test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• arcanawolfarcanawolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    l0th4ri0 wrote: »
    LOL easy guys... click, arcana... shake hands, now... Geez.

If you read back a few posts, I was the one who told him about the rings, so OBVIOUSLY he copied from ME. LMAO

Haha well so you did! I always see you making contributions to this thread so this comes as no surprise to me. And thank you for clearing this matter up! I am happy to see this unfounded accusation debunked.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    LOL copied my Neck and Rings...

Hello and welcome to the thread! I take no offense, and my sincerest apologies if it seemed like I copied you. But I would like to assure you that I have been completely unaware of your gear setup as I, and my guild, have always played against you and never with you. I wasn't aware that you had a separate setup for PVP, but I have seen your PVE gear I believe. Like Arcana said, I consider you as one of the best TR's in the server. When I see you in the PVP participant roster, I'm always extra wary. :p I haven't had the opportunity to play against the other rumored great TR's such as those from the Dragon Server, but during the times that we have faced together, I never once managed to kill you properly other than that lucky kill I got in that one match. I still have a lot to learn, but being able to play against beasts like you guys will definitely help me think of how to further improve this supposedly PVE build for PVP as well.

And for the record I actually got the idea from l0th4ri0. We have been discussing regen gear before, you see. And have always wondered if there were regen gear for the level 60 mark ever since I tested that Life Steal gear for PVP didn't prove to be enough to help against the bugged pots. I would never do something as underhanded as having someone else observe you, and if possible, I'd ask you directly myself.

Let's all do our best to help keep things civil and remain helpful! Your experience as a veteran TR is invaluable for the development of the community.

And I personally would like to thank Arcana and l0th4rio. I'm glad it didn't blow up to becoming an argument! We really should steer clear from those stuff. :D
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'll just take your word for it, then. Didn't want to start trouble in here. Was just a little coincidental and funny to see the Rings and Neck I wear posted by you.
  • tope1159tope1159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    Please don't let this thread get closed off due to flame wars too. :(
    edited July 2013
    I'll just take your word for it, then. Didn't want to start trouble in here. Was just a little coincidental and funny to see the Rings and Neck I wear posted by you.

Yeah, I get how you would have thought that I copied you, man. We did have a couple of matches lately (which wasn't really much of a match since, it's as if you can see me in stealth.) that were pretty much back to back. I was actually torn between Amulet of Flame and Bloodied Frostwolf Pelt for the neck piece. Amulet of Flame has Crit, Power and Regen while Frostwolf Pelt has ArPen, Life Steal and Regen. Both of which are really cheap in the AH too. But I deemed that increasing crit% as much as possible would be imperative for TR's who took the executioner path.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I'd like to say kudos to you for being able to reach the conclusion that Regen is a useful stat in PVP much earlier. I learn a lot from playing against you, so I'm looking forward to meeting you some more in the matches. And maybe one of these days I can actually get a clean kill from you using this Stealth Build against your mysterious and effective PVP setup. Keep up the good work. :)
    tope1159 wrote: »
    Please don't let this thread get closed off due to flame wars too. :(

Oh no you don't have to worry about that! I assure you that any and all sparks of flame will be quelled down before it gets any bigger. I'm confident that each and every one of our contributors in here are level-headed and mature. And they're dang awesome to boot!
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bane, you float his ego too much.

Your a much better rogue than he is.
    edited July 2013
    Now now, I know you guys have a bit of a misunderstanding in the past but let's not start arguments in this here thread, alright my bros? If possible we should try not to argue at all. Everyone just needs to chill out, maybe have a smoke and a coffee. :D And I definitely have a lot to learn in PVP before I can possibly hope to participate in the league of beasts like you guys! Just keep the information flowing as usual, guys. Your experiences help further improve the level of knowledge of our entire community and I would gladly support you guys in whatever possible way I can.

Oh and some news. Currently we have the following Stealth TR's in Mindflayer who can do Stealth Delves.

