test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shame on the new event!

grnche12grnche12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I will make this very simple, because many people already felt it. AoE powers way too powerful, and I as rogue am getting only few kills, and in those few kills i only get few bones and stones. I didn't expect anything better, but still.. this is the baddest..

:'(
Post edited by grnche12 on

Comments

• grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    The truly great part is how it causes your machine to crash left and right.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    But rogues have plenty of AoEs, and you don't need to get the kill, you only need to do damage.
  • summerspamsummerspam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cmon Cryptic, the foundry makers are putting you to shame on this one, most uneventful event ever.

Chuck some big mobs in there and give the current mobs 20x more HP, it might be slightly more entertaining.
  • thulkoththulkoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    Wow these portal invasions are just stupid. You can't do anything or see anything. Just a mass of players firing off AoE. Coun't see the mobs at all. Terrible experience. Back to Foundry adventures best part of this game. If they'd put that into DDO I'd go back.
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Why didn't you bother upscaling the monsters' health, it's moronic to spawn ones with minion level health bars. This is an event many players will participate in, upscale it accordingly!
    100 times the health they have now and they may survive at least 5 seconds.
  • thulkoththulkoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    This is what the devs consider a "fun" event?

screenshot_2013-06-17-04-02-09.jpg
  • canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    Rogues got completely destroyed by QQ-ers and molly coddling developers.
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    CW OP, need to nerf CW time meow!
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    summerspam wrote: »
    cmon Cryptic, the foundry makers are putting you to shame on this one,

Ah ha, so that's why they closed the Foundry down for four days with no explanation; they don't want us making better content than them.

Tough, that was done weeks ago.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    grnche12 wrote: »
    I will make this very simple, because many people already felt it. AoE powers way too powerful, and I as rogue am getting only few kills, and in those few kills i only get few bones and stones. I didn't expect anything better, but still.. this is the baddest..

:'(

You fail as a TR.
    Blitz & PoB.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My GF got one hit.

One. Hit.

Even if a mob landed right next to me, they died faster than I could physically click the button.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    summerspam wrote: »
    cmon Cryptic, the foundry makers are putting you to shame on this one, most uneventful event ever.

Chuck some big mobs in there and give the current mobs 20x more HP, it might be slightly more entertaining.
    agreed a nice team of about 200 of us coulda made a event so amazing..owell an idea was to make it something you que 5 man for rather then 80 people aoeing one spot and i get like 3 drops per event
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    agreed a nice team of about 200 of us coulda made a event so amazing..owell an idea was to make it something you que 5 man for rather then 80 people aoeing one spot and i get like 3 drops per event

200? lol

How many people does it take to add an extra 0 to the mob hp? :P That alone would make it less silly.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    200? lol

How many people does it take to add an extra 0 to the mob hp? :P That alone would make it less silly.

Why it would take 1 person about 5 mins I reckon, if they actually allowed for such functionality in the foundry...
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whatever makes lives for rogues hard is enjoyable by me by default
    /cleric

And I agree that putting 6k hp mobs into the event.. devs must have brain damage.
  • mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And with these huge totals how do the poor low levels participate. Because it's not just tag the mob. don't forget your local DC.

I do agree that there should be more than just these minions but since its day one I'm willing to see if they did something more with it over the next day or two. A few larger wandering boss types would have been great but how gimp would it be to beat something like that down only to have the rewards spawn for someone who only just did enough damage to get on the list. you would need to code it so it dropped rewards for every single person who attacked it. Not hard but not easy either.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nerf the drop rate and increase the spawn rate dramatically so its like a zombie apocalypse. More portals more chances for people to have fun.

Theres no sense of urgency or immersion

Was so keen and all it became was a speed farming excercise.
  • jesttic01jesttic01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was looking forward to this event. Such a disappointment!!!!!!!!! What are you guys thinking with the Health of these MoBs????? They die before they even fully spawn!!!!!!!!!! Really starting to regret spending money on this game :(
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I won this event know how ?

I logged in, prayed, got my crafting going then logged out had some beers and watched some movies with my family, twas fathers day yesterday in my country.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • caverndragoncaverndragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lag Fest, Some of my guild cant even go into the clave with it running, they lag out. My TR got 2 whole bones, and I was dropping AOE like a mad dog. **** was dead before it was spawned. Flash back to the DDO Event aka Epic Fail Lag Fest.
    If it moves, KILL IT!
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The portals have closed! And all clients have crashed!
    But what can you expect from F2P?
  • warstormforumwarstormforum Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    2/10 score for this event sorry Pwe but this failed
    the enclave is a HORRIBLE location for this since it lags to begin with and then you spawn even more stuff in it
    mobs die WAY to fast so only CWs are getting any sort of reward
    fail jusr fail
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    CW's have the largest visual AOE's, but they are not the only AOE'ers by a long shot..

GWF's have AOE at-will attacks
    DC's have Sunburst
    Rogues have path of blades, and that throw blades all over the place attack..

The problem here, is that there are a LOT of people, and not a lot of places to go..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • garion29garion29 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a reiteration of what's been said in previous posts. An epic fail on a grand scale! It has to be the worst event I've ever seen designed (and due to being "mature in years" I've played most of them at one time or another).
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here. My GWF barely get a hit in any mob before they all die. Roar and Slam aren't helping mush. 5 portals closed and 14 bones in my pocket.

Another pathetic idea of this lazy team of morons at Cryptic.
  • flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This event needs serious tweaking!

Some crazy lag and crashes reported in my guild from players with pretty respectable rigs and stable fast net.

Ran around 5 portal events. Every single one upon completing the game either froze for around a minute or crashed.
    The actual undead bashing needs to be overhauled. The mobs were just demolished instantly. the odd hulk managed to take a half step and survive for around 2 second. Mobs need to be adjusted.

All in all, it was not much fun for me and my friends. Were just to many people in one area smashing weak undead to nothing before they even materialized.

If they can work out the kinks with performance issues and make the undead have more hp and hit harder it could be fun..
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not usually one to complain........but this was reminiscent of the complete and utter fail of the CoH Rikti invasion only worse. I really am not understanding how so utterly lame could be that big of a drain in the system, the saddest thing about this is...it wasn't even D&Dish.

Honestly the foundry authors could have come up with something better...it's inconceivable that anyone at Cryptic would remotely call this a good event. Dynamic events are something this game sorely needs...just not really terrible ones.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys? What about voicing your concerns politely? Anger won't make them "fix" anything faster. I agree, lag is annoying and npcs are really weak but being aggressive won't make anyone willing to hear you.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Hey guys? What about voicing your concerns politely? Anger won't make them "fix" anything faster. I agree, lag is annoying and npcs are really weak but being aggressive won't make anyone willing to hear you.

Where are you reading anyone being impolite? No one has called anyone at Cryptic names, they are just rightfully so disappointed by the event. I of all people am the first one to call for civility...but that isn't warranted here.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yah this portal event is pretty pathetic.

A few minutes of the lowest HP mobs you can imagine spawning in the most lag-fested event. Aoe them down in a split second for sh_tty loot. No danger. No threat. Theres no damage being taken. And then the end of the event nearly crashes every computer.

What a pathetic waste of time.