test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Suggestion] PvP Que Dependent on Gear Score.(LvL 60)

Comments

• brostenbrosten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm in favor of any additions, pvp tiers, modification of existing gearscore mechanics ... anything. Quite a few good ideas in this thread.

Getting 1-2 shotted all day long isnt fun, and if there's not enough fun a few will throw $$ after it, and a larger portion will just quit, or not pvp at all.

So for the sake of pvp in general, I'm in favor ...
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    oh, ive read everything, i just ignored that ridiculous dumb part where you suggested that you should never ever be able to change your equip...cause adapting to the enemy team composition is such an evil task, it has to be forbidden with holy force

Yea I have to agree here. Outside of I would just gear switch to 1shot ppl for Lawl's. I have different gear in my stash depending on who I am playing with and who I am going against. Some matches I whip out my double HP regen rings and use into the fray for giggles if I have Dps on my team. Or if I am solo and they have clerics I am normally in my double Pyro rings with arm pen socketed. Gear switching should be done more not less. Not only that lets talk about how we should have dual specs and gear set swaps.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Yea I have to agree here. Outside of I would just gear switch to 1shot ppl for Lawl's. I have different gear in my stash depending on who I am playing with and who I am going against. Some matches I whip out my double HP regen rings and use into the fray for giggles if I have Dps on my team. Or if I am solo and they have clerics I am normally in my double Pyro rings with arm pen socketed. Gear switching should be done more not less. Not only that lets talk about how we should have dual specs and gear set swaps.

My solution isn't perfect i know.

I currently can't see any better solution to get rid of bots than this one at the moment, so tell me : Do you want to be able to switch your gears while having bots on your team? or not being able to switch your gear but not having any bots ?
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    My solution isn't perfect i know.

I currently can't see any better solution to get rid of bots than this one at the moment, so tell me : Do you want to be able to switch your gears while having bots on your team? or not being able to switch your gear but not having any bots ?

Honestly bots never bother me. For me its the least of the issues with things going on in my matches. They are meat shields I don't care if they are there or not. They are in every game so who cares. I join a game to kill end result is I kill bot or no bot. This solution is for bots ? Right now the current fix they did for bots made it worse. Which was glory rewards now there is no reason for anyone to stay in a match. I think we should start with more maps 10v10 and better reward system with a Huge PvP shop. Then you will notice bots less and it will be even more fun.

Bots are just bait. Let it lure some idiot in then 2 shot them. /giggle and repeat
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Should have followed the GW2 pvp gear system.
    It doesn't get much more ballanced then that. When entering pvp, you get assigned seperate pvp gear that can't be used in pve. The gear doesn't have any stats only armour vallue but have upgrade slots. The weapons only have dps no stats with upgrade slots. And all the pvp gear and enchants are free. Everyone get bolstered to max lvl. And the you actually have a seperate spec for pvp aswell that is changed to automaticly and is completly free to respec anytime you want to. You can't use consumbles, they have limited what upgrades you can use,

This way you get no gear imballance, no lvl advantges, your always in a pvp spec,consumebles can't be used. So then there's only one factor that can break a class, and that is if something about the class is broken. Rewards for winning are striclty cosmetic, you get a different style of armour etz when you have gained enough pvp points. That can be transfered to glory.
    edited July 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    Should have followed the GW2 pvp gear system.
    It doesn't get much more ballanced then that. When entering pvp, you get assigned seperate pvp gear that can't be used in pve. The gear doesn't have any stats only armour vallue but have upgrade slots. The weapons only have dps no stats with upgrade slots. And all the pvp gear and enchants are free. Everyone get bolstered to max lvl. And the you actually have a seperate spec for pvp aswell that is changed to automaticly and is completly free to respec anytime you want to. You can't use consumbles, they have limited what upgrades you can use,

This way you get no gear imballance, no lvl advantges, your always in a pvp spec,consumebles can't be used. So then there's only one factor that can break a class, and that is if something about the class is broken. Rewards for winning are striclty cosmetic, you get a different style of armour etz when you have gained enough pvp points. That can be transfered to glory.

