test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lemonade Stand (Dragon) taking PvP premade requests

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    nocturnalg wrote: »
    Oh, Great idea. With respect, Lemonade Stand would like to challenge the Game developers and Forum Moderators to a 5v5 premade.

Sadly I know at least three of us play on Mindflayer and when it comes to PvP we're pretty hands off.

In fact I never would have believed I would actually enjoy PvP in the game before I experienced it myself. I'm still trying to wrestle AandretheGiant to join me in PvP but that's going about as well as him trying to get Zebular onto the NOCS. :p
  • Options
    nocturnalgnocturnalg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps after Merge then.
    Carnage
    Lemonade Stand
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Oh, Great idea. With respect, Lemonade Stand would like to challenge the Game developers and Forum Moderators to a 5v5 premade.
    Sadly I know at least three of us play on Mindflayer and when it comes to PvP we're pretty hands off.

In fact I never would have believed I would actually enjoy PvP in the game before I experienced it myself. I'm still trying to wrestle AandretheGiant to join me in PvP but that's going about as well as him trying to get Zebular onto the NOCS. :p
    . . . . . If I enjoyed PvP, I'd be all over this. I don't care to mix D&D and PvP though. If I wanted to PvP, I'd go play a PvP-Based game. Sadly, my PvP days are far behind me. My reaction time is not like it used to be back in my UO and Shadowbane PvP Days. I play Neverwinter because I have been a FR DM for nearly two decades now and the Realms/D&D is my one true gaming love. Yeah, like the Queen - I don't do news interviews. I'll release a statement if I had to, but it would take the Monarchy itself to persuade me to do an interview or be on a talk/radio show.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . If I enjoyed PvP, I'd be all over this. I don't care to mix D&D and PvP though. If I wanted to PvP, I'd go play a PvP-Based game. Sadly, my PvP days are far behind me. My reaction time is not like it used to be back in my UO and Shadowbane PvP Days. I play Neverwinter because I have been a FR DM for nearly two decades now and the Realms/D&D is my one true gaming love.

Aandre is in this camp. Last time I PvPed was in the early days of DDO. PvP holds zero interest to me in a D&D game. It's akin to bringing a tennis racket to a baseball game and trying to bat. :) It's just the wrong game! Besides the rooting here would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off more than it does in PvE. Sorry to you PvPers who'd love to see it... I'm 100% PvE.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    nocturnalgnocturnalg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fair enough guys. I do appreciate your response. Now, if only I could get a hold of the Game developers to challenge them.
    Carnage
    Lemonade Stand
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Fair enough guys. I do appreciate your response. Now, if only I could get a hold of the Game developers to challenge them.
    . . . . . I do know that many of the Devs love to PvP just as many of them love to play PnP D&D (the devs are D&D players too!). If you were around in the Alpha-Beta testing phases, they had plenty of "Battle the Devs" events. I am sure that if they can find the time, they would love to PvP with some players again. I cannot speak for them on this, but I'll pass along the desire. Most likely, if such would happen, it would be a public event akin to what we seen during testing.
  • Options
    thatasianbradahthatasianbradah Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lemonade Stand Guild. You guys are pros. I don't know if any of you fought "ThatAsianDude" before, but I have to give my regards to you. Everytime I see Lantis or anyone with the guild tag, I know I'm about to head into a rock hard fight. My guild, Children Of The Light, will eventually come to challenge you guys in PvP as a premade so keep on fighting you guys!
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I fail to understand what's the logic behind ULTRACOMPETITIVE PvP players to choose a game like NW (or any non E-Sport game) you guys seem to enjoy the challenge, why not choosing a game rewarding in that aspect? a game where the field is equal for everybody, the balance perfect and there actual rewards for you? skill wise this pvp seems rather dull, enjoyable but dull, you guys should play some FPS, LoL/DotA/SC2, or a PvP focused MMO... i am borderline obsesive when it comes to competition, so when i want to compete... i play chess, i play Hold'em, i play MTG... but when i play a game like this one... i just want to enjoy, i dont need to dominate a field of a few dozens of players with comparable skill and gear, go out and dominate a field of thousands or even millions of players!
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think i've met you in some pvp matches but it was a long time ago. Did you stop pugging?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I think i've met you in some pvp matches but it was a long time ago. Did you stop pugging?

Me? i don't pvp here, is against what i consider DnD... ive been playing DnD since i was 9 and im close to 37 now... feels like insulting something has been a really important part of my life... i pug a lot T2 dungs and also run often with guildies... also im usually vocal when pugging and chatty so maybe is that...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Still Challenging All of Dragon. Message us.
    Carnage
    Lemonade Stand
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lemonade Stand Guild. You guys are pros. I don't know if any of you fought "ThatAsianDude" before, but I have to give my regards to you. Everytime I see Lantis or anyone with the guild tag, I know I'm about to head into a rock hard fight. My guild, Children Of The Light, will eventually come to challenge you guys in PvP as a premade so keep on fighting you guys!