- Banelorne Fellbanner
    - XxIRONICxNAMExX
    - Shadow
    - Edmund Guthrie
    - Samm Silvershaper
    - Galactus Unicorn

So that's 6 of us so far. All we need to do is to get online at the same time. I'm thinking this coming weekend would be nice. I also made a Custom Channel for Stealth TR chats, just in case we start growing in number, we can arrange for runs or even just have a friendly conversation with the others.

If anyone else wishes to join the growing list of Stealth TR's who can do runs with us on Mindflayer, please do not hesitate to tell us no matter how under-geared you are! I would welcome people even if they merely wish to experience how it is to play on 5-man TR runs.
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I get how you would have thought that I copied you, man. We did have a couple of matches lately (which wasn't really much of a match since, it's as if you can see me in stealth.) that were pretty much back to back. I was actually torn between Amulet of Flame and Bloodied Frostwolf Pelt for the neck piece. Amulet of Flame has Crit, Power and Regen while Frostwolf Pelt has ArPen, Life Steal and Regen. Both of which are really cheap in the AH too. But I deemed that increasing crit% as much as possible would be imperative for TR's who took the executioner path.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I'd like to say kudos to you for being able to reach the conclusion that Regen is a useful stat in PVP much earlier. I learn a lot from playing against you, so I'm looking forward to meeting you some more in the matches. And maybe one of these days I can actually get a clean kill from you using this Stealth Build against your mysterious and effective PVP setup. Keep up the good work. :)

I can't see anyone in stealth, although I've been accused of hacking by permastealth Rogues that get butthurt when I own them. I merely run around and the second I run past a stealthed Rogue, I hit them to bring them out of stealth or make them restealth. You can also see stealthed players for about 3 seconds after they restealth. I just predict where they're trying to run and hide. It's all about outplaying and out-thinking your opponents.

I only switched to Regen gear because like you, I'm sick of the bugged OP floating potions on the maps not working. Also, like I said in another thread, Rejuv potions get expensive when you PvP a lot. Especially because more and more people finally found out that you can use them in PvP even though they've been available to everyone since this game launched. I would actually prefer to not use Regen gear and use my burst gear setup instead.
    lichlament wrote: »
    Bane, you float his ego too much.

Your a much better rogue than he is.

Nice flame bait bro. Trying to pollute and derail yet another thread, eh? There's a reason why Banelorne praises my skill. Because he's modest and civil, I won't post the results of the 3 games we've played against each other in here. Let's just say that your attempt at making me look bad would once again be shot down.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Now now, I know you guys have a bit of a misunderstanding in the past but let's not start arguments in this here thread, alright my bros? If possible we should try not to argue at all. Everyone just needs to chill out, maybe have a smoke and a coffee. :D And I definitely have a lot to learn in PVP before I can possibly hope to participate in the league of beasts like you guys! Just keep the information flowing as usual, guys. Your experiences help further improve the level of knowledge of our entire community and I would gladly support you guys in whatever possible way I can.

Oh and some news. Currently we have the following Stealth TR's in Mindflayer who can do Stealth Delves.

- Banelorne Fellbanner
    - XxIRONICxNAMExX
    - Shadow
    - Edmund Guthrie
    - Samm Silvershaper
    - Galactus Unicorn

So that's 6 of us so far. All we need to do is to get online at the same time. I'm thinking this coming weekend would be nice. I also made a Custom Channel for Stealth TR chats, just in case we start growing in number, we can arrange for runs or even just have a friendly conversation with the others.

If anyone else wishes to join the growing list of Stealth TR's who can do runs with us on Mindflayer, please do not hesitate to tell us no matter how under-geared you are! I would welcome people even if they merely wish to experience how it is to play on 5-man TR runs.