Wow that sounds aweful and boring. I like having a better enchant to slay players with and rule as King.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Wow that sounds aweful and boring. I like having a better enchant to slay players with and rule as King.

You sound like the type of player that get rolled by players with 2000 less gearscore then you, get mad and pump 100$ into the game just to be able to be competative.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    You sound like the type of player that get rolled by players with 2000 less gearscore then you, get mad and pump 100$ into the game just to be able to be competative.

Please keep your off topic discussions in PMs.

Abombination is decent GF and i had some 1 vs 1 with him in PVP.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sounds good!
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Honestly bots never bother me. For me its the least of the issues with things going on in my matches. They are meat shields I don't care if they are there or not.

No they're not.
    Try having CW/TR bots with level 10 gear.
    They drop like flies.

They are also extremely easy to counter by simply fighting off the cap.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
    edited July 2013
    Please keep your off topic discussions in PMs.

Abombination is decent GF and i had some 1 vs 1 with him in PVP.

Awww you had me at Decent :)

Now for back on topic. We still don't have PvP yet. That's right. We have 2 beta maps of 5v5 scrimmages. Until they release a PvP patch and add some maps and have some battlegrounds of 10v10 nothing really will be fixed. Ranking the current scrimmages we have now doesn't make any sense. We need some actual PvP first. Granted I love PvP and I do at least 20 matches a day. Its just very incomplete still. Even premade vs premade lacks any real skill. My opinion don't have to like it. Maps are way to small have 4 healing potions which I think should be removed and different buffs added like to power and defense. Since it is a DOMINATION MATCH. Why is there healing. Don't make sense there should be buffs for the fast pace they were built for. When its 10v10 even if you have bots who cares you can still have fun and win a 8v10. Bots will just be factored out on a actual PvP platform that we still are lacking. I have high hopes though because I love the combat and think this game has endless opportunity to make PvP amazing with in depth 10v10+ maps different objectives and rankings with prizes and a huge PvP shop. To be very very competitive. Its just not there yet.

Ranking what we have now is like having a car with a flat tire and fixing the AC. It just doesn't really make a whole lot of sense
    edited July 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    No they're not.
    Try having CW/TR bots with level 10 gear.
    They drop like flies.

They are also extremely easy to counter by simply fighting off the cap.

I still don't get the complaint about Bots and honestly don't notice them. Maybe I am to busy getting 20kills and winning to notice if my team has any. Winning!! I went Charlie Sheen there I know. I got tiger blood.
    edited July 2013
    I still don't get the complaint about Bots and honestly don't notice them. Maybe I am to busy getting 20kills and winning to notice if my team has any. Winning!! I went Charlie Sheen there I know. I got tiger blood.

I don't mind having them on my team sometimes. I'm usually winning PvPs with while my team is 1 man short, but what is really annoying me is fighting a team with 2 or 3 bots and eventually i have a boring unbalanced PvP because of it.

Getting rid of bots will atleast raise the competition to some extent, and atleast players wont rage quit all the time like it is happening now.

You probably don't have issues with them because you usually run with guildies ( since everytime i encountered you, you were with your guild mates "BlackHeart" was one of the decent TRs of your guild ) so if you join as a solo regular player, you can see the difference.
    edited July 2013
    I don't mind having them on my team sometimes. I'm usually winning PvPs with while my team is 1 man short, but what is really annoying me is fighting a team with 2 or 3 bots and eventually i have a boring unbalanced PvP because of it.

Getting rid of bots will atleast raise the competition to some extent, and atleast players wont rage quit all the time like it is happening now.

You probably don't have issues with them because you usually run with guildies ( since everytime i encountered you, you were with your guild mates "BlackHeart" was one of the decent TRs of your guild ) so if you join as a solo regular player, you can see the difference.

