test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bone vendor is gone

zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I think a notice ahead of time would have been nice.
Post edited by zombieelvis on

Comments

• Options
    linuxx40linuxx40 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    well keep the bones they dont take up any space. They might come back in another event
  • Options
    kielwindsongkielwindsong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good thing there wasn't really anything worth spending them on, I guess.
  • Options
    danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have to be kidding.... They need to bring it back so we can spend what we have.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Boo, how anticlimactic.

Sun just comes out vendors disappear. Too bright now, I want more public event mobs, that was fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because limited event vendor would stay after the event is gone, right?
    You have to have absolutely no common sense to expect otherwise, its not like you needed 500 bones for something, so there was no point hauling them.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    danxbx wrote: »
    You have to be kidding.... They need to bring it back so we can spend what we have.

Exactly! WTF kind of stupid **** is this? No warning that "hey we're gonna take this **** away as soon as we end our horrifically timed event."

Everyone should go here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?347111-End-of-Neverwinter-Open-Beta-Week-long-Events! and post about bringing the **** vendors back
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They said the event would end today at 9 am PST. With maintenance at 7 am PST, any intelligent person could safely assume you would need to visit the bone vendor to spend your bones before the maintenance. There was a server full of people doing just that at 7 am PST, right up until the servers disconnected.
  • Options
    herpderp111herpderp111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, ending the event... sure... not letting us spend the junk we've built up over the past couple days... not cool.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know they said the event ends at 9am PST, but I would like to have seen the vendor stick around afterwards. Several other MMOs do this with their vendors after events.
  • Options
    vashwixvashwix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 on this
  • Options
    syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There was even a system announcement that portals would be opening in 1 minute right before the sun came out again ending the event, so how were we to know when exactly it would end. How are you to trade in the final items you got if the vendors disappear right away?
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • Options
    psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    luckily I spent most of my bones before today's maintenance, but then I got 18 more bones after maintenance and I would like to spend them too. Oh well
  • Options
    leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Even I thought to spend all my bones last night before logging...and I am a <Bad Word>....
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would make some sense for the vendor to hang around trading for a day or two after the end of the event.
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    They said the event would end today at 9 am PST. With maintenance at 7 am PST, any intelligent person could safely assume you would need to visit the bone vendor to spend your bones before the maintenance. There was a server full of people doing just that at 7 am PST, right up until the servers disconnected.

Where was it written, according to the calender its 21st june 12am.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would make some sense for the vendor to hang around trading for a day or two after the end of the event.

Indeed. I spent all my bones last night on those **** dogs but still, people have lives. They can't be expected to time their play around a game and with a special event of limited time, it would be wise to give folks a few days to cash in their bones they spent all that time accumulating. It doesn't harm anything to leave the vendor there for a while. This is standard practice in other games I've played that hold events like this and it's just common sense.

Thankfully, gateway is back up so I must now return to crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    jerica81jerica81 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    #1, how about an warning on the screen about the event ending in oh say 5 min so we can get to the vendor before it miraculously disappears and we get stuck not being able to turn in bones for a halfway decent enchantment.
    #2 Why not leave the vendor there for 24 hours after so us who do have bones still can turn them in from fighting in this event. Its not like anyone else can use it, it's only for us.
    #3 Bring back the **** vendor for a time and this time TELL US!!!
  • Options
    sarranspsarransp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ugh, just ugh. I've never participated in an event in an mmo were the vendors for special items disappeared the same moment the event ended, I am sure this happens in mmo all the time but this is a completely foreign situation for me.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, ending the event... sure... not letting us spend the junk we've built up over the past couple days... not cool.

Did they blocked your account so you won't spent bones before you logged out for night?
    No?
    Then its your own fault for having no common sense.
  • Options
    ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There was even a system announcement that portals would be opening in 1 minute right before the sun came out again ending the event, so how were we to know when exactly it would end. How are you to trade in the final items you got if the vendors disappear right away?

