test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fabfesta and I duo-ed Epic Cloak Tower together. And the run went REAL smoothly. 45 minutes and we took the tier 1 epic dungeon down just the two of us. His guildies (thank you so much, guys.) helped us get in the dungeon by queueing and they watched for a while, and they did their best not to interfere. So here are the results of our Cloak Tower appetizer run. The main course is yet to be served.

1003278_636447466367233_1613981018_n.jpg

And we can get results faster with 5 stealth TR's in a party. We really would like to try that out one of these days. So if you're in Mindflayer, a Stealth TR and would like to join the fun, please feel free to hit either of us up! We'd be more than happy to have another TR in our party. :)
    sirstoukas wrote: »
    Just a small addon.
    One really really helpfull thing you can do is to try to place your bait and switch illusion on a massive inc dmg.
    Even if it means you will loose your rotation, even if your stealth bar is full just do it. The chunk of action points it will give you is well worth the effort (and lurkers assault is the best freaking thing in the tr arsenal). I ve seen my action bar from near zero to full in a single moment. Probably a one shot if you were actually there.
    Cheers.

Hey, Sirstoukas! I agree with you that Bait and Switch placed on a red zone even if the Stealth isn't about to run out can be really useful in getting Lurker's Assault faster. I do it sometimes when I see the opportunity. :) Good input!
    lichlament wrote: »
    Not to steal your thunder Bane but I just wanted to address something.
    I was going to make a new post, but a forum troll here would just turn it into a drama fest.

RE: Those asking me to post my build and PvE / PvP layouts.

I will not be posting my build or PvP strats I use on here, because I think some things should remain open to the imagination and have some mystery to them. I do run a unique build that grants high stealth capability with very high dps and decent versatility.

I will be happy to answer some questions regarding some stuff, but I think keeping options open for the class as a whole prevents specific builds becoming the cookie cutter form for every rogue on the server.
    It suppresses creativity and imagination of the player to find some things out on their own.

As Bane has done, I am willing to help people out along the way and answer any questions they may have, without " Showing my hand " so to speak ;)

Lich! I personally do not mind bro. Please feel free to use the thread in however possible way you can assist the community. I for one am REALLY glad to see you taking the initiative to offer your assistance to players in need of help. Please keep up the good work! You're doing great, in my opinion.
  • xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    Wow nice - great job you're still doing here!

I changed my build a little bit to include more offense and added some tenebrous but still pretty much running a full stealth build like the original!

Keep all this info and the Epic Dungeon runs coming!!
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Haha, Samm Silvershaper...

I ran past you in PE yesterday, I think, while playing my GWF. :) The name looks familiar.

Fabfesta, the next time you see a half-naked GWF named Nadia, say "hi"!

PS I'll queue up with you guys with my Sab when I get her to 60. Lemme just level my GWF for a bit longer... having too much fun right now wiping everything out with a gigantic 2H sword in my underwear! LOL

PS nice run at that epic, guys!
  • sharshanksharshank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can help you on mindflayer if you need more stealt tr. for an epic run
    keep up the good work.

Later
    lv 60 tr
    Mujaffa
  • fabfestafabfesta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    l0th4ri0 wrote: »

I ran past you in PE yesterday, I think, while playing my GWF. :) The name looks familiar.

PS I'll queue up with you guys with my Sab when I get her to 60. Lemme just level my GWF for a bit longer... having too much fun right now wiping everything out with a gigantic 2H sword in my underwear! LOL

aaahhh of course it will be my pleasure! I must have missed you, normally I definitely stop and say hi to half naked people ;) I wont be with my pc for 2 weeks but as soon as I come back, more epic runs will follow.

One of the great beauties of this build is how dirty cheap is to get it going... you can buy all you need to get started for 100k!!!

p.s.: It was our first time in epic Tower so definitely some mistakes there, but in general it felt a bit more complicated than epic Crypt. There are more mobs that spam abilities even if they cant see you!

