What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• Options
    n3rdlifen3rdlife Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Aw **** looks like I gotta respec again.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    How are you even close to perms stealth anymore? And if not, do you really think int is the way to go with this focus?
  • Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    How are you even close to perms stealth anymore? And if not, do you really think int is the way to go with this focus?

I still achieve perma stealth, its because of battlefield skulker. INT is definitely worth it, its so you dont require a lot of recovery
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    How do you find playing without ITC? There's so much that can be done with that ability offensively and defensively. I find it a must have on any rogue build especially when getting caught by cc.
  • Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    How do you find playing without ITC? There's so much that can be done with that ability offensively and defensively. I find it a must have on any rogue build especially when getting caught by cc.

If it fits your play style then feel free to use it, maybe replace impact shot for it. I dont use it because I never really had cc being a problem since I'm perma-stealthed. If I do get cc'd I rely on bait and switch to roll me out asap when im free for the split second then restealth with shadow strike
  • Options
    lord26six2lord26six2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't look now but your Elixir of Fate is showing. Threw me off for a minute.

BTW, love the guide.
  • Options
    jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello X3lade,

This is my first post and I have yet to play the game though I will start my first character tonight.

I have a habit of reading forums and playing with builds in my mind when it comes to DnD more often then I play lol.

Anyway, I have followed this thread since the beginning and think I grasp the concept of this build and it's play style, obviously once I start playing things will become clearer. I was wondering however if you would be kind enough to explain your starting stats as a human and where you would allocate stats as you level? Also which feats and abilities you would chose through progression to make leveling this character fun.

I know this is explained a bit on the first page but as I only really would have the time to level 1 character I would love it if I could see a dummies guide to leveling so that I get it right on the first go.

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    this build is quite awesome..... cheezy , but awesome :) i cant help but think that the devs will nerf this soon because its really too darn OP in pvp
  • Options
    lednaillednail Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    I understand the double recovery on the rings, but what's the significance of the occult amulet of vitality neck piece?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    jabsolum wrote: »
    Hello X3lade,

This is my first post and I have yet to play the game though I will start my first character tonight.

I have a habit of reading forums and playing with builds in my mind when it comes to DnD more often then I play lol.

Anyway, I have followed this thread since the beginning and think I grasp the concept of this build and it's play style, obviously once I start playing things will become clearer. I was wondering however if you would be kind enough to explain your starting stats as a human and where you would allocate stats as you level? Also which feats and abilities you would chose through progression to make leveling this character fun.

I know this is explained a bit on the first page but as I only really would have the time to level 1 character I would love it if I could see a dummies guide to leveling so that I get it right on the first go.

Thank you in advance.

Base Stat is 15 Dex, 15 STR, 12 INT (+2 For bonus, total INT 14), 13 CHA, 11 Con, 10 WIS

If your willing to Respec at 60.

At-Will:
    Cloud of Steel
    Sly Flourish

Encounter:
    Dazing Strike (Given)
    Deft Strike (Level First, this will help move to targets faster = finish quest faster. Use it with stealth onto NPC's and Players for quick travel)
    Lashing Blade

Passive:
    Sneak Attack (Use Stealth to quick travel, when stealth is almost up use Deft Strike onto NPC or Players for quick travel)
    Tenacious Concealment

*When you reach the level*
    - You'll want Bait and Switch leveled to the max but not use it just yet
    - Replace Tenacious Concealment for Tactics
    - Replace Dazing Strike for Path of the Blades. Now you would want to replace Lashing Blade with Bait and Switch. You will generate a lot of Action Points because of Tactics, Bait and Switch decoy. Only use Bait and Switch to refill stealth. Use Path of the Blades before you engage in the fight and stealth after using Path of Blades. With this you will hit targets while in stealth and then CoS and Sly Flourish spam to kill the target then use Bait and Switch to Refill stealth. You wont ever need a potion to heal.
    - Replace Sly Flourish for Duelist's Flurry
    - Replace Duelist's Flurry for Gloaming Cut
    - *Must put Feat points into Saboteur (During leveling up, put all points into Saboteur and must take Sneaky Stabber) Total Points in Sabateur is 10. 5/5 in Cunning Stalker and 5/5 in Sneaky Stabber

Your build should be:
    At-Will: Gloaming Cut and Cloud of Steel
    Enounter: Bait and Switch, Path of the Blades, (You can use Deft Strike or Lashing Blade. You can combo Path of the Blade then teleport in with Deft Strike then Stealth. Or if you want to finish of enemies fast you can use Lashing blade. The mobility of Deft Strike which you can teleport to ally NPC and Players is nice however)
    Passive Power: Sneak Attack and Tactics
    Daily Power: Lurker's Assault and (Bloodbath or Whirlwind Attack)

When you reach the level, replace Lashing Blade or Deft Strike (which ever one you decided to use) for Shadow Strike.
    You can then perma-stealth.

