sooner or later "a ranged class". A ranged class could mean for example Ranger or a Warlock.

My favorite classes in WOW was Hunter(=Ranger) and Druid partly also since in WOW for some annoying reason Clerics are cloth users.

Since this whole expansion is about forest/fey/elves etc. what classes are near to that theme? Ranger and Druid! I would guess Ranger is next class however of course I might be wrong. This is excellent news. Now we know that while new class is perhaps not at release it will come "soon" after.

Well WoW Hunter was more of a Ranger by the Pet function rather than their long range attack function.

Also, I'm more interested in them releasing the next Paragon Paths.

It would be great if they allowed us to change our Paragon Paths as well once they release the next Paragon Paths for classes.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well WoW Hunter was more of a Ranger by the Pet function rather than their long range attack function.

Also, I'm more interested in them releasing the next Paragon Paths.

It would be great if they allowed us to change our Paragon Paths as well once they release the next Paragon Paths for classes.
    While Dungeons and Dragons has more or less merged with WOW with implementation of DD 4th rules I don't know how they will create a Ranger to this game. I would guess a Ranger that has a pet. You know when companions are not allowed in PvP? My guess is that Ranger Pet is an exception. Now I will not argue with you that WOW Hunter is more far away from DD.

I am content as long as The Ranger can use a Bow and has a pet and other details remains to be seen. Actually in WOW a very Hunter specific ability was to make traps. That trap making or some kind of other nature skill would make sense that Rangers have.

As for Paragon paths I have not heard any news about them. I am 99.5% sure this expansion will not have next Paragon Paths however in long term your wish might very well be granted in future I would not expect anytime soon like during 2013. Finally I am not 100% sure next class is Ranger.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Rangers do not have to have a pet. D&D Rangers are more like trackers/scouts or mountain men. They are in-tune with their environment, but are not Druids with Bows, even if they do have access to some limited nature (arcane based) spells at higher levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I am content as long as The Ranger can use a Bow and has a pet and other details remains to be seen. Actually in WOW a very Hunter specific ability was to make traps. That trap making or some kind of other nature skill would make sense that Rangers have.

As for Paragon paths I have not heard any news about them. I am 99.5% sure this expansion will not have next Paragon Paths however in long term your wish might very well be granted in future I would not expect anytime soon like during 2013. Finally I am not 100% sure next class is Ranger.

Rangers don't need to have pets since different games have rangers as different types. Some have Rangers as a Pet class but some have Rangers as a Long range Damage Dealer class with attacks that summon animals to perform one attack like a bird or hawk swarming on a enemy to perform a damage over time attack.

As for the next paragon paths I hope they don't take too long to release them since those would help just as much as a new class. Well in my perspective adding the next Paragon path in the expansion will be like adding 5 new classes since not everyone enjoys the current Paragon Paths. Most are just place holders so they can prepare for the Paragon Path they would enjoy or the class they would enjoy.

However, my concern is if we will have to make a new character just to use the new Paragon paths or we can switch our Paragon Path some how.
  • Options
    blasphemous7blasphemous7 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is not PW that are exceptional greedy. I am landlord and I have rented to many people since I own 2 apartments and I have also worked far away so I have in those cases rented both apartments that I own. I have been called greedy(well usually more diplomatically like could I please get discount?) to my face by renter applicants.

My answer is always the same. If I am so greedy then why are there a swarm of other people who want to rent this apartment(they can all see my price in the renting ad)?

Greed is everywhere nowadays however it is question of what is good marketing price to make good profit. I am a semihardcore player nowadays. I used to be hardcore player in WOW and my mind has not changed from things like hardcore goals.

This game is not a casual carebear game like Guild Wars 2 and neither it is ultra hardcore game(in powerprogression) like WOW. That is ok for me. I still want some hardcore content. You know I have not heard a single whisper of Tier 3 gear. Everything indicates that this expansion will still have roughly Tier 2 items.

I am ok with that fact since I am not those super hardcore gamers that have 11k gear score though I am well into Tier 2. However I have found my hardcore challenge things in Neverwinter. Crafting is very interesting and this economy system in Neverwinter is a lovely challenge and PvP gives good challenge. I embrace the challenge! After I have bought my fastest mount with hard earned AD traded to ZEN I will not stop there. No ZEN store gets lots of good items and either you earn them or buy them or play without them. The economy in Neverwinter is very interesting to me.

