test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How much have you spent at Zen Store?

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I spent $225 on Neverwinter. Bought the Howler, Medium wolf, couple Ioun Stones, several Bags of Holding, bunch of character slots, a couple respecs, and a bunch of the change appearance tokens.

If I had it to do again... I'd still spend the money, but I'd spend it a little differently. Probably just get one mount, and neither of those two.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Update (rather then looking through the previous post on topic). I'm up to about 100$ plus Guardian pack to date.
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
  • tope1159tope1159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    As of this posting, 50USD. (Converted, that's roughly 2,100php give or take) And I'm considering spending another 1.5kphp (or 30 USD.)
    I sorely enjoy the game, being as "broken" or "dead/dying" people make it out to be. People are complaining about stuff not getting patched, things that needs nerfing, etc. The last MMO I played didn't see an update/patch/hotfix for over a year, so seeing that there are patches happening and events here and there is refreshing enough to make me feel content. That's probably why I feel okay spending money on this game. That, and the gameplay is actually fun, I find the graphics satisfactory, and being able to play with my friends on an MMO after more than a year is refreshingly fun.

I wish I could to learn play the AH and/or find a different way to earn zen instead of throwing money at the screen though. hahaha!
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Umm.. a chunk (he said, being evasive).

I bought a 110% mount because that is the sort of convenience item that directly appeals to me. Also, I picked up a couple of blue stones for characters, some respec tokens, and pile of zen for shiny things (sometimes unwise impulse buys, I must be a dream customer in that respect).

To be honest, I have probably paid too much- but the amount I've spent is probably less that I could blow in a single evening's debauchery with a coke habit- and it's better for my health. That said, it also raises my blood pressure sometimes, just not so much :)
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    0$, but i have all mounts, all appearance gear, all companions, multiple character slots. GG to being one of the first ftp players to 60 and having friends to jam out dungeons and sell gear for over inflated AD values to suckers who paid 200$ for 2M AD and a mount

More like to people abusing the negative ah bid trick.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • aierrsaierrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited July 2013
    borisbot wrote: »
    you only support a company if they make a good product.
    If its bad.. why are you still here? I don't understand, if its so bad, just leave. I will never stay around a lousy game and create threads complainting about the game.

I understand if the game short changed someone like losing 5mil AD in mail and no customer support. I will feel for that person. But for normal ftp players coming to forums to complaint? Well... to each his own in their ways of supporting the games.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Converted 100k AD into 500 zen, then bought two character slots with it. And I plan on another two character slots. :)

Maybe I'll hit my personal record for character slots (I have 24 of them in STO)... :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    Bought 1 key and 4 character slots, but earnt through astral diamond trading ($22.50), I would have spent money, but the items are just far too expensive for the return.
  • aylii1984aylii1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    0$, but i have all mounts, all appearance gear, all companions, multiple character slots. GG to being one of the first ftp players to 60 and having friends to jam out dungeons and sell gear for over inflated AD values to suckers who paid 200$ for 2M AD and a mount

That's really sad - your time must not be worth alot of $$ in the real world.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Because some things are account wide. If they ever do buy a mount from the zen shop. Then all the characters on that account will get it. You can also use the exchange to trade AD between characters on the same account without the 10% fee you get when using the AH.

+1 to this. Did the same. I've spent $0 on this game and will continue to do so. I despise their business model. Got a sweet horse and 4 character slots from surveys and such. That's about it.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    None.
    I'd consider buying extra character slots if the game didn't dc and/or crash more than 50% of the time I sit down to play it.
    I just can't bring myself to spend any money on it when I feel like on any given day it's just not going to work anymore, and there won't be any customer service to contact if it does.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've mainly just been grinding leadership tasks and selling the occasional item on the AH to buy 4 character slots, some profession packs, and just got a tier 3 mount yesterday.

I've also been making white and green shirts & pants and selling them low for a quick turn-around. I typically only use R4 enchants for myself and sell my R5's on the AH.

I thank those that have been selling their Zen on the exchange!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    ravendire wrote: »
    That is such a waste in my eyes, why not just create another account and get 2 slots for free?

I have also more character slots, mainly for the account bound mounts and thats its comfortable =)
  • suirakksuirakk Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2013
    None, and I don't intend on doing so either. This game isn't worth the money.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    not including the founder pack, $10.
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I just went back to a game that Im a founder in..i heard it was F2P...lol omg..yea its F2P alright..free to level your toon to 50..all else..literally everything else in the game has a "subscriber button" next to it. Wanna not show your helm?..subscribe now!!..wanna PvP?..Subscribe Now!...wanna do missions and crafting?..subscribe now!

What in the world is happening to the MMO Landscape? This Wal-Mart mentality of nickle and diming your patrons to sheer madness is insulting. Back in the 70s ,pay bathrooms popped up all over the nation. People were so insulted that their patronage wasn't appreciated with the common courtesy of people being able to relieve themselves without paying that they simply boycotted the stores with the pay stalls.....and guess what..the stores uninstalled them.

Until the gaming community stops buying into this cheap dime store mentality, It will only get worse.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just went back to a game that Im a founder in..i heard it was F2P...lol omg..yea its F2P alright..free to level your toon to 50..all else..literally everything else in the game has a "subscriber button" next to it. Wanna not show your helm?..subscribe now!!..wanna PvP?..Subscribe Now!...wanna do missions and crafting?..subscribe now!

