test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• machiavelli20machiavelli20 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whats stat from item are most important fo leveling? For example power>crit>...
    please tell me cuz had alot of gold dunno what to buy. Sorry for my nooby questions but first time perma TF.
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    afporto wrote: »
    I'm leveling up a rogue to follow up your guide. I've noticed that you've changed it. Could you talk about the change in paragorn feats? Will it be good without the gauntlgrym set? (becasue i dont even know how to go there yet with other lv60 account i have).

The changes in the Paragon was in order to increase the Perma-Stealth's damage, I've been hearing a lot about how the Perma-Stealth is good defensively and how it can just hide around a capture point but not be a threat to the actual enemies (I beg to differ on some cases, but relatively can be true if dealing with an extremely geared "tank" focused GWF or GF). Now with the changes with the Paragon Feats and Over-all changes to gear choices, even a "tank" focused GWF or GF will be easier to kill compared to the old Perma-Stealth build but will definitely still take time to kill them.

The Old Perma-Stealth build, looking into it once again it focused half of the Feat Points into defensive feats such as Reduce Targets Power, Increase Movement Speed, Reduce Dodge Cost, etc... Now with the New Perma-Stealth Build, we're looking at High amount of Critical Strike Chance and Critical Severity.

When we talk about the two different sets; Scavenger and Skulker, they both serve the primary focus of the Perma-Stealth which is "Increase Stealth Duration". You can use either set but keep in mind of this...

If your using Scavenger, you must have 30% Recharge Speed

If your using Skulker, you must have 24.5% Recharge Speed

The reason why Skulker is better is because it doesn't require too much Recovery to achieve Perma-Stealth, this means you can focus stats on other areas such as DPS.

joker4ee wrote: »
    Well the base stats are the same but everything else is different and i cant finish your old Perma-Stealth guide - so i need to make a new character.

Here is the old Perma-Stealth build, have it posted on my old GW2 build list site (use to make builds for GW2) http://mouse.enjin.com/

Whats stat from item are most important fo leveling? For example power>crit>...
    please tell me cuz had alot of gold dunno what to buy. Sorry for my nooby questions but first time perma TF.

Go with Crit as primary, armor & power is whatever. I actually only used the gear from vendors in Enclave (lvl 10,20,30,40 etc..). I also just used gear that was dropped from mobs. Honestly I don't think it matters too much. If I could remember on my last 60, I was still wearing a couple level 30 gear when hitting close to 60.
  • theblitzwing00theblitzwing00 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    The reason why Skulker is better is because it doesn't require too much Recovery to achieve Perma-Stealth, this means you can focus stats on other areas such as DPS.

That and it has slightly higher stat bonuses than Scavenger and +5% damage bonus (While stealthed I believe?). I'm still grinding Gauntlgrym to get my set.
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Perma-Stealth: The Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJE7FbIWmf0

(This is just a "Promo Teaser Video")
    Goals and What I hope for in this project
    - It's going to be a 1 hour & 30min "movie" of PvP with the Perma-Stealth Build
    - Hope to mix it with tips and Tricks, being informative
    - People are asking to show off it's "holding capture point" capabilities against multiple enemies, so I'll try to get some clips of that.
    - I'll try to make it entertaining and fun. New at this...
    - If you have a request of what you want to see, let me know and I'll try to add it
  • meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm somewhat glad you switched over to the executioner path since im non perma stealth rogue whilst playing the same playstyle as in near perm invisible. Since your switch over to executioner path, have you considered replacing impact with lashing reasoning due to knowing high burst coming out of stealth with your vorpal for the guaranteed burst?
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • ellesardellesard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Sir x3lade! I love ur guide.

Few Q.

Can u post image of full ability score increase?
    Can u tell me what profesions u use?
    Can u tell me what companion u use?
    Can u tell me how did u power lvled after reroll :>.
    edited July 2013
    meeggtoast wrote: »
    I'm somewhat glad you switched over to the executioner path since im non perma stealth rogue whilst playing the same playstyle as in near perm invisible. Since your switch over to executioner path, have you considered replacing impact with lashing reasoning due to knowing high burst coming out of stealth with your vorpal for the guaranteed burst?

