What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please "balance" rogues

Comments

• Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guys, one of Valindra's Red Wizards found their way into the TR forums! Get 'em! :)
  • Options
    mordain455mordain455 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rogues do not need a nerf my lvl 56 rogue gets 1 SHOT from regular/foundry mobs anywhere from 18-20k criticals and no there was no red area warning it was from regular attacks and yes i have def on all my gear and is up to date.
    We already had a HUGE nerf to survivability you just need to learn how to play its amazing how many bad players cry about dps classes while they just stand there auto attacking lol.
  • Options
    cazzarakcazzarak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't let rogues attack during stealth (well while maintaining stealth)........ really? First off stealth lasts for 5 seconds, for most specs. This has to allow closing distance, and dropping an attack. If you can't handle a rogue in stealth, as soon as they go invisible, start running away.

Secondly, the only attacks rogues can do and maintain stealth is at wills, it's not that bad. Yes encounters get an enhancement of some sort while cast in stealth but it immediately removes you from stealth other than 2 abilities I can think of off the top of my head.

Let's compare stealth to say, a cleric and divinity shall we? Let's look at daunting light, the aoe bam ability. If it is cast normally, small area and you have time to move away, but if they pop divinity its a larger area, instantly hits, and does much more damage. So is it OP that they have an instant large aoe burst dmg ability that they can cast on cd?

It is also quite hard to get back into stealth if you are taking damage. Unless you pop lurker, if you are taking damage you won't get back into stealth easily compared to other classes who can just hit tab as they feel like it.

I think your issue is that a rogue pops stealth, gets on your ***, then pops out with a few chain encounters and you lay dying on the field calling for mama.

If you see that shimmer, run away, by the time they close on you, stealth is gone....
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cazzarak wrote: »
    Let's compare stealth to say, a cleric and divinity shall we? Let's look at daunting light, the aoe bam ability. If it is cast normally, small area and you have time to move away, but if they pop divinity its a larger area, instantly hits, and does much more damage. So is it OP that they have an instant large aoe burst dmg ability that they can cast on cd?

Wait, did you really just try to make an argument that rogues aren't overpowered in PvP because clerics are such beasts? Have you no shame at all?
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    this should seriously stop.. I play a TR and I've seen other TRs play in PvP and on youtube/twitch..
    if a TR is dominating, it means he is really good, and/or you/your team is very bad.. it's not that easy to play a TR..
    stealth does not last that much, it's hard to gain while you are being attacked..
    if you have a build which gives you lots of stealth and ways to gain it fast, you deal less damage.. so you gain something at the cost of something else..
    you can even see him if he is close and you can still hit him while in stealth and he is not immune to AoE and you can interrupt many of his attacks or just move away because his powers have long animations you can even interrupt one of his powerful dailies (Lurker's Assault)

so stop complaining, just know your class and learn about the other classes

if the other classes are so under-powered, why are there CWs which won't let you get near them or their team? why are there DCs who come at the most inappropriate moment and help your target kill you? why are there GWFs who are owning everything and seem to have unlimited knockdowns and have unstoppable up all the time? I won't even start with the GFs who are like tin cans which you can't open and you just lose time fighting one over a nod..

don't punish people for being good at their class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spaggotryspaggotry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    do all of PWE's games have horrible forum communities?
  • Options
    sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if we are OP but one thing for sure having people palying a rogue and going around exploiting bugs in pvp doesn't help:

http://www.twitch.tv/flyyyyyyyyyyyyy13/c/2505746
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sinbius wrote: »
    I don't know if we are OP but one thing for sure having people palying a rogue and going around exploiting bugs in pvp doesn't help:

Ya that's an exploit that should be fixed, that I can agree with, but the whole stealth issue is not a problem.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sinbius wrote: »

just cause something is been used for an exploit doesnt make it OP
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Geez why do people necro threads that were started 3 months ago and 2 months old from the last reply.
  • Options
    rutgermaferrutgermafer Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't worry. When the Ranger class is put into the game, 3/4 of the rogues will switch to that.
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Don't worry. When the Ranger class is put into the game, 3/4 of the rogues will switch to that.

And only the good rogues will stay
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    citizynkingcitizynking Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If a class is able to one shot people, that class is too powerful and its damage needs to be toned down. Almost every rogue arguing against this is just being class-carried and doesnt want to rely on actually learning to pvp.

When your ttk (time to kill) another class is 10 times faster than everyone else? You're OP and need a nerf. Sorry, but thats the fact of it.
  • Options
    teng3nteng3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When your ttk (time to kill) another class is 10 times faster than everyone else? You're OP and need a nerf. Sorry, but thats the fact of it.

Not sure what scrubs you're playing with but I've seen every class (Minus Cleric) drop a decent geared player in pvp in under 5 seconds. 10 times faster? Maybe you should learn to pvp. Sure rogues are extremely bursty. Try dodging their first move and it becomes A LOT easier to survive.

Take your own advice, learn to pvp. Rogue are easy to counter if you try.

On a side note.. Rogues are the only PURE dps class in the game. Maybe they should actually do more damage than others, but maybe that's just me spitting out common sense.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And then the ranger class will be the new "overpowered class" that everyone will love to whine about
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If a class is able to one shot people, that class is too powerful and its damage needs to be toned down. Almost every rogue arguing against this is just being class-carried and doesnt want to rely on actually learning to pvp.

So you're saying that CWs (Ice Knife), DCs (Hammer of Justice), and GFs (20k+ 2nd hit of prone combo) should be nerfed?

