test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.5

Comments

• Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey, thanks for giving people a heads up on the BoP for the reinforced items. only 600k out the window for me now, unless I can find a use for having 3 identical arm pieces on one character.
  • Options
    snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    No fix to the insanely broken and OP Perfect Thunderhead Enchantment that stun locks anyone in melee range of the exploiter.

No fix to Castle Never dungeon running of the first and last portions by Rogues, even though they claimed they fixed it last patch.

Still a ton of imbalance in PvP such as Greater Tenebrous making Sentinel GWFs, GFs, and permastealth Rogues ridiculously OP.

Yup, another useless patch from Cryptic.

You just said everything that I wanted to. I PvP alot and the only time our team loses badly is by the permastealth rogues, the greater tenebrous enchant exploit and the Thunderhead enchantment exploit.
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • Options
    geeboi37geeboi37 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can I ask why my launcher is showing NW.3.20130701a.5 instead of NW.3.20130701a.4
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You probably need to pay zen to get back to the right version so you can play. Be careful it is BoP
  • Options
    geeboi37geeboi37 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well,cant even show the proper patch number says it all......
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    This week's full list of patch notes is available here.

Major items of note include the following:

End Game Balance Changes
    • Difficulty at level 55-60 has been mildly reduced for solo content, this affects:
      • Solo quest instances
      • Adventure Zone exteriors
      • Foundry quests
    • Difficulty at level 55-60 has been slightly reduced for team content, this affects:
      • Skirmishes
      • Regular (non-epic) dungeons
    • Epic dungeon difficulty has been VERY slightly decreased, but should remain largely the same
    • This should be a scaling reduction affecting level 60 the most and trailing down to level 55.
    Professions
    • Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended. If there are any mailed or in the Auction Hall, they will become bound to the next character who picks them up.
    Systems
    • PvP level scaling has been adjusted so that you should not see a damage decrease in certain conditions.

HTML History formatting, why isn't this fixed or being looked at?
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    whooops.. extended downtime ehh ;) lol gone upp 30 minutes now
  • Options
    ardhen1ardhen1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    geeboi37 wrote: »
    Can I ask why my launcher is showing NW.3.20130701a.5 instead of NW.3.20130701a.4
    Ninja-Patch, that's why they extended the maintenance, either that or the OP was wrong when he posted the version. My money is on Ninja-Nerf.
  • Options
    kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Nail length is no longer unintentionally a Character Creation option (existing characters will remain unaffected)"

What?! Why?

I really don't recall anyone asking for options taken away. Rather more the opposite in fact.
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
  • Options
    hendy69310hendy69310 Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2013
    cn spider is fixed ?
  • Options
    skig201skig201 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can only comment on the things I have experienced, so:

Difficulty at level 55-60 has been mildly reduced for solo content
    - Good because some of those mini instances (Temple of the Primordial for example) are fricking ridiculous

Difficulty at level 55-60 has been slightly reduced for team content - Hadn't really noticed these being that hard with the exception of the last boss of the Hotenow skirmish (but that could have been because of a fail tank). The portal out of the Rothe Valley skirmish being locked after killing the final boss would be more important imo.

Epic dungeon difficulty has been VERY slightly decreased, but should remain largely the same
    - Again, hadn't noticed the dungeons being that difficult apart from boss's mobs (we'll come to that next)

Minibosses should have improved leashing behavior if lured away from their respective lairs - Wouldn't mind fighting the bosses in their lairs if the mob spawn rate was decreased. Note: more mobs does not equal Epic.

Chests and barrels awarded from Leadership will now stack VERY high
    - Should have been stackable like every other chest / item from the the start

Ioun Stone Companions should no longer cast shadows of mysterious men - Now all you need to do is get rid of the placeholder presence for them altogether.

Teammates now have to roll for shards dropped by dungeon bosses - Only shards? Why not apply this to the rest of the boss loot as well? Any unscrupulous party leader could change the loot roll threshold.

I refrain from commenting on the reinforced arms change.
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    magic88255 wrote: »
    foundry fix ? are we going to see any ?

I figure about the time most of the authors have moved on to something else they'll get some substantial foundry updates in.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    LMAO, just another total waste of game down time, NOTHING as been fixed, many many broken and not working as intended gear, items , feats etc etc etc STILL need adressing from 'open beta'!!!

All we got here in this patch, thats if any of it actualy works !! , is a 'nerf' to professions that basically makes all crafting professions totaly useless, lol, way to go PWE, nice job, If there is one thing you do know how to do, its to totaly ****up what was a realy great game, with potential to be realy big..
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    ardhen1 wrote: »
    Ninja-Patch, that's why they extended the maintenance, either that or the OP was wrong when he posted the version. My money is on Ninja-Nerf.

I sent the patch notes to Sominator before the .5 was completed where an issue was found and fixed shortly afterwards. Nothing ninja like, sorry.
  • Options
    dd93dd93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    I sent the patch notes to Sominator before the .5 was completed where an issue was found and fixed shortly afterwards. Nothing ninja like, sorry.

