test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Suggestion] Stop your greedy ways.

Comments

• pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So what it comes down to is 2 groups. 1 wanting instant gratification who are willing to spend money on cash shops to get what they want right now. 2 being the group who dont necessarily want instant gratification or are unwilling to spend the money doing so. Either they are gaining AD to change into Zen or are standing on "morals" that the cash shop is "over priced".

Pure propaganda, the game is a GRIND of preposterous proportions, I'm talking an 80 hour a week job for months to get anywhere without spending money.
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Yay...love seeing post by people that understand this. Verdonix1 displays a huge amount of ignorance trying to tell us all that this is a "this or that" argument.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.
  • alantiaalantia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Such a silly topic, if you don't want to pay simply don't, end of sentence. No one is twisting anyone's arm. Just say it, it maybe out of some peoples budget. We all can still play for FREE, we don't have a monthly subscription fee hanging over our heads. Sounds like some people are jealous that others can afford more than they can to me. If we want to talk about the price of things do it without making others feel out of place because they can or can't afford to pay for items. Stop coveting your neighbors goods. How many more of these threads are going to pop up?
    It is what it is:cool:
    edited July 2013
    And? The full set of level 60 gear isnt available on the Zen store. Bags and mounts are.

I retracted my statement, as I misunderstood you. You can buy anything in the AH.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yeah its called "you still work for cryptic and get a pay check" royalties. Now maybe I'm missing something here so feel free to provide proof of this, cause I'm sure thats not how it works in the game industry. Maybe if you, theviking2006, created a zen market item and cryptic wanted to sell it, they might owe you royalties, but otherwise...

You keep trying to make an argument that a company that makes something, despite it being digital, doesnt deserve to price it how they see fit.
    pelomixa wrote: »
    I retracted my statement, as I misunderstood you. You can buy anything in the AH.

Oh I forgot that they sold level 60 purple gear on the Zen store. You are correct. Its uinder Items right? Right next to all of the other level 60 gear. Oh how could I miss that.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sure, if you have endless time to play the game, they don't make it easy to earn AD, purposely.

Perfect World realizes that people who can pay are normally the same group of people who work all day. If you work all day, and want to play end game content, you will have to buy a lot of zen with the current game model. Anyone who argues this point is either

A. not end game.

B. spewing propaganda to entice new victims.

Lol wow.

A. I work 40-50 hours a week, am a very casual player and have invested 0 dollars into the game.

B. I have a 60 CW that has completed every T2 (minus dread vault) and CN many times, 60 GWF, epic account bound mount, 6 character slots, and Ioun stone.

I play maybe 2-3 hours in the evening if I even get on that day. This game is incredibly fast from 1-60 and so easy to get geared up just by running one DD a day.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    alantia wrote: »
    Such a silly topic, if you don't want to pay simply don't, end of sentence. No one is twisting anyone's arm. Just say it, it maybe out of some peoples budget. We all can still play for FREE, we don't have a monthly subscription fee hanging over our heads. Sounds like some people are jealous that others can afford more than they can to me. If we want to talk about the price of things do it without making others feel out of place because they can or can't afford to pay for items. Stop coveting your neighbors goods. How many more of these threads are going to pop up?

Bingo, 100% agree
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You keep trying to make an argument that a company that makes something, despite it being digital, doesnt deserve to price it how they see fit.
    Seriously? I thought you and I were having an actual discussion. Now you have to go and try to tell me what I am saying. Please show me where I said that Cryptic is not allowed to charge for something. That's just stupid and you trying to say that I said that is pretty stupid as well. I have only said that I think the prices are too high...but thats ok...try to turn this into a kindergartener argument.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
    edited July 2013

Oh I forgot that they sold level 60 purple gear on the Zen store. You are correct. Its uinder Items right? Right next to all of the other level 60 gear. Oh how could I miss that.

Read what I said again.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Seriously? I thought you and I were having an actual discussion. Now you have to go and try to tell me what I am saying. Please show me where I said that Cryptic is not allowed to charge for something. That's just stupid and you trying to say that I said that is pretty stupid as well. I have only said that I think the prices are too high...but thats ok...try to turn this into a kindergartener argument.

Im sorry for coming off as drastic as I did, I thought that was where you were going with your argument.

