test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Feedback] Gauntlgrym - post your feedback here!

Comments

• growltoogrowltoo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, yet another where we destroyed in PvP and still lost. I don't understand how this is a "reward" system. They aren't being rewarded for being good, or even being prepared for the Tier 2 instance. Because honestly they were SO BAD there is no way they would be able to complete the instance. They are being rewarded for losing, but somehow picking the more popular side.

I hope that some employees on the development team finished college. Maybe some of you even got a business degree. Therefore I have a question for you. I will give you two scenarios and you decide which one is good, and which one will probably be ineffective.

Your goal is the make a person happy and continue doing the actions they are currently doing.

You put that person in a group and give them a task with an indicated reward.

Now you have a choice of reward system.

You can either make it so their efforts directly effect whether they get the reward or not.

OR!

You can link their effort with the efforts of other groups with whom they have zero direct connection, zero method of cooperative motivation, and honestly zero idea whether those people are even capable of achieving the reward.

If you chose #1 (you didn't) The motivation is high, and a loss would indicate a direct need of improvement.

If you chose #2 (you did) There is very very little link between performance and reward. This is a very bad way to motivate people.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol.. so im not missing much then?
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vmlinux wrote: »
    That can't be it, all it takes is one small field on each characters database entry.

This is about the fraction your talking about right.

If it is your totally right. Either when making character pick fraction or at lvl 60 pick one simple end of story about why you dont need to have a guild to do this GG. Whats the piont anyway most people say it sucks to begin with
  • nolansykinsleynolansykinsley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gaunt is a great disappointment!

The PvE is slow paced and requires playing through a couple times to even really know what to do. The Payoff for the 90 minutes of game play is very very disappointing. I mean seriously! Play through 90 minutes, get to the end chest, and what is in it? 5 coins. One boss with one rare drop, that means 90 minutes of game play for 5 coins, some glory, and a 1 in 5 chance for a piece of gear. Not to mention that the one piece I have gotten was bind on pickup, and not even worth equipping, so I could not sell in the auction house, and the 1.6 gold was not even enough to recoup the cost of potions needed for the event!

When I enter the dungeon it says dungeon delves event activated. Normally this means that there is a guaranteed item in the end chest, but this does not seem to be the case with GG, in fact I have never heard of anyone getting any loot from the end chest. Is this a bug, or is this the way it is meant to be? If this is the way it is meant to be, I will not be playing anymore because even the "epic" gear that can be bought for the coins is not even better than the PvP gear that I already have, and at 4-7 coins a run, will take a week of game play to even get one of the low end pieces!
  • hmmrsmshfacehmmrsmshface Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lejdg wrote: »
    Loot is horrible.. give us a t2 in the chest ontop of the coins. Its WAYYYYYY too long for that shabby loot.

It really really felt like such a waste of time to do the whole thing and esentially get a few coins. i think 5 or 6 and nothing else! especially as the gear goes for 75 a piece! - and the stats are messed up.. if you want us to play it, include actual loot

I agree and so do alot of others. I don't understand giving T2 for GG, it's a big waste of time...
  • jorderon1jorderon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GG is terrible. A quick fix is to shorten the length of each event, except the dungeon aspect. So GG would last 1 hour, and be 15 pve/15 pvp, and a full 30 minutes for the dungeon event; which should also drop a chest like a DD event. Then we can get a full profession hour back.

While you're at it, allow players to simply enter the zone, and not be forced to use the "stand-in-line-with-a-full-party" queue system. It literally takes 10 minutes to get a queue unless you queue up immediately, and since the leader is randomed when we get to the last phase, it's hard to do that.
  • nolansykinsleynolansykinsley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh! and the end event dungeon messes with parties. I go into the queue with a specific party that I have put together to maximize success, and what happens? It changed my party, players get replaced with other classes that I did not want, specifically I do not want two TR in a group for the dwarf king, but it insists on changing my group so it has two TR! If I place two CW in my group I do NOT want one replaced with a TR, there is a reason I want two CW. It also changes who the party leader is... Not to mention that I keep hearing the party chat of the person that was removed from the party, even after the event and I disband the party I still receive that player's party chat.

If I make a party to go into a dungeon, I want THAT PARTY to go into the dungeon, I do not want it changed!