Yea I am actually not in his guild but I do play with him. I do a large part of solo play too because Premades just aren't tons of fun really. Sometimes I like when my team is losing when I solo join a Pug but I end up with 28kills and win in pts in a nail bitter cause at least it was exciting and fun. PvP for me is all about fun. If I am with my friends its usually at least 3 of us and sometimes we still get a bot lol. I just think this 5v5 isn't the answer and we need more maps and for all of them to be 10v10. That will alleviate a lot of frustrations in solo play I feel when joining pugs. Also I think it will just get more players involved cause 5v5 for a pug is just way to unreliable for PvP.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just add a balanced pvp mode at level cap where everyone gets Tier 1 pvp gear and no enchants/etc allowed. You will then have a choice to queue for the normal gear-based pvp bgs or skill-based bgs. Both should give rewards.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    PvP gear only will give the perma stealth rogues superiority, as it will give them huge stealth meter..and as we cant use any enchants in this case, they will 3 shot anyone.

The only reason rogues three shot people is due to the crazy gear scaling. Put everyone on an equal footing gear wise and you will not see that kind of thing unless ultimates are up or with good teamwork. The other pvp sets also give good tab slot bonuses. Taking out all enchants etc and putting people in the same gear will likely limit a lot of qq about rogues, because they will actually have to work as a team to take players down, not just stealth and CoS.

A gear-equalized bg would also allow greater insight into class balance. Having a choice of bg for people who like to rely on gear for wins, and for people who like to test their skill would satisfy the two main groups of pvp players. Enchants etc would definitely have to be removed though (in the equalized bg) because they are the main reason pvp is unbalanced and the TTK is so quick.

There is no reason to divide the community into 3 tiers of gear. Give players a choice of a skill-based non-gear dependant bg at level cap and the regular gear-based one. Its a win-win move that doesn't overly divide the pvp player base.
    edited July 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Just add a balanced pvp mode at level cap where everyone gets Tier 1 pvp gear and no enchants/etc allowed. You will then have a choice to queue for the normal gear-based pvp bgs or skill-based bgs. Both should give rewards.

Why do I get gear? Oh that's right to kill the other person with. I only do PvE farm and try to get the best gear possible so I can take that gear and kill another player with it. That's the whole point of gear. If everyone has t1 gear you then remove any reason for me to farm or do PvE. Now I just get the same boring gear as everyone else to do battle. I like having to spend some time to find gear and find a edge because that's the point in getting the gear. I mean why have great gear for show nah. I get great gear to kill that's what it was intended for.
    edited July 2013
    Why do I get gear? Oh that's right to kill the other person with. I only do PvE farm and try to get the best gear possible so I can take that gear and kill another player with it. That's the whole point of gear. If everyone has t1 gear you then remove any reason for me to farm or do PvE. Now I just get the same boring gear as everyone else to do battle. I like having to spend some time to find gear and find a edge because that's the point in getting the gear. I mean why have great gear for show nah. I get great gear to kill that's what it was intended for.

That's why I said the addition of a gear-equalized bg would be good. Then players who like to gear-up still have the option to play the normal bg so you can "get great gear to kill"; players who are more interested in skill-based pvp, or who don't have time to farm gear, or players new to pvp who want to gear up a bit before entering the gear-based bgs can play the gear-equalized bg.

Its a win-win situation, people like you get to have fun by gearing up etc, people like me get to have fun by testing our skills on a relatively level playing field. It also has other benefits I mentioned in a post above.
    edited July 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    That's why I said the addition of a gear-equalized bg would be good. Then players who like to gear-up still have the option to play the normal bg so you can "get great gear to kill"; players who are more interested in skill-based pvp, or who don't have time to farm gear, or players new to pvp who want to gear up a bit before entering the gear-based bgs can play the gear-equalized bg.

Its a win-win situation, people like you get to have fun by gearing up etc, people like me get to have fun by testing our skills on a relatively level playing field. It also has other benefits I mentioned in a post above.

Not a bad idea, i played a game before where everyone who joins PvP get their gems / armor fortification to maximum so all would get the same chances.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have one of those characters who would benefit from such a system, as my character is a Level 60 Control Wizard and currently has a low gear score and it's pretty tough for my character to get even 2 kills in a PvP match. The question I have is, how do I find the top-quality gear (I guess it is the gear with the purple borders?) without just buying it from the auction house? Is there a type of quest or dungeon or something where this class of gear constitutes the reward? Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but I don't seem to be able to create new posts.
    edited July 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    I have one of those characters who would benefit from such a system, as my character is a Level 60 Control Wizard and currently has a low gear score and it's pretty tough for my character to get even 2 kills in a PvP match. The question I have is, how do I find the top-quality gear (I guess it is the gear with the purple borders?) without just buying it from the auction house? Is there a type of quest or dungeon or something where this class of gear constitutes the reward? Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but I don't seem to be able to create new posts.

