test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• Options
    aselia669aselia669 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A good run, Aselia. Did you get rubberbanding issues when you faced Magera? I usually get it on the epic version. The Flamespikers are really troublesome. It also doesn't help that the red areas they make blend perfectly with the redness of the entire dungeon so sometimes it can be hard to see whether you are standing on a red or not. Good job, man! Karrundax is one tough boss to down solo.

I'm pretty much used to rubberbanding :p, playing from SEA btw and pretty much impossible to dodge Karrundax's Circular Wind Blast with a constant ping of 300+ ms.

I have experienced the same bug as Drovana about the Ioun stone and gloaming cut.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice. Where are you from in SEA? And if you're playing on Mindflayer, we should do a stealth run sometime! :)

Also it seems that a lot of TR's experience this bug with Gloaming Cut + Ioun Stone. This may merit a report. I'll see to it that this issue gets a thread in the bugs forum. :)
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have being leveling up a Rogue with this build, and has been fantastic fun.

Thank you for posting it, todesfaelle.

I've been going without a pet so far, but I see now some of you are using the Ioun Stone (though now it appears to be glitched with Gloaming Cut, so it may not be the best until it's fixed, which will hopefully be soon).

I have been avoiding any companions as I thought they might interfere with the stealth ability. Do either of the companion types, active or passive, cause issues with stealth, or can they be used safely with this build?
  • Options
    skittles1123skittles1123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Companions will draw the agro so if your trying to be super sneaky then yes companions affect stealth. However once I got my cleric I never looked back even with the companion you kill so fast it doesn't matter too much. Oh BTW great guide BANELORNE having a blast in leveling pvp with it. I know its not a big deal since im still leveling and people like click would own me but man it sure is fun
  • Options
    xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    Your build / spec is basically a variation of permastealth but without going all-in on gear, Feats, and re-roll of stats. I've said this in other threads: I have 0 respect for people that uses cheese permastealth and I easily counter them..

Of course you easily counter them. 99% of the people playing this game have no clue what they are doing in pvp and usually just copy other people's build/spec/style without innovating and improving~

Anyways, nice seeing you again Banelorne! Too bad everyone in your team left, it would have been fun ~!
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Companions will draw the agro so if your trying to be super sneaky then yes companions affect stealth. However once I got my cleric I never looked back even with the companion you kill so fast it doesn't matter too much. Oh BTW great guide BANELORNE having a blast in leveling pvp with it. I know its not a big deal since im still leveling and people like click would own me but man it sure is fun

Ahhh, I was hoping that the passive ones like the Ioun Stones would not cause aggro. I'll just do without then, as I was considering getting the blue Ioun Stone, but if it will negate my stealth I won't bother. It appears from posts above there is a problem with it and Gloaming Cut at the moment anyway.

Thanks for your response.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    I have being leveling up a Rogue with this build, and has been fantastic fun.

Thank you for posting it, todesfaelle.

I've been going without a pet so far, but I see now some of you are using the Ioun Stone (though now it appears to be glitched with Gloaming Cut, so it may not be the best until it's fixed, which will hopefully be soon).

I have been avoiding any companions as I thought they might interfere with the stealth ability. Do either of the companion types, active or passive, cause issues with stealth, or can they be used safely with this build?

Hey, Knightfalz. Thank you so much and I'm glad to hear you're currently having a good time using this build! I myself have been running dungeons without pets so far, not even a cleric, mainly because pets, like Skittles1123 has mentioned, will draw unwanted AoE's from certain mobs. Just running a party with other players who are not stealth rogues tend to be real troublesome for us as they make mobs spam those red circles on the ground. We tend to work best when teamed up with other TR's who can mask their presence for a prolonged period of time, even if they're not using a stealth build.

Passive companions however, like the Ioun Stones and Cat, do not generate any unwanted aggro (from what I know). So you should be safe using a Stone or Cat. But until the Gloaming Cut + Stone bug gets fixed, we'll have to make do with the +10% Stealth we get from Gloaming Cut hits and try to play without the factor of the extra +25% we get from getting a kill.

