test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shame on the new event!

Comments

• phazonhunterphazonhunter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is just horribly designed. Any designer who was behind this should by all means be fired.

It's unbalanced, too short, very boring and general, the lagg is extreme, there is no way to participate for non lvl 60 aeo-spam players (besides the fact that the lagg prevents any movement to begin with). This kind of content was made for free to play mmo's years ago, and those companies noted how the lagg and other issues drag down the event to being absolute ****. I can't honestly believe a company with paid designers would go back to making something as bad as this.

Shame indeed. Deep shame.
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (stormdrag0n means that the call for civility isn't necessary. We're being perfectly civil.)
  • griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    Really poor event. Every time the event ends, my client crashes. Every single time.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    (stormdrag0n means that the call for civility isn't necessary. We're being perfectly civil.)

yes yes ...so less coherent before coffee. :)

We need to voice this concern and let Cryptic know that we expect much much better from them, because this was inexcusable. Cryptic might consider running events like this past the Moonstars and silverstars before implementing them..we could have saved them a lot of backlash.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oohh lets spawn 6 or 7 low hp mods and surround the 50 players..teehee.
    The rewards are lame too. Other than the skeletal dog, who cares.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Oohh lets spawn 6 or 7 low hp mods and surround the 50 players..teehee.
    The rewards are lame too. Other than the skeletal dog, who cares.

The enchants can be nice, for some classes. If it's not to your taste, you can sell it and buy anything you like. It's hard to make an enchant everyone can use and not making it a non-choice item (= OP).

I'm all for mobs with more HPs but i think the rewards are ok. It's free and it's valuable.
  • viciousjediviciousjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    woke up this morning early.. remembered.. oh yeah the events up.. logged in on my guardian fighter.. though for sure they will need my awesome tank. Then proceeded to sigh as I watched them die so fast my tank barely had a chance to even lift his sword.

How to fix this event?

1:) Make the mobs elite. I mean.. castle never quality.
    2:) have a mean hulk elite in the middle that gives gfs a mob to actually tank.
    3:) Give them RANDOM locations where they spawn. Basically once the event started the players figured out where all the spawn points where.. and every single.. cw and cleric with aoe just stood there waiting to reap the rewards.

Melee classes were left in the dust.

2 bones? thats how much I got.
    as far as the enchantments I think they are a bit weak. Just my 2 cents.
    Old School gamer, reviewer of mmos and slayer of dragons.
    edited June 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    The enchants can be nice, for some classes. If it's not to your taste, you can sell it and buy anything you like. It's hard to make an enchant everyone can use and not making it a non-choice item (= OP).

I'm all for mobs with more HPs but i think the rewards are ok. It's free and it's valuable.

You do know that this system was designed to drop class specific loot right? They could have easily made the drops class specific..free yes, valuable? Aside from the skeleton dog not hardly. The bottom line is for something that was hyped like this was and the fact that this is more than likely the reason we have been without foundry capabilities for the past few days...this is a complete and utter train wreck. You just can't white knight something this bad honestly.

It's not the end of the world Cryptic needs to step up admit it was poorly planned and executed and move on with a lesson learned...though one would have thought they would have learned it when the did the Ritki invasion.
  • narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Where are you reading anyone being impolite? No one has called anyone at Cryptic names, they are just rightfully so disappointed by the event. I of all people am the first one to call for civility...but that isn't warranted here.
    orodalf wrote: »

Just to jump in here real quick...
    @stormdrag0n... Read post #26 last line.."Another pathetic idea of this lazy team of morons at Cryptic." I would say that was name calling. Yes only one, but still.

@orodalf Posted above... Not really civil.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan
    Narayan
    edited June 2013
    Just to jump in here real quick...
    @stormdrag0n... Read post #26 last line.."Another pathetic idea of this lazy team of morons at Cryptic." I would say that was name calling. Yes only one, but still.

@orodalf Posted above... Not really civil.

