test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• anjings123anjings123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i try this build stat int max with recovery 2400 and change str to Dex but with diffrent path use executioner , more better damage alot with 45% total crit severity + duelist furry 15% and after use shock +10% crit severity and chance , you have big damage , impact shot change with lashing blade :cool:

permanent steal + big damage + alot crit = GOD MODE
  • oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alaerick wrote: »
    Actually you are referring to glitching or exploiting a bug. I am referring to exploiting a mistake in mechanics design. They are both technically exploits, just of different things. I've played lots of games for many years and this is firmly in the exploit category.

I am glad I was at least capable of making you understand the problem. If it was just one guy who figured it out.. we could have grand tales around the campfire of that one dastardly rogue who was making mischief.. but he posted the build to the forums for everyone else to copy. There's only two reasons for this I can find valid. He was informing the Dev's in a clever way and making sure it gets nerfed soon or he didn't want to be called a hacker and used this as proof to counter it by informing others of how to do it too thereby clearing his name of using 3rd party tools to accomplish it.

It was an oversight by the Dev team. It needs to be fixed and your suggestion is one of the possibilities to do this. However, until such a time as this is fixed you can expect to see pvp degrade rapidly because of how many people (not just you and the other half a dozen people posting here in defense of it) are copying it. It will hit epidemic proportions in the near future mark my words.

Since you agree with my theory let me remind you of where this discussion between myself and Borgued3 started:

It's already happening now. I was pleasantly minding my own business pvping away happily win some lose some and then this started. 3 rounds in a row with the same premade, 4 TR perma stealthers and a DC. They obviously either met via the match finder and kept requeing after or they were a premade. 2 GF 1 TR, 2CW team got slaughtered, so did the other 3 teams I played with against them. I eventually just said screw this I'll pvp later and came to the forums where I found this post telling people how to do it and I then facepalmed so hard I still have a red mark on my face when I realized why teams like this are popping up. If you think this one I faced will be the last hahaha yeah right. ;)

So you got owned by a highly coordinated l33t crew of TR's and you are obviously super butt hurt....Glad we cleared that up! Grab your pitchfork and lets nerf the class's only means of competition in PvP and cry "exploit" cuz you got owned. Totally makes sense...(is it exploit or bot or hack? I can't remember...would you please explain the difference again??) :-P

All joking aside, do you really think that what you faced is the norm in PvP? Its not. Furthermore, 99% of rogues aren't rolling 4 deep and destroying other players in properly geared perma stealth builds...even furthermore, if 4 rogues are destroying you, the rest of your team should be at the other 2 points winning the match...GOOD GRIEF! So sick of your whining dude. Its not an exploit and average Rogues everywhere don't deserve your mis-understanding.... Figure it out, many others already have. /workingasintended.

PS. I'm pretty sure the dev's realize what effect the INT stat has on Rogues in THEIR game...you act like this build just came out of nowhere....give the Devs a bit more credit please.
  • fouinardofouinardo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    PS. I'm pretty sure the dev's realize what effect the INT stat has on Rogues in THEIR game...you act like this build just came out of nowhere....give the Devs a bit more credit please.
    Don't bother, whinners will never learn. We got the same issue on the FR boards : People kept whinning about how every single TR in the game would 1-hit them at every single time they meet them in PVP.

Now that they nerfed SE to the ground and fixed daily momentum glitch, they started whinning about TR being... invisible. This won't stop until the Ranger comes out, then it will prolly become the next QQ target.
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    x3lade wrote: »

What I hope for and plan for this new Variation is..
    • 35K health
    • Lots of Critical hits
    • Lots of DMG procs
    • Lots of defense/deflection (tanky rogue type)
    • and ofcourse perma-stealth

If you like calculating your possible health, did some tests on my DC like 2 weeks ago.
    HP formula is like this:

HP = (base HP * (1 + ((Con-10) / 50)) + sum of HP items) * (1 + (toughness bonus / 100))

Base HP for TR seems to be the same as for DC, 19k.
    For some reason toughness 3/3 gives currently 10% (tested on DC & TR with ancient belt, +616 HP to +677)

so you can reduce it to

HP = ( 19.000 + (380 * (Con-10)) + sum of HP items ) * 1,1

base roll 15 (balanced roll), +6 by lvl, +2 by race maybe, +1 campfire = 24 Con = 5320 HP
    PvP items = 1968 HP
    3x Radiant lv8 = 2640
    total = 9928

