test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Medieval--Recruiting Mature Gamers

Comments

• runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    thedrakkos wrote: »
    That's the problem with dignifying petulant manchildren.

Just say no.

Evening folks.

If one guy has a problem with you, its that guy. If two guys have a problem with you, maybe its still them. If everyone says you're the problem, congrats, you're the problem.

Handle it. Its the mature thing to do.

Not being a fit isn't the main issue, the poor way of handling it and no communication whatsoever is. Just admit it, it's the mature thing to do.

Using the "everyone" -card when it's not nearly "everyone" ( despite the number probably growing for what I say, but in my position that's not really a concern ) is something the "manchildren" often do to enforce their own argument. Next to that, it's a fact I only ever actually played with 5 people, of which all said in a thread they had a positive experience.

Calling others names is immature, and against your guilds rules and system, that you say you take very seriously. So please stop trying to uphold that illusion of maturity and integrity about yourself. You also preach about positive attitude; on the guild forums most of your own posts are critizing or negative in nature, even elitist. Just don't.

Another point made is negative comments; I only ever made negative comments about Neverwinter as a game, and Path of Exile being a solo game, making it hard to group. This was deemed perfectly allowed in the last page, yet it must've been this, because its the only negative feedback I gave. I never was negative about any guildmember, and being concerned isn't negativity. Your thread for example, was full of negativity regarding the game, lockboxes and more; yet you didn't suffer for that. This shows lack of integrity.

In a nutshell:

Reason: Negative feedback - Only gave feedback regarding games - Allowed to do so - Only played with 5 people that reported a positive experience on forums - Others giving negative feedback about games is fine.

Conclusion: Something has obviously come out of nowhere, or out of prejudice without having any actual knowledge, or there just hasn't been any integrity whatsoever.

Next to that, I've had an officer admit afterwards that there was heavy misinterpretation involved in the whole ordeal, and that he let someone else handle the communication, but should've done it himself. Also said that the "being concerned" -thread got out of hand, and that it wasn't my fault. I also have a realmlord ( or whatever ) plain saying the whole thing didn't make any sense to him/her.

And then there's a couple of higher up individuals repeating themselves like broken records about a system that works, not admitting to anything. Hilarious. I just wish you'd atleast admit something went wrong and the whole thing was handled badly, since others with atleast some form of authority and credibility within the guild already have, after it all happened though, not before. But please, don't try to turn it around by saying you knew about that ( or even made that happen, could see that one coming ) because I know for a fact you didn't back then if even now, and it has nothing to do with your "system." All these points just prove there is much to improve regarding integrity, since there are many paradoxal details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the bump I guess. We've had exactly one person voted out for Neverwinter, and it's overall a rare occurrence. If anything, I should have acted more swiftly when the first negative reports came in. Something to keep in mind in the future. Anyone can post in this thread of course, but we make every effort to make our environment in-game and on our forums a pleasant one.

We're up to 146 members playing NW, but there's always room for more like-minded individuals. Operators are standing by.
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
  • thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Evening folks.
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the bump I guess. We've had exactly one person voted out for Neverwinter, and it's overall a rare occurrence. If anything, I should have acted more swiftly when the first negative reports came in. Something to keep in mind in the future. Anyone can post in this thread of course, but we make every effort to make our environment in-game and on our forums a pleasant one.

We're up to 146 members playing NW, but there's always room for more like-minded individuals. Operators are standing by.

"Let's just ignore all the valid points and act as if everything was handled according to our advertised values, while even some of our own officers say otherwise. Let's also refrain from directly answering any questions since obviously we dont have answers that wouldn't contradict us."

"It'll be fine" - "Don't worry" - "Have fun" - Banned.

Courtesy & Fair play.

Would be great seeing those negative reports, since it would probably prove either that they originated from criticism towards games which is allowed, or from people who never had any actual interaction with me since I only played with 5 people ( and all reported a positive experience in a thread. I don't think those 5 people gave negative feedback from me -or if they did, the guild would emphasize an atmosphere of stabbing people in the back? ) But probably for that reason it's not gonna happen anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • linuxx40linuxx40 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    Good morning all!!

Got another level this morning before work. I also got a regular dog from the event.

Steeler/Icepick
  • thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Morning folks.

Please don't feed trolls. Trolls will be trolls. Feeding trolls just encourages them, and you can't win against a troll.