I am wondering if this is a bug (I know the chat part is) and if I should report it.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Honest feedback:

Phase 1 - Seems pointless, no real noticeable impact to me in Phase 2.
    Phase 2 - The funnest part by far. Only complaint I have is how dumb the mobiles are that work for each team at times. I don't know anyone who gathers the lumber, etc. Just straight to the PvP queue.
    Phase 3 - The t1 + t2 dungeons, seem short. Good starts, but I'd prefer to see different gear dropping and their size increased.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    We had a full five man party today and all ran it from start to finish and our faction won. We go to enter the t2 dungeon and it tells us one of our party members doesn't qualify. For some unknown reason he didn't receive the Iron Tabernacle share like all the rest of us. We had to grab a random person wound up with three TRs and no healer. Needless to say we never were able to finish the final boss :/
  • ignoranciaignorancia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another great experience i had with GG was:
    Participate on it for 50 min, queue for pvp, wait for 7 min on queue, find a group, crash, get back in, discover that the pvp was over 10 seconds ago and therefor i got no item to join T2 DG... i am really hating this system.
  • flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys need to add loot in the chests! (Aside from coins)

Special loot, Unique stuff we can only get from there.

-Grym weapon and armor Enchants with some new cool effect!
    -Remove all the t1 and t2 loot drops and give unique items that drop from bosses. The two bosses are unique and should be hording some kinda rare loot to call their own. Not the same stuff we get from regular dungeons!
    - Add more cool stuff to trade our grym coins for, like coal wards, GG dye packs and cosmetics, special mounts and companions with a GG theme!

Need better loot and much more of it! Give us a reason to run this and grind it into the ground! Everyone from the poorly geared casual, the rp guys, the pvp players and the seasoned hardcore vet deserves something for participating! Add more stuff and we will all flock to GG!
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • brustlebrustle Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Trainwreck. Some people only want to PVP. Some people only want to PVE. Smashing PVE and PVP together leaves out both of those groups. On top of that.. not even getting into the PVP??

There is just WAY too much going on in this thing. I would have been much, much happier with a simple Capture the Flag PVP map, and maybe a new GG dungeon for the PVE folks. Heck, I would have been happier if you had just put in a "Duel" option!
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    These threads get started by the people doing this game. And then dont have the nards to even talk with us about the issues. Dont these people have a backbone?
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Probably going to reiterate most of what has been said. But, 2 cents and all that.

I love the concept and really enjoy the crazy running around during the first two parts. I find those parts a lot of fun:D.

The problem, though, is the "win". To me this is the most game breaking part of the whole event. For a win to have to do with the every instance vs. every instance just makes zero sense. This needs to be fixed. It should be your instance only. Otherwise, as many have said, why bother?

The inability to take more than 5 players in. This stinks big time. The way is was "presented" as a 20 v. 20 led people to make the A$$-U-ME-ption that we would be able to take as many Guildies in at a time as we could get together. Finding out that that is not the case was disappointing to say the least.

The Dungeons are uninspiring and the T2 end boss is too difficult due to the ridiculous number of relentless (and boring) adds. It is also horribly bugged.

Lastly, chest rewards for both Dungeons being only coins is really crappy. Since this only occurs a few times a day, similar to Dungeon Delves, there should be a chest at the end that gives you epic loot in addition to coins. IMHO if this isn't added, and soon, very few will continue to play it after the initial novelty wears off, as it is a huge time investment with little reward the way it is now.
  • nexdinenexdine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find it rather dull. The PvE seems to be just riding around avoiding the boring mob fights and gathering stuff, and I haven't even gotten into the PvP yet since my team felt we should do the gathering. The gathering phase(es) are all over the map so people run around like a milling mob, too. It's about as much fun as farming skill nodes, and very similar, except you don't get anything you can keep... PvP... meh, I don't enjoy it outside of GG so I doubt it will suddenly be a revelation of joy in GG.
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think the rewards should be better and the timer for getting in the T2 Dungeon lifted. For example, I was in a group. We successfully won the first round PVE, and PVP. However when it came time to break into a group of five. We had a very limited window to hurry up or we would be locked out.

My suggestion, lift the timer. Allow people to go into the dungeon as long as their side has won. Once they complete the dungeon once, then lock them out for the rest of the day. I don't like having only 20 minutes to grab people and do the dungeon. Since it comes on every five hours, why only give a limited time before it closes.
  • vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The T2 boss isn't tough, here's us rolling it half asleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM6rLiFSXCU
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vmlinux wrote: »
    The T2 boss isn't tough, here's us rolling it half asleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM6rLiFSXCU

Did they add a GS req for the t2 boss yet? Solo queue and check it out with some 5600 GS people :P

