What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Suggestion] Stop your greedy ways.

124»

Comments

• bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Silly post, they want money... money.

Your not suggesting they stop wanting money?
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just curious... if everything were given away for free, how long would Neverwinter last without income from the store? Assuming that a good amount of that comes from the store?
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It all comes down to the time <--> money thing. If you have more time, you won't have to spend as much money. If you don't have a lot of time, then you will have to spend *some* money, to get the same out of the game.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Many many many F2P games charge for bag slots, charge for character slots, charge for dungeon access, charge for Best in Slot weapons, some even going so far as to charge you for 30 days of usage of certain items. This cash shop isnt nearly as bad as it could be.

Of course there are games out there that charge for everything. And most of those games are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. There are hundreds of mmos that are made to get every little penny. And, they have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> playerbase, because they are bad games. This game is supposed to be a good game. You can't compare this game to those niche pos games. This should be more on the level of WoW, and build the playerbase before alienating them. This is more on the line of a nickel and dime game from SK.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Of course there are games out there that charge for everything. And most of those games are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. There are hundreds of mmos that are made to get every little penny. And, they have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> playerbase, because they are bad games. This game is supposed to be a good game. You can't compare this game to those niche pos games. This should be more on the level of WoW, and build the playerbase before alienating them. This is more on the line of a nickel and dime game from SK.

This is a F2P game, their main goal is to get you to buy things from the cash shop like EVERY other F2P game out there. It is not comparable to a P2P game except that it has quests and you level up and you kill things.
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If I have learned anything from PW Customer service is that you should wait as long as possible to purchase anything because you are not getting your ZEN back if the item you just purchased is put on sale or price reduced 30 seconds later. Love the game, I really do but I have learned my lesson. Gonna be really thrifty with this game.
    10PM CST

• theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    deaththroe wrote: »
    If I have learned anything from PW Customer service is that you should wait as long as possible to purchase anything because you are not getting your ZEN back if the item you just purchased is put on sale or price reduced 30 seconds later. Love the game, I really do but I have learned my lesson. Gonna be really thrifty with this game.

Why would you get your zen back just because it went on sale or the price was reduced. Give me one example on when this has ever happened.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Why would you get your zen back just because it went on sale or the price was reduced. Give me one example on when this has ever happened.

There are numerous retail businesses that advertise, "If you find it cheaper elsewhere, bring us proof and we'll refund the difference."
    This is not a full refund of money spent, but it IS saying, we pride ourselves on low prices. If a competitor beats us, then...we'll make sure you get what the difference in cost is back. Doesn't matter if it's thirty cents or thirty dollars, we'll give it to you, AND let you keep the item.
    There are also quite a few retail businesses that let you take a rain check on sale priced goods that are out of stock. AT SALE PRICE.

One can argue that the "goods" for sale in the store do indeed qualify as "retail goods" and the same courtesies should be applied, but in the end it -is- up to Craptic.....and we all know they don't care about customers, only their money.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This should be more on the level of WoW...

This is simply so stupid, it needs a comment. There is nothing, not one thing AT ALL, In Cryptics years long history of making games, that indicates they want to be anything like WoW. From the design and limitations of their engine, to game play and mechanics choices. Cryptic has always kind of gone their own way.

Now of course the reaction to this is, but of course they want WoWs player count and money. Money perhaps, but players not a chance. Truth is, WoW numbers would kill Cryptic. They simply arnt large enough to handle it. Not even close to it. Cryptics goals have always been more modest. They dont need to compete with AAA games, and I dont honestly think they want to.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    There are numerous retail businesses that advertise, "If you find it cheaper elsewhere, bring us proof and we'll refund the difference."
    This is not a full refund of money spent, but it IS saying, we pride ourselves on low prices. If a competitor beats us, then...we'll make sure you get what the difference in cost is back. Doesn't matter if it's thirty cents or thirty dollars, we'll give it to you, AND let you keep the item.
    There are also quite a few retail businesses that let you take a rain check on sale priced goods that are out of stock. AT SALE PRICE.

One can argue that the "goods" for sale in the store do indeed qualify as "retail goods" and the same courtesies should be applied, but in the end it -is- up to Craptic.....and we all know they don't care about customers, only their money.

Worst analogy ever and so way off the mark.
    Neverwinter has no compitition selling the same items for less in the same game so they can not price match now can they.
    No need for a rain check as they never run out of digital goods durring a sale.

