test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feywild Packs and Fury of the Feywild Module Live Date

Comments

• Options
    darkheartsxdarkheartsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fix how weak the hero of north companion is before you release more packs please..... Also take down the founders pack. This is stupid that even after release they have them up.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Fix how weak the hero of north companion is before you release more packs please.

LMFAO , you expected a companion that shot lazor beams? just get a stone or a cat. These are the only valid companions for now.
  • Options
    jynselvynjynselvyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know right... I fell for it hook line and sinker. Thought I'd get to create a new elven alt. Waited for the email that said it was in my account and ..... doh... nothing. That's why I came here to see what the deal was. Oh well. More pre-orders to add to my other pre-orders. :)
  • Options
    jynselvynjynselvyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What tier is the Unicorn mount? Is the Stone of Earth a companion or something else? I'm surprised dye packs aren't included.
    At 60 bucks, it's probably blue.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nope, it's purely cosmetic. I haven't noticed any actual benefit from the racials and there aren't any classes that would benefit from both stat bonuses (either pair). That's for the best, though, there isn't really anything you could give them that would be both worth over $100 AND wouldn't trigger mass howling of "PAY TO WIN!". This way no one can accuse us of anything other than paying for digital bling.

OTOH they look cool (too bad I *think* they're going to put in "regular" drow, can't imagine how they'd look different), the battle spider purple mount saves a lot of time being available as soon as you hit 20, the blue weapon saves time getting to 20, you get three extra slots to make profession farmers if nothing else and the huge stack of AD does help if you've disposable income. I haven't maxed out a character so I can't tell how well the end-game enchants or the purple item box works.

If you've got to pick a "p2w" pack, though, just get the $60 one. You still get a 110% mount and the blue weapon to get you through the first 20 levels of a new character, bag space, an extra character slot *and* a better companion than the panther for leveling if you don't feel like settling for a cleric companion.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game and I'm willing to gamble some disposeable income (I wish I'd done so for CO and STO at the start) but the founder pack is a little underwhelming in some places. A purple companion should not be less useful than a blue!

The purple weapon sucks and it can't be sold. It's in my bank just looking pretty. lol
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jynselvyn wrote: »
    At 60 bucks, it's probably blue.

Per the FAQ:

What rank is the Dawn Unicorn Mount from the Knight of the Feywild Pack, and can that rank be increased through training?

The Dawn Unicorn Mount is Rank 3, at max speed, and does not need to be trained.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    darkheartsxdarkheartsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    LMFAO , you expected a companion that shot lazor beams? just get a stone or a cat. These are the only valid companions for now.

No I wanted him to drop nukes!! But on a serious note, I at least expected him to be valid. His main move takes FOREVER and misses or I killed the mob before he could get to them.
  • Options
    jhanchckjhanchck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can you give an option so that we can buy pack from Ultimate game card or the same as them
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Most important, will Foundry reward system change (kind of a must)? And will bots be taken care off (an absolute must)?
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Going to hold off buying any packs. The pack website does not describe anything in detail, like the race or companion stats. So far it is looking like a rather weak value for money.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Going to hold off buying any packs. The pack website does not describe anything in detail, like the race or companion stats. So far it is looking like a rather weak value for money.

The FAQ has a little more detail, though I'm not sure if you're looking for more information.

Sun Elves:

Inner Calm - Racial
    Your inner peace and serenity cause you to focus more clearly on the task at hand. +2% Action Point gain.

Sun Elf Grace Racial
    Your bottomless grace increases your resistance to Crowd Control effects by 10%.

Ability Score choices
    +2 Intelligence
    +2 Dexterity OR Charisma

Moon Elves:

Wanderlust - Racial
    You cannot stay in one place long and are always roaming and seeking new oddities. +1% Action Point gain and +1% Stamina Regen.

Moon Elf Resilience Racial
    Your elven resilience increases your resistance to Crowd Control effects by 10%.

Ability Score choices
    +2 Intelligence
    +2 Dexterity OR Charisma

What rank is the Dawn Unicorn Mount from the Knight of the Feywild Pack, and can that rank be increased through training?
    The Dawn Unicorn Mount is Rank 3, at max speed, and does not need to be trained.

What quality is the Sylph Companion included with the Knight of the Feywild Pack?
    The Sylph Companion is a Purple companion, with a max rank of 30.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited July 2013
    Can i buy the pack using Perfect World Wallet? or "OneCard", you have other option in your Zen purchase, why not on the packs too.
  • Options
    speriiqsperiiq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gj that helped me :)
  • Options
    hmmmhmhmmhhmmmhmhmmh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Make a god **** archer class not this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!!!!!!!!!
    Support in this game is terrible.
    You're focused on releasing new **** instead of fixing grame breaking issues and adding content THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE FROM THE START!
    Useless game administrators.
  • Options
    lordjaqenlordjaqen Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    noooooo I bought this and forgot I can't use till 22 =/
  • Options
    wintersmith7wintersmith7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What level do we need to be to access Furry of the Feywild on the preview shard?
  • Options
    rapidhoundrapidhound Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Why do people in Europe get charged so much more than people in the US? 50 Euros is equal to $65 dollars so US players get the Knight set for 60 dollars and EU players get it for the equivalent of 65 dollars , not very fair considering they are virtual goods ...

