Options

Shame on the new event!

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    When does the event end?

I dun mind jst to keep playing for the dog..
  • Options
    jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Half and Half. I'm ok with the bones and savage enchantments (I really want a blue doggie though) as the drops. The seriousness comes at the point that I'm a 48 CW, and everyone is complaining about the CWs hogging the loot. It's just not happening. What IS happening is the 60's hogging the loot. Mobs die before they fully spawn with 60s hovering over the portal. That, and the rewards. I'm happy with "EVENT" rewards that you can only get during the event. But don't throw rewards out there that I can get elsewhere (the Dark Enchant). If I'm participating in the events, I want event rewards that can only be found there. Don't reward me with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I can get from not joining the event.
    I was really only complaining about the Dark Enchant reward, the rest of the post was just info, but the "not worth my time" was definitely sarcasm.

Oh, i thought you were complaining about getting that many bones. Ive never got a dark enchant from the event but if people are thats silly. It seems I get a few more enchants than you do but you get like 2x the amount of bags than im getting as I only get the 1 bone prize for playing the event. Im a 60 TR btw.
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, not complaining about the bones, they will be useful. I honestly didn't know that the blue dog comes from the bags, since the description says it ONLY has bones in it, I guess I'll open a few and see. I still think it's an AoE fest, but I see all classes in the 60s, just tearing it up and not leaving much for us little guys, but hey, with great level comes greater power, lol.
    I've worked out the timing on the portal or nearby spawn points, Steal Time and then shield pop and it serves me right. At least the lag is under control, I can actually target and move smoothly.
    Good luck to everyone and I hope we all get something we want out of it.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *** omnis passio odio.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Should I turn in all bones before the event ends?
    Will the bone merchant remain after the event ends?
    I don't want to be left holding worthless bones.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ctdummy80 wrote: »
    You do realize that most people aren't even getting 1 bag of bones per event right? And you do know the blue dog comes from the bag of bones right? And now you realize how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> your post is right?

Who are you calling most people? Wanted to get the titles on my alts. So went through the event with a bunch of them. Only one of which was a CW. Every one them got at least 1 bag on their first fight plus the bag when the event ended. Again, if you want bags target the hulks.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You mean, if I open enough bags of bones that say contain ONLY bones, I can buy a blue doggie, or are you saying that the bags that say "contain 1-3 bones of Valindra's minions" actually have blue dogs in them and the description is wrong?

The blue skeleton dog is a rare item sometimes found in the bags. Its not listed on the bags, but it can happen. Got one out of a bag last night. You can also trade the bones for a white quality skeleton dog that is limited to level 15. Until they add companion training.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait, a ONE Dark Enchantment 1 for participating in the Invasion Event?? If I wanted that I would go kill something in Blackdagger. I want Bones or a damned Blue Doggie!! I played 5 events with my 48 CW:
    Drops:
    8 Bags of bones
    11 Rank 1, 11 Rank 2, 4 Rank 3, 1 Rank 4
    Rewards:
    4 Bags of bones
    1 Dark Enchantment 1 (really wtf??)

I figure it's not worth my time anymore.

UPDATE 1AM CST:
    I have played this event 7 more times since my first Dark Enchantment 1 as a reward. I have received the same reward *7* more times in a row. 6 of these were consecutive and I took a break thinking I would get some bones or a bag for a reward, but my first one back was the same.

PW - Why am I receiving a non-event reward for my work? I was getting bags and just bones just fine till earlier today and now that's all I'm getting, non-event Dark Enchantment 1. Seriously, if I wanted one of these I would just WALK through Blackdagger (they won't even see you) and open a chest 30 seconds into the map and get it and be done.
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    @mechnomancer: <shrug> Dont know bud. Its fun though...to people, I guess. Barely seeing mobs pop and dye, for...mediocre loot is fun. So keep doing it.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I am quite certain that a control wozzid can't instakill the big ole wights that are now spawing, they hurts
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    phazonhunterphazonhunter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They removed the trader right after the stop of the event.

Are all the game designers they have new to the MMO genre? Doesn't anyone in their team get that people still want to be able to trade in rewards a few days after the event has ended? This is it, I'm out. Cryptic makes design fault after fault, I don't trust this game is going to get anywhere good in the coming years.
  • Options
    ninespearsninespears Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very unfair to take vender away so soon. some of us have real world lives and expected vender to be around for a bit after the event as is the norm in other MMO games
  • Options
    norellabnorellab Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ninespears wrote: »
    Very unfair to take vender away so soon. some of us have real world lives and expected vender to be around for a bit after the event as is the norm in other MMO games

I 100% fully agree. There are people who have REAL lives & who do not stay on the game 100%. The event vender should have been left alone for at least a day & anyway, I got the impression that the event was going to stay on thru out today! Not end this morning. After being on the game for just a short few weeks all i'm getting out of this game is a WoW mock up. I sure hope that Crypic gets their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together soon.