test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Luna's TR Build Guide

Comments

• Options
    erecktiongamingerecktiongaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a question for power placement.
    What powers do you recommend having on all slots when it comes to certain situations?

For example...
    -General use.
    -Dungeons.
    -PVP.

Again, thank you for this build, I seem to still out damage other players with low quality gear.
  • Options
    batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    fabael wrote: »
    Any thoughts on how the changes to duelist flurry is going to effect this build, I am guessing a huge amount since it is built around that.

I've been gone for work reasons all week and now visiting familiy for the weekend and I must have missed something. What DF changes? is there a link?
  • Options
    thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    - bleed ticks slower
    - deadly momentum gets a fix (currently 15% crit severity per stack down to 3% per stack)

Depending on how slow bleed ticks now and a loss of 60% crit severity, a scroundel/executioner mix might become viable/more effective.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • Options
    batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    - bleed ticks slower
    - deadly momentum gets a fix (currently 15% crit severity per stack down to 3% per stack)

Depending on how slow bleed ticks now and a loss of 60% crit severity, a scroundel/executioner mix might become viable/more effective.

Yeah maybe. Its hard to know until we get to try it and get the proper numbers. TR's might balance out with Encounter's and Dailies working better with our power stat. Time will tell!
  • Options
    dinosaurgotsosdinosaurgotsos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Batuba can u please post , if possible ofc ur latest items?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i want to know if ability scores affects gear score.
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gear score is defense + attack/healing, so whatever affects those 2 scores also affects your gear score
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Guys i m TR (60lvl). I started with ability scores : 12str 16dex 18cha and i didn t reroll. Maybe this was my fault but i need to know now which is the best way to spend my points .
  • Options
    gfhfgbdfbgfgfhfgbdfbgf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey is that power build for pve or pvp ?
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sigh. I was happy ignoring power as a fourth stats after recovery, crit, and armor pen and now they do this?

Why does this game hate me?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    selfmadewolfselfmadewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys i m TR (60lvl). I started with ability scores : 12str 16dex 18cha and i didn t reroll. Maybe this was my fault but i need to know now which is the best way to spend my points .

Put all in STR and DEX since your CHA is high enough.
  • Options
    omniman531omniman531 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why the hell are all playing with "Blitz" ???
    go for an good CW with focus on "Blackhole" + "Steal Time" and just use "wicked reminder" + "dazing strike" (if the enemys are close in "Blackhole") if the stunlock is over there are just 1 or 2 big adds with 5% life, all others are DEATH....

- "Wicked Reminder" crit with 10k-15k Aoe if they are "Close" (use it with stealth all adds got 3 Stacks debuff, u can use it more than 1 times before the stunlock ends)
    - "Dazing Strike" crit with 15k+ also Aoe if they are "Close" (all adds got Spellblock)

much better DPS than this **** "Blitz" not only for the Rogue, for your Group !

IT ONLY WORKS WITHOUT <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> KNOCKBACKS, and for sure must have a good CW.

so the simple Rota of Basic Skills:

CW > Blackhole
    TR > Stealth
    TR > Duelists Fury
    TR > Wicked Reminder ( if they are Close in Blackhole )
    DC > Divine Glow ( if they are Close in Blackhole )
    CW > Icy Terrain
    CW > Entagling Force (Mastery)
    CW > Steal Time
    TR > Dazing Strike ( if they are coming out of Blackhole) dont be scarry they are still in Stunlock
    CW > looking for next Blackhole and go on

i know CW have to Knockback for refresh Blackhole fast but it also works without coz "Steal time" and "Dazing Strike" give u a lot of time to Stack the next Blackhole.

EDIT: The rest of your Build is correctly
  • Options
    thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Though dazing strike got a 5 target cap while wicked reminder didn't.
    With the right timing CW can use his shield knockback while AS without pushing them around the half map.
    But however, I barely see any other TR using wicked reminder for trash - even if the CW isn't watching his melee teammates in terms of DPS, there is always the possibility to use WR at more than 1 mob. Doing so personally as well, combined with greater plague fire its nice 30% res debuff.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • Options
    bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi ,
    I am using a 95% similar build to yours.I'd like to ask your opinion me rerolling some of my stats.What would you recommend I drop/increase.

30wxeop.jpg
    48.3% crit
  • Options
    boytulisboytulis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm very nice guide for a newbie like me. Thanks.