Thank you so much, Skittles! I'm glad to hear that you're finding success in using this build for PVP. You should share some of your experiences sometime, and maybe some of the tips and tricks you can divulge to your fellow Stealth TR's as well. PVP is one of the areas where the build can still improve with so if you find anything out, don't hesitate to share your stuff!

And that is true, Click is really skilled. So once you hit the 60's and you find his name on the roster, I recommend that you be extra careful. But there are more beasts out there in Mindflayer like Svetlana, Gorath, Butter My Muffin, Sobad, Tiduss, Sorrow, Kyudo, Quescia, Nyu, the list goes on and can only get bigger. So many great players who can teach us a lot of things by playing with or against them. It's always a fun experience to be in the same match as great players whether they be TR's or not. :)
    xpertzxxx wrote: »
    Of course you easily counter them. 99% of the people playing this game have no clue what they are doing in pvp and usually just copy other people's build/spec/style without innovating and improving~

Anyways, nice seeing you again Banelorne! Too bad everyone in your team left, it would have been fun ~!

Yo, Tiduss! Glad to see you in the thread, bro. :) Yeah it actually would have been fun to duke it out with you guys in Molon Labe, but you scared all my teammates away. :p The only fun part about the match was our 1 vs. 1. It was a loss for me but nonetheless was a good experience. Let's have another one next time! I would have wanted to play another round if we had more time. :\
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Passive companions however, like the Ioun Stones and Cat, do not generate any unwanted aggro (from what I know). So you should be safe using a Stone or Cat. But until the Gloaming Cut + Stone bug gets fixed, we'll have to make do with the +10% Stealth we get from Gloaming Cut hits and try to play without the factor of the extra +25% we get from getting a kill.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the passive pets. I thought since they didn't do anything against the enemies it should be fine. However, I think I'll try to go without the Ioun Stone until the bug is fixed if I'm doing alright at 60 without it.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drovana wrote: »
    The issue seems to be some kind of bug between Ioun stone of allure and gloaming cut. After some time of testing i found gloaming cut is working fine until i summon the ioun stone, then gloaming cut fails to give the 25% stealth bar for killing if you kill the mobs too fast; that is works in the first kill and not in the upcoming unless you let pass some time between each one. At first i thought some problem with a runestone and/or item, but i cleared the companion and the problem remains.
    I did the testing in a low lvl area to ensure a 1 shot kill.

It will be nice is someone can test it as well, to see if have the same problem as me.
    I apologice in advance for my english.

PD: I failed to mention that the problem arises when you are in stealth mode, out of stealth seems to works fine all the time.

Have you bug reported this?
    I'll log on later and see if I have the same issue.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    RIP Banelorne's build...
  • Options
    arcanawolfarcanawolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If I know Bane, he'll surely work on making new builds, maybe even for other classes too. Even though the new patch has affected this build drastically, I still commend Bane for working hard on this guide. And same to everyone else for their helpful input(lichlament, l0th4ri0, click, and others.)

Bane, whichever way the build goes, the team is still proud of you :D
  • Options
    skittles1123skittles1123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you so much, Skittles! I'm glad to hear that you're finding success in using this build for PVP. You should share some of your experiences sometime, and maybe some of the tips and tricks you can divulge to your fellow Stealth TR's as well. PVP is one of the areas where the build can still improve with so if you find anything out, don't hesitate to share your stuff!

And that is true, Click is really skilled. So once you hit the 60's and you find his name on the roster, I recommend that you be extra careful. But there are more beasts out there in Mindflayer like Svetlana, Gorath, Butter My Muffin, Sobad, Tiduss, Sorrow, Kyudo, Quescia, Nyu, the list goes on and can only get bigger. So many great players who can teach us a lot of things by playing with or against them. It's always a fun experience to be in the same match as great players whether they be TR's or not. :)