Feel free to add my TR (Geist) to that list as he is largely a stealth TR - which can be much harder when you're wearing Swashbuckling Captain's gear instead of Battlefield Skulker as it makes the timing much trickier! :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• fabfestafabfesta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Bane,

maybe we want to update a couple of things in the first page (especially for the guys starting now a rogue to try this build):

race: I havent done much calculations on it but it seems that human really trample the other races due to the possibility of adding 3/3 in scoundrel training for a flat 9% damage to our at wills. I would highlight it for starter chars. We might even start a discussion to see if it worth it with the T2 set and enough recovery to drop some points from improved cunning sneak for it (I think the answer is no but might be worth it some maths)

stats stacking: I think the discussing on regen was golden. It is not a very big dps loss but it increases quality of life drammatically (due to decreased pot usuage). We might wanna add a section on it to advice new people in the choices of off-set gear.

weapon/armor enchants: I think those dont differ from the cookie cutter builds but it might be worth mentioning. I think it helps chars that are saving AD while preparing a shopping list

weapon damage Vs stats: It might be worth suggesting (in terms of dps jump) if it is better to save first for a 481 (or even 492) damage weapon or go for the T2 off set pieces

Ok ciao ciao now I have to run to the beach... I will finish this later
    edited July 2013
    Man I'm jealous. Been months since I last hit the beach. How long will your vacation last?

And I'll be doing updates later for sure. Just gotta finish my dailies in the game for now and invoke. :D You pointed out some good things, bro. I'll need to make the PVP and Gear sections a bit more extensive than the others.
    edited July 2013
    Made some updates to the guide!

- Gear and Stat Preference section.
    - The Contributor's Corner.
    - PVP Strategies and Gear.
    - And some other minor stuff.

Check em out. :) If you guys have anything to contribute or if there are any clarifications needed, please feel free to raise them!
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey todes, great edits to the guide, bro! Quick thing: the seal of the executioner is 15 pegasus seals. :)
    edited July 2013
    Edited! Thanks a bunch, and I appreciate you skimming through the updates, man. :)
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ick. No way I am running this. No way in hell.

I ran into one of these guys last night. Funny enough we were doing 5 TR PVP just to screw around. While I find this build to stay stealthed for a long time and do some moderate damage and move VERY fast, it is only useful for distracting 2-3 people for a meager amount of time.

But hey, that is just my opinion.
    edited July 2013
    I do agree that the build is still somewhat lacking for the PVP department. However, I find that in my experience, that meager amount of time you can distract 3 or more people at their own tower is usually enough for your allies to take the other towers in certain situations. It's annoying and cowardly, but someone has to do it at some point.

Thank you for your feedback! And we'll do our best to make this PVE build more enticing for PVP as well.
  • drovanadrovana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well i know this is not the place for it, but sadly i cannot create new threads so maybe someone can do it for me, and because is some sort related to this build maybe you will find it useful.

The issue seems to be some kind of bug between Ioun stone of allure and gloaming cut. After some time of testing i found gloaming cut is working fine until i summon the ioun stone, then gloaming cut fails to give the 25% stealth bar for killing if you kill the mobs too fast; that is works in the first kill and not in the upcoming unless you let pass some time between each one. At first i thought some problem with a runestone and/or item, but i cleared the companion and the problem remains.
    I did the testing in a low lvl area to ensure a 1 shot kill.

It will be nice is someone can test it as well, to see if have the same problem as me.
    I apologice in advance for my english.

PD: I failed to mention that the problem arises when you are in stealth mode, out of stealth seems to works fine all the time.
  • aselia669aselia669 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's my Solo Run of Caverns of Karrundax, not the epic btw and my first solo run. I'm trying to see how enemies in this dungeon would react to stealth. Might try Epic if I'm motivated enough to do it...

Karruslayer.jpg

So far Flame Spikers seems to react to stealth, they keep casting those Pillars of fire at random directions, Ash Disciples would move back and leave a trail of fire, Magera would react the same way as flamespikers and Karrundax can see you and throw fireballs at you.
  • moonchild031070moonchild031070 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drovana wrote: »
    Well i know this is not the place for it, but sadly i cannot create new threads so maybe someone can do it for me, and because is some sort related to this build maybe you will find it useful.