(19000 + 9928) * 1,1 = 31821

formula is of by like 50-200 HP post-patch, no idea yet why
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    All I need to say to the posts on this page is /facepalm

You all just don't get it. It has nothing to do with facing several of just any class. It has to do with not seeing the people attacking you. Any other class or combo of classes can be fought because you can target them. A group of perma stealth rogues you can not. Get your heads out of your collective arses already. lol
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Any other class or combo of classes can be fought because you can target them. A group of perma stealth rogues you can not.

when hanging around in the air or laying on the floor till your dead is "fighting them", well, then you would be right
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you like calculating your possible health, did some tests on my DC like 2 weeks ago.
    HP formula is like this:

HP = (base HP * (1 + ((Con-10) / 50)) + sum of HP items) * (1 + (toughness bonus / 100))

Base HP for TR seems to be the same as for DC, 19k.
    For some reason toughness 3/3 gives currently 10% (tested on DC & TR with ancient belt, +616 HP to +677)

so you can reduce it to

HP = ( 19.000 + (380 * (Con-10)) + sum of HP items ) * 1,1

base roll 15 (balanced roll), +6 by lvl, +2 by race maybe, +1 campfire = 24 Con = 5320 HP
    PvP items = 1968 HP
    3x Radiant lv8 = 2640
    total = 9928

(19000 + 9928) * 1,1 = 31821

formula is of by like 50-200 HP post-patch, no idea yet why
    thedeadstar, love you man for the formulas lol

so lets see...
    Battlefield Scavenger's Helmet = +432
    Battlefield Scavenger's Armor = +672
    Battlefield Scavenger's Bracers = +432
    Battlefield Scavenger's Sleight Dagger = +336
    Battlefield Scavenger's Long Dagger = +336
    Grand Necromancer's Belt of Undeath = +600
    Cloak of the Volcano (level 58) = +668
    Ancient Priest's Ring of Burning Light = +616
    Ancient Priest's Ring of Burning Light = +616
    3x Radiant rank 8 = 2640 (or 3x rank 9 = 3120) (or 3x rank 10 = 3600)

Total = With Rank 8: 12,668 (Rank 9: 13,148) (Rank 10: 13,628)

Rank 8: (19000 + 12668) * 1.1 = 34,834
    Rank 9: (19000 + 13148) * 1.1 = 35,362
    Rank 10: (19000 + 13628) * 1.1 = 35,890

*You can also get Berserk Vitality
    Gain .5/1/1.5/2/2.5% of your Max Hit Points as Temporary Hit Points when you deal Combat Advantage damage to a foe. This can only occur once every 20 seconds.
    >>However it seems like this feat does not work<<
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Temp Hitpoints are just like a heal (yellow bar) which often combine well with other feats e.g. dealing more dmg while having temp hit points. Doubt it will increase tene dmg.

you forgot a PvP part there, your boots.
    And with that setup you got 5 def slots not only 3 (burning light ring has def slots)
    Oh and i forgot in my example to add the belt for an extra 676 HP
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Was hoping it'd increase Tene DMG, oh well (I'll test it out either way)

PvP Boots don't increase health so I left it out. As for the Rings, I totally over looked it, thought they were offensive, hmmm.. I guess with that set up Tene's proc for more damage, but proc less relying on 4 Tene's. But I think it's better to have the 2 ring slots as offensive, keeping the health bonus stat.
  • kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I started playing the game yesterday and wanted to make a trickster rogue. I figured I'd follow this guide/build since it seems to have the most feedback as well as being popular.

Can someone explain the starting stats and how they have an effect on your character in the long run? I didn't add up all the numbers but I'm assuming you get the same total number of stats each time you roll (they're just randomly designated to different individual stats)? I haven't seen an MMO with the random roll system in literally 10 years or so.

How much of an effect on your character do these starting stats have? Do I need to have a specific build in mind when I create my character because of this?