It's the same for us in Australia we have to pay the equal in Australian to what the US amount would be and it's always more :(
  • Options
    wasabidrywasabidry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Awesome looking forward to it
  • Options
    jamest999jamest999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So if you say bought $200 of zen you can't use that to get the pack? Yay! So what you are saying is never ever buy zen because anything they release as a pack will be direct cash only and come with AD you can use to buy zen in game (which lets you buy stuff you will already have from the packs anyways).
    Edit Meaning a mount, companion and extra bag which is tiny and if you want to get things done the best you can, it will need to be replaced anyhow.
  • Options
    ehrlichehrlich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Overpriced as always. Should me $5 at most for ANY digital item. But you guys have $30 for a single mount or companion? You're joking right? I could buy a whole game for that price.
    "Each minor problem like a grain of sand, each day I inherit the desert." ~ Lacroix
  • Options
    ehrlichehrlich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eh Cryptic is dead, the corpse of the company I loved is now a pawn of perfect world's greed.
    "Each minor problem like a grain of sand, each day I inherit the desert." ~ Lacroix
  • Options
    mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    would have bought this if it wasnt all going downhill but whatcanyado
  • Options
    death0angeldeath0angel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i got honey badger but i wonderd who is better new fairy of honey badger
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ehrlich wrote: »
    Overpriced as always. Should me $5 at most for ANY digital item. But you guys have $30 for a single mount or companion? You're joking right? I could buy a whole game for that price.

I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way about expensive cars. I know there are cars that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, but that's "the price of a house" to me, not "the price of a car". IMO, cars are supposed to cost in the $10-25k range. However, that doesn't mean that the companies that charge hundreds of thousands of dollars for their cars are wrong. After all, there are several companies that have been doing this for decades and are still in business. So for them, the business model works.

Mounts and companions in Neverwinter are much the same way. You can get them free or with gold (which is still technically "free" since you don't have to spend any real money to get gold). However, these are the "lower end models" that aren't as nice, and don't have the same prestige as the more expensive models.

Only time will tell if the prices in Neverwinter really are too high - if enough people are buying items at current prices to support Cryptic & PWE's desired profit margin, then the prices are right. And given the number of Inferno and Twilight Nightmares, Armored Spiders, Bears, and Worgs, Displacer Beasts, Honey Badgers, Galeb Duhrs, and other premium purple items I've seen running around the game, it seems so far that the prices are right.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    ddview1ddview1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pretty crewel to people who bought the founder pack and now has to pay for this module and play a free for all game. what the h did I pay for. basically some useless items and handful of ad, the weapon was only good for a few levels and the level 60 weapon is beat by other weapons. this sucks I tell ya
  • Options
    druid5000druid5000 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Real money for the most part provides luxury just like the cars one of the above posters referred to. Luxury in a smoother leveling experience or faster end game items through trading zen for astral diamonds and buying them on ah. The level 60 weapon you get is just that, a luxury. Helps you get in epic dungeons faster and lets you perform a little better at first. If the only way to get the best items was to pay real money then that is pay to win and not many are interested in that.
    10.jpg
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Again, i ask thesame question that is being avoided by this Site, why are we not allowed to Buy the Pack using other Payment Method, why are you forcing ppl to pay thru Paypall and Krill, you have other option to pay in your Zen Wallet, why not thesame option apply here.
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe I'm having one of those moments, but is that pre-order banner just for the packs or is the whole module going to require purchase?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    elcymerian wrote: »
    Maybe I'm having one of those moments, but is that pre-order banner just for the packs or is the whole module going to require purchase?

The module will be free for all; the packs just contain goodies. The $60 pack has a mount, a companion, an outfit, access to Moon Elves, and more. Without the pack you will still get access to Sun Elves and the whole rest of the actual story/content/quests.. just not the SPARKLY UNICORN MOUNT! :D<3
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way about expensive cars. I know there are cars that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, but that's "the price of a house" to me, not "the price of a car". IMO, cars are supposed to cost in the $10-25k range. However, that doesn't mean that the companies that charge hundreds of thousands of dollars for their cars are wrong. After all, there are several companies that have been doing this for decades and are still in business. So for them, the business model works.

Mounts and companions in Neverwinter are much the same way. You can get them free or with gold (which is still technically "free" since you don't have to spend any real money to get gold). However, these are the "lower end models" that aren't as nice, and don't have the same prestige as the more expensive models.

Only time will tell if the prices in Neverwinter really are too high - if enough people are buying items at current prices to support Cryptic & PWE's desired profit margin, then the prices are right. And given the number of Inferno and Twilight Nightmares, Armored Spiders, Bears, and Worgs, Displacer Beasts, Honey Badgers, Galeb Duhrs, and other premium purple items I've seen running around the game, it seems so far that the prices are right.
    Well yeah I can sense that you have a fair amount of money which is ok and I would not call me poor either. I don't own a fancy car since I can lend my relatives car as long as I pay for fuel. That said I own 2 small apartments in my countrys capitol area and they are worth together 250 000+ euro. I still got a big debt(mortage) for the newer apartment to pay. However since I as a side business rent apartments so I get income from that also and I have no debt for my first apartment.

I have chosen to play this game for free though my point was that I do not consider myself poor. The Unicorn does not disturb me unless it has faster movement then 110% speed. Yes there are many cooler mounts however I am content with the idea that one day I will buy with AD traded ZEN the fastest horse lmount that gives 110% speed and that cost 2500 ZEN.

I would not call myself a very hardcore player for example I know your crafting skills are better then mine. I have not reached level 20 yet in any crafting profession and I have not earned 2500 ZEN yet. Whatever I am confident that I can get the fastest mount speed before 2014 at least even though it takes some time.

I think pricing is ok and whether you to play this game for free or pay does not matter as long as you enjoy the game:).