The issue seems to be some kind of bug between Ioun stone of allure and gloaming cut. After some time of testing i found gloaming cut is working fine until i summon the ioun stone, then gloaming cut fails to give the 25% stealth bar for killing if you kill the mobs too fast; that is works in the first kill and not in the upcoming unless you let pass some time between each one. At first i thought some problem with a runestone and/or item, but i cleared the companion and the problem remains.

It will be nice is someone can test it as well, to see if have the same problem as me.

PD: I failed to mention that the problem arises when you are in stealth mode, out of stealth seems to works fine all the time.

Same here bro :(
  • anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I just had the weirdest game ever.I was in the same team with click against barleone...
    edited July 2013
    Ick. No way I am running this. No way in hell.

I ran into one of these guys last night. Funny enough we were doing 5 TR PVP just to screw around. While I find this build to stay stealthed for a long time and do some moderate damage and move VERY fast, it is only useful for distracting 2-3 people for a meager amount of time.

But hey, that is just my opinion.

I run into Bane clones almost daily now and sadly, they just are not that good at either running the set up or they havent encountered a rogue that is built to counter stealth builds.

When I see a stealth build on the other team I let the team know.. i got this person 1v1...worry about the rest.

9.9 times out of ten, I end up with 20 + kills and the stealth quits or doesn't bother with the back cap anymore.

I will go against my initial thoughts and I will be posting the counter build to the stealth build aka... my build...

Only one other rogue uses it on Mindflayer ( that i am aware of ) ... Caszar.

no drop in dps and full ability to counter stealth builds.
    edited July 2013
    I just had the weirdest game ever.I was in the same team with click against barleone...

thats a screenshot I would have liked to see in the results department.
    edited July 2013

This game's matchmaking never wants me to play with Bane, always against him and his guildies. I think I've faced him 6 or 7 times now, never on his team.
  • anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    thats a screenshot I would have liked to see in the results department.

No hard feelings , i have it all recorded on my harddrive.Also i want to mention i hadnt any kind of pots in that game.Click was doing all the killing and i was defendin base mostly from baddass permastealth :D

lawl_zpsdab5ccc4.png
    edited July 2013
    No hard feelings , i have it all recorded on my harddrive.Also i want to mention i hadnt any kind of pots in that game.Click was doing all the killing and i was defendin base mostly from baddass permastealth :D

lawl_zpsdab5ccc4.png

Haha that was actually the last match I played before I slept yesterday. Gave me bad dreams. :p I was completely blocked by Click. Beast as always! But then at the same time, it's a learning experience. There were 2 opportunities I could have gotten a kill from you, man, but Click got to me much faster than I could deal damage so that's my failure as a PVP-er. I see him running towards where I am before I can actually do anything. All 4 deaths were from Click. I couldn't concentrate on doing anything else since my stealth was dropping much faster than I anticipated. Couldn't cap points or deal a decent amount of damage. :\ I'll need to train up my skills and get better gear and mount for PVP and fast. But I also want to get better PVE gear and an Ioun Stone. So much that still needs improving.

I actually had a guildie with me in that match. Before the match started I was telling her "Oh it's Sorrow, he made a new guide in the forum. You should check it out." Then I saw Click and was all like "Aw sh**, Click and Sorrow in one team. We'll lose this for sure." :p
    edited July 2013
    I run into Bane clones almost daily now and sadly, they just are not that good at either running the set up or they havent encountered a rogue that is built to counter stealth builds.

When I see a stealth build on the other team I let the team know.. i got this person 1v1...worry about the rest.

9.9 times out of ten, I end up with 20 + kills and the stealth quits or doesn't bother with the back cap anymore.

I will go against my initial thoughts and I will be posting the counter build to the stealth build aka... my build...

Only one other rogue uses it on Mindflayer ( that i am aware of ) ... Caszar.

no drop in dps and full ability to counter stealth builds.

