test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End of Neverwinter Open Beta - Week-long Events!

Comments

• Options
    umbrasicarius912umbrasicarius912 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please return vendors for the masses that wish to claim their loot.. thanks..
  • Options
    kodochaxxkodochaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Return the vendors, I didn't even get to spend mines makes no sense to take them away right as the event ends since people were doing the event right up to the very end and thus still earning rewards.
  • Options
    wildgerwildger Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't have the time to log in this morning to exchange the bones. Please bring back the vendors.
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Makes all those bags of bones on the AH pretty worthless now, unless your just trying to get the blue dog. Most will contain bones only and then you've wasted your 30kAD, or however ridiculously high the price is.
  • Options
    squidputtsquidputt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Leaving up the vendor for the rest of the day makes the most sense, don't you think?
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    guess some players should have spent the stuff instead of hanging out all day trying to sell the bone bags on zone chat.

go figure......

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    rekmaxyumrekmaxyum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You should give us the chance to spend what we earned, at least leave the vendors for a couple of days.
  • Options
    darminiondarminion Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    guess some players should have spent the stuff instead of hanging out all day trying to sell the bone bags on zone chat.

go figure......

Yeah, I'm not sure if anyone ever told you, but some people actually have **** to do in real life so weren't able to exchange the bones in time.
  • Options
    neuganneugan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or in actuality people would prefer to QQ and Rage now instead of, oh let's say cashing out before they logged out last night - since they knew they had "****" to do in real life...

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Poor Performance.
  • Options
    orinllhausorinllhaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a learning experience for them. They should return the vendors, or make one of the in game vendors available to take the bones for processing. To create this unique economy and then remove the ability for users to use the currency is very harsh. Typically with such an event, they should allow the vendors to remain in place for at least a week or as long as the virtual currency created by this event is still in circulation.

That said, its not my game; they can do what they want. Shouldn't be to hard to put them back in though.
  • Options
    sarranspsarransp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neugan wrote: »
    Or in actuality people would prefer to QQ and Rage now instead of, oh let's say cashing out before they logged out last night - since they knew they had "****" to do in real life...

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Poor Performance.

This guy is all about alliteration.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I thought when I was told that the event was ending on the twentieth, it meant that it would be in the evening. Obviously, I was wrong. Was this my own fault, yes, of course. Should I not have been holding on to my bones to buy a friend who couldn't get on the past two days a birthday present, apparently not. Should I - and the other users who didn't know - be punished for it? I'd like to think not, but again, apparently I'm wrong.

Do we need to be **** on by (some of) the community for not spending our bones, and trying to talk to the people who can make it not a complete loss? Absolutely not.

Speaking for myself, I wasn't trying to sell the bags. I don't have any bags. I have over a hundred bones, which don't take up inventory space, because I was trying to save inventory space. A spot or three doesn't seem like a lot until you used up all of your bank slots, and all of your inventory slots, and you're not by a mail box, and there's a nice new piece of armor or weapon that you just can't pick up because you bought the dog instead of holding on to the bones because you thought you had a few more hours.

/eta

It's been said that it was in the news or on the forums the exact time that the event was ending. I'm clearly not the only user who doesn't check the news and the forums every day. Or ... you know, like ever. If they can make in-game announcements about the upcoming downtime, the portals opening and closing, why then couldn't there be an in-game announcement about the LAST portal, or the vendor packing up shop?

Obviously too late for this now, but perhaps something for Cryptic to consider in the future?
  • Options
    teslapawnsedisonteslapawnsedison Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it's silly not to leave the vendor up for a few days to a week to allow those unable to immediately log in to still have the opportunity to spend their bones.

Please rethink this.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    The vendor will be back temporarily, but we need a new game build (and maintenance) to add him back in.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    squidputt wrote: »
    I thought when I was told that the event was ending on the twentieth, it meant that it would be in the evening. Obviously, I was wrong. Was this my own fault, yes, of course. Should I not have been holding on to my bones to buy a friend who couldn't get on the past two days a birthday present, apparently not. Should I - and the other users who didn't know - be punished for it? I'd like to think not, but again, apparently I'm wrong.

Do we need to be **** on by (some of) the community for not spending our bones, and trying to talk to the people who can make it not a complete loss? Absolutely not.

Speaking for myself, I wasn't trying to sell the bags. I don't have any bags. I have over a hundred bones, which don't take up inventory space, because I was trying to save inventory space. A spot or three doesn't seem like a lot until you used up all of your bank slots, and all of your inventory slots, and you're not by a mail box, and there's a nice new piece of armor or weapon that you just can't pick up because you bought the dog instead of holding on to the bones because you thought you had a few more hours.

/eta

It's been said that it was in the news or on the forums the exact time that the event was ending. I'm clearly not the only user who doesn't check the news and the forums every day. Or ... you know, like ever. If they can make in-game announcements about the upcoming downtime, the portals opening and closing, why then couldn't there be an in-game announcement about the LAST portal, or the vendor packing up shop?

