test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End of Neverwinter Open Beta - Week-long Events!

Comments

• Options
    stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    thwaite81 wrote: »
    I would like to know the same thing.

Is this for 60s only? Or can any level jump in on the fun.

This is also what I would like answered. I've been in the betas of many MMOs and the norm for a big finish to the beta is a huge event that seems to focus on max level people. I've been busy enjoying different classes and don't have one at max level yet. I probably could get one close if I focused for a few days. I'm picturing level 60s killing all the mobs before lower levels even get to see or touch them, meaning no bags of bones except for a select few.
  • Options
    bordishbordish Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When the game officially launches and i didn't buy the founders pack, will my character including the items will be wipe or reset??
  • Options
    kitandkaboodlekitandkaboodle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wish this was run over the weekend instead of the middle of the work week. I'll be on travel for work and won't be able to participate in any of phase 2 or 3 because of the timing.
  • Options
    rizilliantrizilliant Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    does this mean no more NW until launch? and will i lose my progress if i didnt buy this adventurers pack? I try to enjoy these f2p games, whithout spending tons of cash.

Id rather just pay monthly if its required to advance or enjoy the game if so..
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rizilliant wrote: »
    does this mean no more NW until launch? and will i lose my progress if i didnt buy this adventurers pack? I try to enjoy these f2p games, whithout spending tons of cash.

Id rather just pay monthly if its required to advance or enjoy the game if so..

NW is not going down until launch and there will be no wipes. You can continue playing as you have during the open beta, once the game launcher.
  • Options
    zbluggzblugg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is also what I would like answered. I've been in the betas of many MMOs and the norm for a big finish to the beta is a huge event that seems to focus on max level people. I've been busy enjoying different classes and don't have one at max level yet. I probably could get one close if I focused for a few days. I'm picturing level 60s killing all the mobs before lower levels even get to see or touch them, meaning no bags of bones except for a select few.

One way to implement this could be to make several "instances" of Prot.Enc., scaling with levels. 1-10, 11-20, etc... Or maybe by increments of 5? Then once the launch launched (duh...), resume normal course of activities.

If it's for 60's only, I have LOTS of grinding and questing to do!
    21.jpg
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bordish wrote: »
    When the game officially launches and i didn't buy the founders pack, will my character including the items will be wipe or reset??

No , you can keep playing for free .
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great...add an event that encourages you to farm skill nodes and then nerf the skill nodes to deter farming. Does 1 hand know what the other is doing over there?
  • Options
    nattahainattahai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, looks nice! :) Btw. are you going to delete all characters after the official launch (end of beta) or are you going to keep them?
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nattahai wrote: »
    Wow, looks nice! :) Btw. are you going to delete all characters after the official launch (end of beta) or are you going to keep them?
    Did you even bother to read any of the previous posts in this thread? , this was already answered on the previous page , like 5 or 6 posts before yours...
  • Options
    treydoc85treydoc85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Brilliant event. Sadly I won't be able to participate on the whole thing :/

OT :Sucks they still can't rephrased the founders pack information.
    (This has a value of 700$ which everyone with half a brain knows is bulls*** :D)
    (FYI, I bought the pack, but they still haven't given me the forum title...)

For your forum title, go to User CP once your in forums, then on the left side click "Permission Groups," then change it up. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    meipingmeiping Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What level do you need to be to participate in Phase 2 and Phase 3?
  • Options
    dateuntintedateuntinte Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Love the events! and kill invasions of monters, gogogo. Protec the city of Neverwinter :p
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic has mechanic (in CO anyway) for 'Scary Monster tech' for open map invasions, events and stuff. Meaning stuff will scale to your lvl.
    Just don't hit 'Team Up' button or you may end up as a lvl 1....:p
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kromlechhkromlechh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds fun
    Any other ideas you're ripping off RIFT to be added soon?
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kromlechh wrote: »
    Sounds fun
    Any other ideas you're ripping off RIFT to be added soon?

Meh we used to have events that sounds like this will be years ago in Lineage, well before rift was even an idea. There are very few original ideas left...only rebranding.
  • Options
    shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    They did this in CO before rift was ever out. So, no they are ripping themselves off. :P
  • Options
    dalang3ddalang3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    helllo is anybody here???

i have many question about phase 2 and 3
    1. how many time we can participate on every phase??
    2. i don't understand about phrase "... Portals will spawn at the top and bottom of the hour..." can anyone describe this??
    3. how we can participate on this event ? can we play solo or must be party like Dungeon Delves on this event??
    :confused::rolleyes:
  • Options
    unifyingforceunifyingforce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so is it me or did the x2 enchantments break?

because i tested it both in foundry and normal content and both were giving out singles, even thought it says its supposed to last till the 17th
  • Options
    otijuurikasotijuurikas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I realy would like to know if i get "skeleton dog" from the last phase from beta event. does my account also stays the same level or will everything be gone after game goes live.
  • Options
    maullovemaullove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm excited, will definitely be trying to get a skeleton dog this week.
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    dalang3d wrote: »
    2. i don't understand about phrase "... Portals will spawn at the top and bottom of the hour..." can anyone describe this??

When the big hand is at the top (12) and at the bottom (6). So, 12:00, 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, etc.
  • Options
    xberithxxberithx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This sounds fun,actually.
  • Options
    hocuspocushocuspocus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How long until it starts?
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hocuspocus wrote: »
    How long until it starts?
    Read the announcement, that will tell you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dalang3ddalang3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brazennl wrote: »
    When the big hand is at the top (12) and at the bottom (6). So, 12:00, 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, etc.

ohh.. i see...
    Thank's for your answer:)
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    The dog is lame and worthless, sorry to say. The other rewards, why is there only one rune? Do you really expect everyone to only want those 2 stats?

Can we get some variation?

Edit: Are we going to get any variation beside crit & arp on double runes...or can I go back to not logging in? Any answer?
  • Options
    bahumut5bahumut5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree with the previous poster...
    When I read the news about the event, I got really excited, but seeing as these minions die before I can even touch them (too many classes constantly spamming AE abilities on the spawning area) and the waves only last for 5 minutes on designated spots, it just doesn't feel worthwhile right now.

A big boss ravaging the city was what I expected, with rewards going to whoever participates in killing it (or random at least, as long as the fight is fun) and some actual "useful" rewards...
    Just scrolls, bones, runes and the chance to get the rare dog doesn't seem to be great as a reward. Most of us don't even want to use the dog companion due to the usefulness of other companions (I prefer the Cleric one, even if it is common).
  • Options
    shananiganzzshananiganzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any chance at fixing the massive lag spike/ client crash at the end of each event?
  • Options
    skidmarx1skidmarx1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The event is a huge failure too many lvl 60 campers mean lower levels have very little chance of even hitting one of the invasion NPC,s unless they have some sort of spammable AOE.After 3 invasion attempts i got a title for killing 20 mobs,7 bones and a few lv 1-3 enchant runes not much for 1.5 hours standing bored.