test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.5

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
This week's full list of patch notes is available here.

Major items of note include the following:

End Game Balance Changes
  • Difficulty at level 55-60 has been mildly reduced for solo content, this affects:
    • Solo quest instances
    • Adventure Zone exteriors
    • Foundry quests
  • Difficulty at level 55-60 has been slightly reduced for team content, this affects:
    • Skirmishes
    • Regular (non-epic) dungeons
  • Epic dungeon difficulty has been VERY slightly decreased, but should remain largely the same
  • This should be a scaling reduction affecting level 60 the most and trailing down to level 55.
Professions
  • Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended. If there are any mailed or in the Auction Hall, they will become bound to the next character who picks them up.
Systems
  • PvP level scaling has been adjusted so that you should not see a damage decrease in certain conditions.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• tobiasmorgantobiasmorgan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm actually pretty excited about most of these things. I do need to ask again, @sominator, are we getting the Alchemy leveling fix in this update? If not, would you be able to give a "It's on the to-do list" nod so we know it's on your radar?
    While Neverember Fiddles - NW-DKV72BYTD - Give it a try!
  • magic88255magic88255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited July 2013
    foundry fix ? are we going to see any ?
    banner_3_001.jpg
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So then the bug wasn't that the platesmithing reinforced arms were bop its that the others were not? So that item can only be used by people with that craft profession. Sucks.
  • drogethxundussendrogethxundussen Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any changes in difficulty from the originally set standards will cause expansive game balance problems, which will require additional fixes. This will eventually lead to irreparable problems. Of course, none of this will be immediately observable. Enjoy.
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Really? So only lv 20 prof people can use reinforced, if thats the case then the bonus should be far greater than a few points, it takes 2 day to make them to get only a measly buff.
  • tomitaketomitake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Professions
    • Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended. If there are any mailed or in the Auction Hall, they will become bound to the next character who picks them up.

This is absurd.
  • aerynn1aerynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Once again, a lot of superficial fluff, tweaks, and minor fixes, but as expected virtually NONE of the more long term pressing problems that the community has been clamoring for for weeks/months now have been addressed. No alchemy fix, no PVP imbalance issues, no training tomes for companions who cap at level 15 (and become useless at higher levels), etc.

Isn't the primary goals of an open beta to find AND RESOLVE key problems/bugs found by the customer community, prior to official release ? Apparently not.

Communication is poor too. In fact, I haven't seen a single reply by forum staff in ANY of the patch commentary threads I've skimmed to date. In hindsight it seems fairly clear that these patch threads are actually just post-and-forget announcements, rather than genuine solicitations for customer feedback.

As a former QA Engineer and Version Manager (Defense Sector, not Gaming), I find this both disheartening and counter productive.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Totally on our radar. We're working on it presently and hope to have a fix soon. :)
    I'm actually pretty excited about most of these things. I do need to ask again, @sominator, are we getting the Alchemy leveling fix in this update? If not, would you be able to give a "It's on the to-do list" nod so we know it's on your radar?
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • hendy69310hendy69310 Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2013
    CN is fixed ?
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited July 2013
    Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended. If there are any mailed or in the Auction Hall, they will become bound to the next character who picks them up.

so whats the point in making more than 1 that means we cant sell them

clerics still need better heals not better offense
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    "Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended"

Can you let us know a little more ahead of time when things aren't working as intended?

I mean really I've spent months leveling up leatherworking and platesmithing since the gloves are kind of usefull to make for friends or profit. Now all that time spent will be comlpetely wasted as I'm definitely not coughing up 4 mil AD to craft pants/shirts and everything else from those professions is utterly useless. Last I checked my great weapon fighter isn't going to wear the plate gloves, and my control wizard isn't going to wear the leather ones.

Very disapointed in how this is/was handled.
  • tobiasmorgantobiasmorgan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Totally on our radar. We're working on it presently and hope to have a fix soon. :)
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Thank you for your speedy response!
    While Neverember Fiddles - NW-DKV72BYTD - Give it a try!
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited July 2013
    Tg I didn't bother to craft in this game, except of diamonds. Never know what else is "intended".
  • nalikknalikk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    With every swing of that nerf bat I find less and less reasons to spend money on this game. Someone should take it away from you guys and use it to beat some sense into you all.
  • fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Would greatly appreciate you just putting FOUNDRY FOLKS MOVE ALONG, NOTHING FOR YOU HERE at the beginning of each set of patch notes so I stop wasting my time reading them.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bull**** on the binding of the crafted gauntlets. Not too sure it wasn't intended, part of me thinks you just didn't realize how much money people would be making off of them, and there are no mats involved, at all, other than the drop itself when you first get it. Though I see the point, bull****. One of the points of getting to level 20 crafting of anything is to make stuff to sell, to get better stuff. You're restricting that ability for people by doing that, don't agree with it. Why don't you just BoE plague fire? They're basically only box drops, so why don't you bind that **** too? Might as well bind the purple shirts, bind it all, that's the kind of mentality of doing that with the bracers. Makes more sense to add a mat requirement to them instead of just flat making them BoE. What purpose do I have for crafting them after this? None. It's simple, you don't want people making easy money. I can take a normally 3500K set of Vigilant bracers and flip those to 65K if I reinforce, and you're probably having more people do that than you expected. Whatever though, I make plenty of AD on crafting, this just annoys me. You can only make around 2 or 3K profit from a T2 purple shirt, T3 much more. Problem is, you need to make or purchase purple tools to get there, and you're looking at around 10 million AD to get to that requirement. So yeah, I see what you did there.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    srazy wrote: »
    Really? So only lv 20 prof people can use reinforced, if thats the case then the bonus should be far greater than a few points, it takes 2 day to make them to get only a measly buff.