Oh I wish that Cryptic would implement dual specs...this spec is absolutely great for solo, but definitely (the GC version) is sub par when it comes to dps in a normal group.
    edited July 2013
    sharshank wrote: »
    I can help you on mindflayer if you need more stealt tr. for an epic run
    keep up the good work.

Later
    lv 60 tr
    Mujaffa

This is awesome. Welcome aboard and thank you for volunteering! I'm happy to have another Stealth TR in our roster. Add me up sometime when you have the time! It's Banelorne Fellbanner@todesfaelle. You can usually see me in Trade of Blades as well.
    fabfesta wrote: »
    aaahhh of course it will be my pleasure! I must have missed you, normally I definitely stop and say hi to half naked people ;) I wont be with my pc for 2 weeks but as soon as I come back, more epic runs will follow.

One of the great beauties of this build is how dirty cheap is to get it going... you can buy all you need to get started for 100k!!!

p.s.: It was our first time in epic Tower so definitely some mistakes there, but in general it felt a bit more complicated than epic Crypt. There are more mobs that spam abilities even if they cant see you!

Oh I wish that Cryptic would implement dual specs...this spec is absolutely great for solo, but definitely (the GC version) is sub par when it comes to dps in a normal group.

Hehe you got that right. The thing is, this build can practically be completed below level 60. Once a player gets BaS, Shadow Strike, Gloaming Cut with 5/5 Sneaky Stabber, it's complete. All the quest bosses can be soloed and even some dungeon bosses. It doesn't require heavy enchantments but it shows its effectiveness in PVE and PVP. It can only get better with gear and some practice. It's fairly easy to execute the rotations as well provided that the player has some background in CD management.

Speaking of which I think I'll list that down on the perks section of the guide. And anyways, man, you take care on your trip okay? We'll get our 5-man Stealth TR group ready once you return from your holiday vacation. Have fun!

PS. It's true. I myself made quite a lot of mistakes during this run. It's my first time doing it with someone else so there were factors I absolutely did not foresee. But the good part is that with 2 people, things are 2x faster. I'm pretty sure 5 Stealth TR's would show impeccable results. Can't wait for the next run!
    edited July 2013
    xpertzxxx wrote: »
    Wow nice - great job you're still doing here!

I changed my build a little bit to include more offense and added some tenebrous but still pretty much running a full stealth build like the original!

Keep all this info and the Epic Dungeon runs coming!!

Tidus! Thanks a lot man. Maybe you can tag along sometime when you find yourself free. We can never have too many Stealth TR's running dungeons. I think this could be a good opportunity to create inter-guild events. But for now I'll keep you guys posted so everyone who might be interested in joining the runs will be updated.

I'm also curious about the changes you made for your Stealth Build. Would it be possible for you to share it with us?

Thanks bro. I definitely would like to be able to run with you in our "Stealth Delving." :p Feel free to send me a PM sometime in the game. Maybe we can make leveling your TR faster with a couple of 60's running your quests with you. Keep it up, l0th4ri0!
  • awesismawesism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd love to join you guys for some delves with my Stealth TR. I sent you a message and I'll add you in game too if that's OK. :)
    edited July 2013
    I just saw your PM, awesism, and I sent my reply. :) I'll see you later! But I may be a little later than usual due to me finishing some mod stuff. I've got a LOT to catch up on with Zebular.

Also, to all those who want to give the runs a shot, it doesn't matter if you're well-geared or not. All you need is a full PVP set (T1 or T2), and some time on your hands. I'd be more than happy to run epics with other Stealth TR's just for the experience and fun. :)
  • sirstoukassirstoukas Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just played a dungeon with a guy from your guild. A warrior named Doraguniru.
    He was constantly being ironic about my dps compared to hes (warriors have more aoe dmg period).
    Also i like playing chilled out cause i dont see it as a competition and i like to change to smoke bomb when i know many little things are next. So explain to this kid that this is a teamwork orientated game. Thanxs again for this guide. Cheers.
  • bigbadbieberbigbadbieber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone have a video so I can see how this is played?
    edited July 2013
    sirstoukas wrote: »
    Just played a dungeon with a guy from your guild. A warrior named Doraguniru.
    He was constantly being ironic about my dps compared to hes (warriors have more aoe dmg period).
    Also i like playing chilled out cause i dont see it as a competition and i like to change to smoke bomb when i know many little things are next. So explain to this kid that this is a teamwork orientated game. Thanxs again for this guide. Cheers.

