test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Luna's TR Build Guide

Comments

• Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think im bugged i have 4585 power base when i have my 4 piece set bonus im over 5k power and my lashing is only criting from stealth for like 14k
  • Options
    xken817xxken817x Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you not use Gloaming Cut or Impact Shot? It's not listed anywhere in your guide so i'm just wondering.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Impact shot and Gloaming are awful skills.

They are useless in 90% of situations and even in pvp at end level with good gear you could maybe do 4-5k crits with each. Which sounds considerable but considering your lashing blade + Deft can do 15 k in a fraction of a second you could do 3 Impact shots ...well you get the point.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    nin3hellsthrallnin3hellsthrall Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for sharing this, batuba. This shall prove most useful as I begin my adventures as a Trickster Rogue.
  • Options
    batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    bori08 wrote: »
    how does this build compete with metzli's build ? any big difference?

I can't say for sure. Im going to be making some changes here soon, but Metzli has a great guide so its really up to the person and his/her playstyle. I agree with his powers selections for the most part (which is one change I'll be doing to my guide soon as I have some free time from work). I never pretend or say that my guide is the way to go, I just share my build and some videos on how I apply my build in hopes it helps people, so if one spec is better than the other is relative to the player and how they like to play. :)
  • Options
    traroartraroar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you very much for your build. I am liking Blitz solo but late in dungeons it seems like it only takes a tiny bit off their health points and I'm wondering if people are not sure why I'm using it. Maybe there is something better for dungeons? I can't use smoke bomb yet I am below level 60.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Updated my build. Please read through before freaking out at changes to Powers :P
  • Options
    spritzersspritzers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    batuba wrote: »
    Updated my build. Please read through before freaking out at changes to Powers :P

is there any way to reset back the power selection?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Buying a repsec token :/
  • Options
    mawaddah99mawaddah99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Batuba I stuck exactly like yours Feat but then gave for not putting points in paragon had to get at least another three points to give the Feat.. is bug or no ?
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It may not do much at 60, but stacking armor penetration really seems to pay off while leveling. I just seem to do considerable more damage than all the rogues stacking power, though it's possible they just aren't that great.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mawaddah99 wrote: »
    Batuba I stuck exactly like yours Feat but then gave for not putting points in paragon had to get at least another three points to give the Feat.. is bug or no ?

If your Human, you get an additional 3 points. Im Drow and don't get this option. If this isn't the issue, I have no idea what would be going on :/
  • Options
    ma9u5ma9u5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you have support for why your ability score is like that? How you seen or done calculations to see whether not dex, str, or cha is actually better?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ma9u5 wrote: »
    Do you have support for why your ability score is like that? How you seen or done calculations to see whether not dex, str, or cha is actually better?

non other than I feel comfortable at around 50% crit, so I figured I'd drop dex to get some more % dmg. :D I think for this build in particular Dex is very important especially if you dont have the items to buff up your crit enough. Once you have sufficient crit, you can probably drop some to get some more dmg %. I was at 52% crit or so when I decided to bring down 2% crit in favor of 2 CHA which in this case would give me more companion atributes and more CA dmg.
  • Options
    jazzmeisterjazzmeister Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Batuba, great guid been following this as i leveled a TR for my alt, and since i had the AD, i have the same gear as you pretty much: both Ancient spymaster daggers, (MH and OH), and full swashbuckling set, epic pants and shirt, and then i just got a necklace with 150, power/crit/ArP, and 2 pyrotechnichs brand (125 power/175 crit/125 ArP). I have then slottet all the offensive sockets with rank 5 Dark enchantments, for the 120 arp, but im only on 3.873 power, 2947 crit (with feats and class features inc. Skillful infiltrator only brings me to 47.9%) and 1.394 ArP giving 14.3% resistance ignorance, and then 1.024 recovery. I haven't been able to wrap my head around how you have gotten so high stats on everything with the gear from the screenshot, and then compare it to the screenshot of your latest listed stats, with nearly 4.7k power 3.8k crit, 2.2k ArP, and 1.2k recovery.

Could you possibly do a more detailed explanation on how you reach those stats? I was thinking maybe it was with the 4 set bonus active from swashbuckling pirate, but that still didden't add up with the ArP and high crit. plz get back to me :)

P.S. i play as half-Orc, with 24 str/24 dex/ and 12 to all else without campfire buff.

P.P.S is those stats with or without pet? and if with which one is it and what gear does it have?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hey Batuba, great guid been following this as i leveled a TR for my alt, and since i had the AD, i have the same gear as you pretty much: both Ancient spymaster daggers, (MH and OH), and full swashbuckling set, epic pants and shirt, and then i just got a necklace with 150, power/crit/ArP, and 2 pyrotechnichs brand (125 power/175 crit/125 ArP). I have then slottet all the offensive sockets with rank 5 Dark enchantments, for the 120 arp, but im only on 3.873 power, 2947 crit (with feats and class features inc. Skillful infiltrator only brings me to 47.9%) and 1.394 ArP giving 14.3% resistance ignorance, and then 1.024 recovery. I haven't been able to wrap my head around how you have gotten so high stats on everything with the gear from the screenshot, and then compare it to the screenshot of your latest listed stats, with nearly 4.7k power 3.8k crit, 2.2k ArP, and 1.2k recovery.

