test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Where is that new armor set Battlefield Skulker coming from? I've seen them on the Auction House going for a lot. Is it populating the Dungeon Delves chest now or something?

You need to do Gauntlgrym, which is here on the map
    gunt_zps94645bfd.png

It's PvP mixed with PvE, not sure what you get for losing but winning will give you Gauntlgrym Coins which can be spent at the vendor for the gear
    gunt2_zps80326238.png
  • Options
    theblitzwing00theblitzwing00 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh that's where Gauntlgrym is. I thought it still wasn't even open because those event banners keep saying "coming soon".
  • Options
    gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited July 2013
    I'm glued to the guide, looking forward to the update on how this executioner style is working. Great work on this.

X3lades I'm guessing the 17 str is working with this armor set. The 5% extra stealth meter allowing you to only need to recharge stamina at the current rate for dodges with your current stat?

I remember reading you was needing the higher str to get the extra dodges in for stealth meter replenish.

Btw if they smite the build because of it's awesomeness before I can fully enjoy it...i'm going to scream.
    ~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
    H.P Lovecraft style Horror
  • Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    gorgothus wrote: »
    I'm glued to the guide, looking forward to the update on how this executioner style is working. Great work on this.

X3lades I'm guessing the 17 str is working with this armor set. The 5% extra stealth meter allowing you to only need to recharge stamina at the current rate for dodges with your current stat?

I remember reading you was needing the higher str to get the extra dodges in for stealth meter replenish.

Btw if they smite the build because of it's awesomeness before I can fully enjoy it...i'm going to scream.
    Yeah, with further testing the STR stamina regeneration didn't make too much of a difference so I switched it to DEX for dps.

With some of the feats and ability score change, the damage is really amazing
    21_zpsa0a43449.png
    21,694 damage from Impact Shot, have 3 shots =D
  • Options
    makjemakje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    Yeah, with further testing the STR stamina regeneration didn't make too much of a difference so I switched it to DEX for dps.

With some of the feats and ability score change, the damage is really amazing

Perhaps you should update your guide? I'm currently building my TR after what I can read on page 1. If page 1 is no longer the recommended build, then would you be so kind as to update it?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    makje wrote: »
    Perhaps you should update your guide? I'm currently building my TR after what I can read on page 1. If page 1 is no longer the recommended build, then would you be so kind as to update it?

I'll try to get it updated asap, these changes are recently new (like today new) so I'm just going to further test it a bit more then if everything is solid and looks perfect, I can then finalize it onto to the main page 1. I just don't want to put something out then change it a couple days after because of small changes.
  • Options
    makjemakje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Valid reasoning, I agree. I'll wait and see what you end up with then.
    Thanks for answering.
  • Options
    kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey x3lade, saw your post about the con rogue that you made. So you've concluded that the INT Rogue is better for the time being? I wasn't completely sure based on your response unless you missed something.

Also, what build did you play on your Half Orc with 18 str, 18 dex at start?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kgrizzle22 wrote: »
    Hey x3lade, saw your post about the con rogue that you made. So you've concluded that the INT Rogue is better for the time being? I wasn't completely sure based on your response unless you missed something.

Also, what build did you play on your Half Orc with 18 str, 18 dex at start?
    yeah, an INT Rogue is better then a CON Rogue because it can perform the Perma-Stealth easier then the CON Rogue relying on Gloaming Cut. Damage wise, it didn't make too much of a difference, INT Rogue Greater Tene's proc for about 840 and the CON Rogue for about 980.

My Half-Orc went 18 Dex as base, then focused on DEX/STR. He's more of a PvE character but I mainly just use him for testing builds and ideas
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just curious how do you deal with a sent gwf with an insane amount of regen?
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    meeggtoast wrote: »
    Just curious how do you deal with a sent gwf with an insane amount of regen?