*For Feats, just make sure you get 5/5 Improve Cunning Sneak. 10 points into Saboteur taking 5/5 Sneaky Stabber. The rest can be put into Executioner make sure you get Critical Teamwork and Brutal Backstab.

With perma-stealth you can solo quest instances pretty easy without dying or the need for potions.

Here is an example of how fast you can level (I however slacked and went afk from time to time so you can probably do it quicker)
    syn_zpsdefd428b.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lednail wrote: »
    I understand the double recovery on the rings, but what's the significance of the occult amulet of vitality neck piece?

I didn't need a lot of Recovery but still needed a bit to preform perma-stealth. So I went with Occult Amulet of Vitality which gives Crit, that bit of required Recovery, and Health. Health was nice which pushed health pool well over 27K and helped out Tene Damage
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    I didn't need a lot of Recovery but still needed a bit to preform perma-stealth. So I went with Occult Amulet of Vitality which gives Crit, that bit of required Recovery, and Health. Health was nice which pushed health pool well over 27K and helped out Tene Damage
    Belt recommendation would be cheaper for people on the budget, as Occult Respite belt is ~150k, Occult Respite Amulet is 5-25k.

Most people would probably shop around, but there's always specials :D
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Base Stat is 15 Dex, 15 STR, 12 INT (+2 For bonus, total INT 14), 13 CHA, 11 Con, 10 WIS

If your willing to Respec at 60.

At-Will:
    Cloud of Steel
    Sly Flourish

Encounter:
    Dazing Strike (Given)
    Deft Strike (Level First, this will help move to targets faster = finish quest faster. Use it with stealth onto NPC's and Players for quick travel)
    Lashing Blade

Passive:
    Sneak Attack (Use Stealth to quick travel, when stealth is almost up use Deft Strike onto NPC or Players for quick travel)
    Tenacious Concealment

*When you reach the level*
    - You'll want Bait and Switch leveled to the max but not use it just yet
    - Replace Tenacious Concealment for Tactics
    - Replace Dazing Strike for Path of the Blades. Now you would want to replace Lashing Blade with Bait and Switch. You will generate a lot of Action Points because of Tactics, Bait and Switch decoy. Only use Bait and Switch to refill stealth. Use Path of the Blades before you engage in the fight and stealth after using Path of Blades. With this you will hit targets while in stealth and then CoS and Sly Flourish spam to kill the target then use Bait and Switch to Refill stealth. You wont ever need a potion to heal.
    - Replace Sly Flourish for Duelist's Flurry
    - Replace Duelist's Flurry for Gloaming Cut
    - *Must put Feat points into Saboteur (During leveling up, put all points into Saboteur and must take Sneaky Stabber) Total Points in Sabateur is 10. 5/5 in Cunning Stalker and 5/5 in Sneaky Stabber

Your build should be:
    At-Will: Gloaming Cut and Cloud of Steel
    Enounter: Bait and Switch, Path of the Blades, (You can use Deft Strike or Lashing Blade. You can combo Path of the Blade then teleport in with Deft Strike then Stealth. Or if you want to finish of enemies fast you can use Lashing blade. The mobility of Deft Strike which you can teleport to ally NPC and Players is nice however)
    Passive Power: Sneak Attack and Tactics
    Daily Power: Lurker's Assault and (Bloodbath or Whirlwind Attack)

When you reach the level, replace Lashing Blade or Deft Strike (which ever one you decided to use) for Shadow Strike.
    You can then perma-stealth.

*For Feats, just make sure you get 5/5 Improve Cunning Sneak. 10 points into Saboteur taking 5/5 Sneaky Stabber. The rest can be put into Executioner make sure you get Critical Teamwork and Brutal Backstab.

With perma-stealth you can solo quest instances pretty easy without dying or the need for potions.