Oh, Dora. Well I wouldn't worry about him bro, he's nice and actually pretty playful. He's swell once you get to know him. I'll make sure to come with you guys next time so misunderstandings like that don't happen, bro. :) Don't worry about it, and it's my pleasure to know that people are now spec-ing towards this build.
    Anyone have a video so I can see how this is played?

I'm currently not sure about videos so far as I have no knowledge of recording. I'm not too much of a hardcore gamer, you see. From my knowledge it seems there's a console command for it in the game itself. And people have been recommending fraps to me as well. This will eventually be added to the guide but knowing my time constraints lately due to work, it might take a while longer so I apologize in advance for not being able to address this much faster. If you are on Mindflayer, some of my TR friends can show you the rotations. Or even myself if I'm free.
  • bigbadbieberbigbadbieber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been using this and it rocks for solo PVE
    but I can't do anything in PvP, how is this build supposed to work? I know I don't have the best gear and I'm lvl 54 competing agaisnt potential higher levels but I can't seem to do anything in PvP except remain stealth for long and cap points very well, but I'd like to do some killing too
  • menahen57menahen57 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi all fellow Stealth TR's
    I just want to say this is what every thread should be like....I want to Thank each and everyone of you for such a very info. and peaceful thread... I look up this tread first before I load the game.. I'm new to the TR class and before I had no idea of class I wanted to play and now I'm at 35th lvl.. and it's been a blast..... I've learned SO MUCH from each one of you, it's like I'm playing your TR's...LOL;).... Also I have found out ( U guys might ready know this ) that when using regen. gear ( of Youth ) the more HP you have the more it heals, so what I've done is if I could not get any ( of youth ) gear, I've get more HP...
    Also I'm just like l0th4ri0 when it comes to finding ( of youth ) gear.... LOL
    Anyway keep up the GREAT work each and everyone of you...
    edited July 2013
    menahen57 wrote: »
    I just want to say this is what every thread should be like....I want to Thank each and everyone of you for such a very info. and peaceful thread... I look up this tread first before I load the game.. I'm new to the TR class and before I had no idea of class I wanted to play and now I'm at 35th lvl.. and it's been a blast..... I've learned SO MUCH from each one of you, it's like I'm playing your TR's...LOL;).... Also I have found out ( U guys might ready know this ) that when using regen. gear ( of Youth ) the more HP you have the more it heals, so what I've done is if I could not get any ( of youth ) gear, I've get more HP...

Haha, thanks for the feedback, menahen!

Just a quick reminder about regen:
    Its heal is dependent on what % of your health bar is missing, and the tooltip on the char sheet reflects what % of that missing % is healed per 3 seconds, and it is hard-capped at 50%. In other words, you will get the same heal for being almost dead at 5% of your health as compared to only half-dead at 49%.

Knowing this, regen actually ticks harder (percentage-wise) and is more effective for those who have low total health scores, as you will take the same amount of damage either way, but your % missing is bigger = bigger heals from regen. I know this is weird to think about, LOL... it is kinda non-intuitive and a strange game mechanic. :)

The trade-off for having a more effective regen is having to play the game at lower total health and you are more vulnerable to burst damage and getting overwhelmed when facing a vast number of enemies. Of course, the safest way is to have a high regen score AND a high total health, which is how I play. I am frequently putting myself in harm's way above and beyond the norm with my Sab. LOL

