test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do players want GWF as a party Member for Castle Never?

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I got kicked again from a CN group by my own guildmates today, because they forgot I was a GWF and I wanted to go to CN.

So yeah GWF are obviously not fixed if players still refuse to bring them to Castle Never. it is just not fair that we have such a hard time finding a CN group and usuelly when I do they are just ring farming.

So I ask the player base now, Do GWF have a party role in CN? Do they contribute anything to the party that cannot be done by another class?
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's a shame, especially from your own guild mates.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No.. GWF > TR/GF I think your guildmate is stupid as ****. Said by a GF. :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Agreed, GWF's are more dps than TR's, especially if the wizard uses singularity often enough. Said by a wizard :P
  • Options
    masonicgunkatamasonicgunkata Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't take a GWF anywhere.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Taking a gwf is like picking the kid who can't play kick ball for your team, you know your team is going to lose but hey whats worse? Offending them or losing?
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed, GWF's are more dps than TR's

This is just wrong. Trying to kill a Spell Plague Spawning Pit by himself almost makes my GWF want to cut himself. Trying to kill bosses without a TR is depressingly long.

The last patch made GWF better, but there still needs to be a few more changes before we're considered as viable as some of the other classes. Fixing Sprint seems like a big one.
  • Options
    iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a little vague tbh, not enough options.

If I have 2 CW's that know how to knock perfectly, I don't care what the 5th class is (assuming 1TR & 1DC).

We've run with everything in the last spot and it largely doesn't make a difference as long as the core 4 know what they're doing.
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GWFs don't bring anything unique or necessary to a group. No one goes out of there way to "LF1M T2 GWF" in PE because you can replace them. Sure they MAY be handy to have but you NEED a TR for boss dps, you NEED a GF to tank, you NEED a DC to heal, and you NEED (sometimes 2) a CW to push adds off cliffs. You don't NEED a GWF for anything. It's the problem with being a "hybrid" class the way things are currently balanced. If anything, a GWF shouldn't NEED any other class. Give us the ability to solo entire dungeons by ourselves. 5-man GWF teams should clear content just as fast as normal parties. The other classes do fine without us.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No 'i don't mind a gwf or another dps class' option?
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    In terms of single target dps: GF=TR > CW > GWF (TR might get ahead in stationary boss + long fight)
    In terms of Aoe dps: GF > GWF > CW > TR

Now you know why people don't prefer taking GWFs, however, they are still very viable. Honestly, Cleric, 3 CW, GF is the best party possible.

(You don't need any tanks in this game)
  • Options
    ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clearing trash to draco GWFs are handy i guess... during the draco fight, they're next to useless
  • Options
    drclawisdeaddrclawisdead Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you are getting kicked by your own guild it may be time to find a new guild sorry to say.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you are getting kicked by your own guild it may be time to find a new guild sorry to say.

Yeah if you get kicked by your own guild members it's time to find another guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »

Not sure what game you are playing but I've done all the dungeons and I'm gear capped completely. I have never been beaten in dps by any class as a TR. Ever. A GWF is very useful for gathering up adds with the CW and face tanking the group. But dps wise, not even close.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    In terms of single target dps: GF > TR > CW > GWF (TR might get ahead in stationary boss + long fight)
    In terms of Aoe dps: GF > GWF > CW > TR

Now you know why people don't prefer taking GWFs, however, they are still very viable. Honestly, Cleric, 3 CW, GF is the best party possible.

(You don't need any tanks in this game)

Really? You must play with some terrible TR's then. Don't get me wrong, GF dps is pretty solid. Too good for a tank in fact. The damage a GF does SHOULD be the damage a GWF does. But saying that a GF out dps' a TR is false. I run CN at least 3-5 times a day (Try to anyway, usually 2-3), and I'm always a few million ahead of the GF. The problem is that the TR is a popular class, which means it has a lot of players. Some of those players know how to maximize dps, but the majority do not. A good TR will always out dps a good GF. However, a good GF will out dps a bad TR. The GF dps needs to be brought down anyway considering the shear amount of survival they have. Having the second best dps, highest mitigations, and the most hps is not a balanced class.
  • Options
    rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A -tank- GWF is a good addition to a CN team (dracolich). Or a GF. Not both. If you are a damage specced GWF, the simple truth is that you do less dmg than a TR, so spec tank and be useful. Only the damage you do to the dracolich counts, all the adds are going off the side. 'X' is only for patting your own back. And only the Dracolich fight counts, because anyone can stumble their way through CN without killing the actual boss, the hard part.

