What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Luna's TR Build Guide

Comments

• byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    batuba wrote: »

STEALTH ROTATION

Duelist Flurry - Duelist Flurry (to try and get the 10 stacks) - Lashing Strike - Dazing Strike - Blitz (only if there are multiple monsters)

I'm only finding time to do one Duelist flurry then few sly flourish before lashing strike and dazing strike. What gives?

Edit: Figured it out :D do you start your stealth -after- the first 2 strikes of Duelist Flurry, in other words, just before the third strike?
  • batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    byonah wrote: »
    I'm only finding time to do one Duelist flurry then few sly flourish before lashing strike and dazing strike. What gives?

Edit: Figured it out :D do you start your stealth -after- the first 2 strikes of Duelist Flurry, in other words, just before the third strike?

Correct, sorry for the confusion! I edited in the original post.
    edited May 2013
    First Video is up! Its very basic, just a dungeon run, however might give you a feel of how the build works. Had a great party as you will see CW and GWF start to kick some serious butt T2 and beyond!
  • bloodytrailzbloodytrailz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tried SE for a bit however I've never liked it. The reason I don't like it for PvE is that first its not a 100% crit chance. Second with LA you can crit your Lashing strike for 34-54k (which is around the same numbers I've seen personally with SE. So why would I use SE (which is situational since you depend on your target having low HP) instead of LA where I could have a multiple of abilities hitting extremely hard. I feel it will way out weigh the one attack you get from SE and dmg bonus after.

Hmm very understandable, i guess it's a case of not so much that SE is bad....it's just more of a case that lurking shadows is way too strong. (Seriously 60% damage for what, 6-8 seconds? that's just insanity >.>;) I guess if lurking shadows were to ever take a nerf and go down to maybe even half the power (25-30% bonus) then SE might start outperforming, until then, i can see it's lacking

(Although it has 1 advantage in that the damage is frontloaded, so you won't get dropped damage from your daily due to a red AoE or a knockdown/back or anything like that such nonsense that breaks your DPS chain when you pop lurking shadows)

Thanks for the opinion :) I do tend to agree with you, i think they both have their merits, but i think lurking shadows is just too strong for the time being compared to Se (and every other daily we have...lol)

I'm also having a hard time wanting to drop deft strike. I love me some blink strike! But i can definitely see the merits of Blitz. I see deft strike as an increase in DPS beyond its damage, because of the instant gap close. Rolling away then deft striking back in gives more time for damage then running back in. (It's a better single target damage increaser than blitz, but you lose all AE capability at that point)

Edit: Just decided to watch the vid cuz i have 15 minutes to burn on my craft before i go to bed....love gerudo valley, one of my favourite VG musics ever <3
  • exterminosexterminos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Silly question.. what pet did you go with?

from the pve video added later looks like the cat
    edited May 2013

Disciple of Strength Increase the amount of bonus damage Strength gives you by 5/10/15% 2/3
    If your Race is Human, I strongly recommend finishing this up with 3/3. Again, more damage always better.

Now that this is 3/3 increases by 6% (even less than previously 2 points by 4%) do you reckon its still worth the points?
  • javabnjavabn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use a build like this except I use Deft Strike alot to open on packs of small mobs (a stealth/deft strike/dazing strike combo can one shot a small mob and stun the others), get behind big mobs with frontal attacks and get to mobs that jump or have been knocked back. I don't worry too much about AOE and find that using Sly Flourish and rotating in a circle is kind of like AOE. I try to always use Lashing Blade from Stealth for the big damage bonus. The Stealth regen and Lashing Blade CD seem to line up closely.
    edited May 2013
    Correct, sorry for the confusion! I edited in the original post.

After respeccing i tested again, without (Improved Cunning Sneak: your stealth lasts 20% longer) you actually cannot do 2 duelists flurry, and looking at your video you are only doing 1 as well.
    edited May 2013
    After respeccing i tested again, without (Improved Cunning Sneak: your stealth lasts 20% longer) you actually cannot do 2 duelists flurry, and looking at your video you are only doing 1 as well.