EDIT: to clarify, the point I am trying to make above is that regen>max health when choosing what items to use. If you have a choice to either switch to a max HP item or keep a regen item, keep the regen item... even if it is a lower level and you have "outgrown" it. Of course, if the regen item you are thinking of replacing is a REALLY low level and doesn't give that much of a boost to your regen, and you can add a really good number of HP from the item you are thinking of switching to... then, yes, maybe you should switch. :)
    edited July 2013
    I've been using this and it rocks for solo PVE
    but I can't do anything in PvP, how is this build supposed to work? I know I don't have the best gear and I'm lvl 54 competing agaisnt potential higher levels but I can't seem to do anything in PvP except remain stealth for long and cap points very well, but I'd like to do some killing too

Hey, bigbadbieber! My apologies if the reply came late again. As for PVP, I usually slot Bait and Switch, Shadow Strike and Lashing Blade to max out my Stealth and still get decent kills. For defensive play, I change Lashing Blade to Impact Shot, and if I really do cannot afford to die (specially when your role is to cap points and annoy opponents), I use Impossible to Catch. You'll want to take advantage of your opponents not being able to see you. Hence, you shall try to get away from anything that may put you out of stealth. And before you run out of stealth you should already be out of your opponent's sight.

I have Gloaming Cut and Cloud of Steel Slotted for at-wills, Sneak Attack and Skillful Infiltrator for Class Features, and Lurker's Assault and Shocking Execution for my Dailies.

For PVP, you'll want to choose your battles very, very carefully. Try to steer clear from large groups and pick targets one by one. We excel in single target damage and Cloud of Steel gives us the ability to shred an opponent's life with all 12 charges. But we need to choose which target we need to concentrate our attacks on. We mainly want to hit CW's as they are the softest, next is the DC. Non-permastealth and stealth-based rogues can also be easy pickings depending on their skill level and gear. GWF's however should be steered clear from them as they can spell death once they start using Unstoppable. Once they start using it, stop attacking them with your Cloud of Steel. Wait for it to run out by dodging a few times and refilling your stealth via Bait and Switch or Shadow Strike. Once his Unstoppable is over, start attacking.

When using Gloaming Cut for attacks, try to attacking your opponent behind their backs. Gloaming Cut homes in on opponents and has a decent range so don't hesitate to use Gloaming Cut even if you don't know if it will hit. Gloaming Cut hits really hard specially when you crit with it and Overrun Critical is active. It deals a good amount of damage and it helps you stay in stealth for much longer.

I'm not a good PVP-er, but I think I know how to play strategically enough to be able to compete against most other players. Screenshots below of the Head Hunter and Bloodthirsty titles I gained using this build.

1044729_631803986831581_459087936_n.jpg
    1070016_636553979689915_1018014708_n.jpg
    edited July 2013
    menahen57 wrote: »

Thank you so much for the kind words, and all of us in the community of stealth TR's are happy to be able to assist you. I'll do my best to make this build more informative and if possible, include other types of Stealth TR variants and link other helpful posts on a section in the front page for easier browsing. I'm mighty proud of the all the TR players who have taken the time to help one another in this thread. :)

Speaking of which I have a question for l0th4ri0.
    Haha, thanks for the feedback, menahen!

Just a quick reminder about regen:
    Its heal is dependent on what % of your health bar is missing, and the tooltip on the char sheet reflects what % of that missing % is healed per 3 seconds, and it is hard-capped at 50%. In other words, you will get the same heal for being almost dead at 5% of your health as compared to only half-dead at 49%.

Knowing this, regen actually ticks harder (percentage-wise) and is more effective for those who have low total health scores, as you will take the same amount of damage either way, but your % missing is bigger = bigger heals from regen. I know this is weird to think about, LOL... it is kinda non-intuitive and a strange game mechanic. :)

The trade-off for having a more effective regen is having to play the game at lower total health and you are more vulnerable to burst damage and getting overwhelmed when facing a vast number of enemies. Of course, the safest way is to have a high regen score AND a high total health, which is how I play. I am frequently putting myself in harm's way above and beyond the norm with my Sab. LOL