Ignore them, they go back to their bridge.

www.guildmedieval.com

• verdencampaignverdencampaign Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I joined a few weeks ago, and can say that it's one of the most welcoming and mature-minded communities I've ever taken part in. Members are always willing to help others and do stuff together, and Mumble is enjoyable at nearly all hours. Plus, multiple game branches lets you mix things up.

If you're looking for a permanent home minus the trash talking and 'omg I'm so edgy' mentalities, this is your guild.
  • khaoswolf2khaoswolf2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bumping this up. I am a newer member here and I can say I love this guild. They have all been friendly, welcoming and there to help. I have never logged on to less than 10 people online and playing at all times of the day.

So if your looking for a fun, responsible, play at your own pace guild(you wont be kicked out if you cant make the raid/dungeon run) than this may be a good fit for you.
    Looking for a great guild?

www.guildmedieval.com
  • lecreusetlecreuset Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A little bump for the interested folks out there! Whether you are a hardened veteran or a complete newbie in the game, please don't hesitate to check us out :)
  • baalah1baalah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    do you need a virtual family?, do you love doing runs with fellow guild members?, do you enjoy forums that are helpful, funny, informative ( and some silly stuff too) then take a GOOD look at us/ We are Guild Medieval .

www.guildmedieval.com ( we don't bite, honestly)
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
  • meatwagon01meatwagon01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is truly a friendly helpful guild. I joined just a few weeks ago and have had nothing short of a positive experience. Everyone has been extremely helpful. From scheduled events to impromptu dungeon delves or if you just want to lounge around on Mumble. I do believe I have found a guild I will be with for the rest of my gaming days.
    edited June 2013
    Evening folks.

www.guildmedieval.com

edited June 2013
    thedrakkos wrote: »
    Morning folks.

Please don't feed trolls. Trolls will be trolls. Feeding trolls just encourages them, and you can't win against a troll.

Ignore them, they go back to their bridge.

Your strategy of dismissing me as a troll is an unlogical one, since I'm not factually trolling. Nice attempt ( among others to try take weight off what I say and possibly avoid carrying any responsibility for your actions ) nevertheless.

I can see what you're doing here; You did things that in no way resemble your guilds values, and now by vaurious forms of dismissal you're making me look uncredible, because I'm unhappy about said things. It's easy to look credible by not responding to an unhappy person. It might work for outsiders, but we both know it still happened. Being unhappy about being treated poorly is not immature.

What I'd like ( instead of trolling ) is:

-You to admit communications were handled poorly. I received no message until afterwards why this all happened, and for that I had to do some digging by myself. An officer has admitted this, why don't you?

-You to admit that in your guild peoples private messages can be shared openly without the member being told about it. Is there any privacy in your guild?

-You to admit that no communication was ever attempted regarding the misinterpreted sentence, which apparently had a big effect. There was misinterpretation involved, an officer has admitted it to me directly.

-You to show me the negative feedback, which isn't related to or doesn't originate from criticism towards a game, or from being concerned, and comes from people that actually played with me. A Realm Lord has told me very plain and simple, that on my case it didn't make any sense. An officer has said the thread inwhich I was concerned got out of hand and that it wasn't my fault.

-You to answer the question if being told that everything is fine, you should have fun and the next thing you know is being banned promotes your guilds values such as courtesy and fair play.

-You to answer me why you claim I received no positive feedback, when I even pointed out the thread inwhich positive feedback was given. It's in the LFG part of your guild forums, title related to either Mad Dragon or Pirate King, created by Blyssfulchaos. I expect there arent tens of them there with these limiting details, shouldn't be hard to find.

If you can't admit the abovementioned points and answer these questions, I'm afraid folks that while the guild has its good sides;

-Your private messages can be shared without you knowing about it on the guild forums ( it already happened, no point in trying to deny this can't happen. )

-You can get negative feedback that can get you banned by criticizing a game, while it should be and is allowed of higher ranked members.

-You can get negative feedback that can get you banned from people who have never actually had interaction with you within the guild.

-You can be told that everything is fine, and just have fun ( even by the guild leaders ) and realize you're banned a few days afterwards without any message given to you, or any communication done with you to fix any possible issues.

-You can get told the reason is no positive feedback, even if it's there -it's plain dismissed and shows a lack of integrity.

These are all facts that actually happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • olonar2olonar2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well i am really enjoying my time in the guild. The relaxed atmosphere and the kindness and respect for everybody is just great.