Yes this does mean that one of each class is off the table with the current class balance. Not that you can't bring all 5, but it will be sub-optimal.
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Speaking as a CW and DC if the GWF knows the importance of Come and Get It, then I'd seriously consider bringing him along.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I really do wish that one of each class was the optimal way. GF on boss, TR dps boss, CW gather/lock adds, GWF destroy adds, and the DC keeps everyone in the fight. Would be awesome to see such group synergy in this game. Hopefully the devs listen to the players and fix what needs fixing. Until then however, the meta game for group content is flawed.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its amazing how GF went from "theyre autokicked out of any t2 instance" to "theyre way OP in PvE and PvP, nerf them!"

Fact is that Conqueror GF is kinda powerful, they have great survivality and huge front cone AoE damage, while having also group buffs and now good threat that allows them to actually be able to manage agro. The front cone AoE united to Plaguefire enchants makes us do a gazillion damage and be really close to TRs by the end of dungeons, but still TR single target DPS is ABSOLUTELY needed to finish T2 and OBV CN.

GWF otoh...Yeah, they're now better, more fun to play, and can do a huge ton of AoE dmg, single target dmg and some CC, but the problem they have is... there are really really few good players on GWF, poorly specced, weirdly equiped, most players dont know how to play their role (trying to out tank the tank or out rogue the rogues aint good), because let's be honest here, most people wwho arent experienced in MMOs but like fantasy games just "pick the warrior of the huge sword".

I love to have a good player on a good GWF toon... but those are few.
  • Options
    kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The GWF is a poorly designed class. An AoE-centric damage dealer that has a target cap of 5? An AoE-centric damage dealer that has a damage penalty for every target hit over the first? A 'tanking' spec that has poor threat generation, and DPS specs that deal poor damage, compared to TRs and CWs. This class is a mutant baby from an unholy union between a cat and a dog.

PvP balance issues aside, because PvP seems like a lost cause in this game, GWFers need more damage. They need a bit more damage on single targets and they need a lot more AoE damage. Given that TRs are almost totally single target, CWs have a lot more control over mobs (both single and group) than GWFers ever could and that they are ranged, it seems only fair that GWFs be the undisputed kings of AoE damage. A baseline damage bonus (not penalty) for hitting more than 1 target, the removal of the target cap, and a buffing of the at-wills would certainly help DPS GWFs contribute to groups like they are supposed to, by making things die faster, and contribute at the same level as the other 2 DPS classes. The tank spec needs more threat for sure, and probably some other changes as well, but I think threat is their primary concern.

Bottom line, GWFs need to be made actually GOOD at whatever they spec as, either DPS or tank, not this current state of ultra halfhearted garbage.
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just spent 3 hours trying to make my Own CN group, I had 5 wizards that I invited leave the group because I was a GWF, the other wizards that left didnt say but they might of left jsut because someone else was leaving... So I am done. I am officaly done with this game until my main class is playable, I just can't take it anymore, I put out alot to promote the GWF and to try and get it fixed but my biggest concern the fact that GWFs do not have a role in the party was never adressed. Even there threat was not improved enough i nthe last patch for them to be a viable tank.

So I'll be back if the GWF gets some good party buffs, So parties really really want a GWF's buffs like they want a clerics Astral shield
    Or Is given knock powers on par with the CW so they can play the add game too
    Or Adds in the game are universally nerfed so CW's are not needed to fling enemies off cliffs and DPSing adds down can actuall be done during boss fights, I'm looking at you FH and CN
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A lot of people are still ignorant about recent changes. The class is leagues ahead of what it was before the last patch.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah class is leagues ahead it actually gets to go to T2 dungeons, unlike before where every other group I saw with GWF someone complained about there being a GWF or just outright kicking the GWF or leaving the group.