Could you possibly do a more detailed explanation on how you reach those stats? I was thinking maybe it was with the 4 set bonus active from swashbuckling pirate, but that still didden't add up with the ArP and high crit. plz get back to me :)

P.S. i play as half-Orc, with 24 str/24 dex/ and 12 to all else without campfire buff.

P.P.S is those stats with or without pet? and if with which one is it and what gear does it have?

That is with my pet. My pet has 2x rank 8 power stones and a rank 8 stat % stone. and three epic gear pieces.

374Lu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah i figured it out after i ran the numbers with the cat pet, but thx for the quick reply mate, i feel dumb not to realise it right away XD, but thx for the screenshot mate, this realy helps :)
  • Options
    carnaflex17carnaflex17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A mate and I have been following this guide and are currently lvl 45, It's worked great so far and I'm enjoying the build. I see that you have the CAT companion and was wondering if it's better than the Stone Of Allure?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    A mate and I have been following this guide and are currently lvl 45, It's worked great so far and I'm enjoying the build. I see that you have the CAT companion and was wondering if it's better than the Stone Of Allure?

The cat has higher base crit and recovery, where as the stone has crit, recovery, AND power, but lower base stats, the both give all the bonus stats from gear and stones, and you can easily enchant your pets gear and get the stats bonus from enchants on that :).
  • Options
    apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    11 pages in...not sure if it's been asked already so sorry if it has...

I know you are drow...but does race matter than much? I've rolled a Halfling TR, and leveled him to 22. Are halflings not as good as orcs or humans when it comes to being TR? Should I bother with re-rolling into an orc or human?
  • Options
    fietalfietal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Deft Strike is listed as a PvP ability, but I think it's a very useful PVE utility. I use Deft Strike instead of Blitz on Boss encounters. So far, I'm finding myself on the boss much more than other melee classes. It's very useful if you get into a good rotation with the boss AoE's.
  • Options
    thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Deft strike vs. Boss Aoes?
    - ItC (mostly no use to use it out of stealth, sometimes only - rather good AP reg as well btw)
    - dodge at the moment the aoe will hit right into the boss = safing time
    - just eating it if it isn't 1hitting and pot is up and/or you got astral shield

Only time I'm using it in PvE is if I got stucked by sth and using it out of stealth to get back to a party member. Frozen Heart final boss it might be useful (tried it first few times) but after some practice its just easier to time dodge which results in like 99% dps uptime (as for most bosses) or using ItC resulting in a max of 5-7k hits, easily healed by life leech.
    2nd way of using daft for any reason to have a higher mobility reaching downed team mates.. but no real need for that, 15s are enough time (esp because we can use stealth/ItC even while ressing without aborting it).

Best Boss setup is imo
    - ItC (only boss i sometimes don't take it depending on the party is currently spider, boss almost does no dmg)
    - Wicked reminder (not always, some bosses are to mobile for that)
    - something you like and is depending on situation.. lashing, smoke bomb, shadow strike, bait
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • Options
    noathomenoathome Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    11 pages in...not sure if it's been asked already so sorry if it has...

I know you are drow...but does race matter than much? I've rolled a Halfling TR, and leveled him to 22. Are halflings not as good as orcs or humans when it comes to being TR? Should I bother with re-rolling into an orc or human?

race bonuses are low,anyway the best race for tr is half orc. About reroll its your choose, imo its not worthed ,halflings are verry good too.
  • Options
    krazypunk117krazypunk117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @batuba I was wondering but I didn't see this information in your post but what encounters and at wills do recommend for soloing, like say lvl 60 and just doing foundrys to get the dialy done and over with :D
  • Options
    hobojoe12hobojoe12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a great build that has really helped me out on my way up to 60. I have a question though.

It seems pretty much unanimous that the Swashbuckler set is the way to go, but I plan to get a Tier 1 set as an inbetween before then (Tier 2 stuff is really expensive and I don't want to grind it out right now).

Which Tier 1 would you/anyone else recommend? Thanks.
  • Options
    etveretver Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hobojoe12 wrote: »
    Which Tier 1 would you/anyone else recommend? Thanks.
    Normally the best t1 set would be the Master duelist's one, but since it's 4piece bonus doesn't work with DF, i recommend shadewalker for more power and lifesteal. Recovery just not worth it now imo.
  • Options
    entriqueentrique Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whats the best daggers and accessories for T1?
  • Options
    riverfontriverfont Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Excellent topic. Thank you Luna (batuba), and also thanks to others that have posted in thoughts, theories and experiences to this topic.
  • Options
    fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    Any thoughts on how the changes to duelist flurry is going to effect this build, I am guessing a huge amount since it is built around that.
  • Options
    etveretver Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont think that these changes are so severe. It will just decrase our damage output a little. Inability to place more than 10 stacks is not very important if you are the only rogue in a group.
    Oh and Luna, could u please update screenshots in the end of your guide, for some reasons i can't see them