You completely failed to grasp what the poster was saying he was saying Oh Heck I bought that 2 days ago now t went on sale I want my money back.

LOL you people really need to get a clue and stopp whinning over prices.
    Wait for a sale or use your judgment as an adult as to what has value to you and stop complaing as others do buy at the current prices. If they did not then prices would have been dropped like many already have been.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Its happened to myself quite a few times, in other games. I have also worked or a few who would prorate if the purchase was made a short period of time beforehand. Its pretty reasonable that when something goes on sale a short period of time after people made purchases that they would be prorated if they attempt to contact the company about it. This is not only true in MMOs, but in most CS, period. This of course means they first have to answer tickets rather than letting them sit for 7 days to be responded to with an automated message that they are deleting it and if you still have the same issue you need to write back in again - only to wait for another 7 days, rinse repeat. Blind defense here again as usual, and I also suspect lack of experience in other MMO CS.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At the very least, they could have a grace period of, say, 1 week - if something goes on sale within 1 week of you purchasing it, they could refund you the difference. Not doing so, while technically not wrong, makes people regret their purchase and feel cheated.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    At the very least, they could have a grace period of, say, 1 week - if something goes on sale within 1 week of you purchasing it, they could refund you the difference. Not doing so, while technically not wrong, makes people regret their purchase and feel cheated.

Welcome to real life....
    Do you feel cheated....
    Darn that burger has a coupon in this weeks advert
    Wonder if McDonalds will refund my money.
  • ashnapashnap Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Look this truly is a black and white issue as so many of you want to try to convince yourselves that it is not....this game offers you a secure way to get ANYTHING from the cash shop, just by farming. This is one of the few games I have played that DOES offer this feature... Many games offer REAL MONEY ONLY services and items that the ONLY way you can get them is a "less the secure" trade with another player, or spending money.... REAL money, typically these items are game changing as well, so that the rich can utterly dominate the "poor" in the game because of it. NeverWinter does not have this flaw. I have spent money on this game because I chose to and I had the ability to. That being said, there are plenty of people who are richer in game then I could hope to be and have never dropped a dime.

Farm your "DDs", do leadership, buy Zen on a low with the AD you have and then resell on a high to make a profit. There are lots of ways to do this..... I know this is not going to be a popular statement I am about to type, but it seems as though the ones complaining are the ones who do not want to spend, nor do they want to put any effort forth either. I am not talking about playing 20 hours a day, but log in fast 2 times a day to refresh your leadership tasks, do a DD a day.... put out an effort and then reap the rewards...

You cannot have your cake and eat it as well, Cryptic/PWE need to generate a profit to validate the existence of the game and to allow for further updates..... The game truly is Free To Play, what more do you want....

All I Truly see here, are a bunch of whiny brats that want something "NOW!!" and are trying to cry until they get it.... bottom line is that you do not "NEED" perfect enchants, you do not "NEED" CN weapons, you do not "NEED" res scrolls.... you "WANT" these things, and you can have them, you just need to 1) buy them, or 2) work for them..... so again I will state this..
    >

You must not have played many games then, even if what you said were entirely true which its not. Of course you could spend months farming ad to swap for zen, but this is not new or rare in mmos.
  • mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally I feel a sense of achievement that I didn't have to break out the wallet for an account bound epic mount, 6 char slots, respec tokens, and gear for 5 level 60 chars...... Instant gratification is overrated, and completely defeats the purpose of an MMORPG..... You want Instant Gratification? Why bother even playing the game? Why not just petition cryptic to start you out at level 60 with ALL of your gear and the best mounts?

You guys talk about the game like it's a job or something "Time is money, and farming AD is too costly on my time!" and all that nonsense...... WHY ARE YOU PLAYING A GAME?!?!?! You are likely playing a game to take up some of your EXTRA time!
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm sure that before long (if it hasn't happened already), we'll start running into Neverwinter Ebabies. Basically max level Neverwinter characters that have been bought off of Ebay. I remember back in my Everquest days of grouping with one. Worse one of the lot. High level character with gear to match... who had no idea how to attack anything. What a way to get a party wiped out...

I'm taking a guess here, but perhaps some players out there have neither time nor money, so the would want everything sooner without having to wait too long or pay too much money for it.

Whatever happened to the idea of playing a game to have fun? Or is "fun doing something" an outdated concept this day and age?
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*