test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Suggestion] PvP Que Dependent on Gear Score.(LvL 60)

esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm kind of tired of playing against low geared people who i can 1 or 2 shot them with my lashing blade. It is frustrating for them and is boring for me. I want a challenge.

I'm suggesting making a queue dependent on the Gear Score of the player, and this is why:

1- Low/High gear score players will have a chance to join a PvP match with players equivalent to their gear lvls.

2- Will limit the amount of bots we see in the lvl 60 PvP (since the bot owners will have to actually gear up his character in order to queue up).

How to make it?

Divide the queu'ing system into three categories : 8.5k+ , 9.5k+ , 10.5k+

There is no way for a bot user to spend effort on his character and gear them up to meet up with the limit of queue (unless he is really really persistent lol).

PS:

-Complaining about the OPness of a certain class is absolutely your problem and not in the area of discussion on this post.There are dozen more posts for that matter.

-This idea is suggested for the LvL 60 PvP ONLY.

- Make players get instantly kicked out of the PvP map if they change gears inside or while queue is up. (so no 11k+ players change his gear into weaker one to get queu'ed to the 8.5k category for example, then change it back when he is already in).

- Make players get instantly kicked out of the PvP map,if they change gears while que is poped already (since they will surpass the queue's requirements).

Update 2/7/2013 based on replies: GFs and GWFs have feats that allow them to get higher GS than other classes.
That will force them to queue up in high GS ques while they aren't properly geared for it.

Perhaps a fix to these feats that would make them not adding any additional score to the Gear Score, and make the Gear score only shows what your gear gives.

Update 3/7/2013: I've got caught by the grammar and spelling police. So i've corrected the word "que" into "queue" based on their feed back.

Update 20/7/2013: Someone posted some cool ideas for better match making system in PvP.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?405071-PVP-Suggestions-To-the-Devs-if-you-want-to-fix-PVP

Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    so i just remove my 15k equip to get matched with those low-GS-scrubs, put my stuff back on once it started and exnjoy my easy win, right?

gearscore restrictions can and will be played, it will solve nothing and only make it worse
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    so i just remove my 15k equip to get matched with those low-GS-scrubs, put my stuff back on once it started and exnjoy my easy win, right?

gearscore restrictions can and will be played, it will solve nothing and only make it worse

I doubt you have read all of my post. Unless it took you whole 5 mins to write that up.
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oh, ive read everything, i just ignored that ridiculous dumb part where you suggested that you should never ever be able to change your equip...cause adapting to the enemy team composition is such an evil task, it has to be forbidden with holy force
  • rexmundusrexmundus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the idea, as someone who didn't take advantage of AD exploits and has had a literal approach to the concept of free-to-play PvP is highly entertaining up until level 60 where it instantly turns into an exercise of pointless futility.

I have no gripe against people with far better gear than me, good on them for being achievers however it was acquired. But gear makes too significant a difference in PvP to ignore. Well, unless you're wearing the very best gear available and are under the impression your success is purely down to your natural skills, tactical acumen and spatial awareness, in which case being pitted against only those in the same league as you are probably isn't in your best interests.

edit:

Just to add to the concept, you could alter the rewards per category. I doubt those with 12.5+k GS are that interested in a blue item, it could be changed to something they might find even a little useful. The sub 6k GS people of course might appreciate the blue item and could actually benefit from having a chance of winning them.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    rexmundus wrote: »
    I like the idea, as someone who didn't take advantage of AD exploits and has had a literal approach to the concept of free-to-play PvP is highly entertaining up until level 60 where it instantly turns into an exercise of pointless futility.

I have no gripe against people with far better gear than me, good on them for being achievers however it was acquired. But gear makes too significant a difference in PvP to ignore. Well, unless you're wearing the very best gear available and are under the impression your success is purely down to your natural skills, tactical acumen and spatial awareness, in which case being pitted against only those in the same league as you are probably isn't in your best interests.

