test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feywild Packs and Fury of the Feywild Module Live Date

Comments

• mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    thecain wrote: »
    Doesn't help you haven't even told us about the new class or prestiges yet. Or how much they'll cost us.

I am kind of surprised by this also, it would have been better hype for them to actually tell us about the content so people are exsited and willing to spend money lol, think their marketing lost out there. If they don't actually add the new prestige classes I am going to be fairly disappointed however as that is the main thing im looking forward too.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PWE Games Gift Package

And still no items for Champions Online.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    Extremely disappointed that Champions Online is still not represented in the PWE pack, but then PWE has yet to get going on a CO Foundry, too, so I shouldn't be surprised. But don't mind me. Lack of sleep. Play STO, CO, and NW and love all of them! Keep up the great work!
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thecain wrote: »
    Yeah... I'm officially not looking forward to this anymore. Doesn't help you haven't even told us about the new class or prestiges yet. Or how much they'll cost us.

New classes cost nothing, this has been confirmed in several interviews. Prestige classes are up in the air.

Unfortunately there will be no new class with FotF, the new class will be between FotF and the end of the year, hence why we have no information on it yet.
  • glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Corporate greed at it's finest. Yes I know I don't need to buy it and I will Not, bought the founders pack if I buy this I will have paid the price of 3 games just for a cpl mounts and companions and 1 race, LOL no thank you. Rip off. So I will be joining the second class gamer's who can not afford to keep up.
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2013
    You would sell much more if you reduced pricepoint by 50%.
  • mrxizzedmrxizzed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    l3l3l3l3 wrote: »

Pretty much this.
    It's a complete rip off. Lower the price and maybe more people will consider buying.
    4423-wer.jpg
    MFW rogues try take me on 1 vs 1
    level 60 13k+ Guardian fighter.
  • jahvajahva Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay, what the hell?

You're charging the full price of an entire friggin' game on a high end console for these things? You don't even see full-fledged expansions for this price point on any mmo out there on the market.

I can't help but feel you're going to be trying to price-gouge us all the entire way for the privilege of playing your precious game. I would have loved to play your moon elf race, but for $60 dollars, I can go elsewhere and spend it on something far more substantial. You've already milked the hell out of my wallet, I've dumped enough to buy three or four games as it is through your Zen market and your Founder's Pack. I can't afford to keep paying you like this.

Here's an idea: give us the option to buy races individually. While I'm still EXTREMELY apprehensive about paying for a race, I can see myself parting with $15 to $20 for it, rather than $60 for the Moon Elves and a completely ridiculous $200 for the Drows. If you do that, maybe I'd be willing to continue dealing with this. As things stand now, I'm just going to simply pass on it.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    l3l3l3l3 wrote: »

And they would sell even more if they reduced the price by 100%!!
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    And they would sell even more if they reduced the price by 100%!!

But then that would mean giving them away! lol Made me laugh anyways, thx made my day!
  • milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess this pack would be ok for a brand new player, but for most of us this pack is kind of a waste. Many already have mounts, which ends up being the only useful thing in these packs (other than the AD). The Stone and the cat are the only useful companions in the game because all the others die so easily at higher levels. Unfortunately for me I did not learn how useless they were until I bought two nice and shiny $30 companions. The Galeb is helpful for leveling a DC, but that is about it. All other classes benefit from a Cleric companion more.

I like the game, and I would not mind dropping a little cash once in a while to help support it, but there is simply nothing useful in this pack. There really isn't anything useful in the zen store other than the stone and bags (and I just move the bags to the alt I am leveling). They really need to Buff the companions so they are a viable choice at 60 and I would think about buying more. The extra stats from the stone or cat are great but if another companion added to the party survivability and stayed alive more than 5 seconds it might be worth the stat loss to use it instead. Also, they should really think about adding a epic healer companion to the pack or zen store. The only epic healer in the game is the one we get after playing for a year. As it stands now, by the time we get it we can't even think about using it because we already know it will also die in less than 60 seconds. Its just another item for the AH.