/Respect
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Must disagree with a few points of this build but A for effort. Cloud of Steel is quite helpful in PvE for applying plaguefire debuffs from a distance and finishing off mobs from a distance.

Also if you are doing 24mil dmg in Spellplague that just means your group sucked and you wiped a bunch with do-overs on bosses before finishing.
  • Options
    erecktiongamingerecktiongaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    omniman531 wrote: »
    why the hell are all playing with "Blitz" ???
    go for an good CW with focus on "Blackhole" + "Steal Time" and just use "wicked reminder" + "dazing strike" (if the enemys are close in "Blackhole") if the stunlock is over there are just 1 or 2 big adds with 5% life, all others are DEATH....

- "Wicked Reminder" crit with 10k-15k Aoe if they are "Close" (use it with stealth all adds got 3 Stacks debuff, u can use it more than 1 times before the stunlock ends)
    - "Dazing Strike" crit with 15k+ also Aoe if they are "Close" (all adds got Spellblock)

much better DPS than this **** "Blitz" not only for the Rogue, for your Group !

IT ONLY WORKS WITHOUT <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> KNOCKBACKS, and for sure must have a good CW.

so the simple Rota of Basic Skills:

CW > Blackhole
    TR > Stealth
    TR > Duelists Fury
    TR > Wicked Reminder ( if they are Close in Blackhole )
    DC > Divine Glow ( if they are Close in Blackhole )
    CW > Icy Terrain
    CW > Entagling Force (Mastery)
    CW > Steal Time
    TR > Dazing Strike ( if they are coming out of Blackhole) dont be scarry they are still in Stunlock
    CW > looking for next Blackhole and go on

i know CW have to Knockback for refresh Blackhole fast but it also works without coz "Steal time" and "Dazing Strike" give u a lot of time to Stack the next Blackhole.

EDIT: The rest of your Build is correctly

I had to read this several times to understand lol. Anyways all of the powers are used for certain situations, Blitz is perfect for handling mobs in solo related quests. For example, I'll use Blitz for questing and when i'm in a dungeon, I replace it with Smoke Bomb to help out the group. The powers in all builds are all up to personal preference so if someone thinks Blitz is perfect for all situations, you don't have to follow him/her.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    Sigh. I was happy ignoring power as a fourth stats after recovery, crit, and armor pen and now they do this?

Why does this game hate me?

FYI, Power doesn't do much. 3k power and 6k power has almost no damage difference. You can test with t2 set that gives power bonus.

It's much better to reroll to GWF or GF and stack tenebrous enchants. (stacking tenebrous on rogues aren't as effective because it's based on how much hp you have left)
  • Options
    athanatoss9athanatoss9 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had a 11.7 gs rogue and i respect putting the feats you have posted....I lost 1000gs!!! Great job!
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gearscore means nothing, athana, and it clearly is nothing that justifies posting in an informative thread and adding nothing but blind rage
  • Options
    michelswe999michelswe999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You do pvp with this build?
  • Options
    jukubusujukubusu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what race are you
  • Options
    ivycelloivycello Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is the full set of Master Duelist still bugged?
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice to see another following the path of a master killer, a rogue's true calling...

We run different builds but it seems we reach similar numbers. I am usually well ahead of even GWF's and other rogues on damage charts in dungeons.

I also follow Power as a main stat.
  • Options
    bullzeyedbullzeyed Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is this still the primary build for rogues? This forum is disorganized and lacks stickys.
  • Options
    razsteinrazstein Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How you spent 20 points in feats? I spent 20p and i have 3 non used points, how is that possible?
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Nice to see another following the path of a master killer, a rogue's true calling...

We run different builds but it seems we reach similar numbers. I am usually well ahead of even GWF's and other rogues on damage charts in dungeons.

I also follow Power as a main stat.

power and crit op
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    razstein wrote: »
    How you spent 20 points in feats? I spent 20p and i have 3 non used points, how is that possible?

you are human, you have 3 extra feats
  • Options
    razsteinrazstein Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    oh yes ty man
  • Options
    tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not playing all that long yet. Have the TR powers been nerfed since this guide was written? I don't get 15% bonuses.

Is this guide even still viable then?
    I'm dubious if 1% Crit and 5% Movement are still worth taking Skillful Infiltrator, for example.