Here is an example of how fast you can level (I however slacked and went afk from time to time so you can probably do it quicker)
    syn_zpsdefd428b.png

Thank you for taking the time to write this. I look forward to sharing my experiences/contributing to this build in the near future.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    NEW PvP Video with New Build changes gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yng4nZBdMhM

(Watch in 1080p and Enjoy)
    - This was a 4 vs 5 match
    - Losing match at beginning then flips the score board
    - Contains random player raging
    - Contains INT Rogue trolling
  • Options
    lionsxlionslionsxlions Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If I were to respec to pure endgame-dungeon DPS (after choosing the initial 15 str, 15 dex, 14 int ability scores) and pump STR/DEX every 10 levels, how bad would that effect my DPS after gear stats are considered? Would those 3-4 points into STR/DEX make a rogue that will not be able to compete with other TR's/CW's? As far as I can see, I'm at a base loss of 5% damage, and 5% crit while I gain 4% recharge time on my skills which turns into a whopping ~1s recharge on skills with 20sCD+ and a bonus that is not even worth writing about on skills with 5sCD or below. It's obviously a loss, but as a rogue that has not hit 60 yet, how bad would it would effect my damage output in end-game dungeons?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If I were to respec to pure endgame-dungeon DPS (after choosing the initial 15 str, 15 dex, 14 int ability scores) and pump STR/DEX every 10 levels, how bad would that effect my DPS after gear stats are considered? Would those 3-4 points into STR/DEX make a rogue that will not be able to compete with other TR's/CW's? As far as I can see, I'm at a base loss of 5% damage, and 5% crit while I gain 4% recharge time on my skills which turns into a whopping ~1s recharge on skills with 20sCD+ and a bonus that is not even worth writing about on skills with 5sCD or below. It's obviously a loss, but as a rogue that has not hit 60 yet, how bad would it would effect my damage output in end-game dungeons?
    Can't actually say, not sure "how badly" it would effect the rogues DPS, at level 60 you'd get 21 dex and 21 str. Most rogues would probably have 26 dex and 21 str so they have an advantage of +5% Critical Strike. Just by observation on how much Critical Strike chance rogues have for pve and it's usually around 45-50%, so you'll top around 40-45% (which doesn't seem impossible since my PvP INT Rogue has about 43% critical strike chance, I assume you might be able to push it up to 50% with Azure enchantments or gear that has lots of crit). Would it effect PvE badly? I don't think so
  • Options
    bodidharmabodidharma Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How come u dont have alot of str anymore, and why u put it in dex instead
  • Options
    theblitzwing00theblitzwing00 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    NEW PvP Video with New Build changes gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yng4nZBdMhM

(Watch in 1080p and Enjoy)
    - This was a 4 vs 5 match
    - Losing match at beginning then flips the score board
    - Contains random player raging
    - Contains INT Rogue trolling

The illogic of the ragers are almost funny at times. I've had one guy messaging me the whole match QQ-ing, and the toon I was using was a gimped perma-stealth. Not enough INT and not enough Recovery, I could not maintain stealth past the second shadow strike. But that didn't stop the person from QQ-ing that I was the new Ranger Class by relying on throwing my daggers, and that I should just play a CW. The funny thing was he was playing a Rogue too, and I had to tell him "just use Path of Blades stupid", and that I wasn't even perma-stealth....my character was poor and he'd be really QQ if I was a real perma-stealth.

The illogic I see ragers use boils down to: You're not playing the Rogue Class right (the way I think it should be played), therefore you're cheating/exploiting/cheap/wrong, I sure hope Cryptic nerfs you to force you to play the Rogue Class the way I think it should be played.

I've played the DPS executioner rogue with barely any stealth before....I get squished repeatedly when I'm seen. Gee...I can't imagine why the ragers want me to play like this.
  • Options
    rdginho10rdginho10 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello, sins lovers. First, I would like to thanks x3lade for this excellent guide, you did a really incredible work here. I've been following your guide and tips since you started it and the big problem for me and, i guess, many others was the AD required.

All you need to be a perma-stealth using the PvP Set is ~30%(11%+19%) of recharge speed. 11% come from INT, 19% from items and enchantments. To have 19% of rechage speed from items you need something like 2400 recovery points.