It's not hard to Be leagues beyond the horrible sate teh GWF used to be in. But it still has no function in a group. Currently I look at the poll here and Only 5 people voted for I think GWF is an essential member of the group..... So HOW? ar ethey essential? what do they do that is not essily replaced by another class in Castle Never? GWF are only good at fighting things weaker than themselves that cant really hurt them. But even a GWF in full Titan set and standing in AS can get overwhelmed by the adds in CN and killed if the wizards are not throuwing the mobs off cliffs.

And that is the GWFs best trait now survivability, but it brings nothing to the group so other players really dont want a GWF when they need wizards to throw things off cliffs, Clerics to heal, and Rogues to kill bosses. Maybe a GF to tank if they dont have enough wizards to keep mobs of the cleric and rogue.

I look at the polls and see 45% of people that say No to GWF being in a group and it only takes one party member to leave a group to destroy your party. So how long does it take to weed out 45% of the gaming comunity that does not like a class just so you can have a party. And that party may be doomed to fail because they are ignoreant as to why poeple dont take GWFS to CN in the first place.
  • Options
    dirfingedirfinge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Yes the Gwf. is better at dps and can be very hard, but Tr. well played is better because it goes unnoticed and can do constant damage. Being chosen by beginners class sharply lowering its prestige, but that happens in all the games.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont care WHAT class you play, if your guild booted you, two things are possible. Either you did something that upset your guild, or your guild should be ashamed of itself. If the latter, I'd definitely find another guild.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Plenty of room for improvement although we're much better than pre-patch. Farfig is right, though; there's no real role for GWFs. Fifth wheel on a car when the other four are perfectly fine. May be a suitable spare in emergencies but you're better off replacing it with a real tire :D
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you don't know your role then why are you playing a GWF, really? While GWFs do seem limited when it comes to CN and a few other dungeons, I know a few good GWFs who hold themselves responsible for insta-killing dangerous mobs than spawn during particular boss fights like the black wolves in Gray Wolf Den. I know a few good GWFs who take it upon themselves to spam Come and Get it/Slam/etc whenever mobs start adding up during particular boss encounters like Pirate King's Lair. I know GWFs who coordinate their attacks so they use their abilities right when the CW is busy charging up AP for Singularity or when the Cleric's AS is down. Pre-patch I knew a few good GWFs who were somehow able to pull off dailies one after the other. I'm guessing atm though they're hurting like every other reduced CD-dependent build in the game, and that power CD fix patch should really be implemented ASAP.

Basically, the only appealing thing about GWFs is how they could reliably DPS while at the same time protecting their party mates, or making up for their deficiencies. Take that away, and you are basically a rogue or CW wannabe. And you will never be better than them at what they do.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    inexist wrote: »
    Really? You must play with some terrible TR's then. Don't get me wrong, GF dps is pretty solid. Too good for a tank in fact. The damage a GF does SHOULD be the damage a GWF does. But saying that a GF out dps' a TR is false. I run CN at least 3-5 times a day (Try to anyway, usually 2-3), and I'm always a few million ahead of the GF. The problem is that the TR is a popular class, which means it has a lot of players. Some of those players know how to maximize dps, but the majority do not. A good TR will always out dps a good GF. However, a good GF will out dps a bad TR. The GF dps needs to be brought down anyway considering the shear amount of survival they have. Having the second best dps, highest mitigations, and the most hps is not a balanced class.

That's funny. Before the patch that nerfed TRs I was playing with literally the best geared rogues with the highest dps and I was still outdpsing by 5-10M on CN. On Draco I would get behind 500k and now they got nerfed (on top of this, my single target gear - non stalwart - was **** at the time).

Honestly, dps GF has always been op. People either build wrong or play it wrong.

Right now TRs might be SLIGHTLY ahead in single target, but in AoE they get absolutely crushed. I average 40-60k dps in CN and peak 150-200k.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find it ironic that in a game where people complain about too many adds in boss encounters that the class that is best at wrecking shop on trash with AOE DPS is not desired in groups.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    I find it ironic that in a game where people complain about too many adds in boss encounters that the class that is best at wrecking shop on trash with AOE DPS is not desired in groups.

A lot of CWs are **** and don't use the infinite blackhole spec correctly. AoE dps is still needed, it's just GWF lacks too much single target.