Obviously too late for this now, but perhaps something for Cryptic to consider in the future?

You seem like a reasonable sort of individual, and I applaud you for doing something for a friend. I'm pretty sure any vitriol here isn't directed towards you, or other reasonable people like you. Rather I prefer to think it's aimed squarely in the direction of the people whining about not cashing in their bones at the last minute because they HAD to farm that last portal for their last umpty-millionth Bag when anybody with the sense of a turnip knew at that point the event was over at 9:00am.

That being said, it was never any kind of secret that the event was over at 9am today. Also, it's not like there's no precedent for event vendors going away at the close of an event. I do empathize with you over your lack of bag space. Really, with the amount of stuff they give you that you want to keep, the amount of room they give you to keep it is almost criminal DESPITE having a cash shop. I must confess though, in a similar situation I might have made it a point to get to a mailbox right after I bought said gift so I wouldn't have to worry about it later.

Although, that's pretty much the way I am IRL... I prefer to have a plan and be prepared for more common issues that might crop up.
  • Options
    joseph86itajoseph86ita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    when you buy best server to reduce lag?
  • Options
    udinbak777udinbak777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. bring the vendor back! Who removes the ability to redeem event tokens the instant the event ends? I mean WHO DOES THAT? Tell me the name of the person responsible for making the suggestion so I know exactly who to blame for this bullsh!t. Then fire that guy. Or everyone.

Imagine you run a race, and along the track you pick up tokens which can be redeemed for medals, but as soon as you pass the finish line the guy who swaps the tokens for medals gets evaporated into the aether making the tokens worthless. Yeah, That's neverwinter, apparently.

I didn't see one place where it was mentioned the vendor would be removed. It SHOULD have been right there in the announcement and EVERYWHERE ELSE! Thanks for spoiling Live release, wasting my time and ALL of the bones I collected. I had intended to spend them all when I knew how many I had to spend and a better idea of what to spend them on. apparently not.
  • Options
    udinbak777udinbak777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The vendor will be back temporarily, but we need a new game build (and maintenance) to add him back in.

Well that deflates my rage balloon somewhat, you could have mentioned this before I started typing my rant :P
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I like to think I am pretty reasonable, which is why I think I'm upset right now. Because literally right before the last portal, I paused at Mako and thought to myself "Do I just buy the dog now?" and went nahhh and proceeded to destroy some wights (Destroyed used loosely, as I'm merely level twenty)

So, while I'm frustrated with the sudden disappearance of the vendor, mostly I'm pissed at myself for not doing a thing that could have saved me a lot of feelings.

Next time, yes, I will just buy in advance and mail promptly.

I am glad to read that he will be returning, however, and I hope there will be apt time for everyone to turn in their bones.
  • Options
    darminiondarminion Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013

And what have we learned from all this....? Hmmm?
  • Options
    cascanocascano Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ag no , yes end of the event, but why remove the apprentice? I now have bones and nothing to buy as the maintanance today started two hours before end of event was scheduled as per the forum. What am I missing; can i still use the bones to buy skeleton dogs etc? If this is the case it sucks as I wasted three days of gameplay which I actually enjoyed!
  • Options
    ashayafaeashayafae Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013

It's good to hear the vendor will be back but do we have any kind of timeframe for when He will be back?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    darminion wrote: »
    And what have we learned from all this....? Hmmm?

That it's probably for the best to leave an event vendor up for 24 hours past the end of an event since longer would cause people to whine that an NPC is selling things they can't buy because they have no currency for it, and less would cause people to whine that they didn't have a chance to spend their tokens because they were too busy farming the tokens during the event...

tl;dr People whine.
  • Options
    kynd9kynd9 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are those who participated in the end beta event going to be "rewarded with some amazing items" in the near future?
  • Options
    amarcia76amarcia76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How would you like to earn unique enchantments with 2 stats on them? What about a new and unique companion?

Learn more about how you earn them just by playing Neverwinter and celebrating the end of Open Beta: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=895271.

Are you ready for the Invasion?

Will we still be able to spend the bones we earned??? With the Shard down for Maintenance this morning - I was unable to spend the rest of my bones? Please advise...THANKS!!!:confused:
  • Options
    kynd9kynd9 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they need to do maintenance to bring back a apprentice but yes, hold on to your bones.
  • Options
    skodnarskodnar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I would advice you guys to implement a permanent event vendor, Rift had the same problem until they put in a vendor for all event currency.
  • Options
    lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    skodnar wrote: »
    I would advice you guys to implement a permanent event vendor, Rift had the same problem until they put in a vendor for all event currency.

I agree. Place him in the marketplace and allow anyone to turn in old event currency at any time.
  • Options
    amill72amill72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bah, the event vendor did his job. Let him enjoy his time off.
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Honestly the devs should of not allowed bag of bones be sold on the AH if they were going to take it away.. I bid a lot of AD on the bags.. is there an estimated time frame for the temporary return?