RIP BUILD lol....but ya it was loads of fun and I doubt my input would be helpful at all since im under 60. So I didn't even have all the abilities I just adapted with what I had. the skills weren't there but the deception and being anywhere the fighting wasn't mindset still held true. I was always in top 3 at the end an got a bunch of people whispering me gg and stuff like that so felt good while it lasted.
  • Options
    aselia669aselia669 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for this really awesome build Banelorne, it was so much fun than all the other classes I've tried. Sadly if the latest patch goes live this will all end. I have scrapped all my plans for solo runs, hope some new interesting TR build comes to save the TR class. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    RIP BUILD lol....but ya it was loads of fun and I doubt my input would be helpful at all since im under 60. So I didn't even have all the abilities I just adapted with what I had. the skills weren't there but the deception and being anywhere the fighting wasn't mindset still held true. I was always in top 3 at the end an got a bunch of people whispering me gg and stuff like that so felt good while it lasted.

I'll do my best to make the necessary changes to the build in order to counteract the recent nerf if by any chance it does go in the live game. But I most certainly will not let my piece remain unheard before then.
    aselia669 wrote: »
    Thank you for this really awesome build Banelorne, it was so much fun than all the other classes I've tried. Sadly if the latest patch goes live this will all end. I have scrapped all my plans for solo runs, hope some new interesting TR build comes to save the TR class. ;)

Hehe, yeah, I guess if the build goes live, it's highly likely that the build will die with stealth as it is heavily stealth reliant. Post-patch, the only thing Stealth will be good for is getting the element of surprise and mobility. Even Gloaming Cut's feats will be useless. But let's not kill the build early! Let's do our best to see to it that our dear developers reconsider this choice of theirs.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    RIP Banelorne's build...

I honestly think this isn't a fix at all for permastealth. When something breaks in the process of fixing things, that isn't a fix at all. :\ It's a thoughtless choice made to appeal to the majority of the other players to try and say "Hey! We're listening to you guys! We just screwed them up, see?" The only fix in my opinion is one that makes everyone happy. They could have just nerfed Cloud of Steel so we couldn't throw anymore daggers. But worse, we got a hammer on our own class mechanic.

It is fairly saddening to know that this is the conclusion our devs came to in order to address the permastealth problem. :)
    arcanawolf wrote: »
    If I know Bane, he'll surely work on making new builds, maybe even for other classes too. Even though the new patch has affected this build drastically, I still commend Bane for working hard on this guide. And same to everyone else for their helpful input(lichlament, l0th4ri0, click, and others.)

Bane, whichever way the build goes, the team is still proud of you :D

This, and thank you so much Arcanawolf. I have a new one in the works and I assure everyone that it will be as fun as this one and that things will not end here. I really, really appreciate all the hard work of our stealth rogue community. And to all those who tried the build out. Just knowing that there were people who had the same fun as I did using this build is a good enough memory for me. But let's not let things end here just like that. This is our class mechanic we are talking about. No reason will be good enough to touch the very identity of rogues.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    But let's not kill the build early! Let's do our best to see to it that our dear developers reconsider this choice of theirs.

It's good to see you optimistic, despite the potential changes coming. I hope you'll be able to rework the build in some way. Heh, I was just about at 60, and I really loved playing with this build. It's disappointing to see it threatened now.

The thing is... Without useful stealth, which I thought was balanced by the comparatively low health of the TR, what is going to make the TR different in a positive way from other melee strikers when they come out.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    We still have some time before these changes go live. We can present the developers with alternative solutions to these thoughtless changes. In all honesty I am quite outraged by the thought that our own class mechanic will be severely tampered with in order to appease the population of PVP players. Cloud of Steel has always been the root of the problem. I, and mostly all other Trickster Rogues do not particularly understand why our class mechanic has to change as well. :) Let our voices be heard, and in a constructive manner if possible.

I for one know our TR forum community has some of the most well-mannered and intelligent individuals out there.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I honestly think this isn't a fix at all for permastealth. When something breaks in the process of fixing things, that isn't a fix at all. :\ It's a thoughtless choice made to appeal to the majority of the other players to try and say "Hey! We're listening to you guys! We just screwed them up, see?" The only fix in my opinion is one that makes everyone happy. They could have just nerfed Cloud of Steel so we couldn't throw anymore daggers. But worse, we got a hammer on our own class mechanic.