The only class that seems much of a challenge is the GWF built tanky. The only way to kill a Sent GWF with high amount Regen and constant Temp Health is to burst him down using:

1. Lurker's Assault + 12 CoS
    On a Target Dummy this can deal up to 45-60K damage
    32_zpsb938d482.png
    *Picture shows Crit and Non-Crit from CoS. With five 832 tene damage procs, the accumulated damage is 55,651. All about those lucky crits. Additionally looking at my combat log I don't see Nimble Blade procs so it's probably broken

2. Lurker's Assault + 3 Impact Shots
    This will do about 10-15K critical hits if your lucky and will put them into a "chain stun" so if they used Unstoppable during the CoS spam you can bet that they'll get chain stunned by this.

This hits pretty hard, especially if you have Overrun Critical and you Critical hit. I've seen this do over 21K damage
    21_zpsa0a43449.png

I'd like to point out that a heavily geared Sent GWF can survive this. Depending on how much health is left on the GWF you can go in and Sly Flourish to finish him off or wait it out for a couple CoS stacks. I usually just Sly Flourish and rely on my high mobility and dodge to avoid any damage. If you can, drop the Decoy from Bait and Switch right in front of him, usually players get hasty and will blow their stuns on it, if they do you'll have nothing to fear when in close combat.

But yeah... the main thing is relying on Lurker's Assault, without it you might or wont be able to burst him down quick enough.
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    The only class that seems much of a challenge is the GWF built tanky. The only way to kill a Sent GWF with high amount Regen and constant stant Temp Health is to burst him down using:

1. Lurker's Assault + 12 CoS
    On a Target Dummy this can deal up to 45-60K damage
    32_zpsb938d482.png
    *Picture shows Crit and Non-Crit from CoS. With five 832 tene damage procs, the accumulated damage is 55,651. All about those lucky crits. Additionally looking at my combat log I don't see Nimble Blade procs so it's probably broken

2. Lurker's Assault + 3 Impact Shots
    This will do about 10-15K critical hits if your lucky and will put them into a "chain stun" so if they used Unstoppable during the CoS spam you can bet that they'll get chain stunned by this.

This hits pretty hard, especially if you have Overrun Critical and you Critical hit. I've seen this do over 21K damage
    21_zpsa0a43449.png

I'd like to point out that a heavily geared Sent GWF can survive this. Depending on how much health is left on the GWF you can go in and Sly Flourish to finish him off or wait it out for a couple CoS stacks. I usually just Sly Flourish and rely on my high mobility and dodge to avoid any damage. If you can, drop the Decoy from Bait and Switch right in front of him, usually players get hasty and will blow their stuns on it, if they do you'll have nothing to fear when in close combat.

But yeah... the main thing is relying on Lurker's Assault, without it you might or wont be able to burst him down quick enough.
    The more you realize how much burst a TR can dish out, the less dependant you become on stealth. With a straight burst STR/DEX build, overrun critical, Greater Vorpal; you can do 75k+ damage of CoS spam with LA up.

TRs are very OP when geared out and this is without tenes, just ArPen and power. I've done 15k crit impact shots without using LA. Going against an equally geared out sent/tene build, they might survive my burst but then I'll go killing their teammates quickly and they might as well be playing by themselves since I'm sending their teammates to spawn in quick fashion.

Perfect Vorpal is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> OP with a burst build and going against TRs who have it is not fun. Even though I have greater vorpal, the 12% more critical severity with perfect hits much harder with a noticeable difference.
  • Options
    llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    The more you realize how much burst a TR can dish out, the less dependant you become on stealth. With a straight burst STR/DEX build, overrun critical, Greater Vorpal; you can do 75k+ damage of CoS spam with LA up.

TRs are very OP when geared out and this is without tenes, just ArPen and power. I've done 15k crit impact shots without using LA. Going against an equally geared out sent/tene build, they might survive my burst but then I'll go killing their teammates quickly and they might as well be playing by themselves since I'm sending their teammates to spawn in quick fashion.

Perfect Vorpal is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> OP with a burst build and going against TRs who have it is not fun. Even though I have greater vorpal, the 12% more critical severity with perfect hits much harder with a noticeable difference.