The rotations are mainly openers since the CD's are always different. Anyways im testing and your right, I'll correct this. Would be intresting to see if with more bonus time in stealth feat if you could get in the second one.
  • kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only way to get drow is paying 200 dollars right? yah i like the game but not ready to shell out that much money most i ever paid for collectors that was like 150, if u can the race by itself that be cool, still how did u roll 26dex?
  • arcusiarcusi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could you post your stats please? Like how much power, crit, defense etc you have that would give me more of a head's up on what to look for in gear pieces rather than showing us the gear that many may not be able to obtain.
  • bloodytrailzbloodytrailz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The rotations are mainly openers since the CD's are always different. Anyways im testing and your right, I'll correct this. Would be intresting to see if with more bonus time in stealth feat if you could get in the second one.

What we could modify this too is:
    (The numbers meaning the step in the DF chain, not 3 full combos)
    Duelist Flurry 1, Duelist Flurry 2, Stealth, Duelist Flurry 3, Sly flourish until last moment, Lashing Blade>Deft Strike>Blitz(if multi mobs)
    edited May 2013
    only way to get drow is paying 200 dollars right? yah i like the game but not ready to shell out that much money most i ever paid for collectors that was like 150, if u can the race by itself that be cool, still how did u roll 26dex?

Drow will be available 60 days after OB started for everyone, unless I'm mistaken.
    edited May 2013
    arcusi wrote: »
    Could you post your stats please? Like how much power, crit, defense etc you have that would give me more of a head's up on what to look for in gear pieces rather than showing us the gear that many may not be able to obtain.

In the video you can see the stats, however they are (with cat present):

Power: 4999 Attack/Healing: 7878
    Crit Strike: 2953 Critical Chance: 50% Critical Severity: 75% (will change when I slot in Vorpals to my weapon)
    Armor Pen: 416
    Recovery: 1146
    Def: 838
    Deflect: 314
  • ownagekillz23ownagekillz23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kill stuff faster with sly flourish than duelist flurry.. why is that? I hate how slow duelist flurry is.
    edited May 2013

Yes if you put 5/5 Improved Cunning Sneak, you will be able to do two flurries if you start the first at the third strike, thats what i did when i was asking you how u managed to do 2 flurries but back then i had 5/5 improved cunning sneak.

Now that i respecced i cant, so the question is, would it be worth removing 6% str damage bonus for double flurry per stealth? note that in the guide you mentioned 2/3 STR which gave you 10%. But after the nerf we are spending 3/3 STR to get 6%.
    edited May 2013
    What we could modify this too is:
    (The numbers meaning the step in the DF chain, not 3 full combos)
    Duelist Flurry 1, Duelist Flurry 2, Stealth, Duelist Flurry 3, Sly flourish until last moment, Lashing Blade>Deft Strike>Blitz(if multi mobs)

Indeed that is the best way to do it if you dont have 20% longer stealth.
    edited May 2013
    Yes if you put 5/5 Improved Cunning Sneak, you will be able to do two flurries if you start the first at the third strike, thats what i did when i was asking you how u managed to do 2 flurries but back then i had 5/5 improved cunning sneak.

Now that i respecced i cant, so the question is, would it be worth removing 6% str damage bonus for double flurry per stealth? note that in the guide you mentioned 2/3 STR which gave you 10%. But after the nerf we are spending 3/3 STR to get 6%.

Its tough to say. Does 6% all the time out weigh the extra dmg from one stealth flurry? I guess it all comes down to if your able to land that second flurry all the time (if your targets are moving around or knocked around it can be hard, as seen in my video where there are times I'm just swinging at the air). Not to mention if you take a single point of dmg in this time your stealth meter is knocked down as well making it even harder to do both combos.
  • zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its tough to say. Does 6% all the time out weigh the extra dmg from one stealth flurry? I guess it all comes down to if your able to land that second flurry all the time (if your targets are moving around or knocked around it can be hard, as seen in my video where there are times I'm just swinging at the air). Not to mention if you take a single point of dmg in this time your stealth meter is knocked down as well making it even harder to do both combos.