I originally wanted to play a character that could be good in both PvP and PvE but more of an emphasis on PvP. I figure you can scrape through PvE with a PvP build for the most part in these types of games anyway.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me

(I would have made my own topic but this probation period where I can't start my own post is taking way too long)
    edited June 2013
    I honestly don't recommend this build if...
    1. Your completely new to TR's. This build involves Cool down and stealth management, dodging is crucial, knowing shimmer distance, understanding a bit of what each class can do so you can predict and avoid hostile attacks. However, the build will help teach and train the player to understand all of that, that is what I believe or else the Perma-Stealth rotation will not work if you can't improve on such things.
    2. If your starting off a new rogue, I liked to point out that PvP leveling is now extremely slow since the patch (I tried it on my new rogue and it was horrible, PvE Leveling is definitely the way to go). That being said, this build is not a good build to level up with in PvE, it's slow and you don't exactly become semi-perma stealth until level 40 with Gloaming Cut rank 3 + Sneaky Stabby(5/5), or Level 55 with Shadow Strike. I recommend however to pick up Blitz and Path of the Blade for AoE, this will help clear up trash, for any build you decide to level up with.
    kgrizzle22 wrote: »
    So I started playing the game yesterday and wanted to make a trickster rogue. I figured I'd follow this guide/build since it seems to have the most feedback as well as being popular.

Can someone explain the starting stats and how they have an effect on your character in the long run? I didn't add up all the numbers but I'm assuming you get the same total number of stats each time you roll (they're just randomly designated to different individual stats)? I haven't seen an MMO with the random roll system in literally 10 years or so.

How much of an effect on your character do these starting stats have? Do I need to have a specific build in mind when I create my character because of this?

I think the base starting stats make a difference (big difference depending on what build your going to make, like this build requires INT for recharge speed). Because of this, I have 5 rogues, 3 in which are 60 lol...

Here are the types of rolls you can do: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Ability_Score_Rolling
    Here are the effects in what ability score does to your class: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Ability_Score
    I originally wanted to play a character that could be good in both PvP and PvE but more of an emphasis on PvP. I figure you can scrape through PvE with a PvP build for the most part in these types of games anyway.

For PvE/PvP, I would suggest you to take a look at Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner TR Build. I haven't personally looked too deep into it, but it's been getting some good feed back from players.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?295232-Banelorne-s-Stealth-Based-Trickster-Rogue-Build
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All I need to say to the posts on this page is /facepalm

You all just don't get it. It has nothing to do with facing several of just any class. It has to do with not seeing the people attacking you. Any other class or combo of classes can be fought because you can target them. A group of perma stealth rogues you can not. Get your heads out of your collective arses already. lol

Hopefully this is you trying your best to bow out of this thread as gracefully as you can. You've embarrassed yourself quite enough for now. Go fight a team of 4 or 5 CWs in PVP and then cry a river in the Library. They don't get enough harassment for being OP over there in their section. LOL
    edited June 2013
    @x3lade, thanks for the response.

This is frustrating news because I won't be able to try your build for example with optimum efficiency if I feel I'd want to way down the road. That type of thing really bothers me in games...I want to be able to do whatever I want while not gimping myself in the process.

Can you give me the best overall stat setup for a trickster rogue? I was going to be human but I don't know which race is best either...meh
    edited June 2013
    @x3lade, thanks for the response.

This is frustrating news because I won't be able to try your build for example with optimum efficiency if I feel I'd want to way down the road. That type of thing really bothers me in games...I want to be able to do whatever I want while not gimping myself in the process.

Can you give me the best overall stat setup for a trickster rogue? I was going to be human but I don't know which race is best either...meh

Frustrating indeed, if your a max/miner that want the best stats possible for the type of build your going for. If your going to use this build, you'll want to roll a human with ability score 15 STR / 15 DEX / 12 INT *Putting +2 on INT for a total of 14INT* (the +3 extra feats is also important for this build to increase damage). But I'll warn you though that leveling in PvE with this is slow, what you can do however is use those base stats and then focus ability score on STR and DEX as you level, so you'll have some good DPS, then once you hit 60, you can respec for 600 Zen (or about 200,000 AD then exchanging AD for 600 zen). You'll also want to pick up Blitz (max rank) and Path of the Blade (max rank), for your 3rd encounter you can use Bait and Switch so it can somewhat tank for a couple seconds additionally can be used to refill stealth.

*the build is not a PvP/PvE hybrid, its focused solely on PvP.