Dude, I can't wait. I'll definitely give the guide a read. :) I'm a fan of counter-builds myself so you got support from one guy right here. I have seen some well-geared stealth rogues that I find real beastly. Kyudo, Butter My Muffin, Sobad, Quescia (if I remember correctly), all of em are real skilled and definitely play better than I do in PVP.

I've got to learn more if I want to play at a competitive stage.
    edited July 2013
    drovana wrote: »

Hey, Drovana. Thank you so much for this report. I actually was not aware that the Ioun Stone is currently affecting the Gloaming Cut mechanics, but it seems that Moonchild is also experiencing the same thing, so that's one person attesting to this bug. I'll have some of my TR's in the guild later to test this out for us. If by any chance you find a solution, or if there are any additional details you can find regarding this bug, please keep us posted. Thank you once more. :)
    aselia669 wrote: »
    Here's my Solo Run of Caverns of Karrundax, not the epic btw and my first solo run. I'm trying to see how enemies in this dungeon would react to stealth. Might try Epic if I'm motivated enough to do it...

Karruslayer.jpg

So far Flame Spikers seems to react to stealth, they keep casting those Pillars of fire at random directions, Ash Disciples would move back and leave a trail of fire, Magera would react the same way as flamespikers and Karrundax can see you and throw fireballs at you.

A good run, Aselia. Did you get rubberbanding issues when you faced Magera? I usually get it on the epic version. The Flamespikers are really troublesome. It also doesn't help that the red areas they make blend perfectly with the redness of the entire dungeon so sometimes it can be hard to see whether you are standing on a red or not. Good job, man! Karrundax is one tough boss to down solo.
    edited July 2013
    Haha that was actually the last match I played before I slept yesterday. Gave me bad dreams. :p I was completely blocked by Click. Beast as always! But then at the same time, it's a learning experience. There were 2 opportunities I could have gotten a kill from you, man, but Click got to me much faster than I could deal damage so that's my failure as a PVP-er. I see him running towards where I am before I can actually do anything. All 4 deaths were from Click. I couldn't concentrate on doing anything else since my stealth was dropping much faster than I anticipated. Couldn't cap points or deal a decent amount of damage. :\ I'll need to train up my skills and get better gear and mount for PVP and fast. But I also want to get better PVE gear and an Ioun Stone. So much that still needs improving.

I actually had a guildie with me in that match. Before the match started I was telling her "Oh it's Sorrow, he made a new guide in the forum. You should check it out." Then I saw Click and was all like "Aw sh**, Click and Sorrow in one team. We'll lose this for sure." :p

For me its more about gs.I got rank 5 enchants , a lesser vorpal , not even a soulforged! Also not ancient daggers.Your mechanics were **** good though , you kept me out of battle for a long time trying to protect our capping points.
    edited July 2013

LOL

Yeah you do need a faster mount and better gear. Gear will only get you so far though. I've played with and against plenty of pay to win players that are decked out in the same or better gear than I am, and they still suck.

You're good at stealthing and being sneaky, but that only works on non-skilled and badly geared players in PvP (which is admittedly 80% of everyone that queues for PvP).

Your build / spec is basically a variation of permastealth but without going all-in on gear, Feats, and re-roll of stats. I've said this in other threads: I have 0 respect for people that uses cheese permastealth and I easily counter them... most of the time without having to use Path of the Blade. I only respect you Bane, because you're civil, modest, and you've been trying to help out struggling Rogues for a long time.

What I'm trying to say is, your build and playstyle works well against baddies with bad gear, but unless you change up your Encounters and spec for PvP, other people who mainly focus on PvP will outclass you. It's not a knock on you as a player, it's just your build and spec is geared towards PvE and not PvP.

I know you still enjoy trying to solo dungeons and aren't sick of running the same boring dungeons for the 50th+ time, but I've been sick of that stuff for a long time. That's why I've switched to PvP, even if it's imbalanced and riddled with problems such as bots, bad players with bad gear, and people quitting/AFK'ing all the time.