If you feat it right, you can also get 25% more crit severity when in stealth, and 20% AP gain. So consider that if you are buffing stealth duration..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalantriskalantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice video, but I have a question. How did you remove or ease the visual from Lurker's Assault? I'm having a hard time moving out of abilities because I just can't see them.
  • zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This should be moved to the rogue forums now - class forums are back up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I'm about to purchase a companion from the ZEN shop, however i am worried about making a mistake considering im 2 days old in Neverwinter :D what i am wondering is would there be a recommended pet for a TR? would it make a difference which DPS pet i pick, etc...
  • cett2cett2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know about the ZEN shop but the regular tank companion you get at 16 or w/e level (Man-At-Arms) is amazing and tanks very well up until the 55+ range. Would always pick a tank companion in my opinion not sure what that is on zen shop though~
  • tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHat wrong with sneak attack passive? You move at +30% movement while in stealth... I move so fast while in stealth.. I can chase down any target in pvp.. Plus it allows me to active stealth further away from the target and still get with in range to get off my big hits... I think its a must if you don't +movement speed on your gear/enhancements.... +30% movement +15% from Infil Action and +more from gear will make you into a speeding bullet on the battlefield... I'm at the point where no one in pvp can get away from me.. Everytime a Controll Wiz tp's away I'm already in there face doing LMB and stuning them..
  • casia345casia345 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I think alot of the sneak attack hate is from closed beta players that had a super OP version of sneak attack, which was a large damage buff.

I do find it strange reading guides that so many consider 3% crit and 15% move speed all the time to be a must have, while 30% run speed in stealth is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    that seems pretty balanced to me.

Of course there is also the end game versus leveling. End game, ++++dps wins over movement in pve.
    pvp, might have some use for movement still.
    edited May 2013
    cett2 wrote: »
    I dont know about the ZEN shop but the regular tank companion you get at 16 or w/e level (Man-At-Arms) is amazing and tanks very well up until the 55+ range. Would always pick a tank companion in my opinion not sure what that is on zen shop though~

are the dps ones completely useless in end game? because my rank 15 one just tickles mobs so i was wondering if ZEN ones at rank 30 would be useful.
  • al3xmerceral3xmercer Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LUNA'S TR BUILD GUIDE - Executioner's Style

First off I'd like to clarify that this was not originally my build as far as feats however, rotation and points into powers are. I can't remember who's feat build it was (and when I find out I will give due credit) but ever since I've seen my damage sky rocket and always first on dmg by around 1-4 million over other players (even over other TR's) against equal geared characters. I hadn't planned to write a guide so I don't have all the screen shots needed at the moment, but if this post is useful to anyone, I'll be sure to get some next time I'm able to log in the game, also my first time ever writing a guide however I was asked to do so by many TR I grouped with as well as the constant whispers I get in game about my build. If there is a similar post with a similar build, then I apologize in advance, however I havn't seen any builds so far. So here goes...

My character's name is Luna@batuba (currently at 9.9k Gear Score) and is a Drow Trickster Rogue. My ability scores are as followed (with out campfire buff) : 26 Dex, 19 STR, 17 CHA.

FEATS

HEROIC

Action Advantage 2/4/6/8/10% additional Action Point for dealing Combat Advantage damage. 5/5
    You should constantly be striving to be in combat advantage due to extra damage and feat bonuses. Getting extra action points is very nice as well.

Weapon Mastery 1/2/3% greater chance to land a critical hit. 3/3
    This build is based on crit and crit damage. Every bit of crit will help.

Toughness Increase your Maximum Hit Points by 3/6/9%. 1/3
    Little bit of extra HP never hurts and a good place as any to dump the extra point needed to advance in the tier.

Cunning Ambusher You deal 2/4/6% more damage for 6 seconds after leaving Stealth 3/3
    You should constantly look to fight from stealth when your able. This will stack very nicely with other abilities later discussed.

Endless Assault Your encounters deal 2/4/6% more damage. 3/3
    More damage... can't go wrong

Scoundrel Training Your At-Wills deal 3/6/9% more damage to foes not targeting you. 3/3
    Clearly not a soloing ability however you in groups you'll nearly always have this damage bonus.

Disciple of Strength Increase the amount of bonus damage Strength gives you by 5/10/15% 2/3
    If your Race is Human, I strongly recommend finishing this up with 3/3. Again, more damage always better.

PARAGON

Dazzling Blades Your At-Will powers have a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to reduce the cooldown on recharging Encounter powers by 1 second. 5/5
    Get your abilities off CD faster... Can't go wrong

Can you make a "quick pvp guide" now dude ?
    I am confused with pvp build

In pvp i am using Lurker assault is that wrong ? or whirlind blade .
    Your Touch MY BLISS!
  • xraynanxxraynanx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Well now i gonna delet my char to create a real good TR:p
  • rcteamorcteamo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dazzling Blades was Nerfed? there say 1% 2% 3% 4 % 5%
  • thatonefatguythatonefatguy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could you post the best companion(s) to pair up with your rogue?

Could you also recommend the best things to be spending zen/AD on?