Sure it has a good burst of damage, guarantee critical from stealth and hits hard. But honestly I prefer Impact Shot way more. Consider the pro's and cons from the Lashing Blade VS Impact Shot

Lashing Blade
    Pro's
    1. It hits hard, our highest single damage attack
    2. Guarantee Critical From Stealth to maximize damage
    Con's
    1. Can be easily dodged . In stealth when your up close to a target, they can see you and they will most likely dodge ending up missing with lashing blade and putting it on cool down, additionally consuming stealth.
    2. It might be a latency issue, bug, or it may be fixed now a days (haven't used it since it was the classic setup). But after using it on a target, the target can dodge milliseconds afterwards and avoid the damage, I've noticed this a lot with CW's. But keep in mind this was way back in the days and this issue might be fixed.
    3. Compared to Impact Shot, you only get 1 shot.

Lashing Blade
    Pro's
    1. You get 3 Shot's
    2. 3 Shots with Lurker's Assault can deal more damage then 1 Lashing Blade with Lurker's Assault
    3. 3 Shots means you got options, targeting 3 squishy enemies to bring them all down half health
    4. Stun Lock in Stealth
    5. Push back capabilities, pushing target off capture point
      • Easily dismounts target with push back
    6. Range capabilities
      • No need to get up close or chase
      • Puts Rogue in safe position fighting from range, avoiding the cluster
      • In stealth sure Lashing Blade can be dodged because you need to be up close which will reveal yourself. With impact shot it can still be dodge but will be harder to predict
    Con's
    1. Not sure other then it relies on it's critical hits to be really effective

ellesard wrote: »
    Hi Sir x3lade! I love ur guide.

Few Q.

Can u post image of full ability score increase?
    Can u tell me what profesions u use?
    Can u tell me what companion u use?
    Can u tell me how did u power lvled after reroll :>.

ability_zps6fe0d64f.png

- Have no profession
    - Have no companion
    - I just did the question, just follow the quest objectives and it's pretty easy and fast to level
  • kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ^^

I thought you started with 15 Int? The above screenshot would put your starting Int at 14?
    edited July 2013
  • skytha1skytha1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey is the gear listed the same gear that is used in your latest pvp vid?
    edited July 2013
    skytha1 wrote: »
    Hey is the gear listed the same gear that is used in your latest pvp vid?

yeah it is
  • skytha1skytha1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah it is

Do you know where those rings drop from? with those stats?
    edited July 2013
    Do you know where those rings drop from? with those stats?

I bought them in the Auction House, but I believe you can get them in PvP from being #1 on personal "score" since you get a random unidentified level 60 blue item.
    edited July 2013
    I play a 15k GS GF and this is the only class that I believe honestly gives me a hard time, the build allows you to stonewall nodes and there is nothing u can do about it. In premades you cannot afford to have a player just sit at a node and not cap, while being the rogue you are probably always winning the 1v1 at the node point.

Thanks so much for all of the valuable info.
  • jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello x3lade,

I have been following your guide and have been having a lot of fun with my Int rogue.

As I mentioned previously I have more time to think of builds then make them and play, so I thought would pick your brain on this build I have been thinking of and hope you can help me decide if it is worth the time?

The race would be Tiefling and Intelligence and Charisma would be the focus. I was thinking that whilst Dexterity is a key stat it only raises Crit Chance (which is not guaranteed to happen consistently) Deflection Chance (by a small amount) and AOE Damage Resist (i'm sure this is a good thing, but do not know for certain based on little experience).

Charisma on the other hand raises Deflection Chance (higher), Companion Stat Bonus (cant be bad for people that use them) and also Combat Advantage which the Rogue will have almost indefinitely while in stealth (maybe, see below).