The "Best Overall Stat Setup" really depends on the type of build.
    edited June 2013
    Frustrating indeed, if your a max/miner that want the best stats possible for the type of build your going for. If your going to use this build, you'll want to roll a human with ability score 15 STR / 15 DEX / 12 INT *Putting +2 on INT for a total of 14INT* (the +3 extra feats is also important for this build to increase damage). But I'll warn you though that leveling in PvE with this is slow, what you can do however is use those base stats and then focus ability score on STR and DEX as you level, so you'll have some good DPS, then once you hit 60, you can respec for 600 Zen (or about 200,000 AD then exchanging AD for 600 zen). You'll also want to pick up Blitz (max rank) and Path of the Blade (max rank), for your 3rd encounter you can use Bait and Switch so it can somewhat tank for a couple seconds additionally can be used to refill stealth.

*the build is not a PvP/PvE hybrid, its focused solely on PvP.

The "Best Overall Stat Setup" really depends on the type of build.

Thanks again for the informative responses. I'm usually more of a PvP player but having not played beta I'm not sure which part of the game I'd enjoy more. I may reroll to your base stats just as an insurance policy if I end up enjoying PvP more (this is usually the case). Plus I'm only level 5 right now so that wouldn't be much of an issue. I just really hate being in the position where I've invested countless hours into a character only to find myself to be sub-par at the end game, and I'd rather be a master at one thing than a jack of all trades.

When you say this build doesn't really shine in PvE, does that mean people won't bring me into dungeons, etc? Also how slow would you say the leveling actually is with this build? I haven't leveled 1-60 yet so I wouldn't really know how much /played time that would be...

Edit - Would you say your build is better than "Des's" PvP build? I was reading that one last night as well, but he stopped playing the game so it might be dated?
    edited June 2013
    Thanks again for the informative responses. I'm usually more of a PvP player but having not played beta I'm not sure which part of the game I'd enjoy more. I may reroll to your base stats just as an insurance policy if I end up enjoying PvP more (this is usually the case). Plus I'm only level 5 right now so that wouldn't be much of an issue. I just really hate being in the position where I've invested countless hours into a character only to find myself to be sub-par at the end game, and I'd rather be a master at one thing than a jack of all trades.

When you say this build doesn't really shine in PvE, does that mean people won't bring me into dungeons, etc? Also how slow would you say the leveling actually is with this build? I haven't leveled 1-60 yet so I wouldn't really know how much /played time that would be...

Edit - Would you say your build is better than "Des's" PvP build? I was reading that one last night as well, but he stopped playing the game so it might be dated?

In PvE: If you focus on DEX/STR, you'll get 21 DEX / 21 STR (+11% crit, +11% damage). It's not bad, just don't use PvP gear lol, get gear that focuses on DPS stats. I'm sure you'll do fine, maybe 2nd or 3rd place on the DPS meter.

My Half-Orc (DEX/STR focused) took me about 2 days play time to get from 1 to 60. (Leveled by PvE)
    My Human INT Rogue (INT/STR focused) took me 3 days play time to get from 1 to 60. (Leveled by PvP)
    Im leveling a CON/DEX focused and I'm at level 40 in 22 hours play time. (Leveled by PvE)

I guess you can get from 1 to 60 in 2.5 days play time.

I'm not one to say "this or that build is better". But in my honest opinion I'm sure this build would succeed in a 1v1, just because your stealth will last longer and you'll have multiple ways to refill stealth. TR vs TR is really just a stealth battle.
    edited June 2013
    In PvE: If you focus on DEX/STR, you'll get 21 DEX / 21 STR (+11% crit, +11% damage). It's not bad, just don't use PvP gear lol, get gear that focuses on DPS stats. I'm sure you'll do fine, maybe 2nd or 3rd place on the DPS meter.

My Half-Orc (DEX/STR focused) took me about 2 days play time to get from 1 to 60. (Leveled by PvE)
    My Human INT Rogue (INT/STR focused) took me 3 days play time to get from 1 to 60. (Leveled by PvP)
    Im leveling a CON/DEX focused and I'm at level 40 in 22 hours play time. (Leveled by PvE)

I guess you can get from 1 to 60 in 2.5 days play time.

