test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bone vendor is gone

124»

Comments

• sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    teircen wrote: »
    They've already said they'll be putting the vendor back in.

Apparently the vendor was tied to the event so when the event timer ended he, along with everything else, went poof. They need to patch a change in to place the vendor back in without the rest of the event.

Hopefully this is reviewed as a learning experience to move forward with. They certainly received ample feedback from the player base on it. :)

Yea. It was responded pretty early but people don't read ;)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • sabettesabette Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Spend your event related currency before the event ends is normal way of the world...I made sure I spent all mine last night before I logged.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Getting mad about the event vendor leaving after the event has expired is like getting mad at McDonalds because they wouldn't serve you a burger after closing time.
  • rionnagrionnag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, they need a new build of the game and another maintenance cycle to add this NPC back in for a short time? What an effort. How about this instead, add the barter items from Mako's Apprentice as options on the "always in game" Rewards Claim Agent. I'd have to guess it would be easier to add six items to his "store" inventory then add the apprentice for a short while.
  • suddled420suddled420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every MMO that I played that had special event currency, always had the vendor stay after the event ends so people are not left with something they cannot spend. There is no reason to not add a special event vendor permanently or at the very least, 1 week after any event ends. Please bring it back so I can spend the last few bones I still have, thank you.
  • jethrobearjethrobear Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have over 100 bones left and was hoping to trade them in after the final portal event. but then the server shut down immediately instead of giving time to get to the vendor. what was the point of the last event if there was no possibility of trading in loot? i spent a lot of time over the last few days participating in what was often a rather unsatisfactory event due to server overload and now have a useless pile of bones and some scrolls as reward. bugger!
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jethrobear wrote: »
    i have over 100 bones left and was hoping to trade them in after the final portal event. but then the server shut down immediately instead of giving time to get to the vendor. what was the point of the last event if there was no possibility of trading in loot? i spent a lot of time over the last few days participating in what was often a rather unsatisfactory event due to server overload and now have a useless pile of bones and some scrolls as reward. bugger!

When you look at this thread in the forum. You can see a little red PW mark on it. You can click that and go straight to the dev response. In which they already said they are adding the bone vendor (the apprentice) back in.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think a notice ahead of time would have been nice.

So you've got a bone to pick with them?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • tekarutekaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rionnag wrote: »
    Wow, they need a new build of the game and another maintenance cycle to add this NPC back in for a short time? What an effort. How about this instead, add the barter items from Mako's Apprentice as options on the "always in game" Rewards Claim Agent. I'd have to guess it would be easier to add six items to his "store" inventory then add the apprentice for a short while.

That was the first place I looked, the Rewards Claim Agent. It just makes logical sense if the Event vendor is gone, that they'd add the special items to his inventory.

It's funny the apologists and defenders of this happening. Who can even play at 9am? I was planning to buy stuff when I got home from work, and poof, he's gone.
  • pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Makos' Assistant, right? He'll be back after maintenance -- patch notes here.
  • yellersumneryellersumner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Makos' Apprentice will return for a limited time so hold onto those bones. We need a new game build (and maintenance) to add him back.
    Glad to hear it. Felt generally bad for anyone who missed it as the sun came out and the vendor faded away.
    edited June 2013
    Glad to hear it. Felt generally bad for anyone who missed it as the sun came out and the vendor faded away.

... vampire? :D
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013

Shadovar Spy!
  • healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013

(*^▽^) That actually make sense. Only undead would want bones.

Thanks for another chance at turning in bones!
    edited June 2013
    healhappy wrote: »
    (*^▽^) That actually make sense. Only undead would want bones.

Thanks for another chance at turning in bones!

Glad we could help!
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Because limited event vendor would stay after the event is gone, right?
    You have to have absolutely no common sense to expect otherwise, its not like you needed 500 bones for something, so there was no point hauling them.

Fanboi's humping the devs leg again....
  • onejellydoughnutonejellydoughnut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Did they blocked your account so you won't spent bones before you logged out for night?
    No?
    Then its your own fault for having no common sense.

No but some people don't live in the US, and your play time (not taking into consideration that you may not work, be a dole bludger that plays mmo's all day, or work shift work) is our night time, get home from work on a Friday arvo ready for a couple hours of this game only to see the vendor has been removed.

Just because you spent yours doesn't mean you can be an ****** canoe to others.
  • ivebeenionizedivebeenionized Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for bringing back the event trader for a limited time.
  • crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, turned in my bones just now. Thx!
  • czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    crystal7j wrote: »
    Yep, turned in my bones just now. Thx!

Where is he at? Same place as before?
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    czarkazm wrote: »

Yes same place just not showing on the map....

Seems the little things are an issue for PWE
  • karmicooziekarmicoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    czarkazm wrote: »

And for those of us who don't know "where he was before?" Because attempting to find Makos' Assistant's location has taken up the better part of an hour this evening....still haven't found him or the information online anywhere.