I've honestly suggested the idea because of the bots as a main reason.

It isn't fun going in pvp and losing because your team has 2 bots doing nothing, and like wise having an easy game because enemy team got 2 bots on their team.
    edited June 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    I've honestly suggested the idea because of the bots as a main reason.

It isn't fun going in pvp and losing because your team has 2 bots doing nothing, and like wise having an easy game because enemy team got 2 bots on their team.

I know, but bots are less of a problem to me from my point of view. Your idea would work because there's no point kitting bots out, they're there to play 24hrs and lose every single match yet still gain enough glory to buys items for sale into AD. (At least that's my assumption, I guess Blizzard or someone might be behind it and doing it just for the lolz but I wouldn't have thought so). Bots I've seen are around 6k GS and usually CWs, so with this system, I wouldn't see them anymore either.
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Would be nice, but... as i wrote in another thread, for example the GF conqueror spec since augments the power with the last feat, it gives you a lot of GS but doesn't come from your real gear. With a gear that gives me 9k gs if i spec conqueror i can have more than 12k. This should be fixed.
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    is a stupid idea, you can remove all items/equip before queuing.
    Your idea would be good only if there were different categories with exclusive prizes(lile WoW)Ranking pvp + awards, that s all.
    In fact the PvP neverwinter is totally useless, it's just for fun and totally pay to win. U wanna fun? spend 1000$ dollar in zen or astral shard and buy greater tenebrous ,rank 8/10 gem, perfect ench amor and weapon , u win neverwinter online.
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
    edited June 2013
    esteena wrote: »

- Make players get instantly kicked out of the map if they change gears inside or while que is up (so no 11k+ players change his gear into weaker one to get qued to the 8.5k category for example, then change it back when he is already in).

Thank you.
    uriziem wrote: »
    is a stupid idea, you can remove all items/equip before queuing.

Not sure who is stupid here...
    edited June 2013
    Your idea would be good only if there were different categories with exclusive prizes(lile WoW)Ranking pvp + awards, that s all.

I like that, would be great if they add it here. Would give players motivation to upgrade and compete in PvP.
    In fact the PvP neverwinter is totally useless, it's just for fun

And having bots able to que in my pvp is killing my fun and many players fun.
    edited June 2013
    . U wanna fun? spend 1000$ dollar in zen or astral shard and buy greater tenebrous ,rank 8/10 gem, perfect ench amor and weapon , u win neverwinter online.

If you actually use the minimum amount of brain cells, and ability to read, you will see that this is the 2nd reason i made this post about. So players with High gears get qued together separately from the low geared players
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    you not understand anything, those who play using the method pays to win will never do what you said without the valid reasons. This pvp is for fun and oneshot the noobs is fun, u not think?
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
    edited June 2013
    you not understand anything, those who play using the method pays to win will never do what you said without the valid reasons. This pvp is for fun and oneshot the noobs is fun, u not think?

Dude, im not asking people to do "what i say" i'm suggesting an idea to cryptic to a queing system for PvP. So basically if cryptic does that the "pay 2 win" players will be forced to que in the 10.5k+ category.

Now you will tell me that this is still not fair because they are highly geared, well guess what, you can still kill them if you know how to use your hands. Not to mention that the amount of players having 8/9 enchants with full greater tenes aren't that much.

If you want more discussion about "pay 2 win" and "OP classes" go to other threads please.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Love the idea, but I'd bracket the numbers differently. I think 12k (or maybe 13k)+ should have its own bracket. Something like...

Up to 8k

8k to 10k

10k to 12.5k

12.5k+

I think people wouldn't get all angry about PVP if that were the case.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It makes no difference, for most classes it's all about stacking Greater Tenebrous. You can just socket rubbish gear with Tenebrous and just slaughter everyone. Also this would not work, because some classes are less gear dependant. At 8k GS range GWF is no longer unstoppable they're immortal. DC at low GS will be near impossible to take down since no one will be able to out DPS the heals. Trickster Rogues cannot perma stealth since they don't have to gear to maintain it with horirble gear. I can go on and on, but you get the idea some classes are less gear dependant.