So I've been looking for alternatives to the expensive items and i finally did it. I spend something like 160k AD and to be honest wasn't hard, lets do some math:

Item Name
    Recovery

Weapon 01 : Thickgristle's Jagged - (Silvery Rank 6)
    193+150
    Weapon 02 : Thickgristle's Jagged - (Silvery Rank 6)
    193+150
    Ring 01 : Random Green Ring
    (Silvery Rank 6)
    250+150
    Ring 02 : Random Green Ring
    (Silvery Rank 6)
    250+150
    Belt : Random Green Belt
    (Silvery Rank 6)
    250+150
    Neck : Random Green Neck
    (Silvery Rank 6)
    250+150
    Shirt : Blue Shirt with offense slot --- (Silvery Rank 6)
    0+150
    Sum

Then the prices:

Item Price
    AD

Weapon 01 : Thickgristle's Jagged
    ~10k
    Weapon 02 : Thickgristle's Jagged
    ~10k
    Ring 01 : Random Green Ring
    Insignificant
    Ring 02 : Random Green Ring
    Insignificant
    Belt : Random Green Belt
    Insignificant
    Neck : Random Green Neck
    Insignificant
    Shirt : Blue Shirt with offense slot
    ~30k
    Silvery Rank 6 Enchantment
    ~15k [EACH] x7
    Sum
    ~155k

With that items the build works perfectly in terms of perma-stealth, but the problem is that your damage will be not that good.

Against TR's, CW's and noobs DC's you will do well, but against GF and GWF, will be really painful, because of the high HP.

Sorry for my english, isn't my first language.

Well guys, i hope my tips could help someone, hehe.

Love&Peace.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rdginho10 wrote: »
    With that items the build works perfectly in terms of perma-stealth, but the problem is that your damage will be not that good.

Against TR's, CW's and noobs DC's you will do well, but against GF and GWF, will be really painful, because of the high HP.

GF and GWF are a pain, sometimes I find I can chip one down enough over time to kill....but sometimes not. In those cases I always look at it this way: At least I'm wasting their time not getting any points so they're not out there killing my team mates and helping their team capture other Domination Sites.

This is also what I think if there's three enemies running around trying to get me, at least I'm wasting their time and my team should be able to capture the other sites in the meanwhile. If my team can't do that, it either means my team is weak or the other enemies are strong (it's 4 vs 2)....either way even if I was a high DPS Rogue, it wouldn't matter.

Thanks for doing the math by the way, it should be helpful for me to get closer to Perma-Stealth. Also there's the new armor set in Gauntlgrym, the Battlefield Skulker, which you need less Recovery since you get an additional 25% to Stealth instead of the Battlefield Scavenger set's 20%.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rdginho10 wrote: »
    Hello, sins lovers. First, I would like to thanks x3lade for this excellent guide, you did a really incredible work here. I've been following your guide and tips since you started it and the big problem for me and, i guess, many others was the AD required.

Thanks rdginho10 for the math and alternative methods for cheaper gear!

With the new Gauntlgrym armor "Battlefield Skulker" you get 25% stealth duration, that extra 5% stealth duration is huge compared to the Scavenger Set.

Because of this you will only need 24.5% Recharge Speed (Exact). With 20 INT you'll only need 1,680 Recovery
    stat4_zps5f39c91c.png
    Formula:
    original CD / (1 + (Recharge Speed / 100) = Reduced CD
    25/(1+(24.4/100)) = 20.09 (For Bait and Switch which becomes 20.0 seconds CD)
  • Options
    machiavelli20machiavelli20 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im leveling as perma stealth rogue :D And i must tell you i never saw better way for leveling. Its my 2nd rogue and this way for leveling is mutch better. That how fast i kills OP mobs or bosses are just awsome! BUT! I get alot of health down when i fight against group. Any idea for that? And here is what i want to tell you.

I started as ELF rogue and my lvl1 stats are like this:
    16 str
    12 con
    18 dex
    15 int
    11 wis
    14 cha
    and i used elf bonus +2 for dex and int. An my question is now how should i use my points? INT and what? Dex or STR? Cheers :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Im leveling as perma stealth rogue :D And i must tell you i never saw better way for leveling. Its my 2nd rogue and this way for leveling is mutch better. That how fast i kills OP mobs or bosses are just awsome! BUT! I get alot of health down when i fight against group. Any idea for that? And here is what i want to tell you.

I started as ELF rogue and my lvl1 stats are like this:
    16 str
    12 con
    18 dex
    15 int
    11 wis
    14 cha
    and i used elf bonus +2 for dex and int. An my question is now how should i use my points? INT and what? Dex or STR? Cheers :)
    INT and then DEX
  • Options
    machiavelli20machiavelli20 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thx, Any tips in fight against 3 or more mobs?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thx, Any tips in fight against 3 or more mobs?

have bait and switch decoy tank for you if your not in stealth.

staying in stealth (1 full stealth bar) should be enough to kill 1 target, then refill with bait and switch to kill another target. You'll also have Path of the Blades active before you go into stealth. you should be able to kill 3-4 without getting hit
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I have some questions about Gloaming Cut & Sneaky Stabber (Replenishes 10% Stealth with Gloaming Cut). This is mainly for PvE, I understand it's probably too difficult to use for PvP. I believe you did some testing with it.