Thx, I always lol when i see your nick :P
    frarii wrote: »
    I fail to understand what's the logic behind ULTRACOMPETITIVE PvP players to choose a game like NW (or any non E-Sport game) you guys seem to enjoy the challenge, why not choosing a game rewarding in that aspect? a game where the field is equal for everybody, the balance perfect and there actual rewards for you? skill wise this pvp seems rather dull, enjoyable but dull, you guys should play some FPS, LoL/DotA/SC2, or a PvP focused MMO... i am borderline obsesive when it comes to competition, so when i want to compete... i play chess, i play Hold'em, i play MTG... but when i play a game like this one... i just want to enjoy, i dont need to dominate a field of a few dozens of players with comparable skill and gear, go out and dominate a field of thousands or even millions of players!

Most of the guildmates don't come from competitive background, but some of us do (I played ut, quake, cod4 on clanbase / esl ladders and was part of my national team) and we drive them to be competitive.

Honestly I don't play any MMO's i never played wow or gw2, this is my first one and i like the pvp mechanics (dodge, counters, stuns etc), it all feels instant with big feedback. it's not like wow where i see just "casting" bar and some animation and the other player loses hp.

I heard tera has good mechanics aswell, that you feel the hits and stuns but many said the game itself isn't enjoyable. I guess im just waiting for BF4 or another good ARPG/MMO title.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ty for the answer lantiss... so is just you enjoy the game for itself... and as you're competitive you translate it, not choosing the game to compete... interesting...

I've just played GG PvP for first time, felt... zergy and kinda confusing, but well i'd still choose it instead of being kicked in the balls... not my thing, but i guess that can be enjoyable.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ty for the answer lantiss... so is just you enjoy the game for itself... and as you're competitive you translate it, not choosing the game to compete... interesting...

I've just played GG PvP for first time, felt... zergy and kinda confusing, but well i'd still choose it instead of being kicked in the balls... not my thing, but i guess that can be enjoyable.

You don't know what you're missing, brah!
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Create a forum on you're own website if you want to do this. Many of these people are not from dragon sever, no offense but you are not the best. You self proclaim yourself on the forum without slightest clue that people could rank higher then you.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Me? i don't pvp here, is against what i consider DnD... ive been playing DnD since i was 9 and im close to 37 now... feels like insulting something has been a really important part of my life... i pug a lot T2 dungs and also run often with guildies... also im usually vocal when pugging and chatty so maybe is that...

Sorry, was answering to OP.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Accepting all Challenges. Step up.
    Carnage
    Lemonade Stand
  • Options
    shiphtur1gshiphtur1g Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    Create a forum on you're own website if you want to do this. Many of these people are not from dragon sever, no offense but you are not the best. You self proclaim yourself on the forum without slightest clue that people could rank higher then you.

judging by what ive seen and from what people on other servers have said to me, dragon server seems to be at the top of everything, in regards to clearing content first, achieving higher gs's, theory crafting, even farming ad, so other servers cant even compare to any of the top guilds on dragon. now taking a look at dragon alone, lemonade stand is still undefeated, so until someone beats them, or even comes within say 500 pts of winning, id put my money on it that theyre the best group of pvpers in the game currently. anyone who thinks otherwise im sure lemonade stand would be happy to give them a game, if not a few.

edit- and to clarify, that wasn't me taking a shot at players on other servers, just simply stating that if youre still in the stages of collecting gear and learning the mechanics of classes, you cant compete, dragons just more populated so players on dragon have had a bit of an advantage.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    shiphtur1g wrote: »
    dragons just more populated so players on dragon have had a bit of an advantage.

Got a source that dragon is the most populated or are you just making stuff up as you go?

Beholder had the longest queue during OB launch from what I recall, I'm personally not aware of any other numbers aside from that in regards to server pop.
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »

+1

FYI, everytime we challenge you, you don't wanna play. must be easy beeing "unbeaten" if ur not playing against better players.

ALSO, how is it possible to have an competetive PVP match when the GF class is bugged (yes, they got a class feature which sometimes give random 30k hp heals when on low hp, can even procc when prone)
    since u will be using ur GF, right? =)
  • Options
    cyblisscybliss Member Posts: 108
    edited July 2013
    coglover wrote: »
    +1

FYI, everytime we challenge you, you don't wanna play. must be easy beeing "unbeaten" if ur not playing against better players.