Narayan

Then address him directly, all in all this thread is very civil more so than a lot of threads have been, generalizing helps no one.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have not even played this event yet but so much whine makes me want to jab my eyes out with a fork! Make the mobs Castle Never quality tough? What are people smoking? There are some of us who have not even seen Castle Never yet; what are non level-60 players supposed to do? Aren't all the Tier 2 players supposed to be speedrunning dungeons or something? Let me guess; they have all purple gear so they have nothing better to do than hang out in Protector's Enclave to farm from random mobs with much less HP than they.

My, we pathetic people who have lives and non-epic characters might as well go back to our crafting. I, for one, know that Dragon shard is in serious need of many, many pairs of pants.
    edited June 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    I have not even played this event yet but so much whine makes me want to jab my eyes out with a fork! Make the mobs Castle Never quality tough? What are people smoking? There are some of us who have not even seen Castle Never yet; what are non level-60 players supposed to do? Aren't all the Tier 2 players supposed to be speedrunning dungeons or something? Let me guess; they have all purple gear so they have nothing better to do than hang out in Protector's Enclave to farm from random mobs with much less HP than they.

My, we pathetic people who have lives and non-epic characters might as well go back to our crafting. I, for one, know that Dragon shard is in serious need of many, many pairs of pants.

While the Castle Never comment was over the top..you are right you haven't played it..it needs to be experienced to get the full sense of fail, the mobs were gates of neverwinter starting quest hard, I was on my lvl 35 TR and honestly I could have said:

"Everyone go grab a mug at the Driftwood...I got this."

No need making this a l33t Vs Casual when it isn't. When a uber carebear casual like myself complains...they have serious issues.
  • lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    This is really sad.... i was so waiting for a cool event and then, this :( - its just no fun, its just annoying.
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Play the event before you make up your mind, you'll soon find out calling the current difficulty of the monsters in the event more your cup of tea is a pretty grave insult, no offense.

Not to discriminate against players who find this kind of content difficult of course, those of you have my congratulations for managing to finish the tutorial. :p
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Managed to get 11 bones (between the single one for doing the event, and bags) on my TR in two portals so far.

Only real issue I have with it is the way it goes to seconds-per-frame at the instant the portals close. That's really odd/annoying.

(Actually, the more annoying part is that it's showing how little attention many people pay to the announcements on the launcher. So many zone chats "Portal, what's portal?" "Event?" "How long until next portal" "What are these bones?" etc, etc, etc)
  • lilmomcrowlilmomcrow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bdragonb wrote: »
    Same problem here. My GWF barely get a hit in any mob before they all die. Roar and Slam aren't helping mush. 5 portals closed and 14 bones in my pocket.

Another pathetic idea of this lazy team of morons at Cryptic.

Wow, 14 bones for one turn at the portal? I am a CW and average 2-3 per run....must be horrible for you.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Zone chat is a horrible mess. Is it liek this in other MMOs? I'm asking because I haven't played any other and now I can see why I avoided them for so long. Just too much drama...
  • hyttehanshyttehans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree, those mobs arent realy a threat to the city guards, ohhh what a dangerous invasion...
    Valindra is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i guess? hey im gonna send some weak *** mobs to invade the city, they arent even a threat but i send them anyway.
    edited June 2013
    Zone chat is a horrible mess. Is it liek this in other MMOs? I'm asking because I haven't played any other and now I can see why I avoided them for so long. Just too much drama...

Off topic but yeah...
    Any form of Global chat is a bad idea, give folks a trade chat that can easily be muted and let people make their own persistent channels that the creators can assign Mods to if they want.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

You can stand there naked at any level and occasionally drop your aoe. Believe me, in the end you will get bones and a frozen screen. Yay!
    In this other game with dynamic events when you are level 10 you fight against superhard elite event bosses. It is lots of fun when 20-40-60 people mashing on the boss. And you get real rewards and you get very little lag.
    Here, eight people aoeing one spot and I have like 20 fps?
    edited June 2013
    Scene: Deep in the Neverwinter Wood Valindra gazes out the window of her tower plotting her next diabolical move.