Your best Tier 2 gears are: High vizier or Shadow Weaver.

Your best Tier 1 gears are : Focal magi ( in my opinion)

Temple of the spider ( Epic) drops armor

Caverns of Karrandux (Epic) drops Bracers ( gloves)

Frozen Heart (Epic) drops slippers (boots)

Spell Plague Caverns (Epic) drops the helmet

For the best weapons , they drop in Castle never, the hardest dungeon ingame.

Here is a link for more details considering you gears :

http://www.guidesoffaerun.com/2013/06/control-wizard-t1-and-t2-sets.html

All the dungeons i mentioned are Tier 2, if you press L ingame and read the dungeon info it will let you know about all specific drops from each dungeon.

Tip: try to do dungeons while Dungeon Delves is up for more chances of getting drop exclusive to your class.
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for your reply. It seems that I don't even have Tier 1 gear. (I don't have any purple items at all.) What quests do I complete in order to get Tier 1 gear?
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for your reply. It seems that I don't even have Tier 1 gear. (I don't have any purple items at all.) What quests do I complete in order to get Tier 1 gear?

Do the tier 1 dungeons, thats the only way. Check the link i gave you it will show you all the tier 1 dungeons and what each of them drop.

Also, you can trade your Glory from PvP for Battle field purple gears, at the PvP domination shop.

You can aswell obtain Tier 1/Tier 2 gears from the GauntlGrym Phase 3 Tier 1/Tier 2 dungeons.

Like wise for the GauntlGrym gears, they are obtainable via the GauntlGrym shop using your " Grym Coins".
    edited July 2013
    The Tier 1 dungeons are the "Epic Dungeons", is that right?

Speaking of Gauntylgrym, how does one complete a Gauntylgrym quest? I completed the "talk to the recruiters" quest and I chose "hmm I will think about it" for both recruiters, does that mean I am screwed now?
    edited July 2013
    The Tier 1 dungeons are the "Epic Dungeons", is that right?

Speaking of Gauntylgrym, how does one complete a Gauntylgrym quest? I completed the "talk to the recruiters" quest and I chose "hmm I will think about it" for both recruiters, does that mean I am screwed now?

Tier 1 and Tier 2 dungeons are always labeled "Epic".

The ones that are not labeled "Epic" don't drop any tier 1 nor tier 2.

About gauntlgrym, you can find answers here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?343741-Kevrlet-s-Guide-to-Gauntlgrym&highlight=GauntlGrym+guide
    edited July 2013
    Okay, thanks for the link.

What does "immune to CC" mean?
  • lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited July 2013
    Hi folks!

Dipping in to say that we are looking into PvP queue improvements. Can't give an ETA when they will be live, but will hopefully address much of the "Yay I'm level 60! Time for PvP!" ... "Oh god, the Omega 60s are crushing me." issues that are currently present.

Thanks for posting!
  • lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited July 2013
    Okay, thanks for the link.

What does "immune to CC" mean?

This means Crowd Control Immune. So things that daze you, knock you down, reduce your speed etc have no effect on you.
    The most common source of this comes from the Great Weapon Fighter's Unstoppable class power.
    edited July 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Hi folks!

Dipping in to say that we are looking into PvP queue improvements. Can't give an ETA when they will be live, but will hopefully address much of the "Yay I'm level 60! Time for PvP!" ... "Oh god, the Omega 60s are crushing me." issues that are currently present.

Thanks for posting!

Cool thanks for informing us. :)
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »
    This means Crowd Control Immune. So things that daze you, knock you down, reduce your speed etc have no effect on you.
    The most common source of this comes from the Great Weapon Fighter's Unstoppable class power.

Not entirely true. You can still be snared (slowed movement) while in Unstoppable mode.