This does not solve anything, it only breaks the game even more causing more problems. Now you have to fix each class to fit into it's own gear score category.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I support a non-tenebrous queue bracket.
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    PvP brackets are nice in theory.

What's to stop me from slotting lvl 60 Greens with Gtene though?

People buy their gear because they want the top gear, a portion of these people most defiantly want this gear solely for the purpose of having an advantage over other people and wrecking them.
    edited July 2013
    zxorn wrote: »

People buy their gear because they want the top gear, a portion of these people most defiantly want this gear solely for the purpose of having an advantage over other people and wrecking them.

Nothing, but you've missed the point that you've made the majority of games balanced leaving just a handful.

Your attitude advocates suicide today, because you're going to die one day anyway, so might as well.
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Gs means nothing. There needs to be ladders and pvp rating/score based on which you're matched to other players. So the better you are doing in pvp the harder your opponents will be and when you start getting owned all the time your rating drops and you get easier ones.
    edited July 2013
    Gs means nothing. There needs to be ladders and pvp rating/score based on which you're matched to other players. So the better you are doing in pvp the harder your opponents will be and when you start getting owned all the time your rating drops and you get easier ones.

"Gs means nothing" is a flawed statement. What you're saying is that it would make zero difference if one team of 5 players with no items whatsoever fought 5 people wearing the very best gear possible - both teams having an equal chance. What you probably meant is "Gs isn't the be all and end all" which is true, but what you have to do is actually say that, not drop a dramatic short but fundamentally flawed statement into a forum thread and then leave people to deduce what you probably meant.

As for ladders and ratings as a preferred system. I disagree, it takes considerably more resources to check, monitor and follow every players PvP stats matching as best as possible PvP stats against those in the available queue. Like everything it can be gamed, simply intentionally lose several matches in a row to drop down a bracket. Simply locking items in place once the queue or instance is initiated to preserve current GS and matching players based on their score is a lot simply, achieves a lot more balance than currently exists and could likely be coded in an afternoon rather than a month.

I appreciate it isn't a perfect solution and a small minority would find a way to maintain an imbalanced superiority but you're missing the point. Right now, not many matches are balanced. Just because a handful of guys might decide to gem up green items doesn't mean that the idea should be abolished securing the status quo of pretty pointless PvP.
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like the idea, I hit 60 got the PvP armour plus some bits of AH queued for PvP got annihilated each and every time, My hits weren't making the slightest bit of difference hahaha My heals won't keep anyone alive for more than a few seconds in PvP because i dont last much longer than that anyway haha
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Once again so many misses the mark.

What prevents a player from removing a couple of pieces of gear before the que pops and then putting the gear back on. Now they would be placed into a lower "GS bracket" but actually have a high gs.

If you do it off wins, it is meaningless as well. Does a win count if the other team leaves the match? Do you do it off kill count? If you do that then you'll end up with matches were its all rogues, no clerics and a sprinkling of guardians and wizards. All of the ideas posted here are not very good solutions at all period.

Even if you did it off a handicap (where you took a sum total of wins, losses, kill ratio to death ratio and gear score) it would still be exploitable or inaccurate. Not to mention not every class performs the same tasks. It is easy for wizards and clerics to get control points because they often camp the points while they are being challenged. Most of the melee classes move off the points or don't bother about capturing because they are going for a clean up kill or to assist a point capture.
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Gs means nothing" is a flawed statement. What you're saying is that it would make zero difference if one team of 5 players with no items whatsoever fought 5 people wearing the very best gear possible - both teams having an equal chance. What you probably meant is "Gs isn't the be all and end all" which is true, but what you have to do is actually say that, not drop a dramatic short but fundamentally flawed statement into a forum thread and then leave people to deduce what you probably meant.