I am so glad i found the guild and i like being able to be just myself.

Its a bunch of great people that have found something great.

Its like a comepletly different gaming experience. You turn of zone chat and are suddenly able to only play with nice and friendly people who over time become friends.
  • linuxx40linuxx40 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    Morning all!!

Well i got to level 57 this morning before work, should get to 60 this weekend!!
    edited June 2013
    NUDGE, gotta help keep GM on front page :p
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
    edited June 2013
    Morning folks.

www.guildmedieval.com

• malekrothmalekroth Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guild Medieval is a great community of people. I m definately glad of making the choice to apply!
  • evinaraevinara Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've really been enjoying being part of this guild. I love that my real-world priorities can always be first without apology, and that my kids can hear voice-chat without me cringing. I'm not a power-gamer, and I have 3 children 5 and under, so I don't have the time or desire to read and memorize page after page of gear and builds. Guildies are always happy to point me in the right direction for specific needs and answer questions about game mechanics. Way to go Guild Medieval!
    edited June 2013
    Evening folks.

www.guildmedieval.com

• eag1e67eag1e67 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good Morning all on this fine rain soaked day :)
  • lecreusetlecreuset Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lil bump for anyone interested out there! :)
    edited June 2013
    Morning folks.

<3 GGG.

www.guildmedieval.com

edited June 2013
    starts singing a Village People song--- points at all NON guild players/ We want you, we want you for a new recruit in the guild!!! we want YOU , for a new recruit... ( he he he) ( yes im giving away some age by remembering that song from the 70s; who else remembers it? )
    edited June 2013
    Evening folks.

www.guildmedieval.com

• omnitopomnitop Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This sounds like an awesome guild. I just started today, but i am planning on applying to join this guild soon. Just need to get more time enjoying the game before getting into the guild system. I read your policies and what you want in a new recruit, but i still have a question or two. I know you wrote that you are looking for mature people, but just to make sure, are you okay with someone applying to join after a day or two of starting the game, but is mature in-game as he his out? My other question is, i am playing on MindFlayer, do guilds get to have members on any server, or do you have to be on the same one? I also hear that there may be a merger, so if possible i don't want to start over with another server. I will apply once i get a response.
  • errguroerrguro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi there omnitop, when we say we are looking for mature people it has nothing to do with the game or even age, is more like a behaviour premiss ;) you must understand, we are not a normal game guild, we exist on our forums, and we have organized branches on several games (like NW), we are very strict about our rules, and we enforce them thoroughly.
    We are a group of people with similar interests and we aim to have fun and to support each other.

In NW we play on the server Beholder, if you wish to join us I advise you to make a new char in this server (I don't know when the merge will happen), don't worry about your char level, we are not looking for experienced gamers (we have many already) we are looking for good people with similar interests. If you were lvl 60 or closer, you would find more guild runs to group with, but in NW you can solo easily to lvl 60, and when you reach lvl 56 there will be always someone ready to help you to power lvl to 60, and we also have players with chars on lower levels that can join your quest for epic content.
    Err Guro@Portuga666
    Errguro@Portuga666

Hakuna Matata
    ;)
    http://guildmedieval.com/
    edited June 2013
    Morning folks.

"Mature" is not an R-rating, "mature" is the ability to carry yourself in a conversation in a friendly and respectful manner, to play with others in a manner that will have them wanting you back, and to treat others as you would have yourself be treated, were you treated well.

"Mature", as in "kind and decent", as opposed to being a certain age, and knowing the definition of all the naughty words.

www.guildmedieval.com

• satchmo23satchmo23 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just started playing this game Friday and I'm really enjoying myself. I'm an old gamer. Grew up on PnP D&D. First ever MMO I played was EQ1 and flat out loved it. Loved it for many reasons, but most importantly was the guild I was in. We had fun, we accomplished goals, and always helped each other out. We would celebrate when we accomplished things, and laugh, lick our wounds, and gear up again when we wiped. Cursing all the way back to our corpses. lol

Just got done reading your rules and policies and think I would like to join. I've got a 15th level rouge that I'm still in the process of learning. First time I've played a thief/rouge in an MMO. Always play a ranger/archer type character, as that was my first ever character back in the day in DnD.
    edited June 2013
    Morning folks.

We're always recruiting, and requirements are strict. Feel free to submit an application on our site.

www.guildmedieval.com

This discussion has been closed.