Edit....

I forgot about the new playable race. Question for all those Hero of the North buyers.... Was the Drow useful in any way? I'm not asking if it was worth the $200, because it clearly was not. I am asking if the racial ability made the race worth playing.
  • thesaminator1thesaminator1 Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2013
    Pay 2 win guys :o
  • jahvajahva Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Pay 2 Win implies that there's something there that makes you win. All I see is a bunch of useless junk and basic services such as character slots and inventory space locked up like Fort freakin' Knox.

I understood what I was getting into from the very beginning, but at least be more reasonable with what you charge for and how much you are charging for it.
  • milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I have to disagree with this one. Nothing they offer is useful in the game so it doesn't give you much of an advantage. It is Pay2WasteMoney.
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I still go back to the "State of the Game", saying how Gaunt was going to be released within a "few week" and during "OBT". Lie. Also about a new class coming soon being "ranged". Lie. Now I'm reading no new classes until after the launch of module 1? You had better clarify a few things Cryptic. I want a ranger, and I want it now! I have purchased both packs available (for use) to date, among other items. I have two Ioun stones waiting in my bank for the new classes.

I stopped leveling my CW when I read in your Dev blog that the new races would be the "most arcane" of all the races.

All this vague <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is starting to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off enough people that have dropped hundreds (yes, hundreds) of dollars on your game and I think you're up **** creek pretty quick.

/nuff said
  • yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well, snap - i thought the bag came with the larger pack.... Already a hero of the north, so i guess this is not too bad. I was looking getting some zen soon, but the way i see it is the adventures pack is 1600 zen, and 1 zen is going for 335 ad so thats anther 1700 zen char slot another 500 zen .... and a mount a compainion, an enhancment for my Guardian Fighter... not too shabby.
  • leafloverleaflover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hey small question i just did purchase that pack so when will I get to actualy create my moon elf? and please tell me the stat arent the same as a regular elf again -_-

and about the drow not original or usefull in the least this race actualy is a wood elf clone with a new passive called faeri fire wich reduce foe armor level. You couldve just as much played any elf
  • mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013

More like pay for everything.
    The only thing thats free are some crappy daillies.
  • leafloverleaflover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pay to win? not realy because once you started you can just farm castle never and afford everything. Still theres some things even castle never farming cant afford... such as new race. about it when do we get to actualy be able to play moon elf

Can I please get a response your investors want to know.
  • blondiritterblondiritter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What I want to know is will I be able to change my Wood Elves to Moon Elves if I bought this pack.
  • fynrosfynros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So off I went to have a look at all this new info, the link to the info page is fine, but when you then hit the link button to the pre-order pack page you are taken to http://nw.perfectworld.com/feywildpack and this page is mostly black writing on a very dark to black background and cannot be read clearly. Oh except for the prices of course which are in a large gold font.

Someone needs to fix this if you expect to sell any of them
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    too little too late. already got to 60 in very little time. game is a bore fest with zero longevity IMO.
    Do you get 600,000 AD for each character you have? How does that work?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    suddled420 wrote: »

You get it once. It is added to the exchange and you can withdraw it on the character of your choice.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    suddled420 wrote: »

As stated, but you don't have to take it all only on one character, you can take some on all your alts, or all on a single one, whatever you want.
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are the contents of the new pack already available? And the Astral Diamonds?
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    As was covered by earlier posts, not until the 22nd of August.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimslawgrimslaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    So the floating rock thing is a neck slot item, not a companion correct? It was mentioned that the races will be a moon and sun elves. Are there two races sun and moon or is just one? Why no bag in the 60 dollar bundle =/
  • korimus81korimus81 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am sure they would have aid this already if it were true but, I'll ask anyway. Will there be a level increase with this expansion?
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As was covered by earlier posts, not until the 22nd of August.
    Thanks. I haven't seen anything official about that though...