It is fairly saddening to know that this is the conclusion our devs came to in order to address the permastealth problem. :)

This, and thank you so much Arcanawolf. I have a new one in the works and I assure everyone that it will be as fun as this one and that things will not end here. I really, really appreciate all the hard work of our stealth rogue community. And to all those who tried the build out. Just knowing that there were people who had the same fun as I did using this build is a good enough memory for me. But let's not let things end here just like that. This is our class mechanic we are talking about. No reason will be good enough to touch the very identity of rogues.

Nothing broke in the fixing of the rogue. They do everything the best and have perma stealth ummmmm pretty simple what they have to fix. Now players will enjoy the game more. That simple I feel.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    We still have some time before these changes go live. We can present the developers with alternative solutions to these thoughtless changes. In all honesty I am quite outraged by the thought that our own class mechanic will be severely tampered with in order to appease the population of PVP players. Cloud of Steel has always been the root of the problem. I, and mostly all other Trickster Rogues do not particularly understand why our class mechanic has to change as well. :) Let our voices be heard, and in a constructive manner if possible.

I for one know our TR forum community has some of the most well-mannered and intelligent individuals out there.

1,000's of players want this change and have been wanting it for a very long time. Player might come back to this game after the changes and this change take the game in the right direction. I made countless post about it and my friends and I are so excited and I have a new life about the upcoming NW game. Great job cryptic. Great job.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hello and welcome to my thread, Abombination. While I do feel inclined to agree with what you are saying, that being able to deal a great deal of damage while at stealth can be quite broken, tampering with the how our class mechanic originally works is never a solution. Not to mention it betrays the trust and expectations of the many TR's who played the class due to the fact that this was how the class was released to be. There are a variety of ways to fix this problem without going overboard with nerfs. I will eventually present a discussion thread about these changes one of these days and please do drop by to offer some of your opinions. :) It wouldn't be fair if the side of us TR's are the only ones presented in there. However I will expect any and all posts inside that thread to be as factual as possible, without any ad-hominem remarks.

While thousands of people wanted this change, thousands of other TR's are also uncomfortable with it. There is a solution out there that makes everyone happy, and we shall discuss what that is. And hopefully, by any chance our dear devs can hear our plea, they'd reconsider their decision about the class nerf. Thank you for understanding and I'm looking forward to discussing with you.
  • Options
    webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello and welcome to my thread, Abombination. While I do feel inclined to agree with what you are saying, that being able to deal a great deal of damage while at stealth can be quite broken, tampering with the how our class mechanic originally works is never a solution. Not to mention it betrays the trust and expectations of the many TR's who played the class due to the fact that this was how the class was released to be. There are a variety of ways to fix this problem without going overboard with nerfs. I will eventually present a discussion thread about these changes one of these days and please do drop by to offer some of your opinions. :) It wouldn't be fair if the side of us TR's are the only ones presented in there. However I will expect any and all posts inside that thread to be as factual as possible, without any ad-hominem remarks.

While thousands of people wanted this change, thousands of other TR's are also uncomfortable with it. There is a solution out there that makes everyone happy, and we shall discuss what that is. And hopefully, by any chance our dear devs can hear our plea, they'd reconsider their decision about the class nerf. Thank you for understanding and I'm looking forward to discussing with you.

You are quite positive, though the development of the game appears to be done irregardless to player feedback. Nevertheless it would allow people to vent their disappointment.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    webbot wrote: »
    You are quite positive, though the development of the game appears to be done irregardless to player feedback. Nevertheless it would allow people to vent their disappointment.

Hello, webbot. :) In all honesty I am as disappointed and frustrated as most other TR's. However the one sliver of hope I am holding on regarding our class would be the fact that content in the Preview Shard doesn't necessarily entail that it will be exactly the same in the live server when it is released. They may be subject to change depending on feedback. What I'd like to see is a solution that makes all players happy, and not just the 80% of the player population who consist of classes that are not TR's.