As for ladders and ratings as a preferred system. I disagree, it takes considerably more resources to check, monitor and follow every players PvP stats matching as best as possible PvP stats against those in the available queue. Like everything it can be gamed, simply intentionally lose several matches in a row to drop down a bracket. Simply locking items in place once the queue or instance is initiated to preserve current GS and matching players based on their score is a lot simply, achieves a lot more balance than currently exists and could likely be coded in an afternoon rather than a month.

I appreciate it isn't a perfect solution and a small minority would find a way to maintain an imbalanced superiority but you're missing the point. Right now, not many matches are balanced. Just because a handful of guys might decide to gem up green items doesn't mean that the idea should be abolished securing the status quo of pretty pointless PvP.

Resources ??? Seriously it's exactly the same rating is one number just like GS is one number. It's very simple you win your rating increases, you lose your rating falls. You're matched against people with similar ratings. This is done so you eventually play against people with similar win/lose ratio. Premades will win a lot and in this system they will likely face each other or players with good gear / skill.
    Now other games also tend to have rewards you can only get at certain rating. Like very good pvp set only for people that reach certain rating - BUT that part I disagree with. It just makes strong players even stronger. Still there could be monthly reset of ladders/ratings and rewards for best players on ladder. As an incentive against throwing fights as you suggested. Best if everyone gets a small reward based on their place on ladder - so even player #13754 would get low level enchant or something. Higher you get better reward.

The only possible downside of any GS matching or pvp rating matching is longer queue times.

And as opposed to totally exploitable GS matching this isn't as exploitable plus it gives us ladders so everyone has something to strive for - better place on ladder.
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Nothing, but you've missed the point that you've made the majority of games balanced leaving just a handful.

Your attitude advocates suicide today, because you're going to die one day anyway, so might as well.

You make about as much sense as a fortune cookie.

Just about as relevant as one too.
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    Once again so many misses the mark.

What prevents a player from removing a couple of pieces of gear before the que pops and then putting the gear back on. Now they would be placed into a lower "GS bracket" but actually have a high gs.

Thanks for adding that.

IF they actually switch their gear just after que pops up, the map should kick them once they are inside if they surpass the que's requirements. It is possible.

and i'm going to add it on the OP.
    edited July 2013
    zxorn wrote: »

So? if you can afford it, i don't see an issue.

People can already do it now, by creating new character and make it to lvl 50 and join the lvl 50-59 PvP for example. Slotting their characters with Gtenes.

and lets say people would do that at the lvl 60 PvP, they will be a minority who would want to have an "easy" pvp with their OP Green gears.

My idea would still solve the high presence of bots.

Not to mention that not everytime you que for a 8.5k tier you would meet up with a Tene enchanted green geared players.
  • jreaper85jreaper85 Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    Unless they fix the GS system as a whole this wouldn't be viable. There's classes out there that can be in all blue/greens and be over 11k while there's classes that can be in all T2/ancient and not break 11k. They'd really need to make gear score simply what it states it is, gear score, not stat score that can be manipulated my spec/feats and such.
    edited July 2013
    jreaper85 wrote: »
    Unless they fix the GS system as a whole this wouldn't be viable. There's classes out there that can be in all blue/greens and be over 11k while there's classes that can be in all T2/ancient and not break 11k. They'd really need to make gear score simply what it states it is, gear score, not stat score that can be manipulated my spec/feats and such.

Why not join the 10.5k+ que then if your gear/feats allows you to?

The fact that your feats gives that advantage in gear score, means you are getting and advantage in your stats as well. ( refering to GF and GWF) so they are better be in the 10.5k que then.
  • olcsonnolcsonn Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like this idea as well, 1 and 2 shotting people in a match is only fun 1 or 2 times. I like the bracket based on GS idea, I also think that this would remove some of the ignorant people's whining for nerfing of classes.