I see items on a Cash Shop like a developer selling a game as a digital download. They can lower their price and maybe get more sales, but that also depends on one factor. The amount of people willing to pay for that item. We cant take the forum goers as the majority of players in game so we dont know what kind of sales they are actually getting at their current prices. There may not be any need for them to lower prices besides a vocal minority.
    edited July 2013
    Read what I said again.

I made sure I read it quite thoroughly before you ninja-edited it.
    edited July 2013
    I made sure I read it quite thoroughly before you ninja edited it.

Apology accepted.
    edited July 2013
    Apology accepted.

That wasnt an apology. You were wrong and I called you out on it. Them you back peddled because you found out you were wrong.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im sorry for coming off as drastic as I did, I thought that was where you were going with your argument.

I see items on a Cash Shop like a developer selling a game as a digital download. They can lower their price and maybe get more sales, but that also depends on one factor. The amount of people willing to pay for that item. We cant take the forum goers as the majority of players in game so we dont know what kind of sales they are actually getting at their current prices. There may not be any need for them to lower prices besides a vocal minority.

Well as a lot of people have said in the past, Cryptic most assuredly has metrics on the sales of items. Even though I think the prices are too high, the majority of the people playing may not and may be saying this with their wallet. I would still love to see a second round of discounts.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
    edited July 2013
    Well as a lot of people have said in the past, Cryptic most assuredly has metrics on the sales of items. Even though I think the prices are too high, the majority of the people playing may not and may be saying this with their wallet. I would still love to see a second round of discounts.

Im hoping they start with a rotating weekly sale. Then things can be discounted for a while enticing people to buy the items on sale, but it is limited time so they do go back to their normal price as people must be buying it at that price right now.
    edited July 2013
    That wasnt an apology. You were wrong and I called you out on it. Them you back peddled because you found out you were wrong.

Read what I said again, this time pay attention. If you want I can spell it out for you. 1
    edited July 2013
    Read what I said again, this time pay attention. If you want I can spell it out for you.

You obviously struggle with getting your point across so you should spell it out for both of our sakes.
    edited July 2013
    I made sure I read it quite thoroughly before you ninja edited it.

You must not have read it too thoroughly since its the same in your post as my (ninja edit), which would indicate I successfully edited it prior to your inaccurate response.
    edited July 2013
    You must not have read it too thoroughly since its the same in your post as my (ninja edit), which would indicate I successfully edited it prior to your inaccurate response.

And yet you were still wrong about items being in the Zen Store, like both you and I know you wrote.
    edited July 2013
    And yet you were still wrong about items being in the Zen Store, like both you and I know you wrote.

I was not wrong, I misread what you said. There is a difference.
    edited July 2013
    I was not wrong, I misread what you said. There is a difference.

You misread it and so you were correct? You are right or wrong you arent kinda right or kinda wrong.
    edited July 2013
    Oh and your original statement claiming that post edit's change the quote's in future posts was also WRONG. Didnt think I saw that did you? I won't hold it against you, as you did with my mistake. Have a nice day. I saw the ninja edit.
    edited July 2013
    Oh and your original statement claiming that post edit's change the quote's in future posts was also WRONG. Didnt think I saw that did you? I won't hold it against you, as you did with my mistake. Have a nice day. I saw the ninja edit.

Which post was edited? The only one I see was the edit to add a hyphen to ninja-edit.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am not referencing how much time it takes to earn in game. I am referencing Instant Gratification and people who arent willing to pony up and get it despite them wanting it so badly.

Then you should not have replied to a post referencing how long it takes to get in game with all this instant gratification "if youre willing to pay" stuff. The validity of this argument hinges on two things. 1. Price of convenience, and 2. Amount of time it takes to get the item in game. Comparitive analysis shows that one can have an entire suit of purple items much faster than they can get a couple bags and a mount, so the time factor is not in the defenders favor currently - not by a long shot.
    People complain about prices because they want the thing that is "over priced" but arent willing to pay for it. I wonder if this mentality will work on the nearby Jag dealership.

Ah yes the car analogy, bound to show up sometime I suppose. It would work at a jag dealership if no one bought jags until they dropped their prices. With the economy the way it is, there are alot more frugal ways to get around town after all. Luxury is a tax that is afforded less and less nowdays.
    edited July 2013
    You misread it and so you were correct? You are right or wrong you arent kinda right or kinda wrong.