I'd like to be as positive and optimistic about this as I can as there is nothing to be gained by being hysteric, in my opinion. If the devs refuse to listen to our pleas, so be it. I shall accept however the TR turns out to be. But it doesn't mean that we should just accept this without getting our voices heard, right? For now, we can only hope we can reason with the dev team...
  • Options
    fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have been using you build for some time now and it was the best build ever i have to say, the extreme soloing, the not so perma stealth, and the good dmg made the rogue incredibly fun to play. I feel really bad now because those changes not only destroyed this build but also Int Rogue's and rogues will have a hard time soloing anything now, no more 1x1 against perma heal gwfs either... we are done in pvp.

it was nice while it lasted man
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I agree, it was nice while it lasted. This was the most fun class I've played. I'm just gutted that it's been destroyed like this.

Last month it was the cleric, today it's the rogue, what class will be next? I no longer have any faith or trust in this company.
  • Options
    sirstoukassirstoukas Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sirstoukas wrote: »
    This build is so efficient i fear trickster rogues will be seriously nerfed..
    Well.. if this goes live........ "NATIONAL ANTHEM PLAYING".............
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone been able to test how bad it actually is? They didn't provide any detail so far as I know just how much stealth leech the at wills cause, and I'm curious if it is as bad as it sounds.
  • Options
    metabblemetabble Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Currently trying it out in the test shard. Stealth drains when you actually connect with an at-will (in addition to the normal stealth timer). At the moment while in a normal 5 sec stealth, I can get around 8 sly flourish strikes off. If I actually connect with those sly flourish attacks then the number goes down to around 4 before i'm kicked out of stealth. I'm doing some more testing but hopefully this gives a rough idea.
  • Options
    cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone been able to test how bad it actually is? They didn't provide any detail so far as I know just how much stealth leech the at wills cause, and I'm curious if it is as bad as it sounds.

If you're built for stealth, you might get in about 5 hits before it's gone. If you're not built for it, 2-3 hits. Stealth is drained before Duelist's Flurry even completes regardless of build. Hell, even Lurker's Assault now drops before DF finishes.

Speaking of LA, the damage is so gutted it would a total waste of a daily slot if Rogues actually had other dailies worth using.

Everything that made a TR even remotely viable as a class is now trashed.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sneaky Stabber doesn't help Gloaming Cut attacks much at all then, eh?
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sneaky Stabber doesn't help Gloaming Cut attacks much at all then, eh?

No

I just finished an extended amount of testing ( 2 hours ) and here are my results.

Bleed now recalculates once it hits the 10th stack. Meaning every tick will be different. No more riding the crit ticks, the ticks will now vary from 400 damage to my max was 9k...this results in a rough loss of DPS equal to 20 % on Boss encounters.

Total Nerf Percentage = 20 %

Lurkers Assault warps you onto the mobs head possibly killing you ( Spellplague etc.. ) , lasts for 7 seconds, no significant damage increase over a 2 hours, Crit severity increase doesn't show on extended damage parse, so not sure if it is even being calculated, and the cool black and white effect is now gone. Lurkers is effectively a waste of 3 points.
    Loss of 60 % Damage is irreplaceable.

Total Nerf Percentage : 20 % Damage per second, 60 % Damage while Lurkers used to run.

Loss of Stealth while DPS'ing on boss mobs. Most rogues are crafty enough to hit stealth off and on while runningthrough their rotations on Boss mobs, and stealth lasting roughly 6 seconds previously would allow to maintain 100 % + Crit while DPSing the boss..
    This is now gone as Stealth falls off roughly halfway through 1 Duelists Flurry so you do not gain the benefit of a full run while in stealth for the crit bonuses. Damage loss factored in the 10 % range.

Overall this is what we will see if this build goes live.

20 % loss to Bleed
    60 % loss to Lurkers Damage when active
    10 % loss of Stealth based Crit DPS...

Overall on an encounter it is found that we are looking at a 30 % loss of DPS overall with no survivability added in to offset the loss of damage.

that is 30 % longer it will take to kill bosses, which increases the chance of something going wrong and an event wiping, and people wasting 2 hours of their life to get to a boss that the average group will struggle to kill.

GG Cryptic.