Coloring your text makes me a sad panda. Please stop! If it's for emphasis, you are doing it wrong. Yellow and florescent green text on a black background = my eyes hurt.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Coloring your text makes me a sad panda. Please stop! If it's for emphasis, you are doing it wrong. Yellow and florescent green text on a black background = my eyes hurt.
    This "sad as a panda" reference if that refers to my WOW history well personally I stopped playing WOW well after Catalysm expansion release however long time before Mist of Pandaria newest WOW expansion. I and my brother enjoyed WOW mainly when it was most popular like for example during 2010 when WOW made world record with 12 million active players.

Finally there is no rule in this forum preventing using colors. You must have very sensitive eyes however turn your screen brightness to less if it disturbs you. There are people that have problems with 3D movies and prefer to watch them in 2D and that I can understand since watching in 3D is more stressful for eyes.

Yes green is what I like. Yellow is stating fact neutral. Red is not something that I like however in this case grudgingly accept.
    Rangers don't need to have pets since different games have rangers as different types. Some have Rangers as a Pet class but some have Rangers as a Long range Damage Dealer class with attacks that summon animals to perform one attack like a bird or hawk swarming on a enemy to perform a damage over time attack.

As for the next paragon paths I hope they don't take too long to release them since those would help just as much as a new class. Well in my perspective adding the next Paragon path in the expansion will be like adding 5 new classes since not everyone enjoys the current Paragon Paths. Most are just place holders so they can prepare for the Paragon Path they would enjoy or the class they would enjoy.

However, my concern is if we will have to make a new character just to use the new Paragon paths or we can switch our Paragon Path some how.
    A ranger without Pet would be a disappointment, but I would likely still roll a Ranger if that happens. As for you wish of ability to change Paragon Path well I can share that wish that would be very nice. There is a retrain token that costs ZEN. I really don't understand since retrain token lets you change all your feats and powers does it not do what you ask for? I did the harsh decision that I do not buy retrain tokens and I have 2 Clerics with more or less different attributes, feats and powers. I have bought for AD traded ZEN two extra character slots in wait for a Ranger with hopefully a Pet.

NOTE! If you are asking for a complete ability to change role from example Devout Cleric to some Battle Cleric with plate armor well in this game it means new character. We have already Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter as different professions. That is a major HUGE change you are asking for if you ask ability to change between them. I don't think that is a realistic expectation and IF they would make it possible I would think that would be some Paragon token in ZEN store that is very expensive.

You may not like it however that is the way this game works and personally I love the levelup process, low level Dungeons and Skirmish, low level PvP and Tier 1, Tier 2 everything. While I am a former WOW player this game does not start for me when I am max level.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well no skin of of me since I plan to main Master Infiltrator.

But a Free Paragon switch item Event for a short time (hopefully 1 month for the event) would help satisfy people who want those new Paragon Paths.
  • Options
    dadeathwish79dadeathwish79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    just bought my pack
  • Options
    skarrotskarrot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Moon Elf Racial are so WEAK......and i heard Sun Elf ( free Race) Racial are better so why waste 45€??? :1
  • Options
    trauthortrauthor Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    FYI, everyone who is complaining about the price. It is possible to do everything in this game for free. All gear, mounts, etc. You can get it all without paying. Even "unique items." They show up in the Auction House all the time. If you feel the price is unfair, don't pay; you don't have to pay!
  • Options
    mofwicmofwic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Am I the only person who understood that PRE-ORDER meant that the swag wouldn't be available until the 22nd?
  • Options
    k9elitek9elite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In the feywild FAQ, its says those who purchase the pack might be able to play the new race early..? When will this apply?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    skarrot wrote: »
    Moon Elf Racial are so WEAK......and i heard Sun Elf ( free Race) Racial are better so why waste 45€??? :1
    Sigh the race is not the main attraction in the pack.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/feywildpack/feywildknight
  • Options
    oliinoliin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This "sad as a panda" reference if that refers to my WOW history well personally I stopped playing WOW well after Catalysm expansion release however long time before Mist of Pandaria newest WOW expansion.