I'm not one to say "this or that build is better". But in my honest opinion I'm sure this build would succeed in a 1v1, just because your stealth will last longer and you'll have multiple ways to refill stealth. TR vs TR is really just a stealth battle.

Ahh, 2.5 days is nothing! Ok sounds good. Going to give this build a shot. Thanks again for your insightful responses.

Edit - Rolled my character and got the 15 str, 15 dex, 13 cha, 11 con, 14 (including +2) int, and 10 wisdom. I just wanted to confirm this is the ideal roll...
    edited June 2013
  • theblitzwing00theblitzwing00 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have you tested this build using the Master Duelist set instead of the Battlefield Scavenger set?

The Master Duelist set reduces encounter cooldowns by 1 second for every 4th At-Will attack.....well it used to before it got bugged and is not currently working. When it was working, I believe I was getting about 5 second reduction while attacking the dummies in the training area. So while you lose about a second of stealth from not using the Battlefield Scavenger set, shouldn't the Master Duelist set more than make up for it? You'll also get more power, critical strike, and recovery while sacrificing armor penetration and life steal.
    edited June 2013
    Sounds pretty risky, that means you'll have to play more aggressive just to get to forth at-will attack to reduce the encounter. Once you've used all of the CoS for your opening attacks, you'll have to rely heavy into melee attacks to reduce your Encounters. I try to play safe, only going in when the target is dazed from Shadow Strike, when your behind the target, when you have dodge ready, when there's allies assisting you, and when you've gauged your opponents skill level (knowing your quick enough to maneuver and avoid attacks). Only in those conditions I'll go in for melee. If I we're to use Master Duelist, I'd be forcing myself to go in melee even if those conditions aren't met.
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    This build is fun, but tbh pretty weak against the current tanky warrior meta. Get popped once and you are screwed and your dmg is pretty bad against the warriors regardless. poke poke run.
    edited June 2013
    I didn't see how you should allocate your stats while leveling in PvP with this build. I was originally doing pure str/dex but I'd like to be able to hit perma stealth viability as soon as possible. Curious what level that should be roughly...
    edited June 2013
    I didn't see how you should allocate your stats while leveling in PvP with this build. I was originally doing pure str/dex but I'd like to be able to hit perma stealth viability as soon as possible. Curious what level that should be roughly...

Real Perma-Stealth would be at 60 (to stay in stealth permanently). You can stay in stealth for a long time once you hit 45, using Shadow Strike and Bait and Switch (Shadow Strike used first, then Bait and Switch), You'll have 3 Stealth refills and that's the best you can do, if you use Lurker's Assault that's a 4th refill as well as giving you time so you can use Shadow Strike and Bait and Switch once again.
  • theblitzwing00theblitzwing00 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds pretty risky, that means you'll have to play more aggressive just to get to forth at-will attack to reduce the encounter. Once you've used all of the CoS for your opening attacks, you'll have to rely heavy into melee attacks to reduce your Encounters. I try to play safe, only going in when the target is dazed from Shadow Strike, when your behind the target, when you have dodge ready, when there's allies assisting you, and when you've gauged your opponents skill level (knowing your quick enough to maneuver and avoid attacks). Only in those conditions I'll go in for melee. If I we're to use Master Duelist, I'd be forcing myself to go in melee even if those conditions aren't met.

I think Master Duelist's reduced cooldown also worked when you're attacking thin air with your sly flourish too. If I'm remember correctly, I suppose you could just attack nothing while stealth to get the cooldown to continue the stealth cycling. I'll have to try it whenever it gets fixed.....I only had it two days before a patch gimped it and the Dazzling Blades reduced cooldown feat.

Do you ever find people on the other team seem to hate you with a passion? My character isn't perfected, too poor for any silver enchantments over rank 5 currently.....but I get a pretty long stealth. I find people seem to go out of their way to kill me. Sometimes I get targeted first over all others if they see me, other times they chase me all over the map. It's like they really really hate me or something. Tee-Hee!
    edited June 2013
    I think Master Duelist's reduced cooldown also worked when you're attacking thin air with your sly flourish too. If I'm remember correctly, I suppose you could just attack nothing while stealth to get the cooldown to continue the stealth cycling. I'll have to try it whenever it gets fixed.....I only had it two days before a patch gimped it and the Dazzling Blades reduced cooldown feat.
    I would definitely like to know the results of Master Duelist and attacking thin air to reduce Encounter CD, if it works or not. If someone that has the set and do a quick test of it, it would be much appreciated =D

Do you ever find people on the other team seem to hate you with a passion? My character isn't perfected, too poor for any silver enchantments over rank 5 currently.....but I get a pretty long stealth. I find people seem to go out of their way to kill me. Sometimes I get targeted first over all others if they see me, other times they chase me all over the map. It's like they really really hate me or something. Tee-Hee!