I agree. I've been trying to stay out of this thread because it bothers me that so many people are hyping up the perma-stealth Rogue and saying how OP it is the past few weeks, when this build is straight up cheesy and gimmicky. The fact that you can stay in stealth forever, rely on throwing daggers at people all game, and running away half the time is pure cheese and p*ssy tactics. The fact that you need 6 or 7 Greater Tenebrous and a complete re-roll for this build to work well is sad. The fact that most people who try and copy this build but can't even play and gear it out properly is just hilarious.

I respect the OP for coming up with the build, sharing it with people, refining the build, and thinking outside the box. What I don't respect is him posting screenshots of a complete stomp on n00bs in the 20 man GG PvP. If you're going to show your K/D, at least show a more even game or a game you lost, against competent players...

7q5zcOx.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/7q5zcOx.jpg

7FpjWhE.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/7FpjWhE.jpg

1sM8Ccr.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/1sM8Ccr.jpg

I also don't like how he's showing a screenshot of a full 12 dagger spam on a test dummy while in Lurker's. Like that's supposed to prove something...? Anyone can post screenshots of LA doing 1337 damage...

On a Cleric, not a test dummy:
    a3yIdWp.png
    http://i.imgur.com/a3yIdWp.png

Point is, this build only works well with a specific set of gear, 6 or 7 Greater Tenebrous, against bad players with bad gear / specs, and playing like a pansy. I can take out 3 people while perma-stealth Rogues are busy chucking their daggers at people, waiting for their CoS and Impact Shot to refresh. I hope Cryptic nerfs this somehow, without nerfing Rogues in some other unrelated way (like how they nerfed Duelist's Flurry), so people would stop hyping it so much.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    I agree. I've been trying to stay out of this thread because it bothers me that so many people are hyping up the perma-stealth Rogue and saying how OP it is the past few weeks, when this build is straight up cheesy and gimmicky. The fact that you can stay in stealth forever, rely on throwing daggers at people all game, and running away half the time is pure cheese and p*ssy tactics. The fact that you need 6 or 7 Greater Tenebrous and a complete re-roll for this build to work well is sad. The fact that most people who try and copy this build but can't even play and gear it out properly is just hilarious.

I respect the OP for coming up with the build, sharing it with people, refining the build, and thinking outside the box. What I don't respect is him posting screenshots of a complete stomp on n00bs in the 20 man GG PvP. If you're going to show your K/D, at least show a more even game or a game you lost, against competent players...

7q5zcOx.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/7q5zcOx.jpg

7FpjWhE.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/7FpjWhE.jpg

1sM8Ccr.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/1sM8Ccr.jpg

I also don't like how he's showing a screenshot of a full 12 dagger spam on a test dummy while in Lurker's. Like that's supposed to prove something...? Anyone can post screenshots of LA doing 1337 damage...

On a Cleric, not a test dummy:
    a3yIdWp.png
    http://i.imgur.com/a3yIdWp.png

Point is, this build only works well with a specific set of gear, 6 or 7 Greater Tenebrous, against bad players with bad gear / specs, and playing like a pansy. I can take out 3 people while perma-stealth Rogues are busy chucking their daggers at people, waiting for their CoS and Impact Shot to refresh. I hope Cryptic nerfs this somehow, without nerfing Rogues in some other unrelated way (like how they nerfed Duelist's Flurry), so people would stop hyping it so much.

Dude... You can't post pictures like that without explaining your build. That should be illegal or something. Here I am, drooling at pictures, with no explanation of how to get it. It's like having a Lamborghini placed in front of you, without anyone giving you the keys.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    HOW are you hitting perma with Tene's. I did the math and you need mostly silvery in all offense even with max in and all those recovery items you listed.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well if you had Silvery Rank 10s you'd free up 4 or 3 of the other 8 offensive slots for something else like the Tenes.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    OOOOH I see; Rank 10's, without spending 100's irl cash, on a pvp rogue spec that is **** in pve. Ya no ty. Ill stick with ArmPen, be more effective in pvp and pve and save my money.
  • Options
    randallskiirandallskii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    8 offensive slots .. you mean 7? main weapon, off hand weapon, 2x ring, neck, waist and shirt

... or are there epic pants sloted with offensive all the pants i can see in auction house have defensive slot
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Dude... You can't post pictures like that without explaining your build. That should be illegal or something. Here I am, drooling at pictures, with no explanation of how to get it. It's like having a Lamborghini placed in front of you, without anyone giving you the keys.