Yep, definitely. You can make good profit, but it still takes like 2 days to do it, depending on your crafting speed. Can't make them for friends now, either. Make the bonus greater or something, it's pointless as it is now after this.
  • solsticechildesolsticechilde Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Thank you so much for the response. For quite some time now many of us have been STARVING for some feedback, and while this is not exactly the news we were hoping for (i.e. we wanted to hear that it WAS fixed), I, for one, am grateful to hear any update. Please continue to keep us informed as things progress or at least touch base as often as you can if things must drag on. Thanks again.
  • deju666deju666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When companions can be unbinding?
  • doombangusdoombangus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    Last I checked my great weapon fighter isn't going to wear the plate gloves, and my control wizard isn't going to wear the leather ones.

Very disapointed in how this is/was handled.

Are you being stupid or sarcastic? I can't tell. It makes no sense.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    doombangus wrote: »
    Are you being stupid or sarcastic? I can't tell. It makes no sense.

I think it's a reading comprehension issue.
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    No fix to the insanely broken and OP Perfect Thunderhead Enchantment that stun locks anyone in melee range of the exploiter.

No fix to Castle Never dungeon running of the first and last portions by Rogues, even though they claimed they fixed it last patch.

Still a ton of imbalance in PvP such as Greater Tenebrous making Sentinel GWFs, GFs, and permastealth Rogues ridiculously OP.

Yup, another useless patch from Cryptic.
  • swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Professions

So what pray tell is the incentive for all the mis-matched professions/class armor types out there now? How was this rocket-surgeon change supposed to improve anything?

Wizards with leatherworking, GWF with tailoring etc have next to zero purpose. Was there some form of notice to inform them they should not proceed with thier craft if they intended to trade for their reinforced arms?

AT THE VERY LEAST as soon as PW was aware this was not intended for the love of all things fair SAY SO!!! so people do not invest into something which will not be staying.

There is more dev talk on welcoming a new player than information of what is not WAI and an future patch will fix.

Thumbs down. Idiotic change with next to zero notice.
  • thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    Minibosses should have improved leashing behavior if lured away from their respective lairs
    Ah, thank you! Finally we have to think what we're doing and the mini bosses will be a challenge too. Those who enjoy farming and not the gameplay: haa haa!

Of course, it would be nice to get some more gold from the dungeons too since now we'll be needing a lot more kits and potions.
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Reinforced Arm slot crafted items are now all Bind on Pickup as intended. If there are any mailed or in the Auction Hall, they will become bound to the next character who picks them up.

If you intend to make them BoP ... why on Earth would you allow crafters to craft Arms they cant use?
    Seriously i dont know what your programmers are doing ...
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Still no fix for the major HTML break you caused? Formatting History still doesn't work.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dnosrc wrote: »
    If you intend to make them BoP ... why on Earth would you allow crafters to craft Arms they cant use?
    Seriously i dont know what your programmers are doing ...

Neither do they by the sound of it LOL.

The whole point of crafting at high-end is to trade if for other stuff or sell for AD.

It is an essential foundation stone of every mmo crafting system worthy of the name.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Professions

Can we get a reasoning behind this? I mean it's a big concern to a lot of people.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    srazy wrote: »

More to the point, my toons who have the crafting professions crossed over (for reasons of the order they were made and my original leatherworking TR also having mailsmithing) my GWF has platesmithing 20 and my GF has mailsmithing 20 so now they're screwed, brilliant.
  • pasainpasain Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2013

Professions

This does seem unnecessary and uncalled for. It was about the only thing high level crafting was actually good for at turning a profit. Seems to move against any incentives to work within your friends/guild groups to help each other out. They all should be BoE not BoP.. platesmithing arms included. Given my knowledge now I wouldn't bother with crafting. When are the purple shirts and pants going to BoP to force everyone to max their class specific trades..

So alchemy cause its easy to level.. leadership cause its the only worthwhile profession and I guess one of the new professions will be everyones choice of 3 to unlock slots. Well done.
      This discussion has been closed.