EDIT: to clarify, the point I am trying to make above is that regen>max health when choosing what items to use. If you have a choice to either switch to a max HP item or keep a regen item, keep the regen item... even if it is a lower level and you have "outgrown" it. Of course, if the regen item you are thinking of replacing is a REALLY low level and doesn't give that much of a boost to your regen, and you can add a really good number of HP from the item you are thinking of switching to... then, yes, maybe you should switch. :)

Good input as usual, man. What I've been wondering about lately is if there are any good regen gear for level 60 players like us. I tried searching in the AH, but couldn't find anything. I want to try out regen gear for PVP, you see. If you got any leads for this, it'll be much appreciated, bro. Keep up the good job in assisting the community!
    edited July 2013
    Oh and I just thought I'd post this. 5-man Fardelvers without any support, but soloed it with 3 Stealth TR's, and 2 other people who didn't have a group they could join at the moment. More often than not people would lose in Fardelvers without support classes like Clerics, but we managed to clear it. XxIRONICxNAMExX and Shadow are my fellow Stealth TR's, but a little bit new to the build. Not to mention they were having serious latency and lag issues at this dungeon so they fell while in the boss room. However, I managed to solo the last 60% HP of the boss. Another non-stealth TR in our party also kept disconnecting and inevitably was kicked out of the party, and one of the GWF's friends, a GF, was substituted.

995695_637428936269086_1421401546_n.jpg

Didn't fall down once. I must say, the Battlefield Skulker set is really useful in prolonging our Stealth. I really would like to try out Fardelver runs with 5 Stealth TR's in the party.
    edited July 2013
    Speaking of which I have a question for l0th4ri0.
    What I've been wondering about lately is if there are any good regen gear for level 60 players like us. I tried searching in the AH, but couldn't find anything. I want to try out regen gear for PVP, you see. If you got any leads for this, it'll be much appreciated, bro. Keep up the good job in assisting the community!

Haha, feelin' that regen bug like me? :)

Sorry, not any purple gear for 60s with regen as far as I can see... although you already know that there are many many purples that stack lifesteal...

If you want to get really nice regen without having to sacrifice a terrible amount of GS there are the rings that the other classes have been howling about, and of course I am referring to the Seal of the Executioner.

Equip slot: Ring
    Level:55
    Cost: 15 pegasus seals each
    Regen: 478
    Enchantment Slots: 1 offense slot per ring

So for 2 ring slots you can get pretty close to 1000 regen. The ticks on this when you are badly wounded are very very hard -- pretty close to "immortality" hard. Definitely very very useful for PVP.

Addendum: to put this in perspective -- 1000 regen stat is really close to 10% regen. For a character with 20000 HP who is wounded past 50%, that translates to 1000 HP heal every 3 seconds. And it has no cooldown, no consumable to use... it happens without you having to do anything and it is always trying to heal you. Even if you are just standing around at a point you are getting more and more health.
    edited July 2013
    Haha, feelin' that regen bug like me? :)

Sorry, not any purple gear for 60s with regen as far as I can see... although you already know that there are many many purples that stack lifesteal...

If you want to get really nice regen without having to sacrifice a terrible amount of GS there are the rings that the other classes have been howling about, and of course I am referring to the Seal of the Executioner.

Equip slot: Ring
    Level:55
    Cost: 15 pegasus seals each
    Regen: 478
    Enchantment Slots: 1 offense slot per ring

So for 2 ring slots you can get pretty close to 1000 regen. The ticks on this when you are badly wounded are very very hard -- pretty close to "immortality" hard. Definitely very very useful for PVP.

Dang, man. I love you. That's the ring I've been searching for. I haven't got a clue where to find it since the Seal of the Executioner I see in the AH gives 478 to a different stat. I'll go online to buy 2 of em right now. I was planning to sleep but oh well, the regen bug is forcing me to buy the rings. :p

I don't have much use for too much crit in PVP anyway, since 45% crit is more than enough to be able to dish out a good amount of crits to deal killer damage to the targets I usually attack like CW's and DC's.
    edited July 2013
    LOL say "hi" to the pegasus seal trader for me, and tell him I'll be by later on to get a couple of those rings, too. :)
    edited July 2013
    I just bought a couple of Regen gear in the AH, and man they work so well in PVP. I practically don't need any pots. Even if I do get hit, once I get my stealth back up, I have a LONG time to regenerate my HP. No longer do I need to suffer from bugged floating pots!