Again trying to say its a black and white situation - when in reality its a huge gray area - where one can be more right or more wrong depending on the time factor - the question of "how much convenience are we talking about here". cannot be answered with a yes or a no.
    edited July 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Again trying to say its a black and white situation - when in reality its a huge gray area - where one can be more right or more wrong depending on the time factor - the question of "how much convenience are we talking about here". cannot be answered with a yes or a no.

Jumping into an argument and trying to skew it to your purposes! Yeah go you! He was wrong and decided to edit his post. He knows he was wrong and changed it. Misreading something doesnt make him less wrong.
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Lol at this! "Yes sir I realize that the pricetag says 62,000 but me and these other 25 previous jaguar owners think that it's overpriced so I'll give you 15,000 for it" you would be removed from the premises...

....and straight to the mazda dealership. Hey youre not in the jag bracket, but since you have 15k and need a car, maybe we can help.

Depends on how many of them think its overpriced. If the only thing the jag salesman ever hears is crickets chirping because no one comes in to buy their 62000 cars they would have to suspect something is amiss with the price. The right price may not be 15k, but a price lower than 62k would be needed to entice possible buyers.

Its not tough to see that this is a grey area issue and not as black and white as the defenders would have you believe guys,...
    edited July 2013
    Jumping into an argument and trying to skew it to your purposes! Yeah go you! He was wrong and decided to edit his post. He knows he was wrong and changed it. Misreading something doesnt make him less wrong.

It doesnt make it a black and white issue either. You lost the disagreement the minute you made it out to be a black and white issue, regardless of what type of posting semantics you feel the need to point out to draw the attention away from the leaky siv of blind defense.

Welcome to the grey area. Cookies and refreshments are on the left.
  • raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Edited due to forum failure
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    240 a year gets you acess to all content they will make for that year, F2P you only touch tip of the iceberg, you can get over that 240 in first day off just buying the stuff in the store. F2P is more about grab money fast before the casual player leaves the game. Meaning when a game is F2P they don't think their game can hold players. Probably because they built it for those fleeting customers who are not hard core fans. Which is really why games for the past 4 years have sucked ***.

I can tolerate a Cash Shop I cannot tolerate those Gambling boxes, why is it legal to gamble with real money in a game, but I can't even do that in my state?

What are you buying in the store that costs you $240 on your first day? The only thing I've bought so far is one bag and one companion. I didn't really need either, but decided to splurge a little.

I play STO, which also has those annoying lockboxes. I've not purchased any keys in either game because if I am going to make a purchase I want to know exactly what it is I am buying and at what price so that I can determine if the item will give me value relative to the cost. I'm not interested in maybe I'll get something worthwhile from opening the box when I'm more likely to get a lump of coal.

I am an adult capable of thinking for myself and making decisions about how I will spend my money. I'm not going to feel any sympathy for other adults who can not do the same.
    andotaco wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, Laws and Reason have not really gotten along for the better part of human existence... Laws are always motivated by giving a particular party/group/incomebracket some form of advantage through either direct or convoluted means... In conclusion, laws outside of the super horrific ones are meant to be broken so long as you're not a mouth breathing sheep (most of the world is).

Anyway... you're point about ftp being a cash grab is 100% accurate. Contrary to what tinkerstorm seems to be getting at, FTP generally cost a customer FAR more money than a subscription based game, while also giving the developers excuses to not provide pay to play levels of service. It's simply a lazy manipulative business model designed to pray on the weak minded, and children with their parents credit cards.

In the end, we only have players to blame for the shift in the mmo industry. Morons buy infinitely replicated digital content for large amounts of money which essentially is telling the devs that they are doing something right. If we as a gaming population want this ftp plague to go away, we are all going to have to talk with our wallets and stop buying dumb ****.

F2P games costs me far less than subscription based games. In fact, I used to spend three times as much each year to play just one subscription MMO compared to what I now spend to play three cash-shop MMOs.

As for blaming the players, fools have been getting separated from their money for thousands of years; no need to fault MMO publishers for that. And if other players blowing far more of their income buying mounts means I'm spending less than I used to spend, all the better for me.