Cult Leader: What terror do you have in store for the pathetic wretches of Neverwinter oh dark mistress?

Valendra: I don't understand...I have plagued them with a dread ring, a dracolich, hell the fracking Neverdeath Graveyard has Red Wizards of Thay summoning demons...Red... flipping... Wizards even and still they endure!

Cult Leader: They are nothing if not durable mistress.

Valendra: I need to think outside of the box something bold, something completely unexpected.....

Cult Leader: Perhaps a stampede of Owl Bears, an Army of trolls maybe..or Oh!!! I got it!!! you could summon the Terrasque! Think of the devastation!

Valendra: I said unpredictable you ninny! I have just the thing..I will bring forth random spawns of low level undead...very low level, I mean so easy even that pompous elf Stromdragon could slay them.

Cult Leader: But...why..I'm confused we want to win here right? I mean Sazz Tam did mention winning....

Valendra: Don't you understand you dolt! It will lull them into a false sense of security it may even cause mass deaths from fits of laughter...it's so crazy it just might work!!!

Cult Leader: Riiiiiighhhttt......Are you sure you don't want to reconsider the Owl Bears?
  • narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Then address him directly, all in all this thread is very civil more so than a lot of threads have been, generalizing helps no one.

Why address him directly? You were the one posting that there was no name calling in this thread. I was just pointing of you were wrong. :)

And saying this thread is more civil then most is not really saying much.
    Narayan
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    grnche12 wrote: »
    I will make this very simple, because many people already felt it. AoE powers way too powerful, and I as rogue am getting only few kills, and in those few kills i only get few bones and stones. I didn't expect anything better, but still.. this is the baddest..

:'(
    Rogues need more nerfs
  • flupperyfluppery Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's like shooting fish in a barrel. No challenge and the rewards match this. Well done.
  • jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im having problems competing with the CWs and DCs along with 5fps. Played two events and got 5 bones so I bought two of those things that pulse necrotic damage for a few minutes at one bone a piece hoping I can just use them to AoE and just stand there since I cant do anything else.
  • obsidianw0lfobsidianw0lf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can hardly get a hit in because people are just aoeing everything down as it pops. I'm even seeing people just macroing what seems to be a afk toon. Just walks in a circle aoeing. Only way to fix this is have the groups spawn in around the spawn point not on it. In multiple groups. It wont fix it totally but will help.
    7bK3vEy.gif

A story driven quest with humor, and a lot of challenging fights. What starts out as a simple lost item quest quickly turns into a much darker, and a lot more dangerous adventure.
  • darklodusdarklodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    From what I'm reading, it kind of reminds me of a boss encounter that was exploited in Runes of Magic. The boss was supposed to spawn like once a day or once a month or something and it was spawning once every 30 seconds or so...Basically the thing ended up getting pulled through a gauntlet of AOE's and killed in seconds...

darklodus
    edited June 2013
    Why address him directly? You were the one posting that there was no name calling in this thread. I was just pointing of you were wrong. :)

/ignore :rolleyes:
    And saying this thread is more civil then most is not really saying much.

What a pessimistic view of the community....considering what these forums were like a few weeks back, I would disagree...still we do have bridge dwellers and not all of them are anti-cryptic ones it would seem.
    edited June 2013
    darklodus wrote: »
    From what I'm reading, it kind of reminds me of a boss encounter that was exploited in Runes of Magic. The boss was supposed to spawn like once a day or once a month or something and it was spawning once every 30 seconds or so...Basically the thing ended up getting pulled through a gauntlet of AOE's and killed in seconds...

darklodus

OHHH! I remember that...the effects of him dying were epic though, the respawn rate was exactly 31 seconds after death when it was suppose to be 31 days.
  • realdadiorealdadio Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All I have to say is .5 fps for the win lol