The, "yadda-yadda-yadda makes me a sad panda," thing is a meme that originated from South Park back in '99 or so and since then has become a decently common phrase around the internet.

Know your meme

Just because WoW has pandas doesn't mean all references to pandas on MMO message boards are therefore references to WoW.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    oliin wrote: »
    The, "yadda-yadda-yadda makes me a sad panda," thing is a meme that originated from South Park back in '99 or so and since then has become a decently common phrase around the internet.

Know your meme

Just because WoW has pandas doesn't mean all references to pandas on MMO message boards are therefore references to WoW.
    Sad Panda and similiar Panda comments have been also used to mock WOW players and that is a fact. However you are correct in this case and I believe now that you did not mean WOW.

I don't like SouthPark and do not watch it. I could provide a huge list of TV series that I like however comedy or cartoon series are not among them.

Reference to TV series is something that I have used that I admit. Before this game was released I posted about a Succubus to be added to this game links like these:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBorAzrfU18
    I have encountered Succubus in this game and I give my thanks to Cryptic and Perfect World.

Now since this is forest expansion I would have a wish that a nymph is added. Yes I know this game has teens rating. However look at tv series Game of Thrones it has lots of full nudity even though it is fantasy. I don't expect full nudity however I give the wish please add Nymph into this forest expansion.
  • Options
    dreeeeevildreeeeevil Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They should release the new race/classes before the launch of the new realm so we have a bit of time to level the new class up.

Why would I create a new character when I already have a lvl 60 that could jump right into the new stuff?
  • Options
    pr3dit0n3pr3dit0n3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i have a question what i have to do,to get a spider teeth?
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    oliin wrote: »

Know your meme

I hate WoW-tards, thank you for enlightening some of them...
    obviously 12yr old...
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dreeeeevil wrote: »
    They should release the new race/classes before the launch of the new realm so we have a bit of time to level the new class up.

Why would I create a new character when I already have a lvl 60 that could jump right into the new stuff?

I keep seeing people make reference to a new class, but as far as I can tell there are no new classes planned for the Feywild module. I know there are 2 classes in the works, and we may see one or both of them before the end of the year, but was there an announcement about including one with Feywild?

Or is this another case of mistaken "class and race are the same thing"? (Because FYI for those who don't know, the're not the same thing. Race is your "species" and Class is your "job".)

We are getting Moon and Sun Elves (races) with Feywild, but I'm fairly certain that there won't be a new class released with it. Still keeping my fingers crossed for an Archer, preferably with debuff/mez stuff like Trick Arrow had in City of Heroes.. but either way I'm looking forward to playing an Archer. I just don't think it will be this month.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the class is coming later after the module has been released.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rathma86 wrote: »
    I hate WoW-tards, thank you for enlightening some of them...
    obviously 12yr old...
    I hate stupid people who think most WOW players are 12 year old. WOW was released 2004 and now it is 2013. They did a survey in USA(not whole world) in 2010 and most WOW players were 30+ years then. Yes I guess perhaps some WOW players were 12 years old in 2004. Why people jump around and dance in WOW is mainly due to pass time while they wait in some Dungeon que.
    axan29 wrote: »
    I think the class is coming later after the module has been released.
    Yes that is the most likely thing to happen. How soon after release is still a mystery however hopefully soon. I created my third character while waiting a Rogue and it is fun to play a different class.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The latest on the new class is that it will be released sometime before the end of the year. That is as specific as the Devs have gotten about it. There is nothing in the Feywild promo that mentions a new class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maesegandalfmaesegandalf Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In Europe it must be that we are not in a crisis. I you can explain why the pack costs 60 dollars, which translated to euros were 45. And yet when making payment you charge us 50?

So we treat people? In Europe we are more rich or what?
  • Options
    fluenzyhdfluenzyhd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Gonna be sweet
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In Europe it must be that we are not in a crisis. I you can explain why the pack costs 60 dollars, which translated to euros were 45. And yet when making payment you charge us 50?

This seems to be a theme; PWE's items are more expensive in Europe than the simple exchange rate would suggest. I'd guess that the extra charge is to cover the currency conversion fees, which sometimes can be quite high. But I'm just guessing, obviously.
    qtPt2I