LOL Sounds like SWTOR. Hated that they even sold hotbars. IIRC they caved and added one or two more free ones. But still. That is one of the reasons why I love Neverwinter's shop so far.

People that feel the need to "pay to win" can just buy AD. But you can earn AD in game if you wish. So those that don't want to spend a dime can still get the best stuff. As well as the fluff. So (imo) its not really pay to win, more like pay to get ahead faster. And the game doesn't limit you on stuff like how many PvP matches and Dungeons you can run. It seems to have something for everyone.

For example: I don't want to touch the random lockbox gambling. But I'm grateful its an option for others to spend lots of money on. As opposed to them limiting what everyone can do unless they pay up.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I'm curious with the roll out of brand new companions. How much everyone has spent so far. I myself spent roughly I'd say 50 dollar total. Not including Hero of the North, runs at 200 dollars.
    . . . . . I've spent around 6,000 Zen or so, not counting the Zen I bought from the ADs granted in the Guardian and Hero packs. Despite my lack of play-time as of late, I still find the game extremely fun and filled with the lore I desire in a FR MMO. I am also liking the increasing number of fluff items in the Store as well as the reduced dye prices, very much so on this latter. Lower dye prices mean I will end up spending more on them in the long run, as I won't be so hesitant to dye lower level gear as long as dye pricing remains low. If dye prices were high, I would just end up waiting until end-level to dye my gear, which will then mean I'd spend less on dyes in the long-run.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aierrs wrote: »
    Spending money to enjoy yourself is nothing to be a shame of. Else why do you earn money?

Have spent 20 usd in this game. I restrict myself to 10 usd per month and taking this game as if its a subbed game.

I am also surprised at the level of self entitled people which are so proud to proclaim they have spent 0 dollars as the game sucks and blah nlah blah.

If the game sucks, its exactly because you do not fuel the team behind. I do not suggest you spent alot if you are unemployed. But if you are employed. I feel you should support the people behind the scenes in small ways better than none.

Dude. I've spent zero dollars on here and I'm proud as **** of it. I've spent 15 bucks over on marvel heroes because the devs have earned my money via showing they actually LISTEN to concerns and are interested in making the game fun. The devs here dont seem to give quite as much of a ****.

And people like you who think that we owe a company to fund their games in the hopes they eventually stop sucking disgust me.

and before you pull out the "well why are you still here" card. two reasons

1: I dont play the game anymore.
    2: I still have some vague hope eventually theyll make a not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> decision and therefore try to keep tabs on the game forum.
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It has turned MMOs into cheap traveling carnivals where the dart points are rubber and the gun sites are slightly bent. You'll wind up spending 60.00 in quarters to get a 5.00 stuffed elephant and that "feeeeling" that you're a "winner' is soon replaced with a sick stomach due to too much cotton candy(fluff)
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've spent about forty bucks. Gonna be spending another forty thanks to that white tiger mount they just released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    $300 :/ but lots of fun
    happy days!
  • aierrsaierrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited July 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Dude. I've spent zero dollars on here and I'm proud as **** of it. I've spent 15 bucks over on marvel heroes because the devs have earned my money via showing they actually LISTEN to concerns and are interested in making the game fun. The devs here dont seem to give quite as much of a ****.

And people like you who think that we owe a company to fund their games in the hopes they eventually stop sucking disgust me.

and before you pull out the "well why are you still here" card. two reasons

1: I dont play the game anymore.
    2: I still have some vague hope eventually theyll make a not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> decision and therefore try to keep tabs on the game forum.

I didn't say you fund them in the hope that they get better nor do I feel we owe them anything. I have income and in my view I pay for things I enjoy. I also say you support them if you are still playing. Its like paying for electricity. If you use it. Pay for it. Whats so wrong about that?

You view is: you are proclaiming you are proud because a company provide you with free entertainment and you resist the urge to spent.

My point is: I will pay for the entertainment because I believe in paying for what I enjoyed in. I believe in paying for work done.

I have elaborate cause you catch no drift of what I am saying.

Infact, maybe let me add another analogy. You catch a b-grade movie, you have to pay the tickets for a 2 hr entertainment. If the movie is bad, money is not well spent. If movie's great, good. Money well spent.

How long you take to lvl 1-60? 12 hours maybe? How much is it versus the tickets you spent in a movie? And it gets better. They give you the option to pay or not to pay. Now, whats to complaint about that?
  • nojil676nojil676 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    roughly $160
  • mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Between my boyfriends account and mine.. a little over 300$ now lol. Don't regret it at all either. Some people try and bash people who do that, but whatever. its my money i will do what i please with it :)
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    It has turned MMOs into cheap traveling carnivals where the dart points are rubber and the gun sites are slightly bent. You'll wind up spending 60.00 in quarters to get a 5.00 stuffed elephant and that "feeeeling" that you're a "winner' is soon replaced with a sick stomach due to too much cotton candy(fluff)

Except unlike a carnival in Neverwinter you can ride all the rides and play all the games 100% free.
  • eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    $5 for character slots. About to spend $10 more and exchange my diamonds to get a tiger.
  • realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    25 bucks. 20 for the Howler mount and 5 for character slots. Worth it.
    Admiralsig.png
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2013
    About $150