Exactly. And the time left on the calendar was screwed up from day one. Who knew what was going on anyways? Not having the vendors stick around even for a little while, or at least saying "we are removing them at 9am.." would have been fine. Its called communication, and apparently this game company sucks at it.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'd have liked to have been able to cash in the bones I collected right up til the point the event actually ended. I cashed in the majority of what I had last night but having it disappear five minutes after the last portal closed was just ugh....
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ontonan wrote: »
    Exactly. And the time left on the calendar was screwed up from day one. Who knew what was going on anyways? Not having the vendors stick around even for a little while, or at least saying "we are removing them at 9am.." would have been fine. Its called communication, and apparently this game company sucks at it.

If they want to have a calender in game thats fine, but make sure its updated!
  • Options
    ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had 57 unopened bags. No dog, but hell, knowing this they probably disabled the dog being able to drop after 9am as well. >:|
  • Options
    yungligenyungligen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What's the point of letting us fight to the end if we cant cash in the rewards after it has ended.
  • Options
    shrivanashrivana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Did they blocked your account so you won't spent bones before you logged out for night?
    No?

Since the ending of the event was clearly announced, I do agree there was time for everyone to sell the majority of the bones they had. However, Neverwinter should have put more effort into the ending of the event with a warning to those who do not check the website or Facebook as often as others. Not to mention it was a poor idea on their part to end the access to the venders when there was an event just a few minutes before the very end and the included false announcement of a portal opening right at the end of the event.

I was not anticipating Neverwinter's complete removal of event vendors, seeing as there was no warning that once the event went offline there would be no way to spend the rewards. A vast majority of MMO's allow a last minute trade with vendors for a few hours if not a day afterwards. NeverWinter should simply go back and open up the vender for the remaining bones that are occupying players inventory space. I'm sure Neverwinter will resolve this issues considering how many complaints they are receiving and they have been very loyal and listen to our feedback. Just be patient and make sure that you inform Neverwinter that you would appreciate having the vendors return for a bit to trade bones, which will most likely never be used again.
  • Options
    hawksm00rhawksm00r Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    No?

Not every person has played games where events are dealt with in this manner, some of them do actually leave vendors in place for special events, occasionally they even leave them in place permanently. It's not unbelievable that some players might not be used to this sort of thing. Try having a little courtesy instead of being insulting and generally unhelpful.

Players that have bags of bones that have not been redeemed should keep them in the bank. The devs may either put a new vendor in place in the next few days, due to a lack if some player's understanding, or (like several others have stated) the bones may be used in another event. The bones have not disappeared from the currency tab, nor have the bags disappeared from inventory, so it's a safe bet they may be useful in the future. It's possible Valindra may launch another assault in the near future as well.
  • Options
    mamatankmamatank Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    I just logged in today to see about spending the bones I had accumulated during the event.

I wasn't excited about the event, but I've been increasingly frustrated with the online gambling aspect of this game overall. This disappearing vendor nonsense is a good a final straw as anything I guess. It's a horribly mismanaged game and I'm officially done now.
  • Options
    sarranspsarransp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hawksm00r wrote: »
    Not every person has played games where events are dealt with in this manner, some of them do actually leave vendors in place for special events, occasionally they even leave them in place permanently. It's not unbelievable that some players might not be used to this sort of thing. Try having a little courtesy instead of being insulting and generally unhelpful.

Players that have bags of bones that have not been redeemed should keep them in the bank. The devs may either put a new vendor in place in the next few days, due to a lack if some player's understanding, or (like several others have stated) the bones may be used in another event. The bones have not disappeared from the currency tab, nor have the bags disappeared from inventory, so it's a safe bet they may be useful in the future. It's possible Valindra may launch another assault in the near future as well.

This. I have played many MMO's and this is the most foreign thing I have ever experienced. I have never seen a vendor completely disappear like the bone's vendor did, they always leave special vendor's available for those that maybe had to work, were asleep or any other myriad of situations that lead to them being unable to redeem their event items for rewards on the final day.
  • Options
    ivebeenionizedivebeenionized Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please leave the vendor there for a day or so. The MMOs I have played do this, so how could it possibly be "common sense" for me to expect differently.
  • Options
    kriactkriact Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I didn't spend any of mine. Only played yesterday evening. Thought I would be able to do it today. Said the event was through today.