So currently I have Improved Cunning Sneak and the Battlefield Scavenger Set. +40% to Stealth bar total. It should be 5 sec X 1.4 = 7 sec....my stop watch says 8 sec, lets assume 8 seconds.

I was trying to get a sense of what +10% to stealth means since I don't have Gloaming Cut with Sneaky Stabber. So I did some dodge rolls since I have Twilight Adept which replenishes +10% stealth. I did two rolls which should be 8 sec x 1.2 = 9.6 sec (stop watch says 10 sec), and then three roll which should be 8 sec x 1.3 = 10.4 sec (stop watch says 11 sec). Calculations and stop watch are pretty close.

So I did some calculations with Gloaming Cut to calculate it's average time per attack, I don't have the info anymore, but found Gloaming Cut is 1.64 sec per attack. So in 8 sec of stealth, we'd get about 5 attacks in (8 / 1.64 = 4.878)...maybe a few more. So 5 attacks should get me +50% stealth, 8 sec x 1.5 = 12 seconds. So if I drop a Bait & Switch decoy, gloaming cut for 12 second, then shadow strike and gloaming cut for another 12 seconds.....that's like 24 seconds right? I should be able to easily drop another Bait & Switch and repeat....given my Bait & Switch is about 20 to 21 sec.

Does this all sound correct with your testing? Or is it more difficult to pull off and not worth it? Also does Gloaming Cut replenish stealth if I'm attacking nothing (thin air)?
  • Options
    joker4eejoker4ee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmmm .. couldnt you atleast keep your old Perma-Stealth guide, cause i went doing it and now its like i cant finish it ;/ Kinda sad xD And for this one i must lvl up a new char right ?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So I did some calculations with Gloaming Cut to calculate it's average time per attack, I don't have the info anymore, but found Gloaming Cut is 1.64 sec per attack. So in 8 sec of stealth, we'd get about 5 attacks in (8 / 1.64 = 4.878)...maybe a few more. So 5 attacks should get me +50% stealth, 8 sec x 1.5 = 12 seconds. So if I drop a Bait & Switch decoy, gloaming cut for 12 second, then shadow strike and gloaming cut for another 12 seconds.....that's like 24 seconds right? I should be able to easily drop another Bait & Switch and repeat....given my Bait & Switch is about 20 to 21 sec.

Does this all sound correct with your testing? Or is it more difficult to pull off and not worth it? Also does Gloaming Cut replenish stealth if I'm attacking nothing (thin air)?
    During leveling up with Gloaming Cut + Sneaky Staber (5/5), I wasn't able to maintain full perma-stealth with just Gloaming Cut and Bait and Switch alone probably cause my bait and switch cool down was still high. But yeah I think all that seems correct, I did time stealth with a stop watch as well, got about 7.7-8 seconds duration for 1 full stealth bar. Gloaming Cut does only refills if you hit a target.

joker4ee wrote: »
    Hmmm .. couldnt you atleast keep your old Perma-Stealth guide, cause i went doing it and now its like i cant finish it ;/ Kinda sad xD And for this one i must lvl up a new char right ?
    You don't need to level a new character, your using the same base stats of 15 STR, 15 DEX, and 14 INT
  • Options
    afportoafporto Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm leveling up a rogue to follow up your guide. I've noticed that you've changed it. Could you talk about the change in paragorn feats? Will it be good without the gauntlgrym set? (becasue i dont even know how to go there yet with other lv60 account i have).
  • Options
    joker4eejoker4ee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    During leveling up with Gloaming Cut + Sneaky Staber (5/5), I wasn't able to maintain full perma-stealth with just Gloaming Cut and Bait and Switch alone probably cause my bait and switch cool down was still high. But yeah I think all that seems correct, I did time stealth with a stop watch as well, got about 7.7-8 seconds duration for 1 full stealth bar. Gloaming Cut does only refills if you hit a target.

You don't need to level a new character, your using the same base stats of 15 STR, 15 DEX, and 14 INT

Well the base stats are the same but everything else is different and i cant finish your old Perma-Stealth guide - so i need to make a new character.