& that TRs should receive a significant AP gain boost?
    (Since TR 1 shot is actually a daily ability while Ice Knife is an encounter, DCs have massive AP gain, & GF's is also an Encounter ability)

Me totally agree with you.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm not understanding the point of the argument here... citizynking.

CW has perma stun lock + DPS.... BETTER NERF.
    CW has AOE Crowd Control.... BETTER NERF.
    GF sits on POINT 1 shots me with combo and 2 v 1 cant kill him... BETTER NERF.
    I can't kill a DC when shes on astral shield...then she 1 shot me with hammer.... BETTER NERF
    Wait u cant kill a Sent GWF with 7 greater tene while he kills your entire team?... Then stun locks you?... BETTER NERF.

So a well geared rogue at 12k gearscore one shot you, you come here to ask for nerf because he used his daily on you... Unless you are running perma stealth or ur filthy rich...shocking execution or lurkers is a costly daily to pop in comparison to other classes whom all almost have higher recovery than rogues. In order for us to gain AP we obtain it by dealing damage, while other classes gain it by ranged form of encounters. we need to get close and use encounters to actually get a decent AP gaining, unlike GF who can just eat dmg and say Thanks for giving me free AP!, or a GWF who can hit tab in the middle a fight and not give 2 zen about anything else and gain AP while using encounters being up close.

You do realize that for us to use encounters upclose we have to stealth and then if we do use encounters we come out of stealth right? So your complaining an ****ty AP gain class that can one shot you with a daily... which every other class can also do and have a better ap gain? and a better potential for ap gain.

I have had people complain about me being able to 1 shot people in PvP... they are wearing full t1/PvP gear and complaining someone who has invested more time in the game acquiring better tier 2 gear to be on same level as tier 1 gear. OMG 12k GS rogue 1 shot my 8k GS GF... BETTER NERFFFFF

So before you complain about

then you need to nerf all the other classes if you are hitting rogues. the funnier thing is I can run any t2 dungeon with gwfs in place of rogues so please buff our weak class.
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    So you're saying that CWs (Ice Knife), DCs (Hammer of Justice), and GFs (20k+ 2nd hit of prone combo) should be nerfed?

& that TRs should receive a significant AP gain boost?
    (Since TR 1 shot is actually a daily ability while Ice Knife is an encounter, DCs have massive AP gain, & GF's is also an Encounter ability)

Me totally agree with you.

Y Ice Knife is an encounter... u ****ing scrub..:facepalm:
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    Y Ice Knife is an encounter... u ****ing scrub..:facepalm:

Daily. It's a Daily.
  • Options
    llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I love the tears of bad GWFs asking for Rogue nerfs, when GWFs can solo tank and kill multiple people at once, chase down escaping enemies, run away from bad situations, and CC lock their targets.

Your tears might be better suited for the General section of the forums where other baddies like you can all commiserate with each other. Around here, you'll just be laughed at for not knowing how to play your own class to its fullest potential.
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    rouges suck, they are the most useless class in competetive pvp :D not far behind is the cw. every team needs a good cleric aswell.

only bad players perma-dies to rouges, only reason bcuz its the only class that got no-brainer spells.

i dear u to say any other class which is more useless, i could even explain to u why.
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    How about they lower the ability to evade damage on the rogue. I would like to see how the rogue likes not being able to avoid all the damage incoming on them.

/sarcasm/ want them to remove stealth from game while you are at it sir? or a shiny arrow pointing where the rogue is at all times even under stealth? Maybe extra 100% damage taken by rogues on stealth because you just want to nuke them? /sarcasm/
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Omfg people it's Rogue, not Rouge!
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So i get confused by you rogues. In the nerf posts you state LRN2Play and we are not OP.

But then you read the builds posts on the rogue forums and its I instagib and here are screenies of me owning BG.

You guys are a confused bunch.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ofc we instagib the scrubs, thats why we give them the advice to learn how to play the game
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    So i get confused by you rogues. In the nerf posts you state LRN2Play and we are not OP.

But then you read the builds posts on the rogue forums and its I instagib and here are screenies of me owning BG.

You guys are a confused bunch.

Cause TR is for pug humiliation. For premade u need gwf\gf\dc. For premade TR is too squishy and dies in 1-2 sec when focused.

• Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Anyone else enjoy that this thread has been around since the game started?

Trs are not OP. They are bursty glass cannons.

Dodge/block their dazing/lashing and you win- simple as that.

This is not wow, kiddies! You cant just stand there and dps people down (which i still see cws trying to do, a lot).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    griz024 wrote: »
    Anyone else enjoy that this thread has been around since the game started?

Trs are not OP. They are bursty glass cannons.

Dodge/block their dazing/lashing and you win- simple as that.

This is not wow, kiddies! You cant just stand there and dps people down (which i still see cws trying to do, a lot).

Funny thing is in PVP Conqueror GF has 10-15k more HP, HIGHER burst, prone lock and 4 times the defence\deflect stat. TR is for PVE\Pug humiliation.

• Options
    arshaddoxarshaddox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited July 2013
    neya01 wrote: »
    They already nerfed Rogue thanks to u whiners, now you want even further nerfing?!!!!! For ****** sake, the Rogue ISNT supposed to be a weak little coward. We're supposed to be single-target heavy-hitters, not some halfbaked GWF.

That nerf didn't affected them at all. This yet another misinterpretation of what the rogue should be in mmos. You have less dmg than say a gwf but YOU DEAL IT MUCH FASTER!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    well, then better half the attackspeed of GWFs, for everything..then we would have what you just described :)