So what I wanted to pick your brain on is,

1. Is Combat Advantage always applied when in stealth?
    2. If yes, does the extra damage warrant raising Charisma?
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jabsolum wrote: »
    So what I wanted to pick your brain on is,

1. yes
    2. well, if you go with str, you have the damage boost all the time and not just when you have CA and you also regenerate stamina faster in exchange for some deflection (the companion bonus doesnt work atm as ive read)
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    A few questions: what fashion gear and dyes are you using? Have you considered an alternative to tenebrous? Their dmg isn't as highas they used to be with the internal cooldown nerd (went from 6 sec to either 15-20, people argue both). The pvp set has a lot offline steal and this build lacks armor pen so both could do asan alternative. How do you cope. Against rogues with path of blades and ITC?that. Build seems to counter this build pretty easily.
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    jabsolum wrote: »

1. yes
    2. well, if you go with str, you have the damage boost all the time and not just when you have CA and you also regenerate stamina faster in exchange for some deflection (the companion bonus doesnt work atm as ive read)
    It's exactly as huckaseven said, STR > CHA. However if your going to be using Executioner spec and Vorpal Enchantment, you might as well go with Dex because you get so much Critical Severity and it would be a waste if your over-all stats can't support it (ie, not enough critical strike %)
    edited July 2013
    A few questions: what fashion gear and dyes are you using? Have you considered an alternative to tenebrous? Their dmg isn't as highas they used to be with the internal cooldown nerd (went from 6 sec to either 15-20, people argue both). The pvp set has a lot offline steal and this build lacks armor pen so both could do asan alternative. How do you cope. Against rogues with path of blades and ITC?that. Build seems to counter this build pretty easily.

I use Courtesan's Top and Gilded Moonstone Regalia Mask. Dye is Black and Purple.

Even though Tenebrous has been nerfed, it's still pretty good for your "initial burst" of attacks. Most of your damage comes from the continue attack from CoS or a Heavy crit from Impact Shot and so it's that burst element is what gives tenebrous it's value.

Examples of Tenebrous value would be:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yng4nZBdMhM At 1:40 of the video, my Impact Shot hit for 13K but I guess it wasn't enough to finish the job so 4 Tenebrous pops up for 800 damage each for the kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yng4nZBdMhM At 2:15 of the video, Tenebrous help contribute to a dismount

An alternative from Tenebrous, I would use Azure Enchantments. Because sometimes I don't use Skillful Infiltrator (And if I swap it out my crit chance lowers by 3%), so it depends on my situation on the match like if I'm fighting players that are skilled enough to find and locate you while your in stealth, stealth will no longer be your defense. In that situation you would swap it out for Sneak Attack so you can out run and kite the enemy players, so you'll need Azure's to make up for the crit lost.

In regards to ItC and Path of the Blade, their not really a threat in my honest opinion and here is why:

When dealing with a Rogue that has ItC, all you really have to do is pay attention to their character. If they turn all black and misty like, you know ItC has been activated so all you really have to do is wait it out in stealth until it goes away, definitely not a threat if you pay attention to the fight.

Path of the Blade is a bit of trouble but not a threat, once again if you see it activated which is easy to see (See rogues arms goes up, it's about to activate) or if you don't see it activated it's fine because you'll see knives pop up or a red circle, all you have to do is fall back until it goes away. I'd like to also point out that your CoS will have a larger range so you can still DPS the rogue down and still be far away from the Path of the Blade so it wont hit you. What I like to do is drop a Decoy on the field so that it eats up all of the Path of the Blade damage which will only fuel your daily power.
  • jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's exactly as huckaseven said, STR > CHA. However if your going to be using Executioner spec and Vorpal Enchantment, you might as well go with Dex because you get so much Critical Severity and it would be a waste if your over-all stats can't support it (ie, not enough critical strike %)

Ok I think I understand. Thank you both for your feedback!
    edited July 2013
    Hey, question, so I've hit the 25.8% recovery as required, and my rotation is the same as the one you're using in your first page post. However I cannot keep stealth up past the Bait / Switch -> Shadow strike, then I have a 3-4 sec no stealth section. This is with rolling as well to help top off the meter... what am I missing?
    edited July 2013
    Hey, question, so I've hit the 25.8% recovery as required, and my rotation is the same as the one you're using in your first page post. However I cannot keep stealth up past the Bait / Switch -> Shadow strike, then I have a 3-4 sec no stealth section. This is with rolling as well to help top off the meter... what am I missing?

30% Recharge Speed is needed if your using Battlefield Scavenger
    24.5% Recharge Speed is needed if your using Battlefield Skulker

Since you have 25% Recharge Speed, you must use Skulker Set. Only dodge roll when Bait and Switch is on cool down.
    Rotation is Bait and Switch first then Shadow Strike after. Timing is crucial, especially with bait and switch, it cuts it close down to the last millisecond so you'd have to spam Bait and Switch in order to get it out to refill stealth
    edited July 2013
    30% Recharge Speed is needed if your using Battlefield Scavenger
    24.5% Recharge Speed is needed if your using Battlefield Skulker

Since you have 25% Recharge Speed, you must use Skulker Set. Only dodge roll when Bait and Switch is on cool down.
    Rotation is Bait and Switch first then Shadow Strike after. Timing is crucial, especially with bait and switch, it cuts it close down to the last millisecond so you'd have to spam Bait and Switch in order to get it out to refill stealth

Yeah I should probably be more specific, I have the same gear set up you've posted - skulker set. What is the recharge timer Im aiming to get the bait / switch down to? 18 sec?

I've attached an image here, does anything seem out of sorts?

dude.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I should probably be more specific, I have the same gear set up you've posted - skulker set. What is the recharge timer Im aiming to get the bait / switch down to? 18 sec?
    It should be 20 Seconds

Edit: Just noticed you've put in a picture, it looks good. Do you also have 5/5 Improved Cunning Sneak?
    edited July 2013
    It should be 20 Seconds

Edit: Just noticed you've put in a picture, it looks good. Do you also have 5/5 Improved Cunning Sneak?

Nope. You just nailed it. Thanks man, time to correct this and own.
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Own? How are you gonna own with this when you dont have the greater tenebrous enchantments? The dmg that this rogue does without these enchantments will be weak. What are you gonna do? Go around throwing daggers? You only have twelve. Your opponent, if he is smart, will just retreat behind his friends. Or he'll cover with aoes. So what are you gonna do to kill? Impact shots? Shocking execution? U must be kidding.
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nope. You just nailed it. Thanks man, time to correct this and own.

Well get to work cause I just farmed your guild today to the point of them sending me tells telling me they was afraid of me.

Untitled.png

Don't mind the red mark, that's me pointing out on the screenshot to a guildie that Game Breakers was hiding from me, lol
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lemollen wrote: »
    Own? How are you gonna own with this when you dont have the greater tenebrous enchantments? The dmg that this rogue does without these enchantments will be weak. What are you gonna do? Go around throwing daggers? You only have twelve. Your opponent, if he is smart, will just retreat behind his friends. Or he'll cover with aoes. So what are you gonna do to kill? Impact shots? Shocking execution? U must be kidding.

Game Breakers is a p2w guild, some of them are walking around with Perfect Enchantments...
    However...

Strat & Skill will always trump gear...

in my match vs them earlier, I had 17 kills 3 deaths and 3 of them not coming off the spawn point.

As a Rogue.. this should be your theme song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4nJ1YEAp4
    edited July 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Game Breakers is a p2w guild, some of them are walking around with Perfect Enchantments...

So, for the record, we have 2 members with Perfect Vorpal which we as a guild gave for free to our guildies by farming shards like everyone else... As a good end-game guild does, so no, we are not p2w. Farming CN is not nor should it ever be considered p2w.

When I say "own" of course I don't expect to 1 shot everyone but I want to be in stealth and annoy my enemies.

I will be working towards the tenebrous, perfect vorpals / soulforged as I think everyone doing this spec should. It's way too much fun to not try if you're on these forums then you probably have some interest.

Lichlament send anyone in Game Breakers a msg when you're on if you'd like to do premades vs premades we love pvp and always enjoy good matches, we're not chodes, just guys that really enjoy the game.

Barricade / Skytha -
  • emomustdieemomustdie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    amazing ! thx guy