ALSO, how is it possible to have an competetive PVP match when the GF class is bugged (yes, they got a class feature which sometimes give random 30k hp heals when on low hp, can even procc when prone)

And who is this in game + what guild, may I ask? As far as I know, the only reason we say no is when we don't have enough people online that want to? PM me in game if you want to premade later today @ Invisibility@cybliss

EDIT - We can use no GFs if you want
  • Options
    feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    judging by what ive seen and from what people on other servers have said to me, dragon server seems to be at the top of everything, in regards to clearing content first, achieving higher gs's, theory crafting, even farming ad, so other servers cant even compare to any of the top guilds on dragon. now taking a look at dragon alone, lemonade stand is still undefeated, so until someone beats them, or even comes within say 500 pts of winning, id put my money on it that theyre the best group of pvpers in the game currently. anyone who thinks otherwise im sure lemonade stand would be happy to give them a game, if not a few.

edit- and to clarify, that wasn't me taking a shot at players on other servers, just simply stating that if youre still in the stages of collecting gear and learning the mechanics of classes, you cant compete, dragons just more populated so players on dragon have had a bit of an advantage.

^^ i highly doubt that.

but if so, let me pack my bags, gettin rdy to leave before server merge... im scurrrrrrred of dragohoon :=0
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    cybliss wrote: »
    And who is this in game + what guild, may I ask? As far as I know, the only reason we say no is when we don't have enough people online that want to? PM me in game if you want to premade later today @ Invisibility@cybliss

EDIT - We can use no GFs if you want

Im on vacation atm :D will have to be when im on an IT cafe, but the point was more meant to show that its hard to make fun pvp, since as you may already know 4 GWFs > all :D

i will try set up a match against u when i know I'm online, capable of playing neverwinter and my guys are online, ive got a matchup which i believe is impossible to beat. also its not the GFs that bugged its just a class feature, so we can just agree to not use that class feature and i guess we will be fine, since we have a GF aswell

EDIT: the matchup i had in mind is max 2 GWFs allowed matchup, just to be clear :p
  • Options
    cyblisscybliss Member Posts: 108
    edited July 2013
    Im on vacation atm :D will have to be when im on an IT cafe, but the point was more meant to show that its hard to make fun pvp, since as you may already know 4 GWFs > all :D

i will try set up a match against u when i know I'm online, capable of playing neverwinter and my guys are online, ive got a matchup which i believe is impossible to beat. also its not the GFs that bugged its just a class feature, so we can just agree to not use that class feature and i guess we will be fine, since we have a GF aswell

EDIT: the matchup i had in mind is max 2 GWFs allowed matchup, just to be clear :p

I personally dislike having more than 1 because it makes the match quite boring. The problem is we have 3+ super active GWF A-team members :(. What guild can we expect a premade against in the future?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    judging by what ive seen and from what people on other servers have said to me, neverwinter preview server seems to be at the top of everything, in regards to clearing content first, achieving higher gs's (first 4k gs rogue), theory crafting (learned how to read first), even farming ad (pushed 11 buttons), so other servers cant even compare to any of the top guilds on neverwinter preview shard. now taking a look at neverwinter preview alone, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cabbage is still undefeated (0-0), so until someone beats them, or even comes within say 669 pts of winning, id put my money on it that theyre the best group of pvpers in the game currently. anyone who thinks otherwise im sure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cabbage would be happy to give them a head of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cabbage, if not a few.

edit- and to clarify, that wasn't me taking a shot at players on other servers that aren't as cool, just simply stating that if youre still in the stages of leveling to 60 and learning the mechanics of classes, you cant compete, neverwinter preview shard just more better players on neverwinter preview shard and have had a bit of an advantage because they have known WoW was the first MMO and Alienware is the best gaming PC's for a longer period of time.
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

Just so we are clear its not a bug, w/ fighter recovery active'd it goes somthing like this..

Fighters recovery
    - hit down to 15% hp
    Ferious heals 10%
    Ferious sends 10% hp at target
    Fighters heals 10% of dmg dealt = 10% + Tenebrous dmg + Regenration (~1K @ bloodied)

so you end up w/ 20% hp (if spec'd 40% hp) +7k+1K = total heal sum

but ya i wont use if you dont.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    shiphtur1gshiphtur1g Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    Got a source that dragon is the most populated or are you just making stuff up as you go?

Beholder had the longest queue during OB launch from what I recall, I'm personally not aware of any other numbers aside from that in regards to server pop.

make a char on another server and compare instance pops.

again, beholder and mindflayer are in the dark ages.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
    make a char on another server and compare instance pops.

again, beholder and mindflayer are in the dark ages.

Your biased opinion of other servers without any factual evidence is really intelligent and relevant! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    Just so we are clear its not a bug, w/ fighter recovery active'd it goes somthing like this..

Fighters recovery
    - hit down to 15% hp
    Ferious heals 10%
    Ferious sends 10% hp at target
    Fighters heals 10% of dmg dealt = 10% + Tenebrous dmg + Regenration (~1K @ bloodied)

so you end up w/ 20% hp (if spec'd 40% hp) +7k+1K = total heal sum

but ya i wont use if you dont.

I think ferious heals is bugged cause I have gotten some random full heals on my GF without Fighters recovery up like where did that come from. Also Tene's who uses those bugged enchants still ?
This discussion has been closed.