1043844_637488389596474_1029273458_n.jpg

My Life Steal is at 1185, and Regen at 1192.
    edited July 2013
    Haha, good on you, brother. Always glad to see another regen junkie gettin' his fix. :P LOL
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I just bought a couple of Regen gear in the AH, and man they work so well in PVP. I practically don't need any pots. Even if I do get hit, once I get my stealth back up, I have a LONG time to regenerate my HP. No longer do I need to suffer from bugged floating pots!

LOL copied my Neck and Rings...
  • arcanawolfarcanawolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »

O.o copied? I'm not so sure about that, and is that comment really necessary in this thread? I don't know your intentions by saying such a thing, but I would like to point out that he considers you one of the best pvp rogues out there. So accusing someone of "copying" really has no place here. It is disrespectful.
    edited July 2013
    arcanawolf wrote: »
    O.o copied? I'm not so sure about that, and is that comment really necessary in this thread? I don't know your intentions by saying such a thing, but I would like to point out that he considers you one of the best pvp rogues out there. So accusing someone of "copying" really has no place here. It is disrespectful.

Wow, you drew a lot from a 1 line comment. Yes, he copied my Neck and Rings. Meaning, either him or one of his guildies inspected me and saw what I wearing, and now is wearing the same thing. Just stating the obvious. How is that disrespectful?

He also never mentioned anything about considering me one of the PvP Rogues, since he never said anything to me after the 3 or 4 matches we PvP'd against each other. No GG, nothing post-games. Unless he said it to you or in guild chat, never said it to me.
  • arcanawolfarcanawolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, you drew a lot from a 1 line comment. Yes, he copied my Neck and Rings. Meaning, either him or one of his guildies inspected me and saw what I wearing, and now is wearing the same thing. Just stating the obvious. How is that disrespectful?

He also never mentioned anything about considering me one of the PvP Rogues, since he never said anything to me after the 3 or 4 matches we PvP'd against each other. Unless he said it to you or in guild chat, never said it to me.

We have our own site, and he said it there. And, pardon me for saying so, you seem to flatter yourself too much by insinuating he or someone from his guild specifically targeted you for inspection. And yes, it is disrespectful because you said that right on his thread. The purpose of this thread is to help other players, and improve this build.

Accusations here do not help. We are here to assist each other. If you have a problem with someone, do the decent thing and talk to him directly. I do not see your purpose in bringing this up in a guide thread. Good day.
    edited July 2013
    arcanawolf wrote: »
    We have our own site, and he said it there. And, pardon me for saying so, you seem to flatter yourself too much by insinuating he or someone from his guild specifically targeted you for inspection. And yes, it is disrespectful because you said that right on his thread. The purpose of this thread is to help other players, and improve this build.

Accusations here do not help. We are here to assist each other. If you have a problem with someone, do the decent thing and talk to him directly. I do not see your purpose in bringing this up in a guide thread. Good day.

First of all, I never saw any Rogue using this Neck and Ring combo... until now because I'm using it. So either he got a genius idea out of nowhere yesterday/today, or yes, he did indeed copy me. It's not me flattering myself, it's not an insinuation, it's not an accusation, and it's not disrespectful. It's the obvious.

I don't have a problem with Banelorne or you, but you're getting on my nerves. I said a simple 1 line comment and you're making this into something more than it is because you're too oversensitive and protective of your master, Banelorne.
    edited July 2013
    LOL easy guys... click, arcana... shake hands, now... Geez.

If you read back a few posts, I was the one who told him about the rings, so OBVIOUSLY he copied from ME. LMAO
  • xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013

Newsflash - a lot of rogues use those.

You copied Lantiss or Kobe anyways.
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)