I only play a rogue, and with all my rogues that always seems to be the case. Rogues seem to get targeted first, but that's probably because we're squishy and easy to kill, and so we rely on stealth as our main way of defense.

I get use to get reported all the time in every game back in the days with this build, not so much now a days. People still hate the Perma-Stealth, since the very beginning on when it was introduced to PvP, many people thought it was Hacks or Exploits, even how fast you can get your Daily power people thought that was Exploits as it gets from 0% to 100% in a single fight. But then again, people were still learning the game mechanics.
  • randallskiirandallskii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can confirm that Clouds of Steel benefit from 4th piece set bonus of Master Duelist's Set... tested on PreviewServer NW.3.20130529z.20 where Dazzling Blades and the Master Duelist Set were fixed but on actual Preview NW.3.20130529z.19 it doesnt because Master Duelist's Set is completly buggy again
  • senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    Can anyone give me some PvP advice?

I am still doing VERY poorly in PvP. Now granted, it seems lately I run into more teams that actually zerg the various bases - meaning they go as a team.

I find it nearly impossible to do any significant damage to these teams since I dare not show myself.

The few times I've found someone alone, I've owned them - even other rogues. But against more than 1, it's pitiful.

Not to mention that without the ability to throw out a Sly, there is no perma stealth.

Also, my PvE damage is pitiful compared to my Executioner and my guild grimaces when I want to take my permastealth rogue - especially on the rogue tank fights since he takes SOOO much longer to beat things down.

How do you guys deal with this? Or don't you?
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    The build is outdated by the current meta. This was great previous to the GF block fix and the GWF double buff (2 patches in a row). Currently the build cant win, it is a poke build that requires you to stay away/stealthed almost the whole fight and half the targets on the map are no longer anywhere near as squishy as they used to be. PLUS you lost most of the dmg on Shocking so your burst is way down. As fun as perma stealth can be, it doesn't cut it right now. Just my opinion though.
    edited June 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    Can anyone give me some PvP advice?

I am still doing VERY poorly in PvP. Now granted, it seems lately I run into more teams that actually zerg the various bases - meaning they go as a team.
    It's still possible to hold down a point when there's 5 of them. If you must, stick around the edge and step on it and step back, this will delay point gain, the longer you can stay on point the better. If they 5-man zerg, your team should be able to capture the other points.

I find it nearly impossible to do any significant damage to these teams since I dare not show myself.
    Kill the squishy targets first, CW's and TR's. They are your main targets... if you can take out their DPS, that's less damage on your team in team fights, after that it's best to just book it out of there and head towards their captured point.
    The few times I've found someone alone, I've owned them - even other rogues. But against more than 1, it's pitiful.
    If your fine with 1v1's, a 1v2 shouldn't be much of a problem. Always time your Encounters and watch your stealth meter.

Tip: Lets say Bait and Switch is on CD and you've just used your Shadow Strike to refill stealth. If Bait and Switch is on or below 8 Seconds cool down, you should have it ready in time to be used. If not, either LoS or gain some distance from the target.
    Also, my PvE damage is pitiful compared to my Executioner and my guild grimaces when I want to take my permastealth rogue - especially on the rogue tank fights since he takes SOOO much longer to beat things down.
    Not recommend for PvE. Build is for PvP only.
    edited June 2013
    Curious if you can obtain Perma stealth while still maxing STR and DEX? Possible with a high enough recovery?

I believe he tried this with a different character and it didn't work out. The fact that you cannot ever change starting stats is extremely frustrating to me because I would love to try out different builds with my rogue. Especially since if I ever want to do some PvE or try a different PvP playstyle I'm automatically at a disadvantage.

This is my only complaint with this game so far...and it's a pretty big problem in my opinion