Most exciting fight in NW!
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited June 2013
    -Dramatically up drops from mobs. (Blasphemer should drop piles of 10)
    -Remove ALL ground spawns from the Great Hall.
    -Grant Coins as a reward for contributing players in P2 who spend 15 minutes waiting for a pvp queue that people consistently decline joining.
    -Double Coin reward from t2 chest or halve the t1 rewards.
    -Make each type of turn in one action and increase the duration of the turn in by how many items you have: 1 item = 5sec and 50 items = 250 sec etc.
    - Make all the t2 pvp items BoP.
    - Accepting pvp should auto turn in every item in your bags. One person who would rather turn their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in resets the entire queue.
  • oldguy5oldguy5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What is the point to the two factions? Are there advantages/disadvantages to choosing one faction over another? Is certain gear only available if you support a faction over the other?
  • focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, since all comments written I mostly agree with. I expected a lot, and got disappointed even more.
    - No GS req
    - No new gear (ok some pvp, but hej get unique...)
    - No guild vs guild
    - Not 24/7 playable (or introduce other instances, with different mechanics)
    - T1 dungeon in a blinck of an eye.
    - Adds, adds, adds. Get a boss with more mechanics
    - With my awesome super fast internet this is the only game which disconnects? Pretty annoying when its in the last 20 seconds of pvp, you win get a disconnect and can't get to the T2 dungeon. Not that I miss a lot with that, since there is no unique gear to drop. I just run the T1 4/5 times to get coins..
    - Running around gathering things, gets boring after 1 time (is this end game?)
    - The results of the complete server counts :(

And so on... where is the real end game? This a game which will not keep my attention as soon as other well awaited MMO's are released.
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, its finally fixed but I was gone all weekend. Get home and just must the start. So will have to wait till tomorrow to try it since I have to sleep.

It should be rolling 24/7 for sure.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    I just hate this being a scheduled event. Sorry I'm not about to drop everything in my life just to play this.
    edited June 2013
    I just hate this being a scheduled event. Sorry I'm not about to drop everything in my life just to play this.

Participation or at least faction balance seems fairly iffy at the moment on Dragon. Have to wonder what it would be like off the calendar.
  • hmusicahmusica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is now a plague that is killing Gauntlgrym: spawn camping. The main culprit of this, on the Dragon shard, is the guild "Lemonade Stand." They not only abusing a bug to enter the spawn and repeatedly kill respawning players for an unfair advantage in the game match, but also purposely killing content and ruining the experience of the game for others. I urge Cryptic and PWE to make an example of their guild and ban the lot of them to show the rest of the community that this kind of behavior will no longer be tolerated in this game. Picture proof below, more available upon request.

wxHnfsQ.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Spawn camping has never been against the rules. Good luck with that.
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gaunt is fun. but im a bit sad, because most of the time i cant catch up to it because of its timeslot
  • dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I found the majority of GG content dull tbh. At what point in the concept stage did the development team decide that running round collecting c**p would be a fun thing for players to do?? seriously its really really boring why could we not have some sought of mini boss fight that has to be completed in a certain time frame. Those teams that complete the task get the points added to their faction score. Or something like that.

The pvp was enjoyable I like the fact that you can get mobs to play for your team but you could have developed this idea further imo. As for the boss fight at the end the rewards just suck. why would players invest 1.5 hrs for 1 purple drop when you can go to CN with all its potential drops. the whole GG idea needs a complete re-think imo.
  • tsantukanahtsantukanah Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i can click any gauntlegrym event but no qeue at all.....
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ok seriously this will be the most important feedback u will get about GG from someone who is very experienced in the mmorpg scene...

GG is ... So bad it's not even funny..
    No joke here it seriously sucks.

Firstly..
    It takes WAY to long to do all the boring phases.. I have completed GG twice and the 3rd time I actually did fall asleep.. No lies I fell asleep and missed the dungeons after cause of it... If it went half the time is prob would still be too long.

Secondly..
    What's the point of doing it? I mean really.. Last GG I did the pvp didn't even start cause ppl just rejected it.. The pvp is only good part.. The gear rewards aren't even as good as farming epic dungeons.. So you tell me why should I do this? Waste my pots and time for no rewards.. You have got to be joking.

Thirdly....
    The dungeons suck.. I'm actually a fan of alot of the epic dungeons in this game.. But these are the worst in the game.. Remind me why am I doing GG again?

Did I mention the gear sucks.. Oh yeah I did...

I won't be doing it again and I would be very surprised if in a months time most ppl aren't doing it.. It's just pointless...

There is no point doing GG. Nothing...

Lastly....

There is some hope.. Fix it..
    Introduce a new gear range that is actually good... I would introduce a new color to identify it too.. Lets say orange/gold.
    Make it only the t2 can drop this gear.. So that winning GG actually has a point..
    Also make the drop rate around 20-30% so u don't flood the game with this gear.. Make it that the gear has something special about it...
    Maybe make it drop in a lockbox so that it stops ppl arguing over need or greed. Maybe have another dungeon that drops keys to open the boxes..
    Seriously do something to make this worthwhile.. This was ment to be your "best update" yet and it's awful the way it is...

Lastly whoever came up with this idea.. The way it is.. Should be fired.. This person does not deserve a job.. Should be working at Burger King....