Anyway, it's always interesting meeting you in-game. Maybe someday matchmaking will put us on the same team for a change...
    edited July 2013
    For me its more about gs.I got rank 5 enchants , a lesser vorpal , not even a soulforged! Also not ancient daggers.Your mechanics were **** good though , you kept me out of battle for a long time trying to protect our capping points.

Hey, man. I feel you. I've got Rank 5 - 6 cheap enchants, Lesser Plague Fire that a guildie gave to me when I was a new level 60, and still using my Battlefield Scavenger PVP daggers. I'd like to get a Greater or Perfect Vorpal myself but lol... even the lesser one is out of my budget right now. I don't think I have the means to drop more AD's for my PVP gear until I finish my PVE gear first.

Oh and thank you btw. You performed really great as well, 10 kills with 0 deaths, even with a beast like Click on the team those KD stats are admirable. Other rogues would have had at least 1 - 2 deaths.

As for me, I can't wait to face up or play with you guys again. It's fun to be able to play PVP with people you know around. Makes things less stressful. I'll wave you hello next time I see you in Trade of Blades! It's nice to meet you, Sorrow. :)
    LOL

Yeah you do need a faster mount and better gear. Gear will only get you so far though. I've played with and against plenty of pay to win players that are decked out in the same or better gear than I am, and they still suck.

You're good at stealthing and being sneaky, but that only works on non-skilled and badly geared players in PvP (which is admittedly 80% of everyone that queues for PvP).

Your build / spec is basically a variation of permastealth but without going all-in on gear, Feats, and re-roll of stats. I've said this in other threads: I have 0 respect for people that uses cheese permastealth and I easily counter them... most of the time without having to use Path of the Blade. I only respect you Bane, because you're civil, modest, and you've been trying to help out struggling Rogues for a long time.

What I'm trying to say is, your build and playstyle works well against baddies with bad gear, but unless you change up your Encounters and spec for PvP, other people who mainly focus on PvP will outclass you. It's not a knock on you as a player, it's just your build and spec is geared towards PvE and not PvP.

I know you still enjoy trying to solo dungeons and aren't sick of running the same boring dungeons for the 50th+ time, but I've been sick of that stuff for a long time. That's why I've switched to PvP, even if it's imbalanced and riddled with problems such as bots, bad players with bad gear, and people quitting/AFK'ing all the time.

Anyway, it's always interesting meeting you in-game. Maybe someday matchmaking will put us on the same team for a change...

Hey, Click! Glad to see you drop by in our small thread again. Thank you very much for the tips and feedback, as well as for your words of recognition towards my personality. It's those words that make the efforts I put into this guide all the more worth it, and I really appreciate them. :)

Anyway, you sure gave me another schooling in that past match of ours and I think I'll try to mix up some new encounters and see how things pan out for me. I most usually just switch my "R" encounter with the things I might need for that match, but Bait and Switch as well as Shadow Strike never gets removed. I may as well try to remove BaS and try out some other encounters so I can train myself not to need to much stealth in order to play PVP. I thought of trying out your encounter setup since we do have a similar gear setup. But I fear it might not work as well for me due to the fact that our feats are not entirely the same. Not to mention the latency I experience due to me living around South East Asia... just horrible at times so I may not be able to pull it off. But for sure (maybe when there are new paragon paths introduced), I may find a setup that better suits this PVE build for PVP. Though if you've got suggestions, my ears are wide open. A veteran player's insights contain a lot of lessons in my opinion.

And you got that right, man. :D I don't think I'll ever get tired of doing dungeons with people I know. I believe that there still might be other interesting ways to play these dungeons. Solo, 5-man stealth delving, ways that actually incorporate GWF's and GF's and not just the usual 2 DC, 2 CW, 1 TR setup, and I really would like to keep exploring the many possibilities. So it may take a while before I really get tired of running dungeons. I love both PVP and PVE and I still have a lot of things to do in the game, that's for sure.

And yes please, for a change I'd like match-making to be kinder and actually put me in a team with you and not against you so I can better see how you do your matches. It's always better to see things first hand!