test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] Gauntlgrym - post your feedback here!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    moljinirmoljinir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Guild requirement is just stupid. There is no incentive to do this as a guild nor any mechanic to make it so that you can do it all together as a guild. A single player should be able to choose a faction and build it personally rather than relying on the guild leader to choose how your character lives.
  • Options
    finalcatalyst454finalcatalyst454 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i feel like its completely unbalanced. On Beholder the Luskan Corsairs win everytime. The only time Delzoun has ever won that i played in was the very first time and that's because of a massive bug. It's no fun when half the people won't even try because they know they'll get stuck with the t1 dungeon either way.
  • Options
    iirciirc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It sucks.

Thats's all the feedback you need to know.
  • Options
    marchrisjmarchrisj Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I have played through Gauntlgrym a few times now with a Control Wizard.

Phase 1 people can just turn up at the last minute do one little thing and get credit for this phase. as there appears to be no slidding rewards here and if the pvp buff is deemed by mainy to not be worth it then people may just leave this part to till the last minute. Possibe options to fix this would be to have rewards for helping to killing the deamon boss near the giants chair or as others have said to offer rewards based on how much u parcticipate during phase 1.

Phase 2 the pvp can be a bit hit and miss depending on how things go.
    But if a guild has 20 members that could pvp then its a bit strange that they would have no options to queue as a block if they so choose.
    The pve side of things in this phase has a much more obvious effect on things the ginat is definetly worth trying to get for your side but if he is left unguarded he can be killed in the pvp part by just one CW although this would be slow.
    The catapults could perhaps use some strengthening as at the minute they do seem more of a minor nusance but i have not been in combat when they have come doen so that may be different.
    Rewards for for taking part in the pvp action are much better, 7 coins for a win and if u finish fast u can try to queue again for another 7, 3 for a lose. Even if u do not normally pvp its something different to try and the rewards are there including the diamond daily.

Phase 3 T1 dungeon people have taken to just running through the mobs to the first set of doors then killing those they have there.
    Then running to the boss where somebody can usually trigger the boss so any mobs following u do not have to be fought.

A possible solution to this would be to add more doors along the route that would have to be interacted with.

Rewards for T1 4 to 5 gaunt coins in chest, a few unicorn coins as well and a random T1 drop for 5 people which can include pvp set items.
    Also another problem here is that if u enter the queue without a full group u can sometimes be put into a group that is at the boss fire.
    In this case u will spawn at that fire which means u will not be able to open the chest with the gaunt coins in at the end.
    Which is a problem if thats the only run u can get due to your class as it means u have just spent an hour to hour and a half for a few unicorn coins and a roll on a T1 item.

T2 dungeon the groups i have run in have not run through this dungeon yet the fights here are not bad and u generally clear to the boss pretty smoothly. The boss as others have said is basically just about add management and beating the boss down, this can be very slow if your rouge has a low GS or has not got a perfect set up rotation yet.
    Loot here is again like T1 with drake coins and a random t2 drop added problem the T2 dungeon does not seem to count for the dungeon daily in gaunt at the minute.

Do we really need the chest at the end of the Gauntlgrym dungeons as all they seem to do is drop the gaunt coins which it seems the boss could do just as easily. If these chest coins are not fixed and are linked to your performance in the other events then this should be mentioned in the notes for the event.

It would be nice if the rewards from the dungeons could be better as a lot of effort has to be put in especially for the T2 dungeon.
    Also is there anyway for the dungeon u get to be less random as others have said if u win your pve event in your area and the pvp event u take part in you can still end up with just the T1 dungeon.

In all Gauntlgrym is an interesting event but its a large commitment of time for what at the minute can be percieved as a maximum reward of about 5000 rough diamonds, 7 gaunt coins for pvp win 3 for lose and then 8 to 10 gaunt coins for running dungeons twice if u can. so gaunt coins will raneg from 11 to 17 on average. Some especially with the T1 dungeon as it is at the minute will be able to get many more. Also winning the pvp quickly can mean another 7 there.

A final problem with phase 3 as has been mentioned in other posts is that if you queue with a full 5 man party you can end up waiting a long time before your queue will pop.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I'm not sure they want the "Crypt advantage", so much as to grief people. The T1 is more profitable in general anyway, as it yields a ton of coins if you speedrun it; you can get 3-5 runs in, if you don't hang around and have pretty good AoE.

Yeah, the "Crypt advantage" is meaningless, but keep in mind, you do get 7-10 coins for winning Grym PvP, and I think 3-4 when losing.

Outside of that, it destroys any fair chance at opposition. No one but these griefers has a chance to win the competiton. The victims of the camp get to sit and watch their toon die for 20 minutes or they can punchout. FUN, FUN, FUN!
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    Yeah, the "Crypt advantage" is meaningless, but keep in mind, you do get 7-10 coins for winning Grym PvP, and I think 3-4 when losing.

Outside of that, it destroys any fair chance at opposition. No one but these griefers has a chance to win the competiton. The victims of the camp get to sit and watch their toon die for 20 minutes or they can punchout. FUN, FUN, FUN!

They claim that they are just saving time because they would win anyway, which is absurd, since they deliberately make an effort to queue all together and sync the pop-ups as you can see on the stream. They don't actually want to challenge themselves. When I PvP with my guild we try to give ourselves some handicaps because we know if we all go full force it won't be fair if we're against a pug on the other side. These guys do the opposite because they know they won't be punished by Cryptic who are just clueless about how bad this is for the rest of their players.

What they do with Gauntlgrym is similar in terms of unfairness as this: you get 9 people together, all of whom know each other. One of them asks in town for another one random person (victim) for PvP. You sync to have a PvP with the two groups. The 5 that are together are playing normally, and the 4 on the other team are just standing around in spawn not helping the other random guy. You laugh together as the solo person who wasn't part of the plan struggles against the opposing team of 5 people while being by himself.