What was the issue, may i ask?
  • Options
    qozziemotoqozziemoto Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aerynn1 wrote: »
    Once again, a lot of superficial fluff, tweaks, and minor fixes, but as expected virtually NONE of the more long term pressing problems that the community has been clamoring for for weeks/months now have been addressed. No alchemy fix, no PVP imbalance issues, no training tomes for companions who cap at level 15 (and become useless at higher levels), etc.

Isn't the primary goals of an open beta to find AND RESOLVE key problems/bugs found by the customer community, prior to official release ? Apparently not.

Communication is poor too. In fact, I haven't seen a single reply by forum staff in ANY of the patch commentary threads I've skimmed to date. In hindsight it seems fairly clear that these patch threads are actually just post-and-forget announcements, rather than genuine solicitations for customer feedback.

As a former QA Engineer and Version Manager (Defense Sector, not Gaming), I find this both disheartening and counter productive.

I agree on so many levels and I agree on Dev and Op feedback.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looks like a bunch of nice fixes and changes mixed in with a few of the usual daFUQ changes, overall good...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    qozziemoto wrote: »
    I agree on so many levels and I agree on Dev and Op feedback.

Except there's two dev posts in this thread... *confused*
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    LMAO, just another total waste of game down time, NOTHING as been fixed, many many broken and not working as intended gear, items , feats etc etc etc STILL need adressing from 'open beta'!!!

All we got here in this patch, thats if any of it actualy works !! , is a 'nerf' to professions that basically makes all crafting professions totaly useless, lol, way to go PWE, nice job, If there is one thing you do know how to do, its to totaly ****up what was a realy great game, with potential to be realy big..
    I totally agree.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    qozziemotoqozziemoto Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    Except there's two dev posts in this thread... *confused*

Reply on a ninja patch and I cant even find the other. Thats not the Dev/Op support Im talking about. 18 questions that they could expand on and they chose to reply to a ninja patch comment.
  • Options
    vasillekvasillek Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OH this is sooo anoying, so still heavy beta phase, but really i need to see my new animation of flurry! Im really starting to be sad that i spent so much time with this game! But after being stuck in GG for half day in past, even tweeted for help, my tweets was allways deleted, no op response to calls, nothing can wonder me more!
  • Options
    inkiesquidinkiesquid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm actually pretty excited about most of these things. I do need to ask again, @sominator, are we getting the Alchemy leveling fix in this update? If not, would you be able to give a "It's on the to-do list" nod so we know it's on your radar?
    Totally on our radar. We're working on it presently and hope to have a fix soon. :)

What alchemy levelling fix are you talking about? I've had lvl 20 for weeks and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one judging by the flasks available on the AH
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Uhh...gateway is all sorts of messed up right now. Showing all 9 slots available for tasks, but I only have 4 unlocked on the char I was trying to do stuff on. Also, I can't do any tasks on any of the slots.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [*]Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended. If there are any mailed or in the Auction Hall, they will become bound to the next character who picks them up.

The game just lost another 50% of it's current population which died after the major AD market exploiting era.
    Instead of killing the game why not make it a semi-playable and enjoyable game?
  • Options
    aerynn1aerynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    panderus wrote: »

Another pleasant surprise, to see someone from the Dev team make an appearance. It gave me another small glimmer of hope that perhaps some small fraction of feedback is being read. It's a shame the post wasn't about something more substantive, but it's a start.

[Soapbox mode]

The issue of issues here is of course whether or not PWE Management is allocating a meaningful amount of budget/manpower/direction to whittle away at the mountain of bugfixes and balance issues ... that's something that happens above the level of the Dev team, and is something that we'll never be privy to, except on an indirect and after the fact basis. Judging by observed progress to date (patch releases, bug fora), that LOE (level of effort) is disappointingly modest.

Given the anemic level of PWE's commitment on this, it seems clear that the only way things are going to change more quickly and significantly for the better is if people vote with their wallets ... and that means stop buying Zen, people.

[/Soapbox mode]
  • Options
    drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but ive just downloaded the patch and the map wont load for my character? nothing to do with my internet
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What they forgot to include in the patch notes. "The inventory Sort button will no longer function properly." What else did they break?
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended. If there are any mailed or in the Auction Hall, they will become bound to the next character who picks them up.
    That's one less reason to log in.

i wonder if they're going to make shirts and pants bind on pickup "as it was intended" next month?
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Professions

Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended. If there are any mailed or in the Auction Hall, they will become bound to the next character who picks them up.

Don't know what everyone is complaining about with this. They've done us all a favor (sort of.) Now, you concentrate in your chosen profession, Leadership and Alchemy (when it works, that is) so you get your slot for 3 level 20 professions and be done with it. Don't bother wasting your time, slots, gold, assets on the other professions you can't use. If that Cleric needs those chain gloves, they suck it up and level their professions til they get it. /sarcasm

Now, some of us, like myself, whom have a Level 18 in Mailsmithing, when we have a GF, well, they're gonna have to finish that to 20, to get the slot, as it would be a complete waste of my time to not do so and wait to level up my Alchemy, which I haven't done, 'cos of all the problems.

I'm not going to touch the PvP problems.
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do you know the best way to make money? Make a good product and sell it for a good price! We gamers are not like justin bieber fans, we hate money #$'!@.
This discussion has been closed.