Stack ArPen to ~2200 then power to as much as you can. You should have enough crit with weapon mastery and team critical from the executioner path. Make sure to get brutal backstab as well as overrun critical. Then slot in a greater vorpal or perfect Vorpal as your weapon enchant so you can hit hard like a truck.

Tenes are just bad all around because the second you get hit, your burst takes a hit as well. Some TRs have 478 regen rings to compensate for that but it tells me they build their rogue around tenes no matter and use them as crutches.

You don't have to be skilled to use tenes at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Stack ArPen to ~2200 then power to as much as you can. You should have enough crit with weapon mastery and team critical from the executioner path. Make sure to get brutal backstab as well as overrun critical. Then slot in a greater vorpal or perfect Vorpal as your weapon enchant so you can hit hard like a truck.

Thanks man. I kinda wish I could afford a greater vorpal, but they cost like 3 million AD on my server (Dragon), and the Perfect Vorpal? If I'm not mistaken it costs over 10 million AD.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks man. I kinda wish I could afford a greater vorpal, but they cost like 3 million AD on my server (Dragon), and the Perfect Vorpal? If I'm not mistaken it costs over 10 million AD.

Yea its expensive but the reason why is because it increases your burst tremendously.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I got to ask, has anyone used Lightning Weapon Enchantment with this build? Is it seen through the stealth? does it work well with the fast attacks?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    HOW are you hitting perma with Tene's. I did the math and you need mostly silvery in all offense even with max in and all those recovery items you listed.

It's because of Battleskulker's set, the 25% stealth duration is huge. You only need about 25% Recharge Speed which is about 1.7K recovery with 20 INT
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    8 offensive slots .. you mean 7? main weapon, off hand weapon, 2x ring, neck, waist and shirt

... or are there epic pants sloted with offensive all the pants i can see in auction house have defensive slot
    There are not, and on dragon server the average r10 would cost 17mil to make. Slightly inaccessable to anyone even CN farmers and rich zen buyers unless they want to spend over 500usd per enchant. no joke.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh wow I just noticed, you made your changes. Good thing I saved the site with the previous build lol. I never liked builds that kind of revolve around Tene because with all of the complaining they may be nerfed at some point in time. More so than they are now that is. Great build still though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh wow I just noticed, you made your changes. Good thing I saved the site with the previous build lol. I never liked builds that kind of revolve around Tene because with all of the complaining they may be nerfed at some point in time. More so than they are now that is. Great build still though.

Yeah, you don't have to use Tenebrous. You can use Azure Enchantments to push up your critical strike chance, since the build provides so much crit and critical severity. The point is you have 5 extra Offensive Slots because of the Battlefield Skulker's set.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ah, alright I hear ya. What's really awesome is you were able to make this even more of a deadly build. My goodness.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    what was changed?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    what was changed?

Update:

Armor
    Changed Battlefield Scavenger for Battlefield Skulker

Weapon
    Changed Main hand Drake Master Assassin for Battlefield Skulker's Long Dagger

Ring/Amulet
    Changed Demonweb Wrap for Occult Amulet of Vitality
    Changed Surgeon's Bands for Occult Ring of Respite

Ability Score
    Changed STR focused for DEX focus

Enchantment
    Replaced 5 Silvery Enchantments for 5 Tenebrous Enchantment
    Changed Thunderhead Armor Enchantment for Soulforge Armor Enchantment
    Changed Bilthorn Weapon Enchantment for Vorpal Weapon Enchantment
    Replaced Dark Defensive Enchantment for Radiant Defensive Enchantment

Feats
    Changed Heroic Feats
    Change Scoundrel/Saboteur to Executioner
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ya kudos man, going over the numbers and **** this is a deadly build. Truly deadly. So deadly I think we're going to get